American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 10 Perform & The Results Show

buffyangel4evr_

[41]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 20

Ok, I took my mom to see Smuckers Stars On Ice, so I missed the whole show. WOW, Matt in the bottom three?!? That's just wrong in so many ways. He was last night, my second fav performance behind Adam. Scott being in the bottom three really isn't much of a shocker. Maybe this will be a wake up call and he'll start to take more chances and step out of his comfort zone. Megan Joy should have definitely been in the bottom three. I used to like her, still kind of do, but she's been weak and "shouty" lately. Michael, I predicted that last night. He's a very likable guy, but definately not this year's American Idol. If anyone knows, what's next week's theme?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

myintermail

[42]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    Matt G should not been in the bottom 3. Megan is going to be around for a while. Nightmares ensured.

Michael Sarver, Bye! Nice guy and all, but not a singer. Though I think the judges should cut it with the "save" drama, WTF is with the "we're still deciding" thing? We ALL know he would not have saved because Simon already said he had not shot of winning. No point wasting the judges' power to him.

Butterflyagirl

[43]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 8
    I'm not a Matt fan but I agree that he didn't deserve to be in the bottom three. Megan should have been, despite the fact that I really like her.

At least the voters got it right, I'm glad Michael was sent home.

joshjr

[44]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    Next week said it was Ipod top 100. I would of been so mad if Matt had got cut. He has been great the last 3 weeks. So far I like him better then anyone else. Adam is very good to though. Not on the Danny bandwagon though. I feel he thinks he is better then he really is. Hope it dont cost him in the end.

fr95

[45]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 3
    Not sad about Michael leaving, but I AM sad that Matt didn't get more votes. It just goes to show that people need to vote every week! http://tvmoviesmusiclife.blogspot.com/

ebony_kunoichi

[46]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 13

Holy crucifix batman! what a shocker!

Well the night started out with the overly lip synced beginning number. It was so boring I skipped most of it, but it was funny to see scott on stage bouncing around. I was waiting for a trip or something, but nope. Then here comes Rueben Studdard. WOW! He looked like he was wearing his PJ's or my momms curtains. I thought he had lost weight at one time? Guess not! He was so big his bottom button on his jacket was undone. Rueben was sweating like a hooker in church too. He looked like Kelly Clarkson: Hot, fat and uncomfortable. His song was a snoozer, but Rueben seems like a nice guy.

Joss and Smokey worked it. My girl Joss was looking so purdy last night and she can sing her butt off. I was so shocked that my hometown ace boon coon was in the bottom three, Matt. His performace was NOT worthy of being in the bottom three at all, but he did perform first so maybe people forgot to vote. Michael and Scott were the other two bottom feeders. I am so mad that Megan did not make the bottom. She is turning out to be the Sanjaya of this season. Well Oil Rig doofus was voted out, so I am kinda pleased.

FCBarca

[47]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 15

Well, they got 2 out of 3 correct for the bottom but Matt instead of Megan???...Strange results...This a week after Allison was in the bottom 3 too. Megan like many attractive female performers before her is now riding her looks, apparently...Shame.

Stranger still, did anyone else notice that Megan seemed to communicating with someone in the audience during the elimination rounds last night?...She was routinely looking away from the camera and mouthing something to someone else offstage...Kept having some unusual facial expressions with the same people offstage too...It was definitely odd, IMHO...She seemed resigned to ending up in the bottom 3 and seemed genuinely surprised when Scott went there and not her.

In contrast, it was pretty clear that Matt was really distraught over ending up in the bottom 3...He appeared visibly shaken and can't say I blame him...Strange.

One other thing I noticed from the night was that the group singing segment in the early part of the show looked both taped in advance AND lip synched...Anyone else notice this?...I noticed that at no point during the singing did we ever see the audience in any of the shots...Plus, they had clearly edited some of it to add for the broadcast...Not sure why this was necessary, perhaps because Scott wasn't behind a piano or on a couch?...It definitely looked like lip synching to me which was pretty disappointing.

ebony_kunoichi

[48]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 13
    where you been? if you go back and look at all the opening performances they are fake. Megan's voice sounded waaaay too good and crisp. I didnt notice the audience thing. I will recheck online, but yeah I remember the days when they didnt lip sync the opening acts.

FCBarca

[49]Mar 27, 2009

ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    where you been? if you go back and look at all the opening performances they are fake. Megan's voice sounded waaaay too good and crisp. I didnt notice the audience thing. I will recheck online, but yeah I remember the days when they didnt lip sync the opening acts.

You know, if it's been going on I guess I'm guilty of fast forwarding through those sequences Love DVR!

