American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 3 Perform & The Results Show!!

SludgeVohaul

[61]May 14, 2009
    • level: 7
    LikeFineWine wrote:
    okay, is it just me. . . .but why was Katie Perry allowed to have Adam Lamberts name on the back of her cape when she performed. . . I thought that was so unfair to the other contestants.

You mean other "contestant" in singular form. Kris is the only one left.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SludgeVohaul

[62]May 14, 2009
    • level: 7
    I'm not necessarily surprised at all the people posting that are upset with Adam Lambert making it to the final, music and singing is very dependent on if you like someone or not. I am surprised that so many are claiming that Adam is not a good singer or artist though. If nothing else he has to be given credit for some of tne most unique arrangements ever on any season of American Idol.

This season was much the same for me as last year. I felt like everyone was going on and on about David Archuleta, while I was such a huge fan of David Cook. Now, while I thought David A. had a good voice, most of his arrangements were very karoake for me because he sang the same voice every time, while David C. completely changed it up.

The same goes for me this season. Danny Gokey has a very good voice, but he mainly made very minor changes to his songs. Kris Allen tries a little harder, but no matter how many times Paula Abdul says he changes songs for himself, I just don't feel it from him. With Adam Lambert, he definitely has talent to make a songe his own arrangement. For me, so many American Idol contestants seem like karaoke to me (though very well sung karaoke) because that's how the competition works. They sing other singers songs. But when Adam sings at least I know I'm going to get a very different and unique version, which is the only thing that makes the show interesting for me.

Larexx

[63]May 14, 2009
    • level: 11
    I was sooo glad they announced Kris Allen was the 1st to make it into the finals. I was hoping Danny Gokey would make it too but now I know that I will be rooting for Kris to win next week. Adam DOES have talent if he would just sing! His last few lines of The Star Spangled Banner while home was beautifully done. I don't like the screeching & he won't be getting my votes because of it!

Larexx

[64]May 14, 2009
    Oh, 1 more thing. Katy Perry's white outfit last night was supposed to be a scaled down version of Elvis' white bejeweled outfit that he wore while performing in Las Vegas. She was doing a Las Vegas song. I didn't notice Adam's name on the back either. I'll have to rewatch & look for it. I didn't think it was very complimentary to her. Her butt was hanging out & looked flat! Elvis looked better, lol! Jordin Sparks song was better & sung better too!

zzannab

[65]May 14, 2009
    • level: 6
    kdtfiles wrote:
    It should have been a Danny / Adam finale, they were the better singers. You know Danny had people waiting to offer him a contract as soon as the show ended. I'll be buying both Danny and Adam's albums, could careless about Kris, he's not nearly as good as the other two. Adam will win next week.
    I agree with you. Kris is ok, but Danny is the better singer. Just goes to show that AI isn't about true talent. Like most 'talent' shows it's about being popular and good looking. What's with all the Kris followers? Are you deaf or what? Just because he can play piano and guitar, doesn't mean he's a good singer.... I'm sad for Danny. But honestly, I'm sooo over this show.
    Edited on 05/14/2009 5:40pm

Smarty-Pants

[66]May 14, 2009
    I agree with those that say it should have been an Adam/Danny final. One thing that makes me laugh is this talk about Adam "screeching". This kid knows how to sing Rock and Roll. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't have a clue. I'll be shocked if he doesn't win next week. Kris doesn't come even close. The judges are professional music people and it's obvious that they think Adam has the most talent.

dool_girl

[67]May 14, 2009
    • level: 27
    LikeFineWine wrote:
    okay, is it just me. . . .but why was Katie Perry allowed to have Adam Lamberts name on the back of her cape when she performed. . . I thought that was so unfair to the other contestants.

Ya his name being on the back of her cape bugged me too.

CJ42090

[68]May 14, 2009
    • level: 12

Why is it unfair for a guest performer to support their personal favorite? The votes were already cast and she's allowed to have an opinion. Should they stop allowing the audience to bring posters to the shows as well? You could only see his name for, like, 3 seconds. Calm down.

I can tell that there are a lot of bitter people here after last night's show... and I love it. Danny had a good voice, yes, but he never did anything original with it other than "You Are So Beautiful", which I believe was his only memorable performance. He picked similar songs every week and never really demonstrated his range, nor did he make any of the songs his own. I had high hopes for him in the beginning but his generic, bland singing and the disproportionate praise he received for it turned me off of him.

