American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 4 Perform & The Results Show!!

KelliMK

[61]May 7, 2009
    • level: 7
    I am pissed off ...that's it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nickel2006

[62]May 7, 2009
    • level: 48
    I can't believe you people are surprised Allison went home. She's been in the bottom more than anyone else in the top 4. Sure she's popular, but they all are, and one of them has to go home. Although I would've preferred Adam going home. But that guy could screech a whole song and people would love it.

MrShotShot

[63]May 7, 2009
    • level: 15
    nickel2006 wrote:
    I can't believe you people are surprised Allison went home. She's been in the bottom more than anyone else in the top 4. Sure she's popular, but they all are, and one of them has to go home. Although I would've preferred Adam going home. But that guy could screech a whole song and people would love it.

Exactly.

And why are so many people saying Danny sucked so he should have gone home - what, suddenly his millions of fans who have consistently put him at #1 each week, even ahead of Screechy, would suddenly abandon him b/c of one poor performance in a genre that isn't even his speciality?

kikimarie593

[64]May 7, 2009
    • level: 27

MrShotShot wrote:
    nickel2006 wrote:
    Exactly. And why are so many people saying Danny sucked so he should have gone home - what, suddenly his millions of fans who have consistently put him at #1 each week, even ahead of Screechy, would suddenly abandon him b/c of one poor performance in a genre that isn't even his speciality?

Yep, I agree with both of you. Although I don't think most of us were surprised that Allison went home, just upset. But I've been wanting Adam to go home from the very beginning. I just can't stand his screeching.

haldrey

[65]May 7, 2009
    • level: 22
    Allison is out and so am I. The road is free for Adam, see you next year if Am Idol returns.

oldsage

[66]May 7, 2009
    • level: 9

Trying to rationalize Idol is an inexact science, so obvioulsy it's just opinion and guesswork on my part.... still...

I think the ratio of males to females in the final two in 8 seasons of Idol was pretty even until the last two seasons when the final two have been all male. I think the demographics of voters is weighted heavily towards middle America and younger women (tweens and teens). Since Idol doesn't really collect and report statistics on this you can certainly call this speculation, but when you read around the blogs and reports on the Internet there seems to be pretty consistent mention of these sorts of demographics.

There is also the smaller/more rural home towns and states that play a part in the voting. No doubt it's a lot easier to whip up interest in the small-town hero (like Kris) than someone from a city where there is a hometown celebrity is not a big deal (it's no accident that Allison and Adam are both from Los Angeles).

I still don't dismiss the cute factor...

In any event, most reports have stated that the demographics seem weighted AGAINST Allison and Adam. I think the appearances in the bottom three up to last week support this. I do generally give the voters credit that up until the final four, they have pretty much kept the most talented in the competition. Once you're in the final four and beyond, it has little to do with talent and everything to do with popularity. That's not opinion, it's fact. Can Adam actually get more people to vote for him than Danny. This may actually make Kris the dark horse who may sneak up the middle. Then again, I see close to all of Allison's votes swinging to Adam, which could make the difference.

Nest week is homecoming week. This always tends to play better for the contestants from outside the major urban cities of the country. So let's see...

Danny Gokey - Milwaukee, WI

Kris Allen - Conway, AR

Adam Lambert - Los Angeles, CA

I think Kris has the advantage in the whipping up a frenzy with his homecoming, but don't doubt that Danny's hometown visit is going to be playing to the hearts of the viewers like it was at the beginning of the season. I won't say any more.

Next week will be interesting, especially with regards to the judges song choices.

stellarchick86

[67]May 7, 2009
    • level: 32
    MrShotShot wrote:
    And why are so many people saying Danny sucked so he should have gone home - what, suddenly his millions of fans who have consistently put him at #1 each week, even ahead of Screechy, would suddenly abandon him b/c of one poor performance in a genre that isn't even his speciality?

I NEVER liked Danny from the start and always wished he'd go home. Even look back at my past results thread Ill say "Allison and _Megan_ are probably in the bottom 2, even though I hope its Danny". When he came out first with that duet with Kris, I thought Kris did a million times better than him, yet Simon made the comment that Danny was better. Yeah, ok, what performance were you watching Simon? Then he came out with 'Dream On' and I still didnt think it was all that great, his throat was too scratchy, like he needed some water. And then when he hit that banshee scream at the end I was like seriously why is he still in the competition, he best be going. And then to find out MY favorite gets booted, who did a millon times better than him on both counts, because of him just infuritated me. And yeah, I think it should go by week by week and who did the best and who did the worst gets the boot. I think thats only fair. If this were the Olympics, youd get a medal for winning at that specific event, not whether or not you have won medals up until that point. So thats how AI should be but teenage girls dont care if it means they keep voting over and over for their faves regardless or how bad a performance it was. Adam was in the bottom 3 last week or the week before because of a poor performance, even though he has more or almost as much fans as Danny, so why is that not acceptable to do when it comes to Danny who actually did have a poor performance where as with Adam I dont think he did bad at that time.

