Official Thread For The Top 13 Perform & The Results Show

kal915

[41]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 11
    Losterrific wrote:
    Jasmine and Jorge are going home

Seriously?
    Cause if its Jorge, then YES!!!!
    He and Tatiana were a total disgrace to the Puerto Rican people. Way too big drama queens
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

90210rox

[42]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 14

-- I kinda thought that'd be the new rule. I just hope they only do it to contestants that really deserve it. Although, I'm not sure I like the double elimination for other nights than tonight thing. Pretty interesting, nonetheless.

-- I liked the group performance. Way better than last week's.

_____

- Ooh, Michael's safe. Last night's performance was pretty good, so yeah...
    - Yay for Allison! Rightfully safe...
    - I'm actually not surprised that Jasmine is in the bottom, even though I liked her a little bit...
    - Haha, Matt was already walking, but he's safe. Thought that was funny...
    - Man, it's between Megan and Kris yet again... and Megan is in the bottom. And, Kris, why is everybody walking off, God, wait to hear if you're in the bottom or not...
    - It's between Jasmine and Megan, and... glad to hear Megan is safe, even though she didn't do her best last night. Hopefully she does next week. I see Jasmine being picked to stay.

-- I'm not too fond of this 2nd performance from Jasmine. Now this was flat.

-- Oh, wait, never mind. Jasmine Murray is eliminated. Damn, I'm not good at predicting at all! Guess I'll never know if she can actually sing upbeat songs. Oh well. Her voice was pretty good, I'll give her that.

_____

-- Kanye West. First time I've muted the show this season, I can tell you that. Why the hell is a rapper performing on AI, anyway, that's not singing at all. Oh wait, Kanye tried to actually sing in his new songs, and you know what? EPIC FAIL. He sucks, plain and simple. (Rap sucks in general) I'm looking forward to Kelly more, even though I don't really care for her new album. I hope she sings the title track "All I Ever Wanted" 'cause that's one of the few songs that I really liked on the whole album.

-- Well, that was a waste. Already onto commercial break...

_____

- Cool, Scott's safe...
    - Also Alexis, I just hope she doesn't overdo it again next week.
    - Danny's safe, no surprise.
    - Also no surprise in actuality: Anoop is in the bottom. I liked him, but... maybe it is his time to go. I guess I've gotten over him fast.
    - Jeez, listen to those people in the audience screaming about Adam! Safe, safe, safe.
    - Now, Jorge, in the bottom, probably going. He's a really nice guy, I just don't care for him. Safe for Lil, nice!

_____

-- Kelly's singing "My Life Would Suck Without You." Eh, it's not my favorite. Oh well. Really, really great performance, by the way. Loved her voice. The last chorus wasn't all that great, though, and her voice always cracked on "without." Yes, I'm critiquing her. Maybe she needed to clear her throat. Heheh, still a great performance.

_____

-- Anoop is safe. Aww, Jorge looked really down before he sang. Now I feel bad. Well, only Randy and Simon are talking. And Paula is dancing. OK. I guess it's only the decision of two judges now? Pfft.

-- And, ..... Jorge Nunez is eliminated. Man, he really looks down. Now I feel horrible. Simon was pretty harsh saying it.

-- Well, Jasmine and Jorge are eliminated. Both were pretty talented, but it was their time anyway. Anoop has to really bring it next week, or else he's going. This was a pretty good results show. Bah, now I got to wait 'til next week to see more performances (*cough*andAdam). Loved hearing Carrie's song on both goodbye videos, and that's all from me. Adios. (I'm really to the point tonight. Hm)

Hungry_Homer111

[43]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 26
    It was between Megan and Jasmine in the first part, and Jasmine left. Wow... Megan should have went home.

I wasn't surprised at all how the second pair was handled. I knew it would be between Anoop and Jorge with Jorge going home. I kind of wish that Jorge went through, because out of those two, I prefer Jorge overall, but based on last night's performance I can't really disagree with him going home.

