TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Thread For Kris Allen Vs. Adam Lambert & The Finale !!

simpsonian100

[61]May 20, 2009
    • level: 12
    I have almost lost complete faith in this show! It makes absolutely no sense that Kris Allen could win. He didn't even deserve to be in the finale, let alone win. I can think of some possibilities of why Kris Allen could win, but it couldn't be because he's better. I'm thinking Danny fans voted for Kris because it seems to be that a lot of Danny fans don't like Adam. That doesn't make sense to me, though, because both of them have powerful voices, while Kris is just kind of mellow. I'm also thinking Middle America voted for Kris, because he has that "boy next door" image while Adam is the city man who people don't want living next door because his parties would make too much noise. Also, I think some homophobics out there may have voted for Kris based on Adam's sexuality. I've never heard Adam come out and say it, but the evidence is overwhelming. I voted for him, so I'm obviously not bashing Adam, but Kris winning? That's got to be the biggest upset in Idol finale history! This is even bigger than Ruben beating Clay! I'll admit, I started getting a little sick of Adam's performances, when he did his standard scream, especially in rock songs. I actually prefer his everything but rock side of him with his pretty build-up melodies. It's not like I hate Kris, but this makes no sense to me!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

My_Dog_Misty

[62]May 20, 2009
    • level: 13
    ^^I definitely think Kris won b/c he got Danny's votes.

Leifman22

[63]May 20, 2009
    • level: 1
    simpsonian100 wrote:
    I have almost lost complete faith in this show! It makes absolutely no sense that Kris Allen could win. He didn't even deserve to be in the finale, let alone win. I can think of some possibilities of why Kris Allen could win, but it couldn't be because he's better. I'm thinking Danny fans voted for Kris because it seems to be that a lot of Danny fans don't like Adam. That doesn't make sense to me, though, because both of them have powerful voices, while Kris is just kind of mellow. I'm also thinking Middle America voted for Kris, because he has that "boy next door" image while Adam is the city man who people don't want living next door because his parties would make too much noise. Also, I think some homophobics out there may have voted for Kris based on Adam's sexuality. I've never heard Adam come out and say it, but the evidence is overwhelming. I voted for him, so I'm obviously not bashing Adam, but Kris winning? That's got to be the biggest upset in Idol finale history! This is even bigger than Ruben beating Clay! I'll admit, I started getting a little sick of Adam's performances, when he did his standard scream, especially in rock songs. I actually prefer his everything but rock side of him with his pretty build-up melodies. It's not like I hate Kris, but this makes no sense to me!

agreed.
    and ill add to that, that the only thing i can't wait to now is that both of em make cd's and the critics actually give kris what he deserves "a bashing/mediocre ratings" and adam sells triple platinums in record time + become the biggest idol since kelly clarkson and carrie underwood

loveindubitably

[64]May 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    Ah, don't be sore losers, guys, no use in speculating why Adam lost or Kris won, we'll never really know. They both deserved to win but I'm personally glad Kris did. They're both gonna do great, I'm sure--definitely one of the best finales EVER. Kris hugging his wife was so sweet--I couldn't stop smiling even as he had to repeat that terrible "No Boundaries" song.

angeldeb82

[65]May 20, 2009
    • level: 12
    Wow. I couldn't believe that "Krissy Kermit" actually won tonight. How excited am I?

kal915

[66]May 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    Am I glad that Adam didn't win!! He was the best of the two, but I just hate his personality, and Kris would be a much better person to hang out with

SludgeVohaul

[67]May 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    The one good thing about Kris and Adam is that they were both really good guys when it comes down to it. I'm always one to root for the underdog and that's why even though I'm an Adam fan, I can still feel happy for Kris.

When it comes down to it though, people only enter American Idol because they want to score a record deal. There is no doubt at all that some record company is going to snatch Adam Lambert right up. Kris can sing the worst all-time AI song on his album while Adam will create his own song. I really can't see Kris's albums selling that well. Adam's on the other hand will really sell well.

DILLIGAF7

[68]May 20, 2009
    • level: 4
    Agreed. No use bashing each of them about it. Kris won, end of story.
    They will both make C.Ds anyways!
    Yay for Kris!

all4dogs

[69]May 20, 2009
    • level: 6

Tonight was a close call. It really could have gone either way. I've been a big Adam supporter since day 1. However, I'm very happy for Kris. He's an extremely talented guy who deserved to win. I figured he would win when he was paired up w/Keith Urban, whilst Adam got stuck w/Kiss. Keith & Kris were a dynamic duo.

The finale was awesome. Kudos to all of the performances and people behind the scenes. What an entertaining night!

David Cook was excellent. (I want the single!) The Queen Latifah/Lil Rounds song was terrific. And, Cindy Lauper & Allison delivered an absolutely beautiful performance of "Time After Time."

