American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Thread For The Top 3 Perform & The Results Show!!

RyanSeacrest

[1]May 12, 2009
    • level: 30
    Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!! Also for those that tivo, please be advised that the performance show will end at 9:04 eastern time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dool_girl

[2]May 12, 2009
    • level: 27
    Okay my mouth literally dropped when Kris Allen said he was going to perform Heartless...i seriously turned to my mom and said "well there goes his chances in the final 2" WOW! is all i can say. That was amazing! I totally agree with Randy in saying that I liked it better then the orginal! Couldnt beleive it!

GO KRIS!

terminoob

[3]May 12, 2009
    • level: 17
    I think Kris killed his chances with his first performance, but at least he redeemed himself with Heartless. When he said that I almost turned my TV off, because I knew it was going to be a disaster, but, after the first few seconds I was proved wrong. But, even with that performance, we'll most likely be saying good bye to Kris tomorrow, but I'm really hoping Danny goes instead....

My_Dog_Misty

[4]May 12, 2009
    • level: 13
    I honestly don't know how Randy could even say Kris' version was better than Kanye's... It was great for Kris, but I don't think ANYTHING ever comes close to beating the original..

I was expecting more from tonight, too. I mean, all three of the contestants were amazing through most of the season, but I was honestly let down by all the performances tonight..

Maybe I set my own bar too high.

XxIcingOnTopxX

[5]May 12, 2009
    • level: 11
    favourite:Kris
    Prediction of top 2 : Adam/Danny

When he said Hearltess, I was like.. how is he going to pull that off? I liked it, it might take him to the finals, but his chances are slim. Wasn't really blown away by Adam or Danny, which was a disappointment.

KamakaLo

[6]May 12, 2009
    • level: 22
    Kris was awesome ! At least he did something different so even if he does go which most think he will.. he went out on a good note!

I thought Adam was good w/ crying but imo the other singers singing in there ruined it for me.

Danny was good.. It was Danny.

loveindubitably

[7]May 12, 2009
    • level: 9

Danny's first performance was terrible--it showed he has no control over his vocals. His second performance, while terribly corny was a little better. Neither were good enough to prove to me why he should deserve a place in the finals next week. The thing about him is that his singing shows no growth--he hasn't changed from the semifinals in the slightest.

Kris stumbled a bit with "Apologize". I too thought he should've played it acoustic (can't believe I'm agreeing with Kara) but taking into account that "Heartless" (which was beyond spectacular)was also an acoustic piece, I suppose he didn't want to do two "soft" songs, so to speak. "Heartless" was FANTASTIC. I worried a few seconds before he performed because I was afraid he'd simply be using the Fray's arrangement but he really made it incredibly original. Of the three, I still prefer The Fray's version but I loved his take on it...definitely a song I would buy. Maybe Adam has the unique voice out of the three but Kris, without a doubt, is the unique artist.

Adam was good. Was he great? No. He's gotten a bit predictable for me at this point. Has anyone else noticed he's fallen into a pattern of alternating loud, falsetto-necessary, energetic songs (Crying, Play That Funky Music, etc.) with soft, moody, quiet songs (Mad World, One, If I Can't Have You). In any case, he's a shoo-in tomorrow no matter what Simon's going on about...I have a feeling most Allison voters will now be calling Adam's lines.

PRAYING FOR A KRIS-ADAM FINALE. I don't think I can handle another week of Danny's Velveeta-dripping songs.

Edited on 05/12/2009 6:42pm
    Edited 3 total times.

simpsonian100

[8]May 12, 2009
    • level: 12

It was definitely a competitive night of performances. I thought Randy and Kara's choice for Kris was bad. I would not have picked One Republic, but "Stop and Stare" would have been better for him, if One Republic must get picked. His performance of "Heartless" was good and better than the original because Kris's voice wasn't electronically enhanced, where Kanye's voice is fake in that song. I could go on to talk about how much I hate him, but I'll just say Kris did a good job improving that song. Danny was solid tonight, but I wasn't too hot on Paula's choice for that song either. It was a decent choice and he pulled it off vocally. His second performance was fantastic! He should be in the finals along with Adam. Adam did a great job on "One," which was a great song choice on Simon's part. His performance of "Cryin" was too over the top for me. I still voted for him and I think he should still make it.

