American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 4 Perform & Results Show!!!

  • Avatar of Antique22

    Antique22

    [21]May 14, 2011
    • member since: 02/21/09
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 897

    To me why I think James Durbin got voted off of American Idol was because of a voting error and they wanted to make sure Scotty was the favorite to win and you can bet next week that Scotty will win American Idol because so many people vote for him. This American Idol curse has gone on ever since the first season of American Idol started when Justin Guarini was the favorite to win and everyone wanted him to win but Justin lost to Kelly Clarkson and this same exact thing happened in American Idol Season 3 when Jennifer Hudson was gonna be in the final four but got voted off and made thousands of people shocked because Jennifer Hudson was not only wonderful but she was the strongest link of the show. American Idol SHOULD tell James Durbin an apology and invite him back for a second chance because not only of this voting error but give him a final chance to win and put this curse to rest,


    Tiki


    P.S. Will James Durbin release a cd soon this year. Because if he did I would buy it?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [22]May 14, 2011
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    Antique22 wrote:

    To me why I think James Durbin got voted off of American Idol was because of a voting error and they wanted to make sure Scotty was the favorite to win and you can bet next week that Scotty will win American Idol because so many people vote for him. This American Idol curse has gone on ever since the first season of American Idol started when Justin Guarini was the favorite to win and everyone wanted him to win but Justin lost to Kelly Clarkson and this same exact thing happened in American Idol Season 3 when Jennifer Hudson was gonna be in the final four but got voted off and made thousands of people shocked because Jennifer Hudson was not only wonderful but she was the strongest link of the show. American Idol SHOULD tell James Durbin an apology and invite him back for a second chance because not only of this voting error but give him a final chance to win and put this curse to rest,


    Tiki


    P.S. Will James Durbin release a cd soon this year. Because if he did I would buy it?


    I think James is pure God given talent; but the reality is that he may never be heard from again. I was positive that Danny Gokey, Taylor Hicks, and a few others were going to be big stars.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nordan123

    Nordan123

    [23]May 14, 2011
    • member since: 02/25/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 159

    Antique22 wrote:


    To me why I think James Durbin got voted off of American Idol was because of a voting error


    My educated guess is:


    James being an "acquired taste" more than the 3 other contestants has probably had a quite steady percentage of the total number of votes every time.


    With each elimination and the voting base increasing each week the 3 others have steadily increased their number of votes more than James because most of the people voting for those eliminated will not start voting for James.


    It makes sense to me


    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nordan123

    Nordan123

    [24]May 14, 2011
    • member since: 02/25/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 159

    angeldeb82 wrote:
    Boo, hiss, America! First Pia, then Casey, now James! America's sense of decency has finally died!


    I have a question (I don't live in the US) so just curious:


    Can voters really vote as many times as they want from a single phone number (and/or multiple phones) ?


    (Hoping the answer is a big NO).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TreeHill_89

    TreeHill_89

    [25]May 15, 2011
    • member since: 06/28/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 3,886
    Like everyone else, i'm shocked that James has gone i really thought he was going to go all the way. I wanted him to win, now that he has gone i'm really not sure who's going to win now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pamhalpert

    pamhalpert

    [26]May 15, 2011
    • member since: 05/15/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,927
    Nordan123 wrote:

    angeldeb82 wrote:
    Boo, hiss, America! First Pia, then Casey, now James! America's sense of decency has finally died!


    I have a question (I don't live in the US) so just curious:


    Can voters really vote as many times as they want from a single phone number (and/or multiple phones) ?


    (Hoping the answer is a big NO).


    You can call 10 times from your phone, Email 10 times, and I think you can text 10 times as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of blsrob

    blsrob

    [27]May 16, 2011
    • member since: 10/09/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 36

    I am done with this show!!! Kicked James off when that country boy has sucked the past three weeks!!!



    The Voice is way better and wait until x-factor comes on...bye-bye american idol, you had your time. Letting American girls pick who moves on is the wrong choice. Steven Tyler is the worse judge ever!



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of haldrey

    haldrey

    [28]May 16, 2011
    • member since: 02/23/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,924

    Sorry America, but this time you got it wrong!

    Edited on 05/17/2011 11:07am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of firefairyangel

    firefairyangel

    [29]May 16, 2011
    • member since: 05/01/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 336

    I'm seeing this episode nearly a week late now, and I accidentally saw who was voted out before even seeing the performances. I'm shocked that James is out. I've been saying for the past few weeks that he was miles above the others. He was by far my favourite of the remaining contestants, and probably my favourite for the entire season (that's not really saying much though, not a single contestant was memorable to me). I have a feeling Scotty is going to win, which would be very disappointing. He would easily be the most bland American Idol we've had. I'm probably not even going to bother watching the last two episodes.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nordan123

    Nordan123

    [30]May 17, 2011
    • member since: 02/25/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 159

    pamhalpert wrote:
    You can call 10 times from your phone, Email 10 times, and I think you can text 10 times as well.


    Thank you,that's not too bad then.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spideynerd3

    spideynerd3

    [31]May 18, 2011
    • member since: 04/26/07
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 3,580

    Nordan123 wrote:


    pamhalpert wrote:
    You can call 10 times from your phone, Email 10 times, and I think you can text 10 times as well.


    Thank you,that's not too bad then.



    Actually, you can call an unlimited amount of times, you can text an unlimited amount of times (If you are with AT&T) and now you can vote Online up to 50 times, but you have to have a Facebook to do so.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Nordan123

    Nordan123

    [32]May 19, 2011
    • member since: 02/25/11
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 159

    spideynerd3 wrote:


    Nordan123 wrote:


    pamhalpert wrote:
    You can call 10 times from your phone, Email 10 times, and I think you can text 10 times as well.


    Thank you,that's not too bad then.



    Actually, you can call an unlimited amount of times, you can text an unlimited amount of times (If you are with AT&T) and now you can vote Online up to 50 times, but you have to have a Facebook to do so.



    Seems like a very unfair "system" to me,a cap at 10,20,30 votes at least tries to even the playingfield...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.