Wow...Kara can really sing! Bikini Girl was absolutely dreadful. Did BG had a boob job since her last appearance?

I thought Megan & Michael did a great job w/the Steve Martin song.

What a great season of American Idol! And, to all of you forum posters out there: I've really enjoyed reading your comments..the good, the bad, & the ugly. Have a great Summer & Autum. See ya next year

Maxximus_Prime

[70]May 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    I don't know why this comes as such a shock to many of you. All of Danny's votes had to go somewhere. Additionally, where do you think the majority of the votes came from? Most older people don't vote. Overall, I think Adam SHOULD have won and HOLY CRAP!! Bikini Girl just walked onto the stage. (I'm wathing the DVR replay) Did she spend all of her time in a tanning alcove? She's more orange than a California poppy... and now Kara is showing her up. Ha ha! Oooh! Kara in a bikini! Yummy!

Anyway, about Adam, anyone with two ears and a brain powered by a hamster on a wheel knows that Adam outperformed Kris. This was a case of popularity, pure and simple. I'm not upset at the outcome though. Both Adam and Kris will go on to record albums so neither of them will be starving or hurting for money. I'm actually glad for both of them.

Regarding the show, it was very entertaining aside from that talentless drag queen getting an award for rolling on the floor and stroking the AI logo. To think that nut was chosen over Jamar. The thought sickens me.

All of the celebritiy guest spots were cool. Black Eyed Peas were cool and Fergie looked good even though I think she's a butter face. Cindy Lauper was okay and Lionel Richie was great! "We're going to Party, Karamu, Fiesta forever... come on and sing along..." Finally, I have to say that Megan was terrible when the girls sang "Glamorous." She looked pretty as usual but when she opened her mouth, Hell was revealed.

KamakaLo

[71]May 21, 2009
    • level: 22

^ Yeah, I think that's why Simon/Randy were looking at BG like they were cause she had a boob job LOL and I actually like Kara now and who knew she could sing so well.

And there were a lot of songs tonight that I really liked...

Queen Latifah's song - I really liked that song and Lil was so good tonight. I thought she sang better tonight with Queen Latifah then on the show.

David Cook- that was a really good song and makes me want to buy it. good peformance too. Poor Guy, It has to be hard on him since he just lost his brother.

Keith Urban - I know him and think he's a good country singer but to actually listen much or buy I don't. I'm just not a big fan of country but after listening to him and Kris, I actually want to buy the song.

Matt G. was really good with the few minutes he got solo w/ Santana.

Why didn't Adam sing more of Queen's song on Idol? Wow...He was awesome singing that! but I still don't know what kind of artist he'll be.

I mean with Kris, he could go either way when you think about it. He could sing pop,country,singer songwriter thing , little bit of all of that stuff... I know some think Kris will be a big flop but I believe he'll be the male Carrie Underwood...if given the right stuff or is allowed to write his own music.

Edited on 05/20/2009 11:17pm

krreed1228

[72]May 21, 2009
    • level: 2
    ^ I totally agree. I do not know what type of album Adam would make. He sings Kiss and Queen songs great, but those songs are no longer on the radio. Kris on the other hand is versatile and can sing pretty much anything. He improved so much and I just feel that Adam felt like he had it in the bag and got cocky. I agree that he has sounded the same the past few weeks. They are both incredibly talented and soooo different at the same time. Adam is very theatrical and that is the place he thrives. He needs to go to Broadway. He is not mainstream enough. I think he can sing very well but I do not think I could listen to an entire album of the squealing. Its ok for a song or two, but not an ENTIRE album. Kris on the other hand has a soothing, calm voice and I think that is more of what people listen to in this day and age. They will both do great, but just in completely different areas.

stellarchick86

[73]May 21, 2009
    • level: 32
    ^^I totally agree with the person above me. Its like get over it guys, Kris won. It was just like last year when it was a close call, no Archie fans were freaking out because Cook won. They will both make records, so who really cares if they win?? I HATED when Fantasia won with a passion, but I wasnt going to sit there and dog the people who voted for her. I like that Kris won, he had a really good voice, and I would buy his cd as long as I liked the songs enough. Adams voice is okay once in a while for a performance but I couldnt listen to a cd straight of him singing. Just like I couldnt sit down and listen to a whole Guns N Roses album, just in small doses.

