American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Megan Corkrey

PVRAddict

[61]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 4
    Current weakest link, stop singing out of your nose or whatever is making you sound bad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

taillow22

[62]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 11
    Hey does anyone have any contact to Megan? I've tried YouTube and Wikipedia. I need to tell her to sing 'The Climb' or 'Hoedown Throwdown' next week, kay?

simonfn1

[63]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 1
    Megan is the Brooke White of season 8. Makes ya wonder why is she still there?? I think the only people voting for her are men! She's horrible, can't dance, and her last performance reminded me of that scene in My Best Friends Wedding when Gwenth Paltro was singing in the Karoke Bar!

kikimarie593

[64]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 27

simonfn1 wrote:
    Megan is the Brooke White of season 8. Makes ya wonder why is she still there?? I think the only people voting for her are men! She's horrible, can't dance, and her last performance reminded me of that scene in My Best Friends Wedding when Gwenth Paltro was singing in the Karoke Bar!

Not true. I'm a girl and I always vote for her. And I know that your comparison of her to Brooke White was meant to be an insult, but I liked Brooke too.

Monarch117

[65]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 2
    kikimarie593 wrote:

simonfn1 wrote:

Not true. I'm a girl and I always vote for her. And I know that your comparison of her to Brooke White was meant to be an insult, but I liked Brooke too.

Try listening with the sound unmuted.

NeoBasch

[66]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 9
    I think Megan is doing just fine. Granted, her last performance left something to be desired, but during that Ford music video last week "Pocketful of Sunshine" I was like DA(M)N! I could clearly hear her throughout the video and she sounded amazing. She could really own that song. If it ever came up for selection one of these weeks, I'd suggest her to snatch it up. It's the kind of song that fits nicely into her style, but also gives America a bit more to work with.

myintermail

[67]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    NeoBasch wrote:
    I think Megan is doing just fine. Granted, her last performance left something to be desired, but during that Ford music video last week "Pocketful of Sunshine" I was like DA(M)N! I could clearly hear her throughout the video and she sounded amazing. She could really own that song. If it ever came up for selection one of these weeks, I'd suggest her to snatch it up. It's the kind of song that fits nicely into her style, but also gives America a bit more to work with.

FYI, the voices of Ford commercials and the group sings this year are obviously Auto-tuned. I don't buy her voice does have a pleasant tone naturally, despite she is different and unique.

AS for comparing her to Brooke White, Brooke was MILES better than Megan.

kikimarie593

[68]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 27
    Monarch117 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

simonfn1 wrote:

Try listening with the sound unmuted.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I understand that people don't like her, but you don't have to go out of your way just to insult her. I like her voice and you don't. Big deal. We have different opinions.

tbys1980

[69]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 15
    simonfn1 wrote:
    FYI it wasn't Gwyneth Paltrow it was Cameron Diaz.

sylent_asassin

[70]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 26
    simonfn1 wrote:

Brooke wasn't horrible. That's the difference.

simonfn1

[71]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 1

tbys1980 wrote:
    simonfn1 wrote:
    FYI it wasn't Gwyneth Paltrow it was Cameron Diaz.

OMG, OK. That's whatcha get for posting after caring for a psychopath for 12 hrs straight!! Thanks for the correction! Sorry Gwyneth and Cameron, lol

imthemediagirl

[72]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 12
    angeldeb82 wrote:

'It's the stained glass of my fairy tale,' she said of her tatoo sleeve. 'It's a castle and there's a fairy godmother--- my mom. The wizard is my brother, the prince is my son, and then the queen is me. Who knows who the next king is!'

ya know, i kinda like her even more for saying all that. im a pretty imaginative person myself. and it made a word to describe her pop into my head that hadnt struck me before... whimsical!

imthemediagirl

[73]Apr 1, 2009
    taillow22 wrote:
    Hey does anyone have any contact to Megan? I've tried YouTube and Wikipedia. I need to tell her to sing 'The Climb' or 'Hoedown Throwdown' next week, kay?

now im typically not one for bashing, and i totally stick up for kikimarie in that im a girl that votes for megan! but HONESTLY. MILEY CYRUS!?! it's a song. called hoedown throwdown. and whoever calls that legitimate "music", especially for the talented voices of american idol contests as opposed to the recording artist who cannot sing, needs to be examined.

taillow22

[74]Apr 2, 2009
    imthemediagirl wrote:
    taillow22 wrote:

now im typically not one for bashing, and i totally stick up for kikimarie in that im a girl that votes for megan! but HONESTLY. MILEY CYRUS!?! it's a song. called hoedown throwdown. and whoever calls that legitimate "music", especially for the talented voices of american idol contests as opposed to the recording artist who cannot sing, needs to be examined.

Well d@mn, i was just kidding...

heroesfan07

[75]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 21
    Megan was good and unique unlike Danny and Lil who are just boring and unoriginal.Megan should've stayed and I hope she goes on to greater things.

imthemediagirl

[76]Apr 2, 2009
    taillow22 wrote:
    imthemediagirl wrote:
    taillow22 wrote:
    Well d@mn, i was just kidding...
    hah sorry, i tend to get a little outraged over that cyrus wannabe. next time throw me one of these!
    Edited on 04/02/2009 3:15pm

ShyXena

[77]Apr 2, 2009
    I was so glad Megan was gone.

myintermail

[78]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    Not going to miss her, but she is darn memorable in her exit as it lasts.

I think she took Tatiana's advice to be as crazy as possible in your last 15 minutes of fame.

I had to give it to her to be herself and say whatever she wants, even if it is rude and not classy. She seems to give up on Idol and knows she's is not going to be saved.

Caw! Caw!

simpsonian100

[79]Apr 2, 2009
    She is easily my least favorite Season 8 finalist and possibly my least favorite of all-time! Her stage prescence is dorky and sometimes awkward looking, plus her singing sounds so forced, as if she tries so hard to make her voice sound the way it does. She took "Rockin Robbin" and made it dorkier than it already was. I thought that was impossible! Then she cheesed up Patsy Cline and followed it up with a sleazy sounding motown performance. Her final performance I didn't enjoy either, but it wasn't as bad as the previous. I loved how Simon just came out and told her he was considering saving her no matter what she did. It amazes me that Alexis got eliminated two weeks before her, when Alexis had the potential to go top 5. The cool thing is, I can at least tolerate everybody else who is left.

sylent_asassin

[80]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 26
    The only thing I'll miss are Megan's skimpy outfits and her pretty face. Her vocals were atrocious and her dancing was horrendous. Now, the competition can REALLY begin... well. When we finally get rid of Scott. To think, Alexis had more potential than half of the remaining contestants. One bad song choice coupled with a bad performance spelled her doom. It's a shame.