Official Thread For The Top 4 Perform & Results Show!!!

RyanSeacrest

[1]May 11, 2011
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these two episodes here & no where else in the forum !!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mksystem74

[2]May 12, 2011
    • level: 11

Scotty was the worst out of the 4 and lets hope people know that and he goes home this week.

angeldeb82

[3]May 12, 2011
    • level: 12

Here's a recap of what happened so far.

Round 1:

James - "Don't Stop Believing"

Haley - "Earth Song"

Scotty - "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)"

Lauren - "Anyway"

Round 2:

Haley - "I (Who Have Nothing)"

Scotty - "Young Blood" (Coasters)

Lauren - "Trouble" (Elvis Presley)

James - "Love Potion No. 9"

Start Believing

Edited on 05/12/2011 7:47am

pamhalpert

[4]May 12, 2011
    • level: 14
    angeldeb82 wrote:

Here's a recap of what happened so far.

Round 1:

James - "Don't Stop Believing"

Haley - "Earth Song"

Scotty - "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)"

Lauren - "Anyway"

Round 2:

Haley - "I (Who Have Nothing)"

Scotty - "Young Blood" (Coasters)

Lauren - "Trouble" (Elvis Presley)

James - "Love Potion No. 9"

Start Believing

Scotty was pitchy during the 9/11 thing. I wasn't suprised that the judges made an excuse for Scotty's pitchy performance. They said that he was only emotional during this song. I'm glad he can play it safe every week, and still be the judges favorite. God I hate him!!!!.

Larexx

[5]May 12, 2011

This week they had to sing two songs. One that inspired them & one written by Leiber & Stoller. Who ever heard of them?! Lady Gaga mentored them for their 2nd song. She's a weirdo but a nice one! I thought the contestants all had a better week than last week. I just loved Lauren Alaina. She has a beautiful voice & I gave her all my votes this week. Last week she was in the bottom 3 & she looked so devasted & fought back tears just being there. I think she deserves to stay over Haley & Scotty. James was my 2nd fav from last night. Either one of them should win the whole thing!

mksystem74

[6]May 12, 2011

F this show. I'm done. How can James leave and Scotty stays? Stupid little girls tat don't know a damn thing about music.

angeldeb82

[8]May 12, 2011
    Boo, hiss, America! First Pia, then Casey, now James! America's sense of decency has finally died!

Aaerni

[9]May 12, 2011
    • level: 8

Agreed. I think this season we have had more surprise eliminations than any other season. As you said, not one, not two, but THREE contestants were voted off too soon this season.

csand31381

[10]May 12, 2011
    • level: 1

Not sure where to leave this, but what the heck... Lady Gaga... what was she wearing?? Kids watch this show!!! She looked like a hooker, worse person you could have put on the show. If I see more nasty stuff like that, I am no longer going to watch. I really believe Tv has went to far.

pamhalpert

[11]May 12, 2011
    • level: 14
    angeldeb82 wrote:
    Boo, hiss, America! First Pia, then Casey, now James! America's sense of decency has finally died!

You are so right!! Check out The Voice on NBC...They have real talent.!!!

F- Scotty McQueery!!!

stellarchick86

[12]May 12, 2011
    • level: 32
    csand31381 wrote:

Not sure where to leave this, but what the heck... Lady Gaga... what was she wearing?? Kids watch this show!!! She looked like a hooker, worse person you could have put on the show. If I see more nasty stuff like that, I am no longer going to watch. I really believe Tv has went to far.

Umm she wears stuff like that all the time, not just on AI, so Im sure kids have seen it before. And it really wasnt THAT short, Im sure Britney Spears has worn worse. Calm down.

oldsage

[13]May 13, 2011
    • level: 9

So here's the post-game analysis:

James suffered once again of the terrible American Idol curse of being too good. I have no doubt that after J-Lo and Randy piled onto Haley on Wednesday, a lot of people felt bad and voted for her to prevent her elimination. I also have no doubt that it cost James votes.