Adam and Kris are both artists who take songs and make them their own, just like Kris did with his version of "Heartless." And, yes, they too have good voices. They've shown their range and their talent, and have proven that they're more than just pretty boys with nice voices. Give credit where credit is due. Kris made it this far all by himself -- he was an unknown before the Semi-Finals and had to work hard to stand out. He didn't have any existing popularity to work from. And I'll say it again, they're artists. Danny did not prove himself to be anything other than a performer.

I'll be happy if either one wins. It'll be a great finale.

pinkishjoy

[69]May 15, 2009
    Kris's version of Heartless blew me off--i love his artistic style.
    Danny always was my favorite, he has the most incredible voice--if he has an album, i'd definitely buy it--such an amazing vocal-- but as an artist, i think Adam and Kris have more advantages, they are better at arranging songs and making it their own.

I always thought Danny and Adam would be in the finals, so Kris making it to the finals really surprises me.
    I'm really sorry for Danny, but I think Kris did earn the spot after his second performance.

P.S, Kris and Adam really has some interesting facial expressions when singing! Not that it's a bad thing, it's their personal style, but every time Adam hits the high notes my sister would get awed but at the same time laugh at him sticking his tongue out...

Maxximus_Prime

[70]May 15, 2009
    • level: 8
    What the hell was Katy Perry wearing? It looked like she lost a bet. She'd never kiss a girl looking like that unless she paid for it. Jordan looked good and sang a nice song. I don't think I'd go out and buy it, but it was a nice performance.

I was hoping for a Danny and Adam finale. Kris just doesn't do anything for me. I'm not really disappointed because I knew this would happen. Is it just me or does the competition start to lose its steam when it gets down to the final 5? With each progressing week, I start to care less and less about who gets voted off.

TreeHill_89

[71]May 15, 2009
    • level: 32
    I'm shocked that Danny didn't make it to the finals I always it would between Adam/Danny. I really don't know who's going to win becuase Kris has surprised me so much in the comp. I've recorded the episode but seem bit's of there performances and i enjoyed Kris performance of "Heartless"
    Edited on 05/15/2009 1:10am

oldsage

[72]May 15, 2009
    • level: 9

Everyone should remember that the performance of the previous week had little to do with the results. Kris and Adam simply got more votes than Danny. The final three are all extremely talented young men in their own ways, and no matter who was eliminated, he would be signing a record deal before the closing credits rolled.

Personally I think the fact that about 1,000,000 votes separated Kris and Adam means this year's American Idol is not a lock. They are very different performers and I'm looking forward to their performances next week.

I love Katy Perry and she looked great in her little "Elvis the Vegas Years" outfit. I find it amusing that some people are criticising what she wore after that train wreck Lady GaGa performed a few weeks ago. Her endorsement of Adam Lambert is not surprising, and I have no problem with what she did. It's not going to make any difference in the end.

Jordan looked amazing, she's growing up beautifully and gave a solid performance. She may not make the same splash as Kelly and Carrie, but the success of her first "non-idol" album is pretty much ensured.

So we know next week the finalists will perform the song they've written for the winner, but what will be the other performances?

One more week, it's hard to believe another season is over.

TreeHill_89

[73]May 15, 2009
    • level: 32
    oldsage wrote:

Everyone should remember that the performance of the previous week had little to do with the results. Kris and Adam simply got more votes than Danny. The final three are all extremely talented young men in their own ways, and no matter who was eliminated, he would be signing a record deal before the closing credits rolled.

Personally I think the fact that about 1,000,000 votes separated Kris and Adam means this year's American Idol is not a lock. They are very different performers and I'm looking forward to their performances next week.

I love Katy Perry and she looked great in her little "Elvis the Vegas Years" outfit. I find it amusing that some people are criticising what she wore after that train wreck Lady GaGa performed a few weeks ago. Her endorsement of Adam Lambert is not surprising, and I have no problem with what she did. It's not going to make any difference in the end.

Jordan looked amazing, she's growing up beautifully and gave a solid performance. She may not make the same splash as Kelly and Carrie, but the success of her first "non-idol" album is pretty much ensured.

So we know next week the finalists will perform the song they've written for the winner, but what will be the other performances?

One more week, it's hard to believe another season is over.

This season has gone so quick, really great season. I can't wait until next week it's going to be exicting week. Anyone can win this now.

angeldeb82

[74]May 15, 2009
    I thought as much if Adam could do a performance of "Gethsemane (I Only Want to Say)" from "Jesus Christ Superstar" when it comes to the finale. I'd like to hear his high note, though it might not be in the middle of the song ("Just watch me DIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEE!"), since songs like this are about a minute and a half long.

bonjovichick

[75]May 15, 2009
    • level: 16

Kris has a good voice and I am surprised at people who don't realize it. I just downloaded some of his peformances and I am even more impressed than I was before.