Anyway, the finale was great. Im really surprised that Kiss and Queen showed up, but they were awesome and the highlights of the night. I was like why the heck is Adam wearing wings on his back? Then I realized it was a Kiss song and I was like oh ok lol. I kinda like that BEP song but they are not that good live, especially Fergie (and why in the world did she die her hair that dark? Die it back!). Jason Mraz, Keith Urban, Cyndi Lauper, Santana, Rod Stewart are good artists and I like their stuff but their performances were nothing special I feel I need to say much on (though was RS drunk or somethin?!) Steve Martin- I swear there were times when Megan was singing I saw him looking over like "omg..THIS is who they have singing my song?!" lol. Lil Rounds/QL was awesome, I dont know why she didnt sing like that during the competition but whatever, but QL should NOT have worn that outfit! Dear Lord. And the whole bikini girl thing was hilarious, Im glad Kara had a sense of humor about that, and who knew she could sing like that?! I was just waiting for MC to come out and show them how its really done! But I guess not. But I agree with someone above me who said did she just spend the last 6 months in a tanning bed or somethin?! Tatianna..annoying as usual, Norman Gentle, I saw that coming from a mile away (I was like who wears sweats at a big show like that!?)...I guess thats really all I have to say on that. I just noticed Scott is like the only one in the top 13 (besides Jasmine and Jorge, but I dont think anyone really cares about them lol) who didnt get to sing with an artist...lol.

bonjovichick

[74]May 21, 2009
    • level: 16

David Cook continues to be my favorite idol ever! I loved that song when I first heard it on his album. To have him sing it live so soon after losing his brother that he wrote it for was so touching.

Man are people really full of themseleves out here to bash Kris. I wanted him to win but would of totally been ok if Adam won. They both are talented. To me Adam came on strong and showed is voice and then seemed to go way downhill. I am not sure if he rested on his laurels so to speak or what. I think people get so wrapped up in wanting to blame people for not voting for Adam because he is gay or over the top or only voted for Kris because he was cute. Kris has a good voice and so did Adam. What Kris did was continue to do his best to show it and Adam just started to have some really lousy performances. He absolutely destroyed some rock songs with his take on them which he didn't have to do. He has a good voice and why he made some of those choices I don't know. If the show had been decided mid way I would of said Adam should of won but as time went on Kris was just better than he was in his choices and performances.

If I gave up over lousy winners than I would of been done early on. I have only agreed with 4 winners....Kelly, Carrie, David Cook and now Kris. This year at least by the time they got to the final three all of them could sing. There have been way too many finales where neither of the finally people were all that good.

To the people who say there have never been good AI songs... I have to disagree. I still have Time of my Life and Dream Big by David Cook on my Ipod from last year and I love them!

Skittles2008

[75]May 21, 2009
    • level: 9
    yay!!!!!!I am so glad kris won!!!!!!!! He so deserved it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!!!! so was my sis!!!!!!!!!!! go kris!!!!1

tartanrocker

[76]May 21, 2009
    • level: 1

.......Stunned, but not surprised that Kris won....America's taste in music is so often waaaaay out there in Boringville, and this was proved yet again on the final show.......Adam was the one and only reason I ever watched this show, and that is now over.....he was incredibly talented, fabulous to watch, handsome as hell, had talent oozing from every pore of his being, and he SHOULD have won.... I am absolutely disgusted that this seems to be a reflection of people's views on how someone's lifestyle is lived....are you kidding me?!?!?.....all the gay crap is sooooo old, people, and ya just gotta get over yourselves!!!!!......so much of Hollywood exists because of of gay people, and you know what?.....it's NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS who anyone (except yourself, of course) sleeps with or not....

.....so ask yourself this......what would you rather see more of in this world, love or hate?.....uh-huh, right.....and I'll bet in every single "religion" (read : set of rules "from God" interpreted by a person in the past, and coloured by their experiences) purports to love one another...well, ya know what?.....YOU DON'T!!!!....seems it's conditional, and that makes you a bunch of hypocritical sods......talk about passive/aggressive!!!!.... if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem...

.....how you could discount what a gentle, sweet spirit Adam is, is beyond me.... always smiling, gracious, and ALWAYS thanked the band, which I rarely, if ever, saw any of the others do....you all KNOW he should have won, but you judged him on the wrong thing....um, isn't that supposedly up to the big ole Judge in the sky, according to many of you?!?!?!?......

.......and the look on Simon's face during the big fanfare said it all....America got it totally wrong, and this injustice could be the dealbreaker for him whether he comes back to AI next year or not, and I'm betting not......but he will take Adam with him, and make him into an international superstar, mark my words....failing that, Gene Simmons of Kiss has met Adam, and that man knows a gazillion dollar deal when he sees one, so Adam will be just fine.....plus the fact that Adam won't have to put that insipid piece of forgettable "music", AKA the Idol song of 2009, on his CD......ROFL!!!!.....so I guess all you bible thumpers are into insipid......yeah, whatever, you can have it, and your homegrown boy will stay stateside, cos he just doesn't have that quality to make it internationally...