Scotty has all those country fans and middle America behind him. He's nice and safe and besides the little girls who watch the show, the moms and grandmoms would vote for him rather than the rocker.

In the end though, does it really matter? Sometimes I think the near-winners in Idol fare much better than the Idols themselves, unless they are country singers. Chris Daughtry proved that. As long as James gets good people behind him, he should do well.

Nordan123

[14]May 13, 2011
    • level: 6

pamhalpert wrote:
    You are so right!!

Damn I hate when my only reason for watching goes away from a show...I really didn't expect James to win but I expected to see him at least in the top 3 and even the finale.

I honestly don't get it,this is only my third season watching (8,9 and 10) and every year the best doesn't win.

James,thank you and I will buy any record you make! The three finalists are just average run-of-the-mill artists IMO.

Nordan123

[15]May 13, 2011
    • level: 6

oldsage wrote:
    In the end though, does it really matter?

Not really...

I believe James will make it no matter what.

Like you said it's a curse,mainstream America will always vote for the mainstream performers (Scotty,Lauren and Haley).

angeldeb82

[16]May 13, 2011

Well, here's the recap, and I'm still ticked off!

Surprise, Surprise

AnnaBehan

[17]May 13, 2011
    • level: 1

Was there a miscount? How did James get sent home? He was never in the bottom 3 and can sing anything. America, you got it wrong! I also think Casey was cut too soon. I really didn't expect him to win the wholething, like I did James, because he's so original and true to his own talents, but wow, I sure hope he and James both end up with BIG music careers. I love Scotty and think he's just got to go to the Opry and begin his career, but neither girl is strong enough to surpass James. I just don't understand.

saphire382

[18]May 13, 2011
    • level: 5

something is seriously wrong.

James is the american idol

so why is he gone??????????

wrapdk

[19]May 13, 2011
    • level: 7

This is just wrong..

James was the rightful winner.

spideynerd3

[20]May 13, 2011
    • level: 29

I liked James in the beginning, I really did, but as he went on, it became apparent that he was trying too hard to be the next Adam Lambert. After his terrible version of "Don't Stop Believin'" (Yes I thought it was terrible, I didn't like what he did with it at all), he deserved to go. Scotty and Lauren deserved to go before him, but he still deserved to go. As a Haley fan from the beginning, I get sick and tired of watching the judges bash away at her, and praise the others like they are so amazing, when in reality, they aren't. Lauren was horrible on Wednesday night, and Scotty, well, I don't even remotely know what that second performance of his was... As for Adam Lambert, err, James Durbin, he just does the same things Lambert did. "Metal/Rock" song one week, and Slow song the next. Haley, all though sometimes flawed, I will admit it, has had some of the best performances of this season. Her song from the Elton John week gave me goosebumps. Her second song from last week left me amazed, same goes with her second song from this week.

I honestly don't blame America for getting rid of James, I blame the producers of American Idol. They wanted the "chosen three" to make the Top 3, and America slapped them in the face and didn't give it to them. If you ask Vote for the Worst, they'll claim that they helped Haley stay, but they didn't, because they really have very little say in the voting. I'm just glad Vote for the Worst actually picked someone who is good, over Scotty, because at this rate, Scotty or Lauren WILL win, and I for one will NOT be watching a Country finale. Haley deserves to make the final 2 after Randy and J. Lo threw her under the bus like they did Wednesday night, and America obviously say that.

In the end, don't blame Haley for sending James home, blame the producers of American Idol for forcing Lauren, Scotty, and James down our throats. If Haley would have gone home, I'd be just like you all, ranting about how she shouldn't have gone, and saying I'm done with the show. It honestly is about time America does something like this, because the past few years the Idol hasn't really been shocking, because a Guy goes and wins just because all the Tween girls and their moms think the guy is attractive. These are all my opinions, I just wanted to comment since everyone here seemed to be upset James is gone, when I'm happy Haley is still around. I would have liked to see Scotty or Lauren go before James, but I knew that wouldn't happen.