So if they are indeed lip synching the only thing they're really learning is the 'dance' routine/choreography....They must feel like tools up there

abbymiv

[50]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 4
    simpsonian100 wrote:
    I have absolutely had it with Megan Joy! She needs to get eliminated soon before she costs someone good enough to win to go home, like she did for Alexis. Her performances are awkward with those terrible stage movements and her voice is terrible! I don't think anybody is a fan of her besides votefortheworst.com, but I may be wrong. I would rather have Sanjaya back than listen to another second of Megan Joy!

more than agree!!!!!
    Megan needs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    she has just became really really annoying!

angeldeb82

[51]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 12
    BTW, I like the part last Wednesday at the time of Scott's performance when Ryan came in and asked what the judges were hiding. So Paula and Simon took out a Crayola 64-crayon box set along with coloring books, which she thought would insult a 6-year-old, which might have been why Scott was wearing pink pants during the performance! LOL

SludgeVohaul

[52]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 7
    I'm not a Matt fan, but I still thought he would go far in the competition because I thought everyone else liked him, but obviously not. Everyone's saying he shouldn't of been in the bottom three, but did anyone really like his performance last week? I was watching with my sister and we were both like he's singing "Let's get it on" but look what he's wearing. No one would want to get it on when he was dressed so ridiculously. Jeans with a vest and tie? He looked so unattractive. And I'm not saying Megan's dress wasn't weird too and that her rendition of her song wasn't horrible, but no matter what the judges say, the large majority of the American Idol voters must've been turned off by Matt's performance, not turned on. Let's get him off!

amaryllis88

[53]Mar 27, 2009
    What a performance! Joss' voice seemed a bit like what Megan's could sound like if she could harness her vocal cords a bit more, and not repeat the dying cat routine she had going on Wed. night. What a duet! I usually don't notice pre-recorded things, but last night's medley was very obvious that it was pre-recorded...basically because one moment they were all sitting on the couches, and then Ryan said, "Let's look at this week's group performance," and then all of a sudden they weren't on the couch anymore.

You could so tell that Almond Joy (Megan) was SHOCKED that she didn't end up in the bottom 3. Also, when Stevie was performing, somebody needs to tell the potential Idols not to sway/move their mouths and pretend they're singing along to the performer's music, it looks way ODD, and just not right, not to me anyway. They looked like they were trying too hard.

And is it just me (and it very well could be lol) but the Ford commercials seem to get lamer and lamer each week. They used to be really good (like back when Daughtry & McPhee were on) they were really good and fun, crazy, but this season's looks like they're running out of ideas of what to do, and how to involve the contestants more. So, I wasn't surprised that Michael & Scott landed in the bottom 3, but I was when they called out Matt. As somebody mentioned earlier, it could be because he went first, and people forgot about him already, plus with what he was wearing, I can imagine if people wanted to forget him.

FCBarca

[54]Mar 27, 2009

The ensemble cast commercials are indeed getting worse and worse...Even when Sanjaya was on it, they were still relatively original...I suppose the economy has forced even Ford to CGI everything and do it in a studio

I realize that Megan reminds me of a bad version of Madeleine Peyroux

kikimarie593

[55]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 27
    About the Ford music videos - I agree that they are getting lame and seem to be running out of ideas, but I think part of the reason is because of Scott. They used to run around and stuff in previous season and now mostly all they do is stand there. They can't have too much of that stuff this year with a blind contestant.

amaryllis88

[56]Mar 27, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    About the Ford music videos - I agree that they are getting lame and seem to be running out of ideas, but I think part of the reason is because of Scott. They used to run around and stuff in previous season and now mostly all they do is stand there. They can't have too much of that stuff this year with a blind contestant.

I should've remembered that! Yeah, I guess there's only so much he can do on his own without relying on somebody to be his crutch. Although... since he's made it into the top 10, he's going to be going on tour, so they'll have to make up some kind of "safe" choreography for him...unless they keep him on a couch or no where near steps.

FCBarca

[57]Mar 27, 2009
    I'm hoping that Scott regains his sight so that he can finally be voted off

taillow22

[58]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 11

Last night's results were just so awesome for me. I hate Matt, and love Megan!! You have no idea how awesome it was for me!!!!!

Next week is iTunes Top 100. If Megan does 'Hoedown Throwdown' or 'The Climb', my Idol DREAMS will be complete

kikimarie593

[59]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 27
    taillow22 wrote:

Last night's results were just so awesome for me. I hate Matt, and love Megan!! You have no idea how awesome it was for me!!!!!

Next week is iTunes Top 100. If Megan does 'Hoedown Throwdown' or 'The Climb', my Idol DREAMS will be complete

Yay! A fellow Megan lover! And I thought I was the only one who hated Matt! I doubt she would sing one of those songs, but that would be cool if she did.

TreeHill_89

[60]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 32
    I'm a Matt fan and i can't believe he was in the bottom seeing as he's performance was really good.