American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Thread For The Top 4 Perform & The Results Show!!

SludgeVohaul

[21]May 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    This was a very different and interesting episode. It was nice to have Slash take them with his band instead of having a more formal mentoring session like everyone else.

Adam was absolutely incredible. If he somehow ends of going home this week it will make American Idol look so bad. Allison also did very well. I was so happy that Adam and Allison got to do the duet together. I was thinking when they first announced the duets that it would be a complete waste to not give Adam and Allison to Rock the stage together.

Danny's performance was so painful for me to watch. I literally cringed and closed my eyes when he screeched that last not so terribly. I don't think anyone will ever be able to even copy that part of Dream on. There is a huge difference between taking a risk and just making a fool of yourself.

Kris absolutely ruined Come Together. Poor Beatles! No matter how many times Paula says he put his own twist on the song, the additions he made were terrible. They didn't fit in the type of song Come Together is at all! I was cringing during his whole performance!

My guess is still that Allison would go home, even though my own personal hope is that Danny or Kris get the boot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[22]May 5, 2009
    • level: 32

oldsage wrote:
    The problem is, how many of the voters even know who Led Zepplin is? I think this is the time that everything has to be geared towards the voting audience.

You can say that about almost every band that came out lets say before the 80s..The Beatles, Rolling Stones, LZ, maybe Queen, etc yet no one said anything when those bands were being covered. So why is LZ different? I know all these bands and Im 23. LZ's song 'Babe Im Gonna Leave You' was even a major song in the season 3 finale of One Tree Hill (a teen drama, mind you). So I dont think LZ is some mysterious band as youre making it out to be.

Anyway, I thought Adam was good as usual, definetely best of the night solo-wise. I also thought Allison was bad although mayve not the best song choice. I do comend her for not choosing 'Little Piece Of My Heart' because its so overdone and the judges wouldve condemned her for picking a song thats been done to death. Also, they say that Adam wasnt too copy-catish yet Allison was. Im sorry, I thought Adam was great, but if you take a copy of their performances and the original songs to the average person who doesnt watch AI, they are going to say Adam sounds more like Robert Plant than Allison does Janis Joplin. Just my philosopghy. Kris was okay, there wasnt anything special about it but I definetely thought it was better than Dannys and not as bad as people are making it out to be. Dannys was clearly the worst, even besides that god awful screech at the end, I just wasnt feeling it throughout. I just dont think Danny has the voice for that song regardless. Adam would not Danny. 'Renegade' I actually thought Kris did better than Adam, which is another thing I disagreed with Simon about. Their last note was pretty bad and it was mainly Danny that I heard. Please I hope he goes home, but knowing my luck itll be Allison. Allison/Adams duet was AWESOME. I Loved it! And it felt like a real duet, unlike the other 2 who just stood there and acted like they didnt even realize the other person was there lol. I hope this gives Allison more votes for that performance. I do think it was weird how they structured all this though because I wouldve had it be 1. Danny/Kris, 2. Allison, 3. Adam, 4. Kris, 5. Danny, 6. Allison/Adam instead of having the duet between D/K and their solo performances back to back. Oh well. Slash as a mentor was great, I agree with someone above who said it was nice to have someone not so formal and yet someone who really has done something with their career in the category they are mentoring (cough unlikeQuentinTarrantinoandJamieFoxx cough). Until next time..

Maxximus_Prime

[23]May 5, 2009
    • level: 8
    Adam was great as usual. there's really nothing else to say other than he should win this competition. what the hell was he wearing though? initially, i thought he was wearing women's clothing.

Allison was pretty good, but nothing mind-blowing. she looked nice with the long, red hair. speaking of hair, what the heck was with Kara's crop? i thought it looked awful.

Kris was decent but not as bad as Kara and Simon critiqued... and i liked the song choice but Kris seemed to lack the heart and passion that makes that song great.

Danny was decent, but seemed to lack energy and on-stage enthusiasm. also, his voice wasn't nearly powerful enough to sing "Dream On." Danny singing Dream On is like trying to start a car with a 9-volt battery; not nearly enough power. i appreciate the effort and the risk he took but it just didn't pay off.

oldsage

[24]May 6, 2009
    • level: 9
    stellarchick86 wrote:

oldsage wrote:
    The problem is, how many of the voters even know who Led Zepplin is? I think this is the time that everything has to be geared towards the voting audience.
    You can say that about almost every band that came out lets say before the 80s..The Beatles, Rolling Stones, LZ, maybe Queen, etc yet no one said anything when those bands were being covered. So why is LZ different? I know all these bands and Im 23. LZ's song 'Babe Im Gonna Leave You' was even a major song in the season 3 finale of One Tree Hill (a teen drama, mind you). So I dont think LZ is some mysterious band as youre making it out to be.

