American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Thread For The Top 13 Perform & The Results Show

Music4OurSouls

[61]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 4
    Peggy_Porcupine wrote:

Here is what we have: the judges chose themes - like they did last night (Sing a recording of Michael Jackson) and then they tell the contestant they chose the wrong song for them..

Why don't they give each contestant a choice of 2 or 3 songs hand picked for their voice and maybe hand picked to see them stretch - and then see what the contestant does with it. This sounds like it could be a great idea for one of their oh, so not popular "Theme" weeks.

Just my 2 cents (Canadian) worth Thinkin' you deserve more like a "quarter" considering all the talent you all have graciously exported to the U.S. !

Pensive Peggy from Porcupine

Peggy,

Just my two cents

While I'm here,

Thanks for all the exchanges of info, my friends. Good stuff, as always, Stellar.

MyInterMail - Love the "Caw.....Caw" ! Ya need a little animated bird to go w/ it. Have you been visiting Idol Land? You sound a bit familiar.....

HungryHomer - Losterrific - EdgeofThorns & Of Course, Amaryllis - Always nice to hear from ya'll.

That's all I've got here 4 now....Been updating my friends/favorites cr_p all morning - Gonna go have fun reading all your other stuff!

Jean

Edited on 03/12/2009 11:44am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeldeb82

[62]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 12
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

LIL ROUNDS- Her voice is o.k. but borderline Fantasia which makes me ill. I hated her outfit and most of the outfits for the contestants. She looked like she was wearing my grandma's old pants suit. The song was a bit too perdictable. I would love for her to sing a ballad or something.

SCOTT MACINTYRE- ZZZZZZZZZZZZ...............ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. I am soooo friggin bored by him. I feel like he can sing a bit and is talented, but he needs something a bit more uptempo and pick a song that is kinda mainstream and not from 1950 or so obscure and nutty. I know he will stay due to the sympathy vote.

DANNY GOKEY- I love danny's voice. I think he has a great tone that is nice. I didnt like the dancing and stuff, but overall it was good.

MICHAEL SARVER- He shouted too much and he just doesnt interest me at all. He doesnt know how to work the stage or a crowd. he just lurks all over the stage and it makes me uncomfortable.

JASMINE MURRAY- She was better this week, but the song was a dud. Come on Jasmine, we need spunky from you! She has a good voice, but sometimes it sounds like she is underwater.

KRIS ALLEN- OMG, I cant stand this guy. He is getting the cute vote when he isnt even that cute! Yeah I agree with Simon, he should have hid his wife. His voice was shaky, weird and all over the play. Please get rid of him.

ALLISON IRAHETA- Allison is weird, shy, and seems like she has no social skills. I LOVE her. Her voice is such a kick ace rocker girl. She needs a nose job, but she is the best singer this year so far!

ANOOP DESAI- I really wanted Anoop to do well, but last night it was like a drunken Karaoke performance gone horribly wrong. Why pick that song? Just terrible.

JORGE NUNEZ- I think he can sing, but the song was a bore. He shouldnt be in the bottom 3.

MEGAN CORKREY- I swear Meagan is a crack head waiting to happen. I dont get it. Her singing is off key all the time and she does strange methhead dances. Why do people like her? I have no clue at all. She aint even that cute. Vote her off now.

ADAM LAMBERT-...........*Sigh* I cant stand Adam's screeching and prancing around the stage. It bothers me. It's odd. He belongs in a band somewhere, oh wait he was in a band! A las Vegas drag/rock/glam show. His performance was over the top. I like good singing. You know, someone who can carry a note. Adam does good, but then after a minute crazy Axel Rose Adam takes over. I love rock music, but for AI screechy vocal theatrics is just not my style, yuck.

ALEXIS GRACE- Why do they insist on dressing her like a tart is beyond me. She over sang the whole song. I thought it was a hot mess. Its like some really uncool chick trying to be hip and soulful. It just doesnt work.

You skipped out on Matt Giraud, though.

FCBarca

[63]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 15

First thing I thought when I saw Clarkson was wow She must've gained more than 20 lbs...There are rumours out there that she's pregnant but no idea really.

It was odd, I have to say as I hadn't seen her in some time.

