American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Thread For Kris Allen Vs. Adam Lambert & The Finale !!

RyanSeacrest

[1]May 19, 2009
    • level: 30
    Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ukgranny66

[2]May 19, 2009
    • level: 1
    I am an Adam Lambert fan aged 66 living in the UK. I liked all 3 finalists Danny, Adam and Kris. Wished all 3 singers could have won but this is not to be and it is down to Kris and Adam. Kris is a very good singer and can play the Guitar and Piano however he has limitations to the style of songs he can sing whereas Adam his singing ranges from Ballads to Rock. He does not always shout/scream in all his songs maybe majority of them on AI but you should watch his performance in the theatre production of the Ten Commandments with Val Kilmer .......... Is Anybody Listening? Adam Lambert on You Tube. I was totally committed to Adam after listening to him sing on this video. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH THE BOYS TONIGHT .... have set the clock for 2 am so I can read about the show LOL.

KamakaLo

[3]May 19, 2009
    • level: 22
    OMG that single was HORRIBLE!

I feel sorry for the winner.. either one that wins it.

But If I was forced to buy a version I'd choose Kris. That was not Adam at all and for once I actually hated Adam's singing. They should have let each write their own song and sing it. It would have been so much better and shown who they were as an artist.

Kris' 'Aint no Sunshine' I never get sick of hearing it.. loved it!!

Adam's 2nd song was Amazing.. but what kind of artist is he even going to be? but with all said I don't care who wins. They were both hot tonight except for that single lol

My_Dog_Misty

[4]May 19, 2009
    • level: 13
    In my own opinion, I thought Carrie singing home sweet home was the best performance of the night.

It was better than top 3 night, but no performances were the contestants best.....

angeldeb82

[5]May 19, 2009
    • level: 12
    Whoa! Adam's "Mad World" performance is like an emo dressed in a trench coat walking and standing around in the foggy darkness! Kind of suits the "Donnie Darko" scene! Love it!

yaminion

[6]May 19, 2009
    • level: 23
    i honestly think based on tonight that kris should win. i think the best performance of the night was his aint no sunshine performance. that performance rocks!

buffyangel4evr_

[7]May 19, 2009
    • level: 20

The final two, Kris and Adam, sang a personal choice from this year's competition, the creator's choice and the AI single co-written by Kara DioGuardio.

Adam-personal-Mad World. Good performance. It just didn't have that much of an impact this time around. Creator-Change Is Gonna Come. Adam really showed his range. It was soulfull and bluesy, I also felt it was his best performance of the season. AI single-No Boundaries. I completely disagreed with the judges. Yeah, it was good, but i don't know. Maybe it's just that I feel that Adam really hasn't been on his game the last few weeks.

Kris-Personal-Ain't No Sunshine. Knocked it out of the park. I don't see Kris as "sexy", but damn, this performance was SEXY. Creator-What' Goin' On. I love it when Kris strips down the song. WOW. It was emotonal and intimate. That's his s-tyle he turned the Kodak Theatre into something close and intimate. I loved it. AI single-No Boundaries. Again, I prefered Kris' perforamnce of the song. Whether or not the song had a higher key tahtn Kris is accustomed to, he sang it beautifully. I just found out that Kris is a christian missionary and this song is absolutely perfect in meaning for him.

By the way, my weekly Kara is annoying comment. Since when is the contestant's performance all about Kara? Okay, she co-wrote the AI single, but she's not the one performing it. Get over yourself Kara.

*grabs cell phone to vote for Kris*

terminoob

[8]May 19, 2009
    • level: 17
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:

The final two, Kris and Adam, sang a personal choice from this year's competition, the creator's choice and the AI single co-written by Kara DioGuardio.

Adam-personal-Mad World. Good performance. It just didn't have that much of an impact this time around. Creator-Change Is Gonna Come. Adam really showed his range. It was soulfull and bluesy, I also felt it was his best performance of the season. AI single-No Boundaries. I completely disagreed with the judges. Yeah, it was good, but i don't know. Maybe it's just that I feel that Adam really hasn't been on his game the last few weeks.