At 23 you're more than a decade older than most of the voters of the show. The generation who pushes the buttons weekly on Idol associate these classic rock bands with TV commercials and shoes like One Tree Hill these days, and consider anything that has come out before the year 2000 as a "classic". I wouldn't call Led Zepplin obscure, but we're talking mainstream tween-age America here.

I think everyone's pretty-much agreed that Adam/Allison has the stronger solo AND duet performances while Kris/Danny didn't. The question is who will get the votes? I think the voters have been "better" this season than in the past, however, when it comes to the "fav four" all bets are off. Adam is at risk for a lot reasons, unfortunately none of them having to do with his talent. I would imagine, though, that there are several record labels drooling over the prospect of him being voted off early so they can sign him to a deal.

bonjovichick

[25]May 6, 2009
    • level: 16

Loved Slash.... honest and one of the coolest people EVER. Second best AI mentor ever after JBJ.

Kara- How stupid are you about music to think Crazy and Cryin were before Dream On

I think I had a totally different reaction to the night that most people. I thought Kris was the best. I think it comes down to me that there are certain groups or people that I have a hard time seeing someone doing justice to a song. Led Zepplin, Queen, Aerosmith and of course Bon Jovi. There are only a few songs by each of those that aren't so signature to me that I could stand to see people even trying and then only a few people who can pull off performing one. I am only a moderate beatles Fan so I don't have that same issue and therefore like Kris best. I think it depends what people grew up being really into as I am sure that to some people trying to touch the Beatles is the same to them. I listen to the ones i mention all the time on my iPod and those voices are so part of the songs they sing I really almost cringe when I hear other people sing them.

So while I still like Adam I really thought this was one of his worst perfomances because he is no Robert Plant and I really don't want to hear anyone but Robert Plant sing Zepplin songs. Danny well i think we all know the horrible things he did to Dream On even if you aren't a Steven Tyler and Aerosmith fan!

Kris to me was the best and Allison was alright. I would like to forgive Danny and Adam and have Allison go home as she is my least favorite but maybe Danny needs to go.

My idea while I was watching the show last night. Now that Scott Weiland is out of Velvet Revolver I think they should pick up Adam to be lead singer. He would make them way better than Scott ever did and they were pretty good despite him ... Duff, Slash and Joey need someone with a voice like that to front their band. Would be perfect!

buffyangel4evr_

[26]May 6, 2009
    • level: 20
    bonjovichick wrote:

Loved Slash.... honest and one of the coolest people EVER. Second best AI mentor ever after JBJ.

Kara- How stupid are you about music to think Crazy and Cryin were before Dream On

I mentioned that earlier. I was like, whoa stop the presses! Kara's in the music business and she didn't know that? I'm not Aerosmiths' #1 fan or a popular music expert, but I knew that Dream On was a golden oldie by them. Now I realize what I don't like about Kara--She comes out every week on her high horse acting like she knows everything about everything and just comes off as a pretentious phony. *Sighs* Ends rant.

[QUOTE="bonjovichick']

My idea while I was watching the show last night. Now that Scott Weiland is out of Velvet Revolver I think they should pick up Adam to be lead singer. He would make them way better than Scott ever did and they were pretty good despite him ... Duff, Slash and Joey need someone with a voice like that to front their band. Would be perfect!

[/QUOTE]

Very interesting idea.

amaryllis88

[27]May 6, 2009
    Interesting night on AI, especially with Ryan describing their "accidents," on-stage, I was wondering if it was haunted or if it pre-disposed tonight to being disastrous of some sort. But no, for the most part it was a good night.

Adam, he sure knows how to dress the part of rocker, and he sure knows how to sound like one too. I had no qualms that he'd do a great job, and he did. I think I preferred his duet with Allison more than his individual song, but I did like both.

Kris....seems to be a lost soul. What is it with the singers dragging along the entire mic stand into their performance? The mics DO come off.. unless it was a bit too hard for them to finagle the mic off the stand? And the duet between Kris & Danny, almost seemed like a side-show Circus act in the making. As Danny was singing, while lugging around the mic stand, you could see Kris in the background doin' some sort of "ride the donkey" dance. I was kinda laughin' at the whole thing. Their voices together were good, but individually for that song, didn't do them much help.

