American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 4 Perform & The Results Show!!

RyanSeacrest

[1]May 5, 2009
    • level: 30
    Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

buffyangel4evr_

[2]May 5, 2009
    • level: 20
    First!! Good ol' Rock n Roll this week. Should be good. Can't wait to see what Adam will do .

inbetweendoors

[3]May 5, 2009
    • level: 2
    Is this a one- or two-hour episode? Does each contestant sing once or twice?

buffyangel4evr_

[4]May 5, 2009
    One hour. It should be two songs each tonight.

inbetweendoors

[5]May 5, 2009
    • level: 2
    Fantastic! Thanks!

angeldeb82

[6]May 5, 2009
    • level: 12
    Hope one of the songs will be "Highway Star"!

amaryllis88

[7]May 5, 2009
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:
    First!! Good ol' Rock n Roll this week. Should be good. Can't wait to see what Adam will do .

I'm looking forward to a good viewing all-around, but especially from Adam, he's (and I'm hoping he WILL) totally rock out tonight! With Slash as a mentor, I'm hoping they had a good preparation time for their performances tonight!

buffyangel4evr_

[8]May 5, 2009

amaryllis88 wrote:
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:
    I'm looking forward to a good viewing all-around, but especially from Adam, he's (and I'm hoping he WILL) totally rock out tonight! With Slash as a mentor, I'm hoping they had a good preparation time for their performances tonight!

Slash?!? Sweet!!!

oldsage

[9]May 5, 2009
    • level: 9
    Rock n' roll is a very broad theme. Song selection is going to be critical tonight.

yaminion

[10]May 5, 2009
    • level: 23
    there have been rumors that they will be doing one solo performance and one duet. there are also rumors the duet partners are danny and kris and adam and allison. looks like it is gonna be an inetresting night.

kikimarie593

[11]May 5, 2009
    • level: 27
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:

amaryllis88 wrote:
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:

Slash?!? Sweet!!!

Sorry, this probably sounds dumb, but...Who is Slash?

buffyangel4evr_

[12]May 5, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:

amaryllis88 wrote:
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:

Slash?!? Sweet!!!

Sorry, this probably sounds dumb, but...Who is Slash?

He's the lead guitarist for the original Guns n Roses and Velvet Revolver.

PVRAddict

[13]May 5, 2009
    • level: 4
    Boring episode......Danny sucked with that scream at the end. Everyone else was ok I guess. Worst episode this season. First ep I deleted without a second thought this season.

KamakaLo

[14]May 5, 2009
    • level: 22
    WOW Poor Danny and Kris. The judges sure threw them under the bus especially Kris.

I thought Kris did good considering he isn't hard rock. He's more of a soft rock. Simon said he was ice this week? first he's wet now he's ice..interesting.

The duet wasn't bad , I mean they are no Chris Daughtry but it wasn't bad and Kris was cute doing a little dance. Simon's comment was uncalled for though.

Danny and his scream at the end.. OMG I was rollin in laughter lol but he didn't care. Adam was awesome! no surprise... too much pimping though when it isn't even needed. Adam and ALlison were good but imo she would go better w/ Kris. It was like watching a duel with Adam/Allison.

Allison was pretty good too. Kris will probably go home

XxIcingOnTopxX

[15]May 5, 2009
    • level: 11
    This episode totally made me an Allison fan. I think it was kind of funny how they paired the duets.. I mean, one was clearly more stronger than the other. Danny's scream...I applaud him for trying, but I turned the volume down. I think Kris did well, but yeh I guess I say that because he isn't really a rock person. After this episode, I'm still wondering what's so great about Danny, maybe it was just a bad week?

all4dogs

[16]May 5, 2009
    • level: 6

I liked the theme tonight, and liked that AI introduced the duet performances. Also, classic rock is a great genre!

Adam Lambert sang "Whole Lotta Love." What a way to kick off the show! He did Led Zeppelin proud. He'll be hard to beat tonight.

Allison Irehata sang "Cry Baby." Janis Joplin was a great choice for Allison, but I'll agree with the judges that "Piece of My Heart" would have been awesome. All-in-all, Allison did a fantastic job. Like Adam, she has great chops for Rock & Roll.

Danny & Kris (duet) sang "Renegade." The harmonies were absolutely fantastic. Danny did a good job, but Kris was kind of boring.

Kris Allen sang "Come Together." I'm not at all surprised that Kris chose a Beatles song. It was probably the weakest performance of the night, but he did a good job making it his own. Judging solely on tonight's performance, he's in danger of going home tonight. However, he seems to have a big fan base which can skew the results.

Danny Gokey sang "Dream On." Nice job, except the last note was a screeching disaster. His overall performance was better than Kris, but that last note could put him in trouble.

Adam & Allison (duet) sang "Slow Ride." I'm so happy AI pared these 2 up. I was expecting great things, and Adam & Allison didn't disappoint. However, I do think the song choice could have been better. The song is relatively monotone.

Fantastic show; great performances. Good luck to all 4.

