American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 3 Perform & Results Show !!

RyanSeacrest

[1]May 18, 2011
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeldeb82

[2]May 19, 2011
    • level: 12
    Well, here's a recap of what happened so far.

Round 1:
    Scotty - "Amazed"
    Lauren - "Wild One" (Faith Hill)
    Haley - "What Is and What Should Never Be"

Round 2:
    Scotty - "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not"
    Lauren - "If I Die Young"
    Haley - "Rhiannon"

Round 3:
    Scotty - "She Believes in Me"
    Lauren - "I Hope You Dance"
    Haley - "You Oughtta Know"

Three for Three

Nordan123

[3]May 19, 2011
    • level: 6

angeldeb82 wrote:
    Well, here's a recap of what happened so far. Round 1: Scotty - "Amazed" Lauren - "Wild One" (Faith Hill) Haley - "What Is and What Should Never Be" Round 2: Scotty - "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not" Lauren - "If I Die Young" Haley - "Rhiannon" Round 3: Scotty - "She Believes in Me" Lauren - "I Hope You Dance" Haley - "You Oughtta Know" Three for Three

I believe you said it all,and here's a recap of your post.

Haley killed the first song,fall included,rest of the evening didn't impress me at all from any contestant.

Haley is the only one who dares putting on a show. Kudos to her dad too

Larexx

[4]May 19, 2011
    • level: 11

This week they had to sing 3 songs. The 1st was their choice, the 2nd from Jimmy Iovine & the 3rd song was the judges choice. Beyonce was their mentor this week. She loves everyone! I didn't really care for her new song/video. JLo's new album is a flop selling just 116k copies. I thought her new single "On The Floor" was stupid & I guess so does everyone else!

Scotty McCreery-"Amazed" by Lonestar. Not bad but I love the original by Bryan Adams (I think!). Next up was Jimmy Iovine's random choice of "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?" by Thompson Square. Theywill be playing a free concert where I live this summer-I may go! Scotty played the guitar this time & I thought he sang a good country song. JLo just loves this guy & asked him to shave his hair short again-really?! Randy declared he was "in it to win it". The judges chose, much to my amusement, Kenny Rogers "She Believes In Me". I thought he sang it well enough. Steven told him he "put it over the top". And how about his Dad's singing voice?! They sound alike-cute!

Lauren Alaina-"Wild One" by Faith Hill. She likes her big earrings. This time wearing big white flowers. I thought the song was too fast. It seemed hurried like she was rushing through it but she's still my favorite at this point! Steven told her she sang it "like you own it". Iovine picked another random song with "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry but I thought it was a beautiful song & I lovedher performance! I liked her black & white dress too. She apparently gotcaught up in the moment & lost modulation. The judges chose "I Hope You Dance" by Leeann Womack. It thought it was a perfect song choice-excellent! I loved her blue gown too! It gave JLo "goosies from head to toe".

Haley Reinhart-"What Is & What Should Never Be" by Led Zeppelin. Great song but can anyone else really do it justice?!! I thought it was a bad choice that couldn't compare to the original. Then the poor girl fell trying to work her way back to the stage. It was nice that they allowed her Dad to play guitar with the band for that number. Randy thought it was1 of her best performances ever! Her next song was "Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac-an immediate turnoff for me! But a good choice for her voice. I thought the softer beginning was better than the yelling end. I thought the wind machine effect was a bit cheesy! Randy commented on the wind too! JLo called it a "beautiful moment". The judges picked "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette. Another good choice for her unusual voice but it was so different I only recognized the chorus. I didn't like it! All 3 judges agreed she "nailed the chorus". The only part she got right IMHO!

I'm hoping it will be Haley that goes home tonight.

all4dogs

[5]May 19, 2011
    • level: 6

I could care less who goes home. I'm very disappointed in how this season has shaped up. The show should be renamed "Country Music Idol." I just don't understand how Scotty has advanced to the final 3. But, then again, I'm NOT a fan of country music. If Haley goes home tonight, I won't bother watching the finals. Tongue out

Peggy_Porcupine

[6]May 19, 2011
    • level: 13

I won't tell who went home but one comment on the announcement. I think that Ryan should tell which of the 2 women were safe first to make Scotty squirm a few minutes longer. Ryan loves the dramatics like opening mouth to announce the next person and then saying "after this commercial" so that would be a good way of announcing the final 2. Just my thoughts.

~ Peggy from Porcupine

haldrey

[7]May 19, 2011
    • level: 22
    I love country music, what I did not know was that so many did. I was rooting for the girls because even though I like Scotty when he is singing country he is a one way street, out of country there is not much left.

pamhalpert

[8]May 19, 2011
    • level: 14
    haldrey wrote:
    I love country music, what I did not know was that so many did. I was rooting for the girls because even though I like Scotty when he is singing country he is a one way street, out of country there is not much left.

I'm a die hard Country Music Fan, but I hate Scotty. He plays it safe every week, takes no chances, sings low enough to where you can't hear his flat voice. And lately, you can tell he thinks he is a sex symbol. Stop all the corny facial expressions, and body movements, and JUST SING!!!!

Mich_Mari

[9]May 20, 2011
    • level: 4

I didn't watch the performances yesterday, simply because after even James got voted off, there are officially no real winners left. Well, even though I liked Scotty and Lauren from the auditions, I don't think they should be in the final. If it was a lil' bit fair, Haley would be there instead of Scotty - appearently, mostly children watch this show. But I hoped, if Haley got voted off, she would sing "Bennie and the Jets". And I'm so glad she did. Not sure, if I'm gonna watch the final...

HappyGirl818

[10]May 20, 2011
    • level: 10

I'm so sad Haley went home. I've never voted for a contestant as much as I've voted for her over the last several weeks. It's just so disappointing; I basically feel no desire to watch the finale now. I could care less who wins.

angeldeb82

[11]May 20, 2011
    • level: 12
    It's now down to Scotty and Lauren. Gone Country

kevinroelofs

[12]May 20, 2011
    • level: 14

I think it is unbelievable that a season starting with such amazing talent (Casey, Paul, James, Pia and Hailey) ended on such a low with Scotty and Lauren in the finale. I will seriously not watch the performances next week, only the results show to see my favourites hit the stage again.

Hailey should have been in the final.

Edited on 05/20/2011 12:54pm

saphire382

[13]May 20, 2011
    • level: 5

what are people thinking. pia, james and now haley gone.terrible, terribleseason

they should have just named scotty the american idol from the beginning and saved us this heartache

TreeHill_89

[14]May 21, 2011
    • level: 32
    I was thinking when watching the results go tonight, wow who would of guessed that 3 months ago lauren and scotty would be in the final 2, Well not me. I half surprised half not about Lauren only because during Hollywood week they would single her out from time to time saying how amazing she was. But i don't remember watching their auditions, and Scotty? I'm surprised his the final guy standing when you had great talent like James Casey. Out of the two i'd properly want to see Lauren win. Is it just me or is this season reminding everyone of season 5?? !