But really, I'm mainly upset that Megan, who is easily the worst singer overall, is still in the competition. And I'm calling it right now: When she is finally about to be kicked off, the new twist will ruin it, and the judges will bring her right back into it. I seriously don't see what anybody hears in her voice, I just can't stand her. I'm sorry to those who feel otherwise, I'm just saying how I feel about her.

ninjasquirrel19

[44]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 7

Hungry_Homer111 wrote:
    It was between Megan and Jasmine in the first part, and Jasmine left. Wow... Megan should have went home. I wasn't surprised at all how the second pair was handled. I knew it would be between Anoop and Jorge with Jorge going home. I kind of wish that Jorge went through, because out of those two, I prefer Jorge overall, but based on last night's performance I can't really disagree with him going home. But really, I'm mainly upset that Megan, who is easily the worst singer overall, is still in the competition. And I'm calling it right now: When she is finally about to be kicked off, the new twist will ruin it, and the judges will bring her right back into it. I seriously don't see what anybody hears in her voice, I just can't stand her. I'm sorry to those who feel otherwise, I'm just saying how I feel about her.

I completely agree with you.

Am I the only one that has noticed that Danny always has this really smug smile on his face, like he thinks he already knows he's safe?

Hungry_Homer111

[45]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 26
    ninjasquirrel19 wrote:
    Am I the only one that has noticed that Danny always has this really smug smile on his face, like he thinks he already knows he's safe?

I noticed that too. It didn't really bother me as much as it normally would have. Maybe because I think it was obvious (from the judges' reactions, and the crowd reactions from last night and tonight) that he was probably going to stay, and I personally thought he was great. I would have been surprised if he did, and think the judges might have already used the new rule tonight if he had been voted out. But I do hope that he at least controls that more so that he doesn't become too big-headed and let it affect his performances and attitude.

ninjasquirrel19

[46]Mar 11, 2009
    Hungry_Homer111 wrote:
    ninjasquirrel19 wrote:
    I noticed that too. It didn't really bother me as much as it normally would have. Maybe because I think it was obvious (from the judges' reactions, and the crowd reactions from last night and tonight) that he was probably going to stay, and I personally thought he was great. I would have been surprised if he did, and think the judges might have already used the new rule tonight if he had been voted out. But I do hope that he at least controls that more so that he doesn't become too big-headed and let it affect his performances and attitude.
    I do think he's good, it just kinda bothered me. As long as he doesn't get too much of a big head, I don't mind him at all. He was great last night.

amaryllis88

[47]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 20
    It was an interesting show. Surprising to see Scott part of the choreography on the stage, although he usually had somebody right near him most of the time, so no issues with stairs, etc. Their group number wasn't that bad, it was a lot better than their Katey Perry song. Danny looked like he was wearing skis, and that's not a diss to people who have big feet, I have a pair, (of big feetsies NOT skis lol), he almost looked like he was trippin' up whoever was near him.

The judge's "save" was not used tonight, I almost felt like Kara was going to save Jasmine because she looks so commercial (as she has been so fond of saying every time we hear her speak about her). So Jorge and Jasmine left us, the way in which Simon delivered his "no" to Jorge seemed so ruthless and final---a lot meaner than what Jasmine got. I'm glad Anoop has another chance, hopefully he'll pick a better song next week--and hopefully they'll get a better theme to flex their vocals with too. I love the Ford commercials, and I loved the tour of their house, that was incredibley wow, I'm jealous.

As for the performances this is what I'll say: I don't like Kanye as a person, but I do like some of his songs. So it was enjoyable, I haven't bought any of his cd's, and I haven't bought any of Kelly's either. Her routine was fine, no big climactic thing for me, just something to pass the time by, gotta fill the hour somehow, right?

myintermail

[48]Mar 11, 2009
    Not as bad as I thought, but still slightly underwhelming as a whole

Top 4:
    Adam Lambert
    Kris Allen (Just having a cool vibe yea!)
    Lil Rounds
    Allison Ireheta

Middles:
    Anoop Desai (He isn't that bad TBH)
    Alexis Grace
    Scott McIntyre
    Matt Giraud (HE is the major disappointment)
    Danny Gokey (No mention of Mrs. Gokey is a MAJOR improvement)

Bottom:
    Megan Joy (Caw! Caw!)
    Jorge Nunez
    Jasmine Murray
    Michael Sarver

Either two of the bottom group goes home. I would not even miss them.

Results: I called 2 of them. So I'm good. Hate the power to save from the judges. Have the judges' ego expanded this season? Why do they have so much power to control the show!

stellarchick86

[49]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 32
    Hungry_Homer111 wrote:
    Wow..Megan should have went home.
    But really, I'm mainly upset that Megan, who is easily the worst singer overall, is still in the competition. And I'm calling it right now: When she is finally about to be kicked off, the new twist will ruin it, and the judges will bring her right back into it. I seriously don't see what anybody hears in her voice, I just can't stand her. I'm sorry to those who feel otherwise, I'm just saying how I feel about her.

