American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 3 Perform & The Results Show!!

dool_girl

[21]May 13, 2009
    • level: 27
    bonjovichick wrote:

While we might be in the minority both my daughter and I thought Kris was the best. I hope we are right and the judges are wrong. Just like last year when they declared Archie the winner.

Coulnt agree more! I dont think your in the minority...maybe here on the boards me and you are, but I know a lot of people that are team Kris too!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeldeb82

[22]May 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:

Firstly, I have to say that I have really had it with Kara this season. I seriously almost went through the TV at her. If we were in the same room, I would have knocked her out! Tonight Kara was sooooo annoying. And condescending! What she said to Simon and then the fake British accent. Pffft! *finished rant*

Danny-- Judges' choice, Paula chose Terence Trent Darby's Dance Little Sister. I liked Danny's great energy. And Kara, you don't have to be a great dancer in order to be a great singer. Look at Carrie Underwood. Personal choice, Joe cocker's You Are So Beautiful. YES! The perfect song for Danny's st yle and voice! He was amazing! He went back to that Bob Carlisle stlye that I fell in love with months ago. Pefection!

Kris-- Judges' choice, Randy and Kara chose One Republic's Apologize. Kris didn't change the song up much. I thought his performance was strong. I didn't catch the bum note. Personal choice, Kanye West's Heartless. I'm not a big fan on hip-hop, so I can't say if I've everr heard the song. I loved Kris' stripped down version of the song. I would buy the single, it was great.

Adam--Judges' choice, Simon chose U2's One. Hmmmm. I wasn't overwhelmed by the song. It was good, not great for me. Personal choice, Aerosmith's Crazy. Again, I wasn't groovin' to it. I don't know, I truely wasn't liking Adam too much tonight. And I am a fan. "One" was just okay for me. And "Crazy", I thought was way too shouty. *sighs*

It's gonna be a tough one and hearbreaking as well. Honestly, Adam will sail through. ESPECIALLY, since he got the prime spot of performing last. I smell something. No prediction.

Um, I believe that Adam's second performance is Aerosmith's "Cryin'", NOT "Crazy"!

amaryllis88

[23]May 13, 2009
    • level: 20
    Paula's choice for Danny: Didn't like it, I thought maybe she should've chosen a more modern song for him to sing, no offense to people that love Darby's music, but it just didn't seem to fit..and we've had that problem this season where the contestants seem to be picking songs that just aren't right for them..and now the judges go and do the same thing!

I'm not a fan of Kris, but I will say that I enjoyed both of his performances last night, both "I Apologize," and I was very skeptical as to how he was going to "sing" "Heartless," ---I was wondering if he'd found a synthesizer to alter his voice...but he turned out to do a good job with it. Although at points I was distracted by his mouth shifting, but if you didn't look at him, he sang it really well.

Adam, and Simon goin thru his speil about having to call Bono to get rights to sing the song...I'm sure Bono has loved the publicity, and the amount of d/l's his song is gonna get now that Adam has sung it. Interesting to find out who will be going home tonight.

all4dogs

[24]May 13, 2009
    • level: 6

I thought last night all the guys did a fantastic job. At this point, any one of them can win or lose. Each of the guys has a fan base who will vote for them regardless of their performance. It all comes down to personal choice.

Danny - I'll admit the guy is very talented. I wasn't thrilled w/Paula's pick of "Dance Little Sister." Danny did an excellent job w/it. I just didn't like the song for him. His rendition of "You Are So Beautiful" was awesome. That being said, I just didn't enjoy his performance as much as Adam & Kris'.

Kris - His "Apologize" performance was good, but not utterly fantastic. The first time I listened to "Heartless," I was underwhelmed. I went back and listened again...this time closing my eyes so I didn't have to watch his mouth movements. I was much more impressed the 2nd time around. I still like The Fray's rendition better, but Kris did a great job with the song. That being said, his voice has a hint of country twang. This is what puts me off. However, I realize this is purely personal preference. Kris deserves a spot in the final 2.

Adam - Okay. I'll admit that Adam is my fave. However, I try to remain objective in my critique. I thought he knocked both songs out of the park. Rather than jumping to conclusions, I listened to both songs again. I liked them even more the 2nd time around. His rendition of "One" was wonderfully unique. And, he did Steven Tyler proud with "Crazy." I disagree with those who said he failed last night. I think Adam has been the most consistent performer in the competition. And, I don't think he's a shoe-in to win. Last year, I would have sworn David Archuleta was going to win. I was pleasantly surprised when David Cook took the #1 spot. I believe Adam deserves a spot in the final 2. And, I "hope" he wins. But, ultimately it's up to the votes. And, people either love him or hate him.

Okay, I will have to say that Kara is driving me crazy too. At the beginning of the season I thought she brought a fresh perspective to the competition. But now, she rambunctiously talks over the other judges and rambles on and on and on and on...as if her opinion is the only one that matters. She needs to take a Xanax before the show.