Kris-Personal-Ain't No Sunshine. Knocked it out of the park. I don't see Kris as "sexy", but damn, this performance was SEXY. Creator-What' Goin' On. I love it when Kris strips down the song. WOW. It was emotonal and intimate. That's his s-tyle he turned the Kodak Theatre into something close and intimate. I loved it. AI single-No Boundaries. Again, I prefered Kris' perforamnce of the song. Whether or not the song had a higher key tahtn Kris is accustomed to, he sang it beautifully. I just found out that Kris is a christian missionary and this song is absolutely perfect in meaning for him.

By the way, my weekly Kara is annoying comment. Since when is the contestant's performance all about Kara? Okay, she co-wrote the AI single, but she's not the one performing it. Get over yourself Kara.

*grabs cell phone to vote for Kris*

I completely agree with everything you just said, I felt Adam was terrible tonight and that Kris was amazing, maybe that's just because I'm a fan of Kris, but, I still think he was great and Adam wasn't good at all...

amaryllis88

[9]May 19, 2009
    I don't know how I feel about tonight's performances...I did enjoy the second go-around of Adam's Mad World, but I will admit I liked it better the first time around, although he totally rocked out the trench coat!

Kris did well with "What's Goin' On?" but his other performances kinda fell flat to me, same with Adam's last two songs too, but he did a better job singing that Boundary song than Kris did..so it's a toss-up.

Can't believe I saw Katie & Suri Holmes in the audience, wow, and Anthony Hopkins...and Camryn Manheim I think, anyways, it sure was a packed finale, can't wait to see tomorrow night's finale performance.

Leifman22

[10]May 19, 2009
    I R-E-A-L-L-Y can't seem to figure out what the hell people here so called "praise" kris for....
    Adam is by far the better singer and performer than kris!
    I really believe that the only thing kris does right or rather did right over the show is basically change the songs to "make them his" however, i really don't think he can sing..... he just does em differently and it seems that kids/rather naive young ppl dig him for his looks
    if kris wins this one i really gotta go on and say that idol is dead and im sure simon won't be returning for the next season either...
    GO ADAM!

all4dogs

[11]May 19, 2009
    • level: 6

Round 1: Adam's "Mad World" was perfect; however, Kris blew me away with "Ain't No Sunshine".

Round 2: Adam blew me away with "Change Is Gonna Come." Kris' "What's Goin' On" was good, but not as good as Adam.

Round 3: "No Boundries" was an interesting performance by the 2 of them. It was like they were forced to sing it without changing it up much. And, I didn't care much for the song. However, Adam definitely beat Kris. Kris had difficulty staying on pitch.

Round 1 goes to Kris
    Round 2 goes to Adam
    Round 3 goes to Adam
    My vote goes to Adam

buffyangel4evr_

[12]May 19, 2009

Leifman22 wrote:
    I R-E-A-L-L-Y can't seem to figure out what the hell people here so called "praise" kris for.... Adam is by far the better singer and performer than kris! I really believe that the only thing kris does right or rather did right over the show is basically change the songs to "make them his" however, i really don't think he can sing..... he just does em differently and it seems that kids/rather naive young ppl dig him for his looks if kris wins this one i really gotta go on and say that idol is dead and im sure simon won't be returning for the next season either... GO ADAM!

I'm neither a young kid or naive and I like Kris. I happen to like his s-tyle of performing and singing. I do like Adam, but for some reason, he's just getting repetitive to me. That's my issue with him. Tonight, I was liking Kris more.

loveindubitably

[13]May 19, 2009
    • level: 9
    Did anyone feel...underwhelmed by tonight's show?
    The only performance that stood out to me was "Ain't No Sunshine"--I actually thought Kris' performance was even better tonight than the first time around.