Now, I'm gonna have a little fun. If I were a judge and got to pick for them, here's what they'd sing:

Kris Allen: City and Color- Sleeping Sickness

Danny Gokey: Marc Cohn- Walking in Memphis

Adam Lambert: Queen- Bohemian Rhapsody

imthemediagirl

[9]May 12, 2009
    • level: 12
    loveindubitably wrote:

Has anyone else noticed he's fallen into a pattern of alternating loud, falsetto-necessary, energetic songs (Crying, Play That Funky Music, etc.) with soft, moody, quiet songs (Mad World, One, If I Can't Have You).

definitely noticed, and its quite annoying. i want him to change it up by... not changing it up so much! i mean really, instead of up down up down go SIDEWAYS!

buffyangel4evr_

[10]May 12, 2009
    • level: 20

Firstly, I have to say that I have really had it with Kara this season. I seriously almost went through the TV at her. If we were in the same room, I would have knocked her out! Tonight Kara was sooooo annoying. And condescending! What she said to Simon and then the fake British accent. Pffft! *finished rant*

Danny-- Judges' choice, Paula chose Terence Trent Darby's Dance Little Sister. I liked Danny's great energy. And Kara, you don't have to be a great dancer in order to be a great singer. Look at Carrie Underwood. Personal choice, Joe cocker's You Are So Beautiful. YES! The perfect song for Danny's st yle and voice! He was amazing! He went back to that Bob Carlisle stlye that I fell in love with months ago. Pefection!

Kris-- Judges' choice, Randy and Kara chose One Republic's Apologize. Kris didn't change the song up much. I thought his performance was strong. I didn't catch the bum note. Personal choice, Kanye West's Heartless. I'm not a big fan on hip-hop, so I can't say if I've everr heard the song. I loved Kris' stripped down version of the song. I would buy the single, it was great.

Adam--Judges' choice, Simon chose U2's One. Hmmmm. I wasn't overwhelmed by the song. It was good, not great for me. Personal choice, Aerosmith's Crazy. Again, I wasn't groovin' to it. I don't know, I truely wasn't liking Adam too much tonight. And I am a fan. "One" was just okay for me. And "Crazy", I thought was way too shouty. *sighs*

It's gonna be a tough one and hearbreaking as well. Honestly, Adam will sail through. ESPECIALLY, since he got the prime spot of performing last. I smell something. No prediction.

dool_girl

[11]May 12, 2009
    • level: 27
    ^^ I agree Kara was extremely annoying tonight. IDK who will be through. I mean Im positive Adam will sail through, but its gonna be close between Danny and Kris!

yaminion

[12]May 12, 2009
    • level: 23
    may i say that kris is the most improved contestant ever on idol. to think he hardly any screen time before the top 36 and make the final 3 anyway is absolutely incredible. he is a great man. i feel as though adam and the gokey had no growth. they started off at a high level. kris is such an underdog. i would love to see him win. that would be amazing. i think he may go home tomorrow but if he does, he should feel proud of making the top 3. kris did so well with heartless and apologize. i like how whe showed us who he would be as an artist. he is very current. i am so proud of him.

PVRAddict

[13]May 12, 2009
    • level: 4

Ok, Danny....why is he still here? After tonight and especially last week. He should go country with his song selections, someone said Walking In Memphis in this thread.

Adam sounded like a drag queen in both of his outings, although I have loved SOME of his performances but he is just screaming too much now. I see him as a drag queen doing Diana Ross now. I actually think he could have done better with apologize.