I won't give any predictions, but I hope the final 2 are Adam & Kris.

bonjovichick

[25]May 13, 2009
    • level: 16

[/QUOTE] I don't know what you were watching, but me and my mom (who are both really big Aerosmith fans-- she's seen them at least five times in concert-- and really big rock music fans) thought that not only was Adam's performance spot-on, but he did an amazing job as well. We thought he nailed every note and I don't know where you get the idea he was "screeching". Perhaps you're confusing this performance with Gokey's "scream heard 'round the world" last week? And how could you NOT think his Led Zeppelin performance was amazing? NO ONE does Led Zeppelin and not only did he nail it, but he also sounded like himself not someone just copying how Robert Plant sings.[/QUOTE]

I have seen Aerosmith at least 25 times from the late 70's until as recent as last year. Led Zepplin probably 6 or 7 and Queen a few times and Adam does not do those songs justice at all. Honestly you are the only person I have heard that would call themseleves a fan of their music that liked Adam's performance. I assumed there were some but I have talked to many people who are fans and not one of those people had anything positive to say about his performance.

There were definite screeching moments in both the songs yesterday. Not anything as bad as Danny and Dream On but bad.

I do agree that nobodu does Led Zepplin and that statement still stands in my mind after seeing Adam try.

buffyangel4evr_

[26]May 13, 2009

angeldeb82 wrote:
    Um, I believe that Adam's second performance is Aerosmith's "Cryin'", NOT "Crazy"!

Oops, my bad. I think I was distracted by the fact that Adam was screaming throughout 90% of the song.

buffyangel4evr_

[27]May 13, 2009
    bonjovichick wrote:

Ok I just don't get it...... I really don't get it. I watch the show and then wonder if other people are watching the same show as I am. Adam was not very good last night and why he is treated like he has already won the show is annoying me. My daughter who is a huge fan of Adam's made me fast forward through crying when he screeched a couple of notes and then hit one real sharp in the song. I wasn't enjoying it again because being a fan of Aerosmith I really can't here someone butcher their song. Rock and Roll singers like Steven Tyler, Freddy Mercury, Robert Plant ... all these people he tries to sing have great voices and his screeching performances ruin the songs and make it a bad performance. Don't get me wrong he has had some awesome performances and I think he could be a rock singer if he playe his own songs and dithced the screeching. However my point is those performances were not the best I ever heard in my life and those judges sit there and kiss his butt over and over again.

In my opinion Danny should go home however as I didn't like either of his perfomances and I think he was the weakest of the night. While we might be in the minority both my daughter and I thought Kris was the best. I hope we are right and the judges are wrong. Just like last year when they declared Archie the winner. If the judges want to pick the winners then take the voting out of it but then get some judges who have an ear for music. Maybe the only thing I can think of is that it sounds way different there in person. I do remember last year Simon saying the night of the final results that he went home and rewatched the show and think he might of been wrong about who was better. However I just assumed he new that Cook have slaughtered Archie and was trying to save face. However that doesn't really explain why people posting think Adam sounded great. Perhaps they are people who think that is what rock music is suppose to sounds like? Not trying to be rude but really trying to understand how those perfomances were deemed great.

Agree with you 100% on Adam's perfomance of the Aerosmith song, Cryin'. I forced myself to watch the whole performance, don't know why. I guess we can agree to disagree on Danny. He's been my favorite since day one. I think he would be great doing a Christian type album, like Bob Carlisle. That's who he reminds me so much of.

taillow22

[28]May 13, 2009
    • level: 11

This is just out of curiousity - does anyone believe there is any chance of a Kris/Danny finale? I am NOT saying I want that (cause I DON'T!) I'm just wondering....

I DO have a prediction for who's in the finale, but I don't want to jinx it all...lol.

Larexx

[29]May 13, 2009

As an original rocker chick myself, I have to agree that Adam is a 2nd rate rocker at best. When he started singing One I thought his voice was just beautiful then he went into that 2nd rate rocker screech with his tongue hanging out that just turned me off completely! If he just sang the song, I'd be a fan too. With Crying he screamed & screeched the whole entire song and that echo singing in the beginning was so distracting. I really didn't like it at all! I also agree that the judges have crowned Adam Lambert the winner. But I don't believe his win is written in stone because I have faith in the American people who usually make the right decision in the end! I've always liked Danny Gokey & hope that he will be in the final two. The same with Kris Allen. I have liked him from the beginning & he has consistently & happily surprised me with his performances week after week. He has earned & DESERVES to be in the final 2.

angeldeb82

[30]May 13, 2009
    all4dogs wrote:

I thought last night all the guys did a fantastic job. At this point, any one of them can win or lose. Each of the guys has a fan base who will vote for them regardless of their performance. It all comes down to personal choice.