Omg I was so going to come on here to rant about the same thing. Young teens like Megan because shes 'different' and then teenage boys like her because shes 'hot' (which she sort of is anyway lol). So thats why shes in the competition, not because of vocal talent. I so thought she was going home but I guess not. And I agree I bet the judges will bring her back in as well. So yeah Im upset Jasmines going home over Megan and actually thought one of the guys like Michael S would be going home before her but I guess not. I swear this show is rigged.

Anyway, I wasnt surprised about Jorge even though personally I thought Anoop did worse but I felt so bad for him. The look on his face was just horrible and I felt worse for him than for Jasmine and I was rooting for Jasmine! And Simons blunt 'no' made it even worse! KW is bad live and his personality lacks, but I like some of his songs (I can listen to pretty much anything). KC was pretty good, I like that song, nothing really much to say there. The Ford 'music video' is corny as usual but they are funny to watch and the Jackson5 song was pretty corny too but it was alot better than last weeks song. Thats it for me.

EdgeOfThorns316

[50]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 8
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Hungry_Homer111 wrote:
    Wow..Megan should have went home.

Omg I was so going to come on here to rant about the same thing. Young teens like Megan because shes 'different' and then teenage boys like her because shes 'hot' (which she sort of is anyway lol). So thats why shes in the competition, not because of vocal talent. I so thought she was going home but I guess not. And I agree I bet the judges will bring her back in as well. So yeah Im upset Jasmines going home over Megan and actually thought one of the guys like Michael S would be going home before her but I guess not. I swear this show is rigged.

Anyway, I wasnt surprised about Jorge even though personally I thought Anoop did worse but I felt so bad for him. The look on his face was just horrible and I felt worse for him than for Jasmine and I was rooting for Jasmine! And Simons blunt 'no' made it even worse! KW is bad live and his personality lacks, but I like some of his songs (I can listen to pretty much anything). KC was pretty good, I like that song, nothing really much to say there. The Ford 'music video' is corny as usual but they are funny to watch and the Jackson5 song was pretty corny too but it was alot better than last weeks song. Thats it for me.

I gotta disagree with ya there...Jasmine, while i liked her too, shes a dime a dozen. You cant swing a dead cat without hitting an R&B singer anymore.

Megan does have a unique voice and style, its almost like Brook in a way...i dont think jasmine should of went home though.

Anoop, Jorge or michael is who i would of sent home. Michael is a cool dude but hes not winnin this, hes just not..so its like why prolong it.

And im 30 and megan is indeed teh hawtness :p

stellarchick86

[51]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 32
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:
    I gotta disagree with ya there...Jasmine, while i liked her too, shes a dime a dozen. You cant swing a dead cat without hitting an R&B singer anymore. Megan does have a unique voice and style, its almost like Brook in a way...i dont think jasmine should of went home though.

Well yeah I dont think theres anything 'special' about Jasmine, theres usually 1 every season I just liked her voice more. I could listen to a cd of hers if she came out with one, but if I never hear Megan again itd be too soon. And I sort of diagree with the Brooke thing, I liked Brooke alot and her voice wasnt as...whiney as Megans.
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:
    Anoop, Jorge or michael is who i would of sent home. Michael is a cool dude but hes not winnin this, hes just not..so its like why prolong it.

Definetely agree with you there. I dont think anyone but Adam, Danny and maybe Allison and Lil Rounds stand a chance. I predict Michael, Kris, Matt and all the other guys like that will be gone soon.
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:
    And im 30 and megan is indeed teh hawtness :p

Lol..And yeah but Im assuming youre not sitting there voting over and over for her again like the teenagers are

ebony_kunoichi

[53]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 13

Meagan is just aweful, I prayed that she would go home. I swear she is the worst on the show. Adam annoys me, but at least he is entertaining and has energy. Meagan looks like a spaced out weirdo all the time and her voice is off key and has a dying cat tone to it. As for her looks, I guess, she is cute if you like that type, but not me, yuck. Vote for the worst has even pegged her as their pick.

