American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Thread For The Top 10 Perform & The Results Show!!

RyanSeacrest

[1]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Voo_Bopo

[2]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 9

Yikes! This was a strange night for Siobhan Magnus. Usually she's one of the best. Hopefully the voters will judge her for how she has been this whole season, rather than just based on tonight.

Siobhan Magnus - 5/10
    Casey James - 7/10
    Michael Lynche - 8/10
    Didi Benami - 5/10
    Tim Urban - 5/10
    Andrew Garcia - 7/10
    Katie Stevens - 6/10
    Lee DeWyze - 9/10
    Crystal Bowersox - 9/10
    Aaron Kelly - 6/10

Edited on 03/30/2010 7:17pm
    Edited 2 total times.

KamakaLo

[3]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 22

My favorites tonight were,

1. Casey ( Didn't stand out to me at first but now I'm loving him more and more each week! and love him playing guitar he's amazing)

2. Lee ( same with Lee, loving himmore and more each week! )

3. Mike ( He was great!)

Aaron - He wasn't bad but what can I say he's no Kris Allen when it comes to that song but he's still a cutie.

Andrew - I liked his version of 'Forever' but I still liked the other 3 guys over him.

Tim - I'm sorry but I still think the judges are way too hard on him. He was not that bad. I'm glad he laughed in their faces.

Didi - I felt bad for her. She wasn't that bad although she was better last week imo.

Siobhan- Not her best but she's still my favorite girl.

Crystal - zzz sorry still don't get the appeal

Katie - eh I agreed with Simon she came off as cold. She's just nothing new, boring and too karaoke for me.

taillow22

[4]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 11

Gasp I'm early D;

Let me just preface this by saying that tonight's episode was like a rollercoster. I started the night with high expectations for amazing performances from two of my favorites, Siobhan and Didi. 45 minutes later, I was red with fury. I even considered turning off the television (first time that ever crossed my mind since I started watching 4 seasons ago). The night got better after Simon critiqued Tim, however. And the final three performances almost made up for the horribly lackluster night we all know it was.

With this in mind (and the fact I typed this whole thing twice because I unknowingly highlighted the whole thing and replaced it with an 'n' the first time) let's get to the rankings...

1. Lee. YES. He definitely had his 'moment' that Simon wanted! YESS!!!

2. Crystal - Lurve, lurve, LURVED IT. Wow, that was great.

3. Aaron - I love this Cutie McSweetie Pie.

4. Siobhan - SUCK IT JUDGES. SUCK IT. I THOUGHT SHE WAS GOOD. Just because you're tired with her 'screaming' doesn't mean she did badly!! WOW.

5. Katie - Last week I liked half of her performance. This week, I only disliked the beginning. I wonder what happens next week...?!

6. Didi - SAVE DIDI.

7. Andrew - UM. HE'S A ONE TRICK PONY. ALL HE CAN DO IS MAKE POP SONGS ACOUSTIC. THIS BASE WAS ALREADY COVERED WITH 'HEARTLESS' LAST SEASON. NEXT.

8. Tim - I was left terribly confused. I actually kind of liked it. Simon's critique was hilarious xD

9. Casey - Was it just me or did he play guitar more than he sang?! Did not like.

10. Mike - I honestly think he will be in the bottom tomorrow. BOH-RANG.

haldrey

[5]Mar 31, 2010
    Overall I liked this week better than last week, maybe because of the songs selected but still this season is not as good as the early ones.

angeldeb82

[6]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 12
    Led by Lee Dewyze, the men gain ground on Crystal Bowersox.

What Two-Woman Horse Race?

bonjovichick

[7]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 16

Lee, Crystal and Casey I loved.

Andrew was ok

The rest were not worth listening too and wish I hadn't wasted my time.

I couldn't even get past the fact that Tim had this zombie eye think going at first.. it was creeping me out. It so distracted from the singing too much. It was like...."you will like me"..... 'You think I am cute so it doesn't matter" .. I think he was trying to get that across to the teen girls who vote no matter what for him.

