American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 2 Perform Finale Part 1 & Results Show Finale Pa

RyanSeacrest

[1]May 24, 2011
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here, & no where else in the forum!! ***Also please be advised that if you plan on DVR ing the Finale Results Show on Wednesday it WILL run over at least 7-10 mins, so set your DVR's accordingly***

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Aaerni

[2]May 24, 2011
    • level: 8

I can't believe it's finally down to the Final 2! This is gonna be so exciting, folks!

saphire382

[3]May 25, 2011
    • level: 5

lauren was hands down better than scotty in all the rounds. she did not even sound like anything was wrong with her voice.

cant wait to see who america votes for.

lauren should win

Nordan123

[4]May 25, 2011
    • level: 6

Really? A doctor on stage saying she "blew out" her vocal chords but FEAR NOT,we gave her "lots of medicine" and she's ready to go?

Oh well,at least the mama-hug didn't feel staged at all (irony).

Extremely boring song choices made it a snoozefest.

angeldeb82

[5]May 25, 2011
    • level: 12
    Here's a recap of what happened so far.

Round 1:
    Scotty - "Gone"
    Lauren - "Flat on the Floor"

Round 2:
    Scotty - "Check Yes or No"
    Lauren - "Maybe It Was Memphis"

Round 3:
    Scotty - "Love You This Big"
    Lauren - "Like My Mother Does"

Lauren and Scotty Duke It Out

saphire382

[6]May 25, 2011

Extremely boring song choices made it a snoozefest.

[/QUOTE]
    that is what happens when you hav an all country finish

Nordan123

[7]May 25, 2011

saphire382 wrote:
    that is what happens when you hav an all country finish

I had even prepared additional entertainment (had a piece of my lawn cut out and watched the grass grow while watching TV) but it didn't add as much as I hoped to the excitement.

And yes it had a country feel but even country has a lot more to offer songwise (I hope)?

Edited on 05/25/2011 8:51am

Peggy_Porcupine

[8]May 25, 2011
    • level: 13

Dating myself, I know, but the song the line "Watching Scotty Grow" kept going through my brain watching this. Having Bobby Goldsboro sing it would be neat! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G75cORqX_oQ

I am sure the judges are glad that they don't have to make the decision. The last 5 have been too close to call. Hats off to the two of them.

~ Peggy from Porcupine

Edited on 05/25/2011 9:58am

Larexx

[9]May 25, 2011
    • level: 11
    [QUOTE="Peggy_Porcupine"]

Dating myself, I know, but the song the line "Watching Scotty Grow" kept going through my brain watching this. Having Bobby Goldsboro sing it would be neat!

Wow, Bobby Goldsboro, that's a blast from the past. I loved "Honey" very sad song!

The Finale was just what I expected. All country doesn't have to mean all bad!

Round 1:
    Scotty McCreery: "Gone". His favorite of the season was a perfect Scotty song.
    Lauren Alaina: "Flat On The Floor". Was her favorite song. She apparently blew out a vocal chord but you'd never know when she sang.

Round 2;
    Scotty McCreery: "Check Yes Or No" from his idol George Strait. It was a cute song song well by guitar playing Scotty.
    Lauren Alaina: "Maybe It Was Memphis". I got a kick out of her gold glitter dress. It looked liked a cloggers outfit! Didn't know the song but felt it was well done.

Round 3:
    Scotty McCreery: "I Love You This Big" which would be his 1st single. It was a nice song, well sung.
    Lauren Alaina: "Like My Mother Does" which will be her 1st single. I thought it was a GREAT song & she sang it perfectly! She won with that song. It was the luck of the draw that she got the better song of the 2 new songs because I think it is the reason she will win tonight!

angeldeb82

[11]May 25, 2011
    Larexx wrote:
    Peggy_Porcupine wrote:
    Dating myself, I know, but the song the line "Watching Scotty Grow" kept going through my brain watching this. Having Bobby Goldsboro sing it would be neat!

Wow, Bobby Goldsboro, that's a blast from the past. I loved "Honey" very sad song!

The Finale was just what I expected. All country doesn't have to mean all bad!

Round 1:
    Scotty McCreery: "Gone". His favorite of the season was a perfect Scotty song.
    Lauren Alaina: "Flat On The Floor". Was her favorite song. She apparently blew out a vocal chord but you'd never know when she sang.

Round 2;
    Scotty McCreery: "Check Yes Or No" from his idol George Strait. It was a cute song song well by guitar playing Scotty.
    Lauren Alaina: "Maybe It Was Memphis". I got a kick out of her gold glitter dress. It looked liked a cloggers outfit! Didn't know the song but felt it was well done.