...and so, Adam, I am 52 years old, and I can't wait to get your CD....I just know it will be exciting, groundbreaking, dynamic and daring......could I apply any of these words to Kris?......not in a million years.......he will stay "a little bit country", but hey, my taste was always "a little bit rock'n'roll"......I have adopted you as one of my sons, I am sooo proud of you, and I love to you the sky, where you will shine brightly for many years to come

alirk

[77]May 21, 2009
    • level: 22
    Just one question: Does anyone remember Adam's version of "Ring of Fire?" That alone is enough reason for Adam to NOT win...

ebony_kunoichi

[78]May 21, 2009
    • level: 13
    bonjovichick wrote:

David Cook continues to be my favorite idol ever! I loved that song when I first heard it on his album. To have him sing it live so soon after losing his brother that he wrote it for was so touching.

Man are people really full of themseleves out here to bash Kris. I wanted him to win but would of totally been ok if Adam won. They both are talented. To me Adam came on strong and showed is voice and then seemed to go way downhill. I am not sure if he rested on his laurels so to speak or what. I think people get so wrapped up in wanting to blame people for not voting for Adam because he is gay or over the top or only voted for Kris because he was cute. Kris has a good voice and so did Adam. What Kris did was continue to do his best to show it and Adam just started to have some really lousy performances. He absolutely destroyed some rock songs with his take on them which he didn't have to do. He has a good voice and why he made some of those choices I don't know. If the show had been decided mid way I would of said Adam should of won but as time went on Kris was just better than he was in his choices and performances.

If I gave up over lousy winners than I would of been done early on. I have only agreed with 4 winners....Kelly, Carrie, David Cook and now Kris. This year at least by the time they got to the final three all of them could sing. There have been way too many finales where neither of the finally people were all that good.

To the people who say there have never been good AI songs... I have to disagree. I still have Time of my Life and Dream Big by David Cook on my Ipod from last year and I love them!

IM BAAAACK! OMG Krissy Kermit FTW!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kris is a boring as a cup of tea without the sugar, but since Allison was voted off I had no interest until the finale.

This has to be the most shocking news in a really long time. I just knew Adam was gonna be the winner. So I stopped watching. Bon Jovi Chick you ROCK! I totally agree. I loved David Cook's performance even thought I was once again checking out his super cute band mates. The kara song is some cheesy, sappy, boring a** song that even my dog wouldnt sing!

I watch Adams rock performances and he reallly, really butchered some classics. I also think Adam got kinda full of himself and kinda rested a bit cause he knew he had this contest wrapped up. Kris really surprised me by stepping it up. Here are the reason why Madam Lambert lost.

1. Danny Fundie vote went to Kris: Yeah lets face it, the church vote went to good ole boy Kris.

2. Adam voters sat back: Most people thought Adam had this so some didnt vote.

3. Adams lifestyle: I dont care what people say. The whole gay thing turned a segment of the Haus Fraus off of Adam.

4. Everyone loves the underdog: After weeks and weeks of the judges and the media telling us how great Adam is and how Kris was a nobody. Some of use wanted the little guy to win.

5. Adam kinda got cocky: The last few performances by Adam were terrible. The U2 song was a nightmare. I wanted to cry, seriously. It was over indulgent. Was it just me or did all her performances start to get old? I hated the screeching, but after a while it just wasnt innovative or even annoying, just blah!

Adam will have an album out for sure and there will be various outlets that will be dying to work with him, so Adam fans don't feel bad. I am still very, very skeptical that Adam will sell or have great radio play. I am willing to admit if I am wrong about this, but me thinks that Adams career won't be a big or popular outside of the AI fan base. He will have a good run the first album, but I can't wait to see what kind album he will come out with.

kikimarie593

[79]May 21, 2009
    • level: 27
    Yay! I'm so happy that Kris won! Congrats to him!

Glenn11523

[80]May 21, 2009
    • level: 18

Adam was total class in the face of the loss. Kris was clearly stunned and seemed to agree with me that he did not deserve the win.

It's not that Kris isn't talented, he is. He is a real musician who can not only sing, but play (piano and guitar at least) and he will no doubt have some very good songs and albums in the years to come.

The simple fact (if you watched the season closely, or care to go back and do so) is that Adam delivered week after week. Adam's vocal agility, range, tone and style are nothing short of amazing.

The true and simple fact is that when Danny Gokey was eliminated, his disgruntled fans needed a new horse to back. The similarities in personal history and background between Danny and Kris made the choice beyond obvious for this segment of society.

The other true and simple fact is that Adam will be a truly iconic superstar and his loss on American Idol will be nothing more than a quirky footnote.

I also firmly believe that while he will make a living in the business, Kris will never be a superstar and his Idol win may well be as good as it gets as far as commercial fame goes.

Adam will sell out stadiums, Kris may fill a concert hall or two.

The difference is beyond clear.

Finally, I say again, Adam Lambert has shown himself to be a truly dignified and classy man in the way he has handled the loss.