Kris, well this is the most commercially viable artist and can outsell both of these artists if he is packaged properly. He did apologize because thats what they asked for. They didn't say lets see your take on the song they said we would like to see you perform this song because we think it is suited to you, so why would he then change it? Why would he do apologize accoustically if he already planned on doing heartless like that, he would look stupid doing both songs the same way, plus he got to play the piano and the guitar in the same episode, amazing.

Randy probably thought Kris' version was better than Kanye's because Kanye performed this song horribly earlier in the season. The judges screwed the song choices up except for Simon.

Edited on 05/12/2009 9:45pm

KamakaLo

[14]May 13, 2009
    • level: 22
    I'm a fan of Adam but maybe that is why I haven't been feeling him lately? cause its all so predictable? we already know what to expect, he's the chosen one, and he's most likely going to win. I also feel that a lot of what he sings isn't current or him... ? oh but his 'crawl thru fire' is hot!

And Danny? again he's just that Danny.. predictable !! I mean at least with Kris you don't really know what to expect sometimes. Who would have thought he'd take on a Kanye West song? and make it great. I can't believe Simon would say he isn't good 'enough' to be in the finals w/ Adam

stellarchick86

[15]May 13, 2009
    • level: 32
    loveindubitably wrote:
    Danny's first performance was terrible--it showed he has no control over his vocals. His second performance, while terribly corny was a little better. Neither were good enough to prove to me why he should deserve a place in the finals next week. The thing about him is that his singing shows no growth--he hasn't changed from the semifinals in the slightest. Kris stumbled a bit with "Apologize". I too thought he should've played it acoustic (can't believe I'm agreeing with Kara) but taking into account that "Heartless" (which was beyond spectacular)was also an acoustic piece, I suppose he didn't want to do two "soft" songs, so to speak. "Heartless" was FANTASTIC. I worried a few seconds before he performed because I was afraid he'd simply be using the Fray's arrangement but he really made it incredibly original. Of the three, I still prefer The Fray's version but I loved his take on it...definitely a song I would buy. Maybe Adam has the unique voice out of the three but Kris, without a doubt, is the unique artist. Adam was good. Was he great? No. He's gotten a bit predictable for me at this point. Has anyone else noticed he's fallen into a pattern of alternating loud, falsetto-necessary, energetic songs (Crying, Play That Funky Music, etc.) with soft, moody, quiet songs (Mad World, One, If I Can't Have You). In any case, he's a shoo-in tomorrow no matter what Simon's going on about...I have a feeling most Allison voters will now be calling Adam's lines. PRAYING FOR A KRIS-ADAM FINALE. I don't think I can handle another week of Danny's Velveeta-dripping songs.

I agree with EVERY SINGLE thing you said. The only thing I cant agree on honestly is when you said The Frays version is better because Im pretty sure Ive never heard it :blush: (though I do like The Fray, and Kanyes version of the song). But everything else was so dead on so Im just going to copy what you wrote and it will just go double for me as well.

bonjovichick

[16]May 13, 2009
    • level: 16

Ok I just don't get it...... I really don't get it. I watch the show and then wonder if other people are watching the same show as I am. Adam was not very good last night and why he is treated like he has already won the show is annoying me. My daughter who is a huge fan of Adam's made me fast forward through crying when he screeched a couple of notes and then hit one real sharp in the song. I wasn't enjoying it again because being a fan of Aerosmith I really can't here someone butcher their song. Rock and Roll singers like Steven Tyler, Freddy Mercury, Robert Plant ... all these people he tries to sing have great voices and his screeching performances ruin the songs and make it a bad performance. Don't get me wrong he has had some awesome performances and I think he could be a rock singer if he playe his own songs and dithced the screeching. However my point is those performances were not the best I ever heard in my life and those judges sit there and kiss his butt over and over again.