Larexx

[68]May 7, 2009
    • level: 11

Yeah, Kris Allen & Danny Gokey are still in the competition! I'm glad Allison Iraheta is gone. She is young & talented & her parents should be proud but I just never enjoyed the tone of her voice. Never was a Joplin fan either. Adam Lambert is a wonderful performer but at this point all his songs sound the same & I don't think I could sit through a whole CD of him screeching!

Paula's performance was very good but she definitely lip synched with all that voice filtering & dancing it was too perfect to be live. Gwen Stefani & No Doubt was horrible. Horrible song, performance, outfit, hair, everything! Chris Daughtry looked great. His new song was just ok for me. I'm not sure I'll run out & buy his new CD in July based on that song. Simon Cowell was on Ellen the other day & he said he was definitely going to be back next year & he thought all the judges would be returning for next season.

XxIcingOnTopxX

[69]May 7, 2009
    • level: 11
    When Kris was called first, i knew that Allison was in danger. Don't get me wrong, I like Kris, but he had a chance to go home. Geez America, Danny is so bland, please don't let him win, I was definitely rooting for Danny to go home.. But I know that in the future, we'll be hearing from Allison soon/

bonjovichick

[70]May 8, 2009
    • level: 16
    The judges besides Kara have at least one more year on their contract... so sorry to those nay sayers who think it will be gone. It still is one of the most popular shows on TV and isn't going anywhere. Yeah I get annoyed from year to year about who makes it and who doesn't but a little immature to stop watching the show because of who gets voted off. Let's see only three times have I agreed with the winner...Kelly, Carrie and of couse David Cook. Many times when it gets down to the final 3 or 4 I don't really like any of the people enough to win. But I keeping on watching. Maybe not as intently or actually scream when the winner is annouced like David Cook but I still enjoy music so I still enjoy watching the show. People crack me up like everyone in the world is suppose to think the same way you do and enjoy the same things. I personally like what I like and could care less if anyone else likes it or not.

all4dogs

[71]May 8, 2009
    • level: 6
    bonjovichick wrote:
    The judges besides Kara have at least one more year on their contract... so sorry to those nay sayers who think it will be gone. It still is one of the most popular shows on TV and isn't going anywhere. Yeah I get annoyed from year to year about who makes it and who doesn't but a little immature to stop watching the show because of who gets voted off. Let's see only three times have I agreed with the winner...Kelly, Carrie and of couse David Cook. Many times when it gets down to the final 3 or 4 I don't really like any of the people enough to win. But I keeping on watching. Maybe not as intently or actually scream when the winner is annouced like David Cook but I still enjoy music so I still enjoy watching the show. People crack me up like everyone in the world is suppose to think the same way you do and enjoy the same things. I personally like what I like and could care less if anyone else likes it or not.

Right on! I watch this show for the pure entertainment value. The first 2-3 seasons, I would get emotionally attached to a performer and get extremely flustered when they were voted off. Now, I take it all in stride. Everyone has their own taste, and it doesn't matter why they vote. People are entitled to their own opinion. This season is up for grabs. The remaining 3 are all talented in their own way. Each of them has a considerable fan base. It will be very interesting to see how it all pans out. Personally, I'm rooting for Adam.

TreeHill_89

[72]May 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    I'm surprised that Allison left based on the performance i thought that Kris might go. However i'm not surprised by the top 3 guys.

CJ42090

[73]May 9, 2009
    • level: 12

Well if there is any justice in the world it'll be Adam and Kris in the finale. Danny is a nice guy but his singing is incredibly bland and generic. I can't imagine him selling many records... at all. It'll be another Taylor Hicks if he wins.

At least Adam and Kris mix things up and show us their range.

Edited on 05/09/2009 9:47pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Maxximus_Prime

[74]May 10, 2009
    • level: 8
    this was bound to happen at some point. i hoped the judges would have kept that 'ace in the hole,' the save card rather than wasting it on Matt, someone that WE ALL KNEW wasn't going to win the competition. one of the things that hurt Allison was her physical appearance. not to say she isn't attractive, but if she had Megan's looks and body, she would have had a chance to win it all. it's too bad that at this point in the contest, it's more about physical attraction and popularity than vocal ability.