I will continue to go on the record that screeching is not rock and roll.....not the way Adam does it. It isn't like a well placed (and ocassional) screech of an Axl Rose in a GNR song or the like. He screeched most of Cryin and I can attest as I listen to lots of Aerosmith and Steven Tyler doesn't screech in the song. Plus when Adam does it some of the time he is out of tune. Sorry it sounds awful. Said from a person who listens to Rock and Roll the majority of their waking day it is always playing in my office and at home if I am not watching TV. Also said by a person who thinks Adam does have a good voice. He has displayed it in many songs. However the last couple of weeks he has not been good. I think the judges want him to win so badly that they ignore the reality.

And you are right though they did exactly the same with David Cook last year. They wanted Archie to win so he was always propped up even when he stunk and they are doing the same for Adam. Adam is way too talented and should control his voice and he would be ok to win in my case.

dool_girl

[76]May 15, 2009
    • level: 27

^Agree.

I personally am cheering for Kris Allen to win. To me he has grown so much over the season. I seriously thought he would be one of the first to go but he just kept doing better and better each week. The week he really won me over was when he did "Ain't No Sunshine." And since then every week he has impressed me, with "Falling Slowly" and "Heartless" being two of my all-time favorite performances ever! The only song by his I can think of that I havent been a fan of is "All she wants to do is Dance."

I also like Adam. My mom called him as the winner at his first audition, like she did with Archie last year. Adam has been the favorite all season and Adam IS TALENTED. I am by no means saying he isnt...because we all know he is. And I am always anxious to see what he has in store each week, because he definitly is unique.

Really I will be okay with either of the boys winning. Im just personally cheering for Kris to win Either way I think they both will be successful.

Next weeks finale is gonna rock, I cannot wait to see what both the guys have in store for us!

XxIcingOnTopxX

[77]May 15, 2009
    I've always had a thing for rooting for the underdogs. I think it was Allison and Kris here.. so now that it is a Kris/Adam finale, I hope he wins! I'm a fan of both, but both deserve it so it is a matter of opinion. Kris is hot, sure, but I think everyone just jumps into assumptions that his fans all just like him for his looks. I love his voice, he has clearly grown in this competition, which I admire in contestants, because it means they'll grow in the future. Whoever wins, its a win:win situation, If you win, you'll become American Idol but if you lose, you can do your own stuff and have gained many fans and exposure. I honestly don't know who will win, I think many Danny fans are bitter over his elimination and blame Adam, so extra votes for Kris, but I'm positive if Adam doesn't rock it next week, and Kris will give another amazing performance, Kris will deserve it more.

FCBarca

[78]May 15, 2009
    • level: 15
    You know, from early in the show this season I pegged Danny to win it...After Hollywood week, I liked Kris Allen...In the end, once you get down to these last 4 or 5 (This season), I don't think it matters...If nothing else, a highly talented season has left the Finals a bit boring for me...They're all very good singers and are almost guaranteed to all have successful careers...So what's the big 'surprise' in who wins now?...Very anticlimactic at this point, for me.

Smarty-Pants

[79]May 15, 2009
    bonjovichick wrote:

Kris has a good voice and I am surprised at people who don't realize it. I just downloaded some of his peformances and I am even more impressed than I was before.

I will continue to go on the record that screeching is not rock and roll.....not the way Adam does it. It isn't like a well placed (and ocassional) screech of an Axl Rose in a GNR song or the like. He screeched most of Cryin and I can attest as I listen to lots of Aerosmith and Steven Tyler doesn't screech in the song. Plus when Adam does it some of the time he is out of tune. Sorry it sounds awful. Said from a person who listens to Rock and Roll the majority of their waking day it is always playing in my office and at home if I am not watching TV. Also said by a person who thinks Adam does have a good voice. He has displayed it in many songs. However the last couple of weeks he has not been good. I think the judges want him to win so badly that they ignore the reality.

And you are right though they did exactly the same with David Cook last year. They wanted Archie to win so he was always propped up even when he stunk and they are doing the same for Adam. Adam is way too talented and should control his voice and he would be ok to win in my case.

Despite what you say, he does not screech. He does diesplay quite an amazing range. You are definately in the minority with that opinion I can tell you that.

angeldeb82

[80]May 15, 2009
    Will it be "From Kris to Adam" or "From Adam to Kris"? You decide!