Jasmine was nothing special, a bit boring, and looked like an alien so yeah she should have went. I do disagree about the R and B singer comment. There are only like 3 or 4 successful R and B singers. Rhianna, Beyonce, Mary J, and Jorbacca the hutt. There are many great black female singers out there that don't get attention because they don't fit into the R&B category that the record companies try to fit them in because they are scared they won't sell any records. Janelle Monae or Santogold are two examples. You have to stand out on AI and she didnt. Jorge, hmmm...what can I say he was a bore too. Allison made it. I am rooting for her all the way! She is the best thing on the show. Her singing is great and her personality is a bit nervous and weird, yes!!!

The group routine was once again a cheese fest and the only reason I watch was to see if scott would fall down the stairs!

I loved Kayne West. I dont care for his new album, but to lump him in with all other rappers is crazy. I cant stand rap music today, but there are a few that are innovative and fresh. I happen to like all music, even a bit of country. I suggest that people learn to expand their horizons. Most rock and rap music today is a fusion anyway of rock, soul, hip hop, blues, etc.

Kelly Clarkson: hmmmm.....I dont like the new song. Kinda annoying, but I like her and I havent heard her album. But I do have to say one thing, she has gained so much weight, oh lawd! Not that she doesnt look good, but I was shocked to see she has packed on the pounds and her record label let her pack on the pounds!

Edited on 03/12/2009 7:26am
    Edited 2 total times.

FCBarca

[54]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 15

While I think that Anoop and Jorge were among the poorest performances from the other night, I did find it 'interesting' that 3 out of the 4 bottom vote getters were all minorities.

I certainly don't think Jasmine was poor, certainly no worse than the blind dude...Of course, I still haven't understood the fascination with him yet.

alen76ers

[55]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 16

Anoop and Megan should have gone home. They were the worst. I hate Anoop's attitude on stage. Megan is nice and different, but her voice isn't that great.

Adam, Lil, Danny, Alexis, Allison and Kris were the best. Especially Adam. I love his attitude on stage and his voice is amazing. I love Lil's high notes. Danny has his unique style and his "rough" voice. Alexis has her naughtiness and she's so nice. Allison has a different voice, really unique and she's so young! She's funny and nice too. "I'm not cutting myself", lol! Kris sang really nice.

Edited on 03/12/2009 8:20am

ebony_kunoichi

[56]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 13
    FCBarca wrote:

While I think that Anoop and Jorge were among the poorest performances from the other night, I did find it 'interesting' that 3 out of the 4 bottom vote getters were all minorities.

I certainly don't think Jasmine was poor, certainly no worse than the blind dude...Of course, I still haven't understood the fascination with him yet.

Amen to that FC. Anoop has a huge following so that's why he wasnt voted off.

alen76ers

[57]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 16
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    FCBarca wrote:

Amen to that FC. Anoop has a huge following so that's why he wasnt voted off.

I also agree. And I really don't see anything special in Scott (the blind guy). This isn't a show for him. And he really isn't such a great singer. They need to adjust everything for him at group singing and that's kinda annoying. I hope he'll go home soon.

EdgeOfThorns316

[58]Mar 12, 2009
    Scott is just getting the symphathy votes, thats all.

Honestly, they need to fix that mofo up with a hairstylist and fast, and toss him some shades.

amaryllis88

[59]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 20
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:

Honestly, they need to fix that mofo up with a hairstylist and fast, and toss him some shades.

I can't help but find your statements rather funny. I don't want to sound like I have anything against the guy, I don't want to come off as an offensive person, yet there's something odd about him (and it's not because he's blind, and yet it's because he's blind) that irks me. He does need a new hairstyle, and he has those crazy eyes that stare you to death, like almost the Mona Lisa eyes where they follow you every where you go....I can understand why he would need some RayBans or somethin', cover them babies up.

EdgeOfThorns316

[60]Mar 12, 2009
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:

I can't help but find your statements rather funny. I don't want to sound like I have anything against the guy, I don't want to come off as an offensive person, yet there's something odd about him (and it's not because he's blind, and yet it's because he's blind) that irks me. He does need a new hairstyle, and he has those crazy eyes that stare you to death, like almost the Mona Lisa eyes where they follow you every where you go....I can understand why he would need some RayBans or somethin', cover them babies up.

lol, yea i think for being blind the guy has talent no doubt. But man he got some beady eyes, they need to give him some shades or a mask or something.