In a recent interview she apparently had this to say wrt weight etc.:

Kelly Clarkson wrote:
    "I work out when I want to work out; I don't work out when I don't want to work out. After a long day and I'm tired, yeah, a cookie helps. It makes me feel good. It's soul food! There's a reason why it's called that. I drop, like, 15 pounds when I'm on tour."

More from her on how it's been since winning AI:

Kelly Clarkson wrote:
    "There's been a couple of points in the past six or seven years where I have just been like, I could just go away and not do this," she says.

"I have literally honestly only wanted to do the music part of it.

"The business part really drags me down, just because I am not that person. It is not something I am interested in, not something I care about. I have definitely been there.

"A 19-year-old winning some competition and being in charge of so much right off the bat, that is a lot to put on someone's plate. You learn as you go."

"I wish I felt pressure," she says candidly. "I wish I were more concerned. My brother always looks nice every time he leaves the house where I am usually in my pyjamas or something.

"I have just never been that girl that is really focused on stuff like that. I am not really about it.

"Sometimes it is so awful because people look at you like you are some sort of freak."

And regarding some of her recent press release photos and album promotions, she revealed this:

Kelly Clarkson wrote:
    "They Photoshopped the crap out of me," she has said in an unusual admission for someone so famous.

Music4OurSouls

[64]Mar 12, 2009

ebony_kunoichi wrote:

Ebony: O.K. this is all your fault! I was gonna leave ya'll alone, and then you go and make some really good points that I just have to acknowledge. Please excuse my butcher job of editing:

Meagan is just awful, I prayed that she would go home. I swear she is the worst on the show. Adam annoys me, but at least he is entertaining and has energy. Meagan looks like a spaced out weirdo all the time and her voice is off key and has a dying cat tone to it. As for her looks, I guess, she is cute if you like that type, but not me, yuck. Vote for the worst has even pegged her as their pick. YEP

I do disagree about the R and B singer comment. There are only like 3 or 4 successful R and B singers. Rhianna, Beyonce, Mary J, and Jorbacca the hutt. There are many great black female singers out there that don't get attention because they don't fit into the R&B category that the record companies try to fit them in because they are scared they won't sell any records. Janelle Monae or Santogold are two examples. Jorge, hmmm...what can I say he was a bore too. Who is "jorbacca"? Get the joke, but not connecting. Tell us more about the 2 R&B examples, please. JORGE: I was hoping for the best on this one, because as a bi-lingual Ed. chick (LONG ago) I liked a new artist to fill up the Latin Flavor niche on Idol and on the charts. Could your girl Allison do any of that? It's not her thing now, but it obviously is b/g - That supermarket thing was wild - We need those down here in Tejas!

I loved Kayne West. I dont care for his new album, but to lump him in with all other rappers is crazy. I cant stand rap music today, but there are a few that are innovative and fresh. I happen to like all music, even a bit of country. I suggest that people learn to expand their horizons. Most rock and rap music today is a fusion anyway of rock, soul, hip hop, blues, etc. Bluntly, Kayne does nothing for me. But so what, right? Appreciate your point and thanks for the "even a bit of country" comment. It makes me so frustrated when people from all over the country insist on dissing country. It's like they think all country is twangy, corny and still sounds like Porter Wagner from the 60's. There are great artists/musicians out of Nashville and lots of them are not "just country". I would LOVE for Season 8ers to take on not a country theme (rumored) but to look at country song lists and adapt some to their particular genre. jmho.

Thanks for the fun and your indulgence w/my editing, Ebony!

Jean

amaryllis88

[65]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 20
    I know some people made comments as to Kanye's performance, there's a really good opinion piece on Yahoo regarding his "singing" act last night on Idol that is quite an interesting read: Kanye

The really funny moment, and I guess I didn't quite catch on to it until people pointed it out, is that none of the judges or contestants seemed to be there while he performed (you can clearly see no judges at their table), but when Kelly performed, the judges were back.

sylent_asassin

[66]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 26
    I was disappointed in the results. While Jasmine didn't have that good of a performance, I thought she was far better than Scott, Megan Joy, Kris Allen and Anoop Dog. Kris Allen's performance was a complete mess yet he's getting the horny teenaged girl vote while Megan is racking up the horny teenaged boy, crackhead and tattooed freak votes. Honestly, I think Jasmine has more potential than all of them... and Scott's days are numbered. He's just an decent singer pulling in the sympathy vote.