Voo_Bopo

[8]Mar 31, 2010

I have to agree that, with the guys finally rising, this competition is no longer all about Crystal Bowersox and Siobhan Magnus.

Tim Urban, Katie Stevens and Didi Benami seem to make sense as the bottom three. Now that the weaker contestants have been eliminated, and since Andrew Garcia has made a comeback, the bottom three is no longer clear-cut.

I will say, it is about time that Tim Urban goes, considering he's undoubtedly the worst still in the competition. He's the only one that I think for sure will be in the bottom three. But the rest aren't as obvious.

Edited on 03/31/2010 9:45am

Wade3Gordon7

[9]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 16

Lee DeWyze all the way! I've been a huge fan of his since the beginning. He just has an amazing voice/tone, the vocals are unbelievable. I just really enjoy listening to him. The growth between the first show to the latest one has been pretty remarkable. He'll be the one to watch for sure now, after last night's performance.

Edited on 03/31/2010 11:28am

Voo_Bopo

[10]Mar 31, 2010
    I have to agree that Lee DeWyze gave an incredible performance last night.

Larexx

[11]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 11

Here are my picks from best to worst.

Lee DeWyze-Best of the night! Perfect song choice. The audience gave him a standing ovation. I think that was the 1st of the season & well deserved.

Crystal Bowersox-Switched it up by playing the piano, briefly. She gets extra points in my book for being able to play multiple instruments. I don't think it was HER best vocals last night but she was far better than anyone else except for Lee who won the night IMO!

Casey James-I really didn't know the song but thought it was a great choice for him. I really enjoyed his performance. He got mixed reviews from the judges though. Simon agrees with me that it was his strongest week so far.

Michael Lynche-He's got a great voice but he picks such mellow songs. He bores me! He just doesn't have the star quality.

Katie Stevens-Had a good performance of "Chain of Fools" but I didn't care for her shorts or her stockings or whatever weird coverings were on her legs! She still seems to be trying to figure out where she belongs.

Andrew Garcis-I think it was one of HIS better performances but it was just ok for me. The judges believed he had improved too.

Siobhan Magnus-She picked a good song & has a nice tone but she hit alot of bad notes & did what is now her signature scream. I agree with Simon. It's getting old. Not a good night for her! Her outfit looked like she made it out of toilet paper or got it out of the garbage or something!

Aaron Kelly-I thought he picked a good song but his vocals were just off from the beginning. It was his worst performance.

Didi Benami-Well, she was elegantly dressed in her gold & black gown. Another 1st for AI, I believe. That's about all I can say about her except I hope she goes tonight!

Tim Urban-Now nicknamed "Teflon Tim" didn't pick the right song or sing well either. His attempt to connect with the audience was, well, kinda creepy. None of the judges liked it either. Simon's comment that no matter what they said it didn't make a difference because he kept smiling, they keep voting, see you next week! Very funny! Again, he took their comments with a smile.

Bottom 3 should be: Aaron, Didi & Tim with Didi going home....please!

charmed4eva112

[12]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 20
    Hmmm, I dunno, I didn't mind Tim's performance. Not the best of course, but better than all of his other's performances. But he's gone, or at least, I hope he's gone. He's like a fly you keep trying to swat but he keeps coming back. His new nickname for me is definately Buzz Kill, because of my fly reference, and he's just really boring and killing American Idol. I'm sure he's a great guy, but vocally and performance wise.... no.

Andrew was better this week, but I want him to go home as well. I really hope he doesn't make the top 5. I'm sorry, but I'm not feeling him at all. But his mom was super funny! So props to Mrs. Garcia to yelling at Simon in English AND Spanish!

