American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 12 Perform & Results Show

RyanSeacrest

[1]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeldeb82

[2]Mar 14, 2012
    • level: 12

Well, I have news that Jermaine Jones got yanked off of American Idol for a criminal record and will no longer be on the show. It kinda serves him right.

Story

gen1469

[3]Mar 15, 2012
    • level: 4

Its a shame seeing Shannon leave the competition this early, although I'm expecting it based on last week voting results, it still unacceptable.

People who really messed up during the performance night are still in the competition, and I do know that they know who they are.

But IDOL is a popularity contest based on the original concept that Fans who votes will buy the album once the competition ends.

Seriously? Is it still true these days?

Nordan123

[4]Mar 16, 2012
    • level: 6

gen1469 wrote:
    But IDOL is a popularity contest based on the original concept that Fans who votes will buy the album once the competition ends.

Seriously? Is it still true these days?

Unfortunately I don't think it works like that....

I think most people vote for the same artist every week until the end or (s)he gets eliminated.This is why we see artists with a great week/performance getting eliminated/in the bottom 3.

Another key issue is the votes of those who are no longer there,who will get the votes of those continuing to vote? Those votes can make or break someone's run on Idol too,and for each contestant gone this "new pool" of votes gets bigger and more significant.

Really interesting if you think about it...

Based on this week alone I'd say DeAndre,Heejun,Jessica and Shannon were the weakest this week.

Shannon gone wasn't a big surprise and I can't say I disagree with that and neither did the judges,they know there will come a time when the save will be more important.