Danny...he's got that *smug* look down pat. That screech at the end, I think he was trying to channel in some Adam, but he couldn't pull it off. Loved Simon's comment about it being from a horror movie, I could see it, the scared blonde girl running thru the house, and her piercing scream...if singing doesn't work for Danny he could audition for scream parts.

Adam & Allison together were great, I agree with Simon that Adam might've helped Allison's chances of staying on the show with their performance. I'm curious to see who ends up in the bottom tonight, I'm thinking Kris & Danny with Kris goin' home, but I could be wrong. We'll see.

haldrey

[28]May 6, 2009
    • level: 22
    The solos ok, the best part the duets.

deathwish124

[29]May 6, 2009
    • level: 3
    The second worst part of the show was when Danny was being a douche and shouting over Kris.

taillow22

[30]May 6, 2009
    • level: 11

Adam - Adam sang a rock song. 'Nuff said.

Allison - It was AWESOME! Judges, are you listening??

Danny and Kris - I thought I would hate it, but it was good!

Kris - Not his best, but he is NOT rock!!!!

Danny - The WORST performance I have EVER seen on the show. Unacceptable. That performance was a disgrace, and I feel really bad for the other contestants who had to perform on the same stage as him.

Adam and Allison - Complete and total show stopper. PHENOMINAL! It might just be that they followed Danny, but that was the best of the night.

OK, I REALLY have to rant. Kris and Danny both just aren't rock material. That's understandable. Kris delivers a nice performance, not the best, not the worst, and the judges seem to think he was horrible. Danny comes out, delivers that f---ing horrible performance, and the judges say 'A++ for effort! You're not rock!' Um, HELLO?? Neither is Kris!! Adam and Country week weren't good, yet Simon completely throws him under the bus after 'Ring of Fire'. It's so ovious that the judge's favorite is Danny!!

OK, rant over. Phew.... There's just one more thing I want to say. It's just so touching how much each contestant cares for each other. Adam and Allison in their duet were basically cheering for the other person. At the end, when they hugged each other, it was really heart-warming. These contestants care for each other so much... sniffle....

Larexx

[31]May 6, 2009
    • level: 11
    oldsage wrote:
    stellarchick86 wrote:

oldsage wrote:

At 23 you're more than a decade older than most of the voters of the show. The generation who pushes the buttons weekly on Idol associate these classic rock bands with TV commercials and shoes like One Tree Hill these days, and consider anything that has come out before the year 2000 as a "classic". I wouldn't call Led Zepplin obscure, but we're talking mainstream tween-age America here.

I think everyone's pretty-much agreed that Adam/Allison has the stronger solo AND duet performances while Kris/Danny didn't. The question is who will get the votes? I think the voters have been "better" this season than in the past, however, when it comes to the "fav four" all bets are off. Adam is at risk for a lot reasons, unfortunately none of them having to do with his talent. I would imagine, though, that there are several record labels drooling over the prospect of him being voted off early so they can sign him to a deal.

Whoa there Oldsage! You think 23 is a decade too old!! I'm 50 yrs old & am the youngest of the group of 5 that watch, vote & critique each weeks performances. Let me assure you there are more mature, responsible adults like myself out there who are watching & voting for our favorites. And if you really want to know what REAL rock & roll is I suggest you go buy yourself a Led Zepplin CD. We original fans of rock & roll are now out there driving our Jaguars, mine is British Racing Green, and our Cadillacs cruising down the highway listening to Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane & The Grateful Dead! Then right before bed we watch AI!

oldsage

[32]May 6, 2009
    • level: 9

Larexx wrote:
    Whoa there Oldsage! You think 23 is a decade too old!! I'm 50 yrs old & am the youngest of the group of 5 that watch, vote & critique each weeks performances. Let me assure you there are more mature, responsible adults like myself out there who are watching & voting for our favorites. And if you really want to know what REAL rock & roll is I suggest you go buy yourself a Led Zepplin CD. We original fans of rock & roll are now out there driving our Jaguars, mine is British Racing Green, and our Cadillacs cruising down the highway listening to Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones, Jefferson Airplane & The Grateful Dead! Then right before bed we watch AI!