Crystal, Lee and Casey were the top for me! They all were fantastic! Didi, I love her, but her performances aren't so good lately. Michael has a great voice but it doesn't stand out to me, so that's why I'm sure he won't win. He's just...average, but he'll make it to the top 5, at least. Katie's a good singer and all, but... I dunno, I'm still not sure. She does need to go back to younger songs, but I hate when the judges keep commenting on this. Aaron was good tonight, but nothing memorable. Siobhan, I love her, but what happened?? She's so good. I hope nobody votes her off because of ths weak performance!!!!! So yeah, my favourites go like this:

1. Lee
    2. Crystal
    3. Casey
    4. Aaron
    5 Michael
    6 Andrew
    7 Siobhan
    8 Didi
    9 Katie
    10 Tim

Who will get voted off? Hopefully Tim, if not, Katie or Didi. Sadly, not Andrew (as I said, I just don't like him on AI) and everyone else I basically either tolerate or actually like

TreeHill_89

[13]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 32
    I just watched the show and I really liked Lee, Crystal. Didi is one of my favourites so i'm upset that she wasn't that great but i really really really hope that she stays!! I think Tim should finally go, but again i can't see it happening. Everyone votes for me becuase his cute which is getting annoying now. SAVE DIDI!!

RalphWiggumFan

[14]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 14

IMO, this season got back on track this weekafter the dismal Top 11 performances.

The Good:

Lee DeWyze: I've been a fan ever since his "Chasing Cars" performance - he has a very Chris Daughtry-like vibe going on.
    Andrew Garcia: Thank God he came back. That's all I have to say. Oh, and extra props for his wicked cool mama.
    Michael Lynche: This was obviously Mike's night to shine, seeing as this whole genre is what he does. I was pleased with his performance.
    Crystal Bowersox: It was good, but not great. She's a little overrated.
    Casey James: It was great. I really enjoy this guy's performances.

The Meh:

Siobhan Magnus: Well, this fell flat. It really wasn't that great and the screaming is getting a little annoyAAAAAAAAHHHHH
    Aaron Kelly: Okay, he's a nice guy. But this week wasn't that great.
    Tim Urban: Underrated by the judges, but overrated by the audience.
    Katie Stevens: I'm not seeing any sort of charisma with this girl.

The Ugly:

Didi Benami: She doesn't even seem like she wants to be there anymore. She's almost whining her way through the song. Goodbye and good riddance.

Fuhgeddabouditt

[15]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 2

America and American Idol is a JOKE! I mean seriously, why oh why is Tim, by far the worst since the beginning, still there? I mean, can people look pass his pretty face and realize this is a singing competition and not America's Next Top Model ? Dude is terrible. As for Didi, Mr. Simon saids her performance was a million times better than the previous night, yet, you dont save her I understand that maybe its to early to use the save but seriously, why say what you said and dont save her? She improved. Maybe a 3 minute song under the pressure she was under wasnt enough but lets face it she can run circles around Tim. All of em can. I have a feeling even the judges are thinking Tim is in the way and are wishing they had the power to throw him out despite the results. It doesnt matter anyway, this show is becoming more and more of a Joke each season and when Simon leaves, I wonder how it will stay float.

Edited on 03/31/2010 7:21pm
    Edited 2 total times.

FCBarca

[16]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 15
    Well, that will officially end my viewing of AI...I thought about ending it after the Lilly Scott elimination but gave it a chance still...Seeing clowns like Katie Stevens & Urban continue is beyond nauseating.

But what sent me finally over the edge was the ridiculous production tonight...Between whoring out AI with Clash of The Titans and Ryan's ridiculously self absorbed and nonsensical rantings between eliminations - I simply had enough

Cowell is out this season anyway and I can't see this show sustaining itself...Terrible

Voo_Bopo

[17]Mar 31, 2010
    Yeah, I have to agree, I don't know how Tim Urban is constantly escaping elimination. I feel like he's become the joke of the group. He's the worst. The judges know it, the audience knows it, so they don't want him to be eliminated.

I did think the bottom two were predictable though.

haldrey

[18]Apr 1, 2010
    Tonight elimination show was so boring that I did not really care who was eliminated. Next week they should eliminate all but two and go straight to the final.

angeldeb82

[19]Apr 1, 2010
    • level: 12
    Didi Benami is just the latest female finalist to get the hook.

No Indeedy

Voo_Bopo

[20]Apr 1, 2010
    What that article mentions, I have thought about as well. This season was all about the girls, and yet they are the only ones being eliminated. There are now three girls and six guys.

Next week will probably be Tim Urban's time... possibly...