I'm shocked nobody mentioned Kanye West's voice synthesizer performance. While it was moderately entertaining, it would have been fun to hear Simon critique it... and it would be "Heartless."

I'm also shocked that there was no mention of Paula crying and telling half the contestants that they'll be in the finals. I'm sorry but you have to be high on something to exhibit that type of behavior.

FCBarca

[68]Mar 12, 2009

sylent_asassin wrote:
    I'm also shocked that there was no mention of Paula crying and telling half the contestants that they'll be in the finals. I'm sorry but you have to be high on something to exhibit that type of behavior.

I've been saying this for a few seasons now...Paula is guilty of some sort of substance abuse, whether it's drugs or alcohol, I have no idea...However, from show to show she is entirely unpredictable...What was more interesting/surprising about her behavior in this week's shows was that she was not only rambling in typical form but also far more critical than what I'm accustomed to seeing from her.

She's a nutty, nutty woman...And I'm certain that she remains on the show for precisely this reason otherwise she has precious little to offer in terms of lucid thoughts or insight.

And being nearly 50?...Looks like she had her latest injection of botox this past week, as well

FCBarca

[69]Mar 12, 2009

amaryllis88 wrote:
    I know some people made comments as to Kanye's performance, there's a really good opinion piece on Yahoo regarding his "singing" act last night on Idol that is quite an interesting read: Kanye
    The really funny moment, and I guess I didn't quite catch on to it until people pointed it out, is that none of the judges or contestants seemed to be there while he performed (you can clearly see no judges at their table), but when Kelly performed, the judges were back.

It's a good read...And, more & more, it's true that it's less and less a singing competition.

nickel2006

[70]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 48
    Jasmine and Jorge
    Two of the people I was rooting for
    I liked them more than Megan, Kris, both Matts,
    and coughadamcough. And the other contestants I don't pay much attention to.
    At least Lil Rounds, Danny and Anoop made it.

kal915

[71]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 11
    I like Megan, i guess i just like people that sing with spirit, and i think michael should have been at the bottom instead of jasmine, anoop, and megan

stellarchick86

[72]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 32
    Do we really need articles on Kelly Clarkson and her weight and all that here? She is a good singer and gave a good performance thats all that matters not whether shes model skinny, which she never really was (and thats a good thing!) Its about her voice not her weight people, and she did not gain more than 20+lbs that crazy. 20 at the most.

EdgeOfThorns316

[73]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 8
    FCBarca wrote:

sylent_asassin wrote:

I've been saying this for a few seasons now...Paula is guilty of some sort of substance abuse, whether it's drugs or alcohol, I have no idea...However, from show to show she is entirely unpredictable...What was more interesting/surprising about her behavior in this week's shows was that she was not only rambling in typical form but also far more critical than what I'm accustomed to seeing from her.

She's a nutty, nutty woman...And I'm certain that she remains on the show for precisely this reason otherwise she has precious little to offer in terms of lucid thoughts or insight.

And being nearly 50?...Looks like she had her latest injection of botox this past week, as well

Id still give paula a spin around the ol block regardless.

Xannie

[74]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 6

First off in my opinion this was one of the best live show season kickoffs in years. Usually I only like 2 or 3 out of the night this time I only disliked 5 out of 13.

nickel2006 wrote:
    Jasmine and Jorge Two of the people I was rooting for I liked them more than Megan, Kris, both Matts, and coughadamcough. And the other contestants I don't pay much attention to. At least Lil Rounds, Danny and Anoop made it.

Ok whats this second Matt thing? Ryan called Matt 'the other Matt' nickel2006 talks about 'both Matts'. The other Matt wasn't even in the WC show.

Anyway my order was:

13. Anoop; never got him, still don't after this week

12. Kris; I fell asleep during his preformance

11. Lil; just not the style I like her in I suppose

10. Jorge; Paula was right, 'She's out of my life' would've been perfect for him

9. Jasmine; Her strength in this competition was her big voice and she didn't show it off this week

8. Megan; thing I like best about her are her looks to be honest (minus the big tattoo) but the song suited her

7. Alexis; giving her props for going all out again but it just looked like it was taking too much out of her

6. Allison; still not a fan but I recognize she is a good preformer

5. Michael; good voice but I was weirded out by his facial expressions. First few lines were sad and his gigantic smile threw me off.