In my opinion Danny should go home however as I didn't like either of his perfomances and I think he was the weakest of the night. While we might be in the minority both my daughter and I thought Kris was the best. I hope we are right and the judges are wrong. Just like last year when they declared Archie the winner. If the judges want to pick the winners then take the voting out of it but then get some judges who have an ear for music. Maybe the only thing I can think of is that it sounds way different there in person. I do remember last year Simon saying the night of the final results that he went home and rewatched the show and think he might of been wrong about who was better. However I just assumed he new that Cook have slaughtered Archie and was trying to save face. However that doesn't really explain why people posting think Adam sounded great. Perhaps they are people who think that is what rock music is suppose to sounds like? Not trying to be rude but really trying to understand how those perfomances were deemed great.

heavenly_vixen

[17]May 13, 2009
    • level: 3

Personally I think the winner of this series has already been decided and it definately wasn't done by the public. How Adam continues to be praised week after week for what is essentially the same performance baffles me. Not to mention that 'note' he keeps hitting, it's a scream people, a wail, nothing musical about it at all. If the criteria for making the top three on Idol was who could scream the best, than someone please get Jamie Lee Curtis on that stage, her 'performance' in Halloween is something for Adam to envy.

Danny Gokey should be the winner of American Idol this season, sadly however, I don't believe this will happen. The powers that be have already chosen Adam and the judges comments over the last few weeks have done nothing to change my mind in that regard.

No matter who you vote for America, the winner will be Adam Lambert. You know the one, the guy with a tan that makes Paris Hilton's skin look natural and wears more make-up than Tammy Faye Baker and Dolly Parton combined. Who's performances every week consist of wailing and screaming the lyrics to songs as he moves around the stage like he's already won the competition.

I'm aware that my opinion will most likely be met with ridicule and abuse, but guess what, America has the freedom of speech and I'll probably never be on this forum again, so feel free to flame away.

The really sad thing about all this is that there have been and still is very talented people competing in this 'talent' show. It's unfortunate that people such as Danny, Kris, Allison, Scott, Matt, Megan, Michael and Alexis never stood a chance of winning this competition. They showed true talent throughout the competition, admittedly some more than others, and I would have enjoyed hearing more from them if they'd been given the chance.

Time will only tell what's to come next week. I don't believe that Kris or Danny have a chance of winning this competition, and it has nothing to do with who is the best singer, or the greatest talent, because if that were the case the new American Idol would be Danny Gokey and the announcement would be made with both Danny and Kris on that stage. However, saying that, Danny has a future in the recording industry ahead of him, a very bright future. As does Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta and many others who competed this year. Adam Lambert, I'm sorry, but I don't think he's got a future. As soon as the shine wears off, and it will wear off, there will be nothing left. Try Broadway Adam. I think you stand a really good chance at winning a Tony one year for a rock opera, but there are no grammy's in your future.

stantonyse

[18]May 13, 2009
    • level: 2
    heavenly_vixen wrote:

Personally I think the winner of this series has already been decided and it definately wasn't done by the public. How Adam continues to be praised week after week for what is essentially the same performance baffles me. Not to mention that 'note' he keeps hitting, it's a scream people, a wail, nothing musical about it at all. If the criteria for making the top three on Idol was who could scream the best, than someone please get Jamie Lee Curtis on that stage, her 'performance' in Halloween is something for Adam to envy.

Danny Gokey should be the winner of American Idol this season, sadly however, I don't believe this will happen. The powers that be have already chosen Adam and the judges comments over the last few weeks have done nothing to change my mind in that regard.

No matter who you vote for America, the winner will be Adam Lambert. You know the one, the guy with a tan that makes Paris Hilton's skin look natural and wears more make-up than Tammy Faye Baker and Dolly Parton combined. Who's performances every week consist of wailing and screaming the lyrics to songs as he moves around the stage like he's already won the competition.

I'm aware that my opinion will most likely be met with ridicule and abuse, but guess what, America has the freedom of speech and I'll probably never be on this forum again, so feel free to flame away.

