TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Megan Corkrey

Hungry_Homer111

[21]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 26
    If she wins this year, it will be the last time I watch American Idol. Her dance moves are terrible, but her singing is even worse. She doesn't deserve to be in the top 13, let alone top 11. Every week she gets through is a week where a much more deserving singer gets cut. Here's to hoping she goes next week. But then, if she does, I can guarentee that the judges will use their power to keep her safe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TvCrazy

[22]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 10
    I love her, I don't care what anyone says. I think her unique voice is beautiful and her dancing is so cute to me. I know she won't win but i would like to see her get to maybe top 5.

imthemediagirl

[23]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 12
    yeah, im really sick of people thinking she has a bad voice just because she doesnt have a BIG voice. the two are entirely different, one can be over-the-top screaming like von, but he has a big voice. megan keeps it toned down, and the kind of impression she can make without forcing things is the mark of talent to me.

Dulcinea1978

[24]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 13
    I like her but I have to agree, the little dance she does was cute the first time but now it seems like it's the only thing she can do when she moves. She needs to work on her stage presence a lot, and I hated the song she did this week :s
    I hope she gets better though, she's different and when she's good she is really amazing, it just doesn't always come out right yet.

JAKandDAX123

[25]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 12
    i love megan, shes my favorite.

paperlugi

[26]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 4
    I do not like her at all. And it has nothing to do with the fact that she doesn't have a big voice. When she is 'singing' it sounds like she is just speaking along with the song. I could care less about the dancing. She isn't singing, she is talking... Not a fan. There are many better than her.

ebony_kunoichi

[27]Mar 13, 2009

paperlugi wrote:
    I do not like her at all. And it has nothing to do with the fact that she doesn't have a big voice. When she is 'singing' it sounds like she is just speaking along with the song. I could care less about the dancing. She isn't singing, she is talking... Not a fan. There are many better than her.

O.k. I've heard yeah she's cute. O.k. if you think she is "cute" thats fine. Personally I dont think she is but to each its own. Just close your eyes and listen to her singing. If you still think she can sing then that's on you. Her voice is out of pitch, key, tone, and just plain weird. This is a singing competition not a pageant or lets see who can be the most unique. Good singing has criteria that it needs to meet. If you just have to be cute, strange and sing a little off key weirdly then my tranny cousin Jamal surely should have made it on idol, but he didnt! If she wants to join a band, that would be great for her. She needs lots of instruments behind her, next to her and on top of her. Her stage presence needs work too.

kikiigirl

[28]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:
    zethcarn22 wrote:
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:

But that little dance she was doing, i really wanted to take a hatchet to her arms!!

you're a little disturbed.

Whats wrong with hatcheting off her arms?!?!?! Actually, only one arm, that tattoo arm is hideous :p

I love her tatoo arm.... that's part of her unique identity...as well as the dance.... have you seen anyone elese dance like that???? It's unique and corkey and lovely

sylent_asassin

[29]Mar 13, 2009
    kikiigirl wrote:

I love her tatoo arm.... that's part of her unique identity...as well as the dance.... have you seen anyone elese dance like that????

Yeah. It was when a friend of mine had one too many shots of Patron. Other than that, the dancing looked like someone that was suffering from genital itching.

kikiigirl

[30]Mar 13, 2009
    imthemediagirl wrote:
    yeah, im really sick of people thinking she has a bad voice just because she doesnt have a BIG voice. the two are entirely different, one can be over-the-top screaming like von, but he has a big voice. megan keeps it toned down, and the kind of impression she can make without forcing things is the mark of talent to me.

I totally agree with you....and the one reason why she gets through even tgough her voice may not be as great as others' is that she is from the very few ones who can really choose an suitable song for her.... the thing that frustrates the judges every time - as soon as a great vocalist choose wrong song... he is in danger of being cut...wheres Megan (also Adam, Allison, Alexis and Danny) always choose a song that really suits her voice.

kikiigirl

[31]Mar 13, 2009
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    kikiigirl wrote:

I love her tatoo arm.... that's part of her unique identity...as well as the dance.... have you seen anyone elese dance like that????

Yeah. It was when a friend of mine had one too many shots of Patron. Other than that, the dancing looked like someone that was suffering from genital itching.

Well...that depends on the taste, doesn't it? I can just say that i'm a modern ballet dancer and most of my dancer friends agrees with me and think that she's absolutely adorable and her moves are fresh and unique.

kal915

[32]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 11
    i think she sings amazing and i would be surprised if she gets eliminated before the top 6

alen76ers

[33]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 16
    I like her personality and her combination of wildness and cuteness. She has that big tattoo and she does such a childish and cute dance. I love that strange mixture. But the vocals aren't so satisfying. Her voice is unique but she didn't show off any skills.

sylent_asassin

[34]Mar 13, 2009
    kikiigirl wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    kikiigirl wrote:

Well...that depends on the taste, doesn't it? I can just say that i'm a modern ballet dancer and most of my dancer friends agrees with me and think that she's absolutely adorable and her moves are fresh and unique.

Yeah, it's all subjective anyway. Still, I stand by my guns in saying that Megan's physical attributes are the determining factor on whether she stays in the competition. Most people vote for her because she's attractive, not because she's a great vocalist. Let's face facts. She'd be in the bottom 3 along with Scott and Kris if it all came down to vocals... and if Megan's voice and personality were in a less attractive shell, she would have never made it past the Hollywood rounds.

My_Dog_Misty

[35]Mar 13, 2009
    Megan is honestly my personal favorite.

I always favorite the person who I feel has the most unique voice.

And I feel like it is her this seasonn..

I don't think she could really win though [:

taillow22

[36]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 11
    I used to think that she could win, but it seems that a lot of people don't really like her. But she is definitely good, and no, she doesn't 'talk' like someone else said. I think the judges would have noticed if there was a talker in a singing competition, kay?

diable666

[37]Mar 15, 2009
    • level: 2

She is my girl.

Love her. She is my Amy Winehouse. Drug free and way better looking.

stellarchick86

[38]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 32
    diable666 wrote:
    and way better looking.

Thats really not saying much lol

Edited on 03/16/2009 12:14pm

bonjovichick

[39]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 16
    Sorry I hate her tatoo arm. I don't mind small or one mid size tatoo but that whole arm thing is awful. It looks so odd to me when she wears a pretty red dress and then that arm. Just my opinion but it is just awful to look at. I liked Carly alot but her tats were distracting as well and this one is even more so. Just isn't my thing.

ebony_kunoichi

[40]Mar 16, 2009
    I love Tats, but on her it just looks outta place and unsettling! I hope she gets voted off. When I picture a arm tattoo I see a druken salior out on the town in Shanghai and not some blonde, coffee house looking chick strumming her guitar while yuppies drink their lattes. She should be edgy and hard not soft like butter in the Texas sun. Oh vey!