4. Matt; still love him.

3. Scott; touched me as I listened with my eyes closed, do I like him because he is blind? Possibly.

2. Danny; Good voice, great charisma, agree with some of the people saying he looked smug at the vote out. He could possibly become bigheaded after idol.

1. Adam; Agree with the judges, miles better than anyone.

So I would've send Anoop and Kris off but Jasmine and Jorge were in my bottom 5 so I'm ok with this result.

As for the save rule: I doubt it's going to come in play in the first few shows and I don't believe it would be used to save Megan if she were to have a below par preformance and got voted off next week. As I saw the clip of people who were voted off premature I agreed with all of it but Chris Daughtry was in the top 5 so this rule would not have saved him.

ebony_kunoichi

[75]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 13

ok people here goes:

I forgot Matt Giraud. He is from my home town and I like him. I thought he was great on the piano. He deserved to stay for sure.

Jorbacca the Hutt is Jordan Sparks! She looks like a wookie in Drag. I gave examples of outstanding black female performers that are ignored by the mainstream. They are Santogold, who is a rocker chick and Janelle Monae who is like a soulful Bjork. I love them both. I too wanted a latino to go far. I'm in Texas too and love latin music, but Jorge was boring and had really weird eyebrows. He looked like a Puerto Rican Bert.

Sylent Assasin: What can I say. You are correct. Kris gets the chick note and Meagan the guy vote. I have no idea why. Where I live douche bags who look like Kris are a dime a dozen and methed out tattoo chicks that look spacy are easy to find on the streets of downtown Dallas, but they probably can sing better than meagan.

As for Kelly Clarkson: Hmmmm....I dont mind that she gained weight it's just the horrible grandma outfit they put her in. She's a bit chunky not 75! I'm mean really Kelly dump your stylist.Yeah, I give famous folks heck when they chunk up cause they have everything available to them to prevent it. If I had all that money I would have the body of tyra banks before she fell in love with pie and ribs. Speaking of stylist this year AI must be taking clothes from the salvation army cause they have some of the most busted outfits this year! Half of the contestants look like they were drugged and dressed in the dark by Scott!!

Speaking of Scott, yeah you guys are so wrong for that, but it's true. Scott has that creepy dead behind the eyes look and the group performances seem a tid bit nerve racking and tense. I expect him to fall down any moment. Thats my whole motivation for watching AI this year! lol.

You know, I like old country. I can respect it. It was when country was country! Not this pop/rock crap. Dont get me wrong I love carrie Underwood, but that aint country to me. I like it old fashioned and more close to blue grass. I love blue grass. I want my country artist to sound like she is live and barefoot in the mountains of Virgina or something wearing a sack with 3 babies in her arms or if its a guy I want him to talk about drinking and working on his truck! No shaggy hair(yeah you Keith Urban!) No dressing like Paris Hilton(yeah you Taylor Swift!!). I need checkered prints, boots, cowboy hats, dirty jeans or fringed suites and neck ties darn it!

Edited on 03/13/2009 6:29am
    Edited 2 total times.

angeldeb82

[76]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    I remember that Simon seemed forgetful when he said, "If this new rule had been in season 5, I would have used it to give Chris Daughtry another chance, and he would have gone on to win," or something like that. Has Simon forgotten that Chris WAS in the Top 5, and that since the new rule becomes no longer valid in the Top 5, it would not have saved him? Heck, I even doubt that Sanjaya would have been saved by the rule, even if he had made it to the Top 5 (he was in the Top 7 when he was eliminated, you know that?). Well, that rule could even have saved Carly Smithson or Michael Johns if it so chose to do that.

ebony_kunoichi

[77]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 13

angeldeb82 wrote:
    I remember that Simon seemed forgetful when he said, "If this new rule had been in season 5, I would have used it to give Chris Daughtry another chance, and he would have gone on to win," or something like that. Has Simon forgotten that Chris WAS in the Top 5, and that since the new rule becomes no longer valid in the Top 5, it would not have saved him? Heck, I even doubt that Sanjaya would have been saved by the rule, even if he had made it to the Top 5 (he was in the Top 7 when he was eliminated, you know that?). Well, that rule could even have saved Carly Smithson or Michael Johns if it so chose to do that.

please i hope to god in heaven that those two wouldnt be saved. Their career is going nowhere now and i promise you in a few years everyone will be asking whatever happen to them. Just some more Idol rejects!