Danny - I'll admit the guy is very talented. I wasn't thrilled w/Paula's pick of "Dance Little Sister." Danny did an excellent job w/it. I just didn't like the song for him. His rendition of "You Are So Beautiful" was awesome. That being said, I just didn't enjoy his performance as much as Adam & Kris'.

Kris - His "Apologize" performance was good, but not utterly fantastic. The first time I listened to "Heartless," I was underwhelmed. I went back and listened again...this time closing my eyes so I didn't have to watch his mouth movements. I was much more impressed the 2nd time around. I still like The Fray's rendition better, but Kris did a great job with the song. That being said, his voice has a hint of country twang. This is what puts me off. However, I realize this is purely personal preference. Kris deserves a spot in the final 2.

Adam - Okay. I'll admit that Adam is my fave. However, I try to remain objective in my critique. I thought he knocked both songs out of the park. Rather than jumping to conclusions, I listened to both songs again. I liked them even more the 2nd time around. His rendition of "One" was wonderfully unique. And, he did Steven Tyler proud with "Crazy." I disagree with those who said he failed last night. I think Adam has been the most consistent performer in the competition. And, I don't think he's a shoe-in to win. Last year, I would have sworn David Archuleta was going to win. I was pleasantly surprised when David Cook took the #1 spot. I believe Adam deserves a spot in the final 2. And, I "hope" he wins. But, ultimately it's up to the votes. And, people either love him or hate him.

Okay, I will have to say that Kara is driving me crazy too. At the beginning of the season I thought she brought a fresh perspective to the competition. But now, she rambunctiously talks over the other judges and rambles on and on and on and on...as if her opinion is the only one that matters. She needs to take a Xanax before the show.

I won't give any predictions, but I hope the final 2 are Adam & Kris.

I think you mean "Cryin'" for Adam's second performance.

terminoob

[31]May 13, 2009
    • level: 17
    Woo! Kris/Adam finale! Can't believe Danny was only in the bottom tonight, and not any other night... Oh well, any combination finale would've been great, but at least this one will be close. Here's to a terrific finale next week

angeldeb82

[32]May 13, 2009
    I was just so ticked off that Kris was chosen first. At least Adam got chosen to compete with him in the finale, but I'm just sad to see Danny go. So much for a Danny-Adam finale.

dool_girl

[33]May 13, 2009
    • level: 27
    terminoob wrote:
    Woo! Kris/Adam finale! Can't believe Danny was only in the bottom tonight, and not any other night... Oh well, any combination finale would've been great, but at least this one will be close. Here's to a terrific finale next week

Completely agree!!! I wish Danny the best, and I am sure we will here from him...but omg next week is gonna be awesome!

XxIcingOnTopxX

[34]May 13, 2009
    I liked the top 2, but I never knew it would happen! Once Kris was called first, I knew that it would be Kris/Adam. Now I don't care who wins, I liked them both, and I know Danny will have a good future.

KamakaLo

[35]May 13, 2009
    • level: 22
    YAY! I'm so happy for Kris! He truly is the american idol in my eyes.

dennisdilov

[36]May 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    Yay, im happy with the final two. Danny was very full of himself and honestly if he did win the show, he would have been un-successful. i think the label would make him songs that he wont be comfortable with. Now he can become an R&B/Gospel singer!

yaminion

[37]May 13, 2009
    • level: 23
    KRIS ALLEN FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bonjovichick

[38]May 13, 2009
    • level: 16

Wow I am so happy with that result. That has been my dream final two for awhile. I think I have flipped to liking Kris best for several weeks now but Adam has some talent. He really just needs to not over do it. Kris is consistent and very talented.

I was thinking after that result Kris might have a pretty good shot? My reasoning is that a Danny voter is probably more apt to become a Kris voter. Just a theory and I could be way off. Wondering what anyone else thinks on this? Or current Danny voters will you vote for Kris, Adam or neither or will you base it off their performances on Tuesday? Hmm maybe I will start a poll and ask?

triciam-123

[39]May 13, 2009
    • level: 4

dennisdilov wrote:
    Yay, im happy with the final two. Danny was very full of himself and honestly if he did win the show, he would have been un-successful. i think the label would make him songs that he wont be comfortable with. Now he can become an R&B/Gospel singer!

wow, i completely disagree.. what makes you think danny is "full of himself" and would have been un-successful if he won?! he never showed any sign of being a stuck-up throughout the show, and i definitely believe he will still be successful..

TopSail

[40]May 13, 2009
    • level: 4
    I thought Adam Lambert's songs were okay but they didn't completely WOW me. Does anyone else think that Adam should sing "Don't Stop Believin" by Journey? The first time I heard his voice that song came to mind and since then I've been wanting to hear him sing it! Then last night that song played in a promo of "Glee" and I was picturing Adam's voice to it He could totally rock it and amp up the high notes! Am I alone in this? Opinions?