Round 3:
    Scotty McCreery: "I Love You This Big" which would be his 1st single. It was a nice song, well sung.
    Lauren Alaina: "Like My Mother Does" which will be her 1st single. I thought it was a GREAT song & she sang it perfectly! She won with that song. It was the luck of the draw that she got the better song of the 2 new songs because I think it is the reason she will win tonight!

Well, I hate to bust all of your bubbles, but Scotty (yes, THE Scotty) has won the American Idol competition.

Mich_Mari

[12]May 26, 2011
    • level: 4

I loved all of the performances! And the "most shocking elimination" was really funny - loved Casey's "Magazine said I was gonna win!" Steven was, of course, top of the show, not just because he was the reason, I even thought about watching AI. As for the results, I didn't really care who was gonna win out of these two, but I thought Lauren would be the one - simply because she was lot better than Scotty in yesterday's (boring) finale. But like I said, with this final two, it doesn't really matter..

saphire382

[13]May 26, 2011

i said it last week and i'm saying it again, they should hav just made scotty the american idol from the beginning and saved us all the trouble

Nordan123

[14]May 26, 2011

saphire382 wrote:

i said it last week and i'm saying it again, they should hav just made scotty the american idol from the beginning and saved us all the trouble

I'm actually surprised,I thought Lauren appealed to a much wider audience than Scott....and (to me anyway) she has a lot more potential as to what she can do with music.

So does it all boil down to the "teenage girls voting for teenage Scott"-syndrome?

saphire382

[15]May 26, 2011
    Nordan123 wrote:

saphire382 wrote:

I'm actually surprised,I thought Lauren appealed to a much wider audience than Scott....and (to me anyway) she has a lot more potential as to what she can do with music.

So does it all boil down to the "teenage girls voting for teenage Scott"-syndrome?

what i mean is the judges hav been shoving scotty in our faces from day 1
    lauren was hands down better than scotty

Peggy_Porcupine

[16]May 26, 2011
    • level: 13

I wonder, if the final had been between Haley and Scotty who would have won? I wonder how close the vote was between Scotty & Lauren.

Our newspaper said that Scotty didn't need to win - he just had to walk down to Nashville and would do better there than stuck with the rules and regs of AI. He went on to say that Lauren should win it because she needed the help. (Don't shoot the messenger!) He did have a point about Scotty, though. He would have a record contract even if he lost AI.

One thing I missed this year was the AI Awards - given to contestants (those funny ones). I still smile at the Clay Aiken look alike award scenario. That was well done.

~ Peggy from Porcupine

angeldeb82

[17]May 26, 2011
    Here's last night's recap. And let me tell you, big-name celebs were kind of a surprise.

Great Scotty!

melody3173

[18]May 26, 2011
    • level: 3

top 2 performance is just ok for me, solid, but not stellar. I so expect to hear a real in-it-to-win-it performance, since this the top 2 performance. oh well. Lauren's voice always comes out as a little weak for me, since the very beginning. but hey, the girl is only 17. her voice is still developing. give her time and some day she can be another Carrie Underwood. Scotty's voice is kind of rare for someone of his age.(heck, all of my friends who don't watch AI thought the voice is from a 40-year-old man LOL), but just like with Lauren, there is always inconsistency in his voice. However, this kid will definitely go far.

I don't know why many people bashing those kids. I mean they are just kids. really. be patient. give them time. you cannot expect a tree to grow in just one night right? what is important is that we find true talents, and give them oppotunities to shine. I think that is what really matters in reality shows like this, be it AI, the Xfactors, the voice, etc.

the finale is better than I expected. in fact, it is much better than last year. really enjoy haley's, james', scotty's and casey's performances.(the cutest thing i have ever seen. Casey and Jack Black=priceless. I LOL all the time and feel really happy). sooo many good performances. and those judges' videos are a mile better than last year. really!

to sum up, a good night tp wrap up a good, albeit not stellar season. can't wait for those kids' cds to come out. I really wish them best luck on their careers. can't wait to see the next season.

firefairyangel

[19]May 26, 2011
    I keep thinking that if Simon had been on the show, Scotty may not have even survived Hollywood. I remember he messed up his lyrics in one of the very early stages, and Simon has always said if you forget the words, you're going home. Scotty's been kind of shoved in our faces from the start, I'm not surprised that he won but I am disappointed. This season overall was disappointing for me, and easily the worst of all the ones I've seen (I've watched since season 3).

Nordan123

[20]May 26, 2011

saphire382 wrote:
    what i mean is the judges hav been shoving scotty in our faces from day 1 lauren was hands down better than scotty

I agree with you.

Scott has a great "deep countrymusic voice" but when he tried singing a little higher he sounds like me,in other words rather unspectacular hehe

But go figure,the judges thinks he's wonderful.I guess holding the microphone like a flute has its advantages.

Had he been crowned American Idol after the auditions at least I wouldn't be sick and tired of him.