Music4OurSouls

[78]Mar 13, 2009
    [QUOTE="EdgeOfThorns316"]

Id still give paula a spin around the ol block regardless.

Thanks, Edge...... Let's see, so far today you've made me lol once and now you've made me smile. And I'm just on my first thread! You're now my official "online son" and if you're a girl, then I've seriously misjudged you - Whatever! Paula is who Paula is. I don't care to speculate about her possible substance abuse. I do know from news sources that she's had a rough time w/accidents through the years. Could be it's simply taken a toll. One point for your consideration: Has anyone known/observed someone who is in constant pain and trying to ignore or rise above that? Comes off a lot like "substance abuse". JMHO. Have Fun, Everyone.

Edited on 03/13/2009 10:32am

Music4OurSouls

[79]Mar 13, 2009
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

ok people here goes:

I forgot Matt Giraud. He is from my home town and I like him. I thought he was great on the piano. He deserved to stay for sure.

Jorbacca the Hutt is Jordan Sparks! She looks like a wookie in Drag. I gave examples of outstanding black female performers that are ignored by the mainstream. They are Santogold, who is a rocker chick and Janelle Monae who is like a soulful Bjork. I love them both. I too wanted a latino to go far. I'm in Texas too and love latin music, but Jorge was boring and had really weird eyebrows. He looked like a Puerto Rican Bert.

Sylent Assasin: What can I say. You are correct. Kris gets the chick note and Meagan the guy vote. I have no idea why. Where I live douche bags who look like Kris are a dime a dozen and methed out tattoo chicks that look spacy are easy to find on the streets of downtown Dallas, but they probably can sing better than meagan.

As for Kelly Clarkson: Hmmmm....I dont mind that she gained weight it's just the horrible grandma outfit they put her in. She's a bit chunky not 75! I'm mean really Kelly dump your stylist.Yeah, I give famous folks heck when they chunk up cause they have everything available to them to prevent it. If I had all that money I would have the body of tyra banks before she fell in love with pie and ribs. Speaking of stylist this year AI must be taking clothes from the salvation army cause they have some of the most busted outfits this year! Half of the contestants look like they were drugged and dressed in the dark by Scott!!

Speaking of Scott, yeah you guys are so wrong for that, but it's true. Scott has that creepy dead behind the eyes look and the group performances seem a tid bit nerve racking and tense. I expect him to fall down any moment. Thats my whole motivation for watching AI this year! lol.

You know, I like old country. I can respect it. It was when country was country! Not this pop/rock crap. Dont get me wrong I love carrie Underwood, but that aint country to me. I like it old fashioned and more close to blue grass. I love blue grass. I want my country artist to sound like she is live and barefoot in the mountains of Virgina or something wearing a sack with 3 babies in her arms or if its a guy I want him to talk about drinking and working on his truck! No shaggy hair(yeah you Keith Urban!) No dressing like Paris Hilton(yeah you Taylor Swift!!). I need checkered prints, boots, cowboy hats, dirty jeans or fringed suites and neck ties darn it!

Hey, Everyone1

Agree or Disagree w/anything Ebony said here, Ya gotta give it to the Girl - One Great Post!

Thanks for the info on the 2 girls you mentioned, E. I wrote that down to check out. No point in commenting on anything much else - you said it all and better than I could. One thing: On country: I'll agree to disagree about some of the "new" country, but I loved your take! I was thinkin' the other day driving down Bandera Road...what would happen if someone did "Redneck Mother" or some old Moe & Joe on Idol?? What a party that would be ! Those that liked it would be drinkin' and those that didn't would be also.

Think I've found a new friend, Ebony........

Oh, yeah...while I'm here, I liked post from the Grey's Anatomy avatar too. GG....I stayed too long in "Idol Land" and now I'm braindead.

amaryllis88

[80]Mar 13, 2009
    • level: 20
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    Jorge was boring and had really weird eyebrows. He looked like a Puerto Rican Bert

I have to say how much I love reading your posts ebony! I have this huge sh*t grin on my face, and actually laugh out loud when I come across something that you wrote. I love how you also said you can find meth chicks in downtown Dallas, I know that one, especially if you find yourself in the "arts" district.