My guess on bottom 2 is Kris & Danny w/Kris going home (although the audience will probably vote off Allison).

P.S.--Have to agree the judges were pimping Adam/Allison tonight & bashing on Kris. They bashed Danny a bit, but his last note really was atrocious and he deserved it. It's clear that Kris is the judges pick for going home tonight.

Edited on 05/05/2009 6:24pm

buffyangel4evr_

[17]May 5, 2009

First of all, shame on Kara for not knowing that Dream On came off of Aerosmith's first album! Pfft!

A new feature this year, duets. The final four will be split up into two duos and perform a rock song.

Adam-Whole Lotta Love. Easily the best performance of the night. A cross between Zepplin's original and Adam's glam.

Allison-Cry Baby. The performance was okay for me. I tended to agree with Simon that it was a bit karaoke.

Kris and Danny duet-Renegade. I liked Kris more at the beginning and Danny in the middle and towards the end. They were very well matched and had great harmonies as the judges pointed out.

Kris-Come Together. It was a good performance. Kris is definately not a "rock" singer. He just wasn't in his element. Good job though.

Danny-Dream On. *Sighs* I definately didn't like the ending. The rest of the performance was great though. My Danny

Adam and Allison duet-Slow Ride. Rockin'. Nuff said. Simon may be right, this performance may save her.

Hmmm. I really hate to pick a bottom two at this point. And as much as I hate to admit it, Danny may be in danger. I think he will be joined by Kris. I was originally going with Allison, but she and Adam performing the last number of the night will be a plus. Going home prediction-Kris.

angeldeb82

[18]May 5, 2009
    • level: 12
    Funny that according to Simon, Kris' performance of "Come Together" was just like "having ice for lunch". And Danny's last note at the end of "Dream On" "is just like watching a horror film... like seeing a 'Friday the 13th' movie". Though I admit that the "YEAAAAAAHHHH!!!" part at the end of the song kind of makes me LOL sooooooo hard! Though Randy said that it was like having three notes jump out all at once!
    Edited on 05/05/2009 6:34pm

oldsage

[19]May 5, 2009
    • level: 9

This week's episode confirmed what I said earlier, song choice is the key.

Adam: I agree with everyone that this was a perfect performance of a classic Led Zepplin song. The problem is, how many of the voters even know who Led Zepplin is? I think this is the time that everything has to be geared towards the voting audience. Adam is, by light years, the most talented singer and performer of the group. Having said that, does he have what it takes to get the votes? I think he's safe next week only because Danny and Kris did not deliver performances that are going to move votes in their direction. I have to give Adam kudos, though, this was a great rock performance that should convince those that have stereotyped him as being a "Broadway" singer.

Allison: Everyone knows what a huge Allison fan I am, but I said EXACTLY the same things Randy did, she should have picked a more melodic song. Also, similar to Adam, I don't think Joplin has the sort of popularity that's going to win over votes from the "popularity" demographic. As I said in last week's thread, there was a Heart song just waiting for her to knock out of the park. If I had the choice, she would have done "Barracuda".

Kris: I liked his performance, but he was out of his depth with this week's theme. An Eagles song might have suited him better, but I think the result would have been the same. It was a valiant effort, though.

Danny: Wrong song. That was a song Adam could pull off, but not Danny. I have no clue who suggested it, but they should be fired. Danny's the number one vote-getter almost every week, why would he pick this one to take a risk? To please the judges?

A note about the duets: I like the concept, I wish there was enough time for all of them to sing duets with each other.

Danny/Kris: I love that Styx songs, and their harmonies were great, but their individual parts were just sad attempts at upstaging each other without trying to look like they were upstaging each other.

Adam/Allison: This was a duet I was looking forward to. I think they brought it in now because the producers would love to have Adam and Allison in the finals just so that they can sing a duet. I guess their hoping the votes would like it so much they will vote for them. Not the best song choice, but they were awesome togetherI actually agree with Simon that it might have saved Allison.

Is there going to actually be a bottom three announced next week? That would just be silly. In any event my ranking from best to worst, based on their performances, are:

1. Adam 2. Allison 3. Kris 4. Danny

Unfortunately I think the voting will go as follows, from best to worst:

1. Danny 2: Allison 3. Adam 4. Kris

I think Kris is going home tomorrow, in all likelihood.

goodridd

[20]May 5, 2009
    • level: 17

Loved Allison, Liked Adam, Didn't care for Kris or Danny.

Danny was OK until that Scream at the end.

1. Alison

2. Adam

3. Kris

4. Danny

This is only the second year I've watched Idol, so maybe this is something that's already been discussed, but why are the judges chairs empty when they play back the performances at the end of the night? Do the contestants perform each song twice? Once live and once for a pre-record or something? I noticed during both Kris and Danny's number playback that the judges chairs were empty.

And Ryan was talking about the incidents earlier and how the contestants didn't have a proper run-through, but if they did each song more than once in front of an audience, isn't that a proper run-through?

Edited on 05/05/2009 9:12pm