Oh please! That's not what I'm saying. There are probably about 10 to 15 or so million people voting in this contest so I'm sure there's a huge range of people represented. HOWEVER, I think the vast majority of traditional AI voters are tweens and teenage girls. This season may be a little more balanced, simply based on the eliminations to date, but us over-40's who watch and may or may not vote do not by any means represent the majority of AI voters.

I stand to be proven wrong, but the number of times Allison has been relegated to the bottom three in spite of her brilliant talent is proof enough for me.

stellarchick86

[33]May 6, 2009
    • level: 32

oldsage wrote:
    At 23 you're more than a decade older than most of the voters of the show. The generation who pushes the buttons weekly on Idol associate these classic rock bands with TV commercials and shoes like One Tree Hill these days, and consider anything that has come out before the year 2000 as a "classic". I wouldn't call Led Zepplin obscure, but we're talking mainstream tween-age America here

Hmmm..alright. Well its not so much whether or not they know or not know LZ really (because I dont think thats going to stop anyone from voting for Kris who did 'Come Together') but just whether or not that would stop them from voting. And my point about being 23 is just that I didnt grow up with those bands like say my parents did but yet I still know who they are so it may be the same way for the teenagers who vote. But I guess on this we will just have to agree to disagree then, no biggie.

bonjovichick wrote:

I was thinking the same thing!! I was like am I going crazy here..because I know those 2 songs were NOT before 'Dream On'!
    bonjovichick wrote:
    Now that Scott Weiland is out of Velvet Revolver I think they should pick up Adam to be lead singer. He would make them way better than Scott ever did and they were pretty good despite him ...
    I loved SW in 'Stone Temple Pilots' but yeah I never really got into VR.

taillow22 wrote:
    Danny comes out, delivers that f---ing horrible performance, and the judges say 'A++ for effort! You're not rock!' Um, HELLO?? Neither is Kris!! Adam and Country week weren't good, yet Simon completely throws him under the bus after 'Ring of Fire'. It's so ovious that the judge's favorite is Danny
    I totally agree with you as well. I wish they could be less biased in their judging because it shows-ALOT. Its like its great if you are learning more towards someone else than another but dont be biased in judging! They do the same thing with Allison. Allison gave a great performance but it was "too soundalike" yet Danny pretty much sounded horrible throughout the whole thing and that was okay. Id rather have more of a soundalike than someone who sounded horrible any day

KamakaLo

[34]May 6, 2009
    • level: 22
    OMG KRIS IS SAFE! YAY! He looked really shocked too!

seenthebean

[35]May 6, 2009
    • level: 10
    Hopefully I'm wrong but I think I'll say a premature goodbye to Alison. Now that Kris is safe she's definitly going home. Danny has al the fans who would vote for him endlessly even if he hummed the whole song and Adam is not going anywhere. Maybe america will be smart and get rid of Danny but I doubt it is happening.

awoods82

[36]May 6, 2009
    • level: 3
    I just wanted to hop on here to rage for a second about Kara and the whole "Early Aerosmith" thing. Considering Dream On was their first single off their first album it litterally cannot get any earlier than that.

buffyangel4evr_

[37]May 6, 2009

Best thing about tonight's show----DAUGHTRY. Amazing performance and I can't wait until the new album comes out. IMO, Chris Daughtry is the best thing to come from Idol in it's entire 8 seasons.

Second best--My boy Danny in the top three. Yay!

Worst-The awful Ford commercials. I think this one was the worst of the bunch.

I also didn't care for the group performance. I kinda liked Paula's song *cough/lip-synched/cough* How old was that No Doubt song? Jeez. They're on tour this year right? Don't they have any new material?

Although I picked Kris to go home, I'm glad he's in the top three.

angeldeb82

[38]May 6, 2009
    • level: 12
    seenthebean wrote:
    Hopefully I'm wrong but I think I'll say a premature goodbye to Alison. Now that Kris is safe she's definitly going home. Danny has al the fans who would vote for him endlessly even if he hummed the whole song and Adam is not going anywhere. Maybe america will be smart and get rid of Danny but I doubt it is happening.

Well, you've said a premature goodbye to Allison, because now she is eliminated. And Adam, Kris and Danny are safe once again, in the guys club!

kikimarie593

[39]May 6, 2009
    • level: 27

All I can say about tonight is:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My_Dog_Misty

[40]May 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    I'm ticked Allison was eliminated.

I was really hoping she'd pull a Katharine/Kimberley/Syesha and make it into the final three.

Well.. I guess I'll jump on the Adam Bandwagon now.