American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Megan Corkrey

taillow22

[41]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 11
    K, so she should get voted off for having a tattoo.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

myintermail

[42]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    She still sucks as a singer, in sickness or health. Period.

On a shallow note, she did look gorgeous this week. Yes, I can't help but to look at her racks. Mostly because the dress is designed to draw attention to that area. (I'm a guy okay!)

sylent_asassin

[43]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 26
    myintermail wrote:
    She still sucks as a singer, in sickness or health. Period. On a shallow note, she did look gorgeous this week. Yes, I can't help but to look at her racks. Mostly because the dress is designed to draw attention to that area. (I'm a guy okay!)

Word... and I think she looks good every week. She's a pretty girl... and the way her breasts were bulging out, I just might have voted for her if she put hypnotic pinwheels on them.

Edited on 03/18/2009 11:05am

nickel2006

[44]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 48
    Did anyone else noticed she was called Megan Joy? Not a big deal or anything. Just saying

stellarchick86

[46]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 32
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    Yes, I can't help but to look at her racks. Mostly because the dress is designed to draw attention to that area. (I'm a guy okay!)

Lol, its ok as long as youre not voting for her because of it! lol. Even I noticed it, I mean how could you not, when they were going on about how it looked like she was going to the prom or something I took more of a notice to what she was wearing (I ususally try to space out during her performances so I wasnt really paying much attention before) and I was like woah...sort of see-through there lol.

nickel2006 wrote:
    Did anyone else noticed she was called Megan Joy? Not a big deal or anything. Just saying

Lol. Was she the one going through the divorce or something or was that someone else? Maybe Joy was her maiden name so she changed it now ? IDK..

sylent_asassin

[47]Mar 18, 2009
    nickel2006 wrote:

I'd rather call her Almond Joy. "Sometimes she performs like a nut... Sometimes she don't."

I just showed my age. Seriously, I think Joy is her middle name that's used with her first name like MaryAnn, BillyJo and MaryLou.

Peggy_Porcupine

[48]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 13

Jumping right in here... I have liked Megan and her quirky voice and arrangements ever since her audition piece which was from "Show Boat" by the way

Do I think she will get to # 1? No.

Do I think she'll get a recording contract? Yes.

If you heard a song by her over the radio you would know, absolutely, that it was Megan because you recognise her voice.

So I wish her well.

As to some of the comments critizing her tatoos and clothes - someone said (my paraphrase)

If you cannot say anything about her singing you resort to complaining about her clothes, dance, whatever.

~Peggy from Porcupine

with No Canadian Idol to follow American Idol this year.

24Ashan24

[49]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 6
    I think she killed the Patsy song! But dear god that dancing! Just stand there you look amazing and nailed the song no more dancing like a drunkin sailor.

24Ashan24

[50]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 6

taillow22 wrote:

Why?

taillow22

[51]Mar 19, 2009
    24Ashan24 wrote:

taillow22 wrote:

Why?

I was just sarcastically summarizing what they were ranting about on the previous page.

ebony_kunoichi

[52]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 13

Her wardrobe isnt her fault...I hope! The AI wardrobe people need to be shot! Its not her fault, or any of them. Not unless they pick the clothes. I dont think they do. I dont care if she has a tattoo. I just think it looks weird on her.

Sounding unique is cool. I love Katy Perry and when I hear her on the radio I know it's her. katy perry is a great songwriter as well, but do I think she can sing?...heck no! Live she is horrible. If Katy Perry was on AI I wouldnt vote for her. It's a singing competition. So therefore Meagan to me shouldnt have made it thru the top 13. Her singing is weak and her stage presence is like a hippy on a bender. As for her assets, if showing my girls can get me a recording contract then i'm jumping on a plane to LA and flashing my 34D's all over that town!!

sylent_asassin

[53]Mar 19, 2009
    I think the contestants have to to have some kind of veto power over the wardrobe. I just wonder who's picking the colors. They're more random than the nonsense Paula spews during her critiques. Who the hell wears green and brown? It's like the ghost of diarrhea past came back with a vengeance. It's like someone closes their eyes and throws darts on a board and that's what they wear.

ebony_kunoichi wrote:

As for her assets, if showing my girls can get me a recording contract then i'm jumping on a plane to LA and flashing my 34D's all over that town!!

Oh baby! You're making like Keri Hilson and "turning me on." Just to let you know, I'm a... um... a music producer. Yeah! That's it... and I'll offer you a recording contract if you give ME a show. You won't even have to board a plane. I accept PM's and Mpeg files. If you moan and say my name while you dance, I'll even include Felix the Cat's authentic signature on the contract.

Katy Perry... Her music is catchy, but what's the deal with "Hot n Cold?" She's hot, cold, yes, no, in, out, up and down... Sounds like she's going through menopause.

amaryllis88

[54]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 20
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    I think the contestants have to to have some kind of veto power over the wardrobe. I just wonder who's picking the colors. They're more random than the nonsense Paula spews during her critiques. Who the hell wears green and brown? It's like the ghost of diarrhea past came back with a vengeance. It's like someone closes their eyes and throws darts on a board and that's what they wear.

At least Danny sort of made fun of what he was wearing when Simon asked him about his wardrobe. It did look like an inflatable vest that they give you to jump off a plane with. Does he have matching glasses for all his outfits? Megan's did look somewhat like a prom dress, but she also looked a bit preggers in her dress as well. I noticed that her earrings matched Paula's earrings, and it seems like the results shows are more of a "dressed down" version for everybody involved.

ShyXena

[55]Mar 20, 2009
    I don't really like her

TreeHill_89

[56]Mar 21, 2009
    I liked her performance for country week but overall she isn't one of my favourites though.

heroesfan07

[57]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 21
    I love Megan I think she is really interesting!She reminds me alot of Brooke White a real underdog!

angeldeb82

[58]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 12

According to TV Guide (Mar. 30 - Apr. 12, 2009): "Megan Joy's face might suggest Reese Witherspoon, but her right arm screams Angelina Jolie. The 23-year-old mother recently told us the meaning of her visible body art and hinted that she might be looking for more than a big career. 'It's the stained glass of my fairy tale,' she said of her tatoo sleeve. 'It's a castle and there's a fairy godmother--- my mom. The wizard is my brother, the prince is my son, and then the queen is me. Who knows who the next king is!' The divorced Megan recently dropped her married name---Corkrey---so we're pretty sure the king isn't her ex." So that's why she dropped the Corkrey name.

stellarchick86

[59]Mar 25, 2009
    angeldeb82 wrote:
    So that's why she dropped the Corkrey name.

Thats what I said lol. I didnt know what the tattoo was, but thats pretty crazy she went into so much detail on that lol.

TBMSFriday

[60]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 9
    She can beat out the other girls, but I think she'll have some trouble with the guys. With Alexis gone, she's my favorite girl now. But like I said, beating out Danny and Adam will take some work. That dance is annoying....she looks like a robot..