The really sad thing about all this is that there have been and still is very talented people competing in this 'talent' show. It's unfortunate that people such as Danny, Kris, Allison, Scott, Matt, Megan, Michael and Alexis never stood a chance of winning this competition. They showed true talent throughout the competition, admittedly some more than others, and I would have enjoyed hearing more from them if they'd been given the chance.

Time will only tell what's to come next week. I don't believe that Kris or Danny have a chance of winning this competition, and it has nothing to do with who is the best singer, or the greatest talent, because if that were the case the new American Idol would be Danny Gokey and the announcement would be made with both Danny and Kris on that stage. However, saying that, Danny has a future in the recording industry ahead of him, a very bright future. As does Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta and many others who competed this year. Adam Lambert, I'm sorry, but I don't think he's got a future. As soon as the shine wears off, and it will wear off, there will be nothing left. Try Broadway Adam. I think you stand a really good chance at winning a Tony one year for a rock opera, but there are no grammy's in your future.

i gotta admit that you said almost everything on my mnd ! Seriously, Adam is too overrated, i cant believe the judges made hm sound like he's the winner.

bonjovichick

[19]May 13, 2009
    • level: 16
    I agree with everything you said expect that in my opinion if the best person won it would be Kris! Danny I think has a bright country future but other than a few cross over Carrie hits I don't do country and I don't see him fitting in a genre that I like. Even though I am a rocker chick I do like some stripped down stuff like Kris does and his voice is awesome. Adam could be a good front man for a rock band but he does need to learn to sing his songs and not screech them. This is about the third or fourth (mayne more) time on this show's history I was waiting for Steven Tyler to come out and b*tch slap a person for ruining his song. For good measure he could slap up Kara about being so dumb about Dream On and where it came in their career. When Adam said what song he was going to sing I said to my daughter (very sarcastically) that oh look Kara will be happy that Adam is singing an early Aerosmith song.

writergirl06

[20]May 13, 2009
    • level: 10
    bonjovichick wrote:

Ok I just don't get it...... I really don't get it. I watch the show and then wonder if other people are watching the same show as I am. Adam was not very good last night and why he is treated like he has already won the show is annoying me. My daughter who is a huge fan of Adam's made me fast forward through crying when he screeched a couple of notes and then hit one real sharp in the song. I wasn't enjoying it again because being a fan of Aerosmith I really can't here someone butcher their song. Rock and Roll singers like Steven Tyler, Freddy Mercury, Robert Plant ... all these people he tries to sing have great voices and his screeching performances ruin the songs and make it a bad performance. Don't get me wrong he has had some awesome performances and I think he could be a rock singer if he playe his own songs and dithced the screeching. However my point is those performances were not the best I ever heard in my life and those judges sit there and kiss his butt over and over again.

In my opinion Danny should go home however as I didn't like either of his perfomances and I think he was the weakest of the night. While we might be in the minority both my daughter and I thought Kris was the best. I hope we are right and the judges are wrong. Just like last year when they declared Archie the winner. If the judges want to pick the winners then take the voting out of it but then get some judges who have an ear for music. Maybe the only thing I can think of is that it sounds way different there in person. I do remember last year Simon saying the night of the final results that he went home and rewatched the show and think he might of been wrong about who was better. However I just assumed he new that Cook have slaughtered Archie and was trying to save face. However that doesn't really explain why people posting think Adam sounded great. Perhaps they are people who think that is what rock music is suppose to sounds like? Not trying to be rude but really trying to understand how those perfomances were deemed great.

I don't know what you were watching, but me and my mom (who are both really big Aerosmith fans-- she's seen them at least five times in concert-- and really big rock music fans) thought that not only was Adam's performance spot-on, but he did an amazing job as well. We thought he nailed every note and I don't know where you get the idea he was "screeching". Perhaps you're confusing this performance with Gokey's "scream heard 'round the world" last week? And how could you NOT think his Led Zeppelin performance was amazing? NO ONE does Led Zeppelin and not only did he nail it, but he also sounded like himself not someone just copying how Robert Plant sings.