Otherwise, I felt tepid about all other five performances. "Mad World" fell surprisingly flat to me since the first performance was probably one of my top three favorites all season. "What's Going On" and "Change Is Gonna Come" were both a blur to me...both a little dull that I can't recall anything special about either. Maybe I hyped it up the finale too much in my mind but I feel like if I were seeing these performances a few weeks back, neither contestant would get my vote. Then again, I do have to acknowledge that terrible song both were saddled with by Kara. My confidence would probably be shaken too if my last song on the Idol stage had to be about climbing mountains and enduring hurricanes and whatnot.

Overall, my vote still goes to Kris. If Adam wins, which I expect him to, I'll be happy too.

SludgeVohaul

[14]May 19, 2009
    • level: 7
    Having differing opinions is what makes shows like American Idol work I guess. So many people are saying that they liked Kris's "Ain't No Sunshine" but for me it was just extremely well sung karaoke. I do think Kris has a good voice, but none of his performances ever "move" me.

Adam's second song was easily the best performance by far of the night. What an incredible performance of a Sam Cook song. Simon said it best when he said American Idol is to find an international star. I think when or lose Adam is going to be just that. Any album Adam ever makes will sell way more copies that Kris Allen ever will.

What really ruined what could have been such a great duel of songs? That ridiculous song that Kara Diagardi helped right was so corny and stupid. Who is ever going to buy that single regardless of the winner? American Idol needs to do better than that. What a way to short change the fans.

buffyangel4evr_

[15]May 19, 2009

SludgeVohaul wrote:
    What really ruined what could have been such a great duel of songs? That ridiculous song that Kara Diagardi helped right was so corny and stupid. Who is ever going to buy that single regardless of the winner? American Idol needs to do better than that. What a way to short change the fans.

All the AI winner songs are corny.

kikimarie593

[16]May 19, 2009
    • level: 27
    I don't have much to say about tonight, except that I voted for Kris as many times as I could. I hope he wins.

stellarchick86

[17]May 19, 2009
    • level: 32

Cant we please be civilized and not bash the contestants or the fans and just say whoever wins then wins? Jeez. I like Kris more than Adam but Im not going to sit here and bash him or the fans who vote for him.

I thought they both did great. I think the 2nd round went to Adam because even though Kris did good with 'Whats Goin On' I was like eh..The 1st and 3rd rounds went to Kris though, which is why hes my fave of the night (plus because I think he thinks Adams going to win and Ive always had a thing for the underdog. Its so annoying how all the contestants, including Kris, have to show their artistry yet they always admit that they have no idea what type of artist Adam would be :roll. I did like Adams 'Mad World' but just not as much as Kris' 'Aint No Sunshine'. Its just beautiful. With the 3rd, stupid song Kara made up, I have to give it to Kris too. It just seems like a song that fits his voice more, there were a few parts I wasnt too thrilled with Adam about.

So, all in all, I dont mind if either wins, but I hope its Kris because of tonight and every other night that Kris has sung. I still think even if Kris wins Adam will get a record deal out of it anyway so whatever. And last year I predicted Archie would win, and it was Cook, and this year it seems Adam will win, so maybe Kris has a shot

KamakaLo

[18]May 19, 2009
    • level: 22
    Big fan of both Adam and Kris but who knows who will sell more records ? I do know what to expect from Kris Allen though. What is to come from Adam? if its garbage like Kara's song then he's in trouble. Kris at least made it work for his voice/style imo the best he could and that is why he won tonight imo Adam on the other hand was horrible and it wasn't him at all... no wonder Simon had no opinion.

goodridd

[19]May 19, 2009
    • level: 17
    Adam wiped the floor with Kris tonight IMO.

Leifman22

[20]May 19, 2009
    goodridd wrote:
    Adam wiped the floor with Kris tonight IMO.

Yes sir.
    tho not just only tonight... its rather a regular thing