American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 10 Girls, Top 10 Guys Perform, & Results Show!!

RyanSeacrest

[1]Mar 2, 2010
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 3 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

taillow22

[2]Mar 2, 2010
    • level: 11

Guys are performing tonight, Crystal Bowersox is in the hosptial Hope she gets better soon, she rocks!

angeldeb82

[3]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 12
    The top 10 men rise up to the challenge in a last-minute schedule change.

Rolling With the Punches

ebony_kunoichi

[4]Mar 3, 2010
    • level: 13

the men were a little better, but that aint saying much. just bored.

taillow22

[5]Mar 3, 2010

Continuing my rankings of favorite-to-least-favorite from last week...

1. Lee DeWyze - I didn't enjoy it as much as last week, but he's still at the top for me. I also think it's great how the producers gave him the pimp slot! (According to Dial Idol, Lee got the most amount of votes by far too. Didn't it say the same thing when Andrew and Katie got the pimp slot last week??)

2. Alex Lambert - I know what you're thinking. "Taillow you're so biased because now he's your pick in the pool!" Well, I actually really liked him this week! It was no vocal revoultion, but it was thousands of oodles better than last week. Plus his voice is awesome.

3. Casey James - His box interview kind of weirded me out, but in the end it paid off. I don't recall ever seeing an eletric guitar on Idol, so props to him!

4. Aaron Kelly - This is his second solid performance in a row, and I'm beginning to think he could be a dark horse. His voice is just a little too shaky, but I agree with Kara, he's only going to get better.

5. Andrew Garcia - I think he's cracking under the pressure of being an early front runner, because he's just not bringing it so far :/ Good choice dropping the guitar, though, because again would have been boring.

6. Big Mike - It was decent. Why did the judges love it? Halfway through the performance I found myself vaguely annoyed.

Who do I think is in danger this week?

7. Todrick Hall - I liked that he toned it down from last week, but I still can't stand him.

8. Tim Urban - Hey, this week was just a small train wreck, not the huge one I was expecting. Still a train wreck, though.

9. John Park - Poor Shania.

10. Jermaine Sellers - ...

PS. Dial Idol predicts the last two will be voted off.

Edited on 03/03/2010 11:54am

haldrey

[6]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 22
    Just one word for both guys and girls episodes - blah! Up to now this year crop of contestants are totally flat making it very difficult to vote. I hope to see a marked improvement after reaching the final twelve.

angeldeb82

[7]Mar 4, 2010
    Crystal Bowersox returns from the hospital and comes out strong.

Crystal Clear Favorite

taillow22

[8]Mar 4, 2010

Since everyone cares what I think...

1. Siobhan Magnus - This performance made me happy The high note is one of the high lights of the entire season IMO. One complaint though - she went from being a dark horse to a front runner

2. Katelyn Epperly - The judges must be pretty upset that their piece of cannon fodder is doing a hundred times better than they ever expected >: )

3. Crystal Bowersox - Thank goodness she got better I liked the performance, but I'm not sure why it's receiving as much hype as it is. Yes it was good, but I forget most of it, and I just relistened to it 5 minutes ago :O

4. Lilly Scott - I liked it, and Lilly is awesome... not really anything else to say.

5. The Chosen One - I liked Megan's version last season better, but this one was still ight. Am I delusional for calling her the chosen one, even though the judges always criticize her? Does anyone else think she's the chosen one?

6. Paige Miles - I think she's good but no one else seems to like her!

And any of these fine ladies may be in danger...

7. Michelle Delamor - Don't get me wrong, I like her! But she's not been doing so well in the polls, or Dial Idol. If it was up to me, she would get through at least to next week.

8. Didi Benami - AAH! I don't like putting my own pool pick down this low, but that was probably Didi's weakest performance to date :S I hope she's going to be safe, because come on, she deserves another chance. But I have a really bad hunch...

9. Haeley Vaughn - I like her as a person. I don't like her as a singer.

10. Lacey Brown - Shun her!

Edited on 03/04/2010 12:22pm

TreeHill_89

[9]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 32
    taillow22 wrote:

Since everyone cares what I think...

1. Siobhan Magnus - This performance made me happy The high note is one of the high lights of the entire season IMO. One complaint though - she went from being a dark horse to a front runner

2. Katelyn Epperly - The judges must be pretty upset that their piece of cannon fodder is doing a hundred times better than they ever expected >: )

3. Crystal Bowersox - Thank goodness she got better I liked the performance, but I'm not sure why it's receiving as much hype as it is. Yes it was good, but I forget most of it, and I just relistened to it 5 minutes ago :O

4. Lilly Scott - I liked it, and Lilly is awesome... not really anything else to say.

5. The Chosen One - I liked Megan's version last season better, but this one was still ight. Am I delusional for calling her the chosen one, even though the judges always criticize her? Does anyone else think she's the chosen one?

6. Paige Miles - I think she's good but no one else seems to like her!

And any of these fine ladies may be in danger...

7. Michelle Delamor - Don't get me wrong, I like her! But she's not been doing so well in the polls, or Dial Idol. If it was up to me, she would get through at least to next week.

8. Didi Benami - AAH! I don't like putting my own pool pick down this low, but that was probably Didi's weakest performance to date :S I hope she's going to be safe, because come on, she deserves another chance. But I have a really bad hunch...

9. Haeley Vaughn - I like her as a person. I don't like her as a singer.

10. Lacey Brown - Shun her!

I hope your hunch about Didi is wrong, I really like her voice and even though it wasn't her week, there are couple of other girls that should go before her. I also love Lee and Casey. I wouldn't be suprised if John Park goes but you never know.

Voo_Bopo

[10]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 9
    With the utmost respect, I must say that the right people were eliminated.

angeldeb82

[11]Mar 4, 2010
    Four more people eliminated: John Park, Jermaine Sellers, Michelle Delamour, and Haeley Vaughn.

Mr_Ozzy

[12]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 35

What's with the lip-synching/miming on the group performance this week (and last week)?
    I'm hoping that only continues till it's down to the top 12, maybe it's too hard to get right with so many people involved...
    I've only been watching the show the last few years, but I don't recall them ever doing that before?

angeldeb82

[13]Mar 5, 2010
    Here's a recap: Sweet 16

taillow22

[14]Mar 5, 2010

Three good eliminations. I would have kept Michelle, but when it was down to her and Didi, there was no way. I hope Didi redeems herself next week :3

swtt

[15]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 18
    I was so upset when Haley left because she was my favorite. I loved her as a person. She was so sweet, beautiful, kind and always had a smile on her face. I feel America needs more of her character because I see her differently than I've seen other people on there before. Also I thought she could sing well to. Her voice is still maturing and will get better as she gets older. I liked her the best out of all-character and voice wise. Miss you Haley.....

Aussieh

[16]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 5
    within 2.1 seconds i noticed the groupperformance was pure lipsync

mksystem74

[17]Mar 6, 2010

Aussieh wrote:

What do you expect? This season is horrible with only a few bright spots. They can save many weeks of this crap and eliminate about 10 people who are left. So yeah, they pre recorded it, made it sound as could as possible and there you go.

TreeHill_89

[18]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 32
    I'm so happy that Didi stayed I think that Lacey should of gone instead of Michelle.

Voo_Bopo

[19]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 9
    After watching that episode, I was reminded of how good a singer Danny Gokey is, and really noticed how much this season is lacking, singing wise.

Aussieh

[20]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 5
    mksystem74 wrote:

Aussieh wrote:

What do you expect? This season is horrible with only a few bright spots. They can save many weeks of this crap and eliminate about 10 people who are left. So yeah, they pre recorded it, made it sound as could as possible and there you go.

I was probably the first on on this forum who said how horrible the groupperformances were.. and a season later they changed it to lipsync performances. having 10+ people sing in sync is extremly hard.

Still they can do a better job at hiding it. At the moment I think all the mics are completly turned off. The boy or girl who sings should have their mic turned on so that you actually do hear its him really singing.
    the prerecorded song would fit perfectly as background.