American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Thread For The Top 5 Perform & The Results Show!!

RyanSeacrest

[1]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 30
    Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

InlovewADnK

[2]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 1

Can't wait for tonight! My favorites will do amazing as they do every week.

InlovewADnK

[3]Apr 28, 2009

Can't wait for tonight! My favorites will do amazing as they do every week.

OrSoIThought

[4]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 11
    I'm not sure I'm watching tonight. I don't think I can bear what they're going to do to Frank Sinatra songs. I adore Frank Sinatra, and I don't want to hear the final five ruin some of my favorite songs by changing things that do not need changed. I like them as artists, and I would hate to have something to hold against them.

hesonlylonely

[5]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 10
    OrSoIThought wrote:
    I'm not sure I'm watching tonight. I don't think I can bear what they're going to do to Frank Sinatra songs. I adore Frank Sinatra, and I don't want to hear the final five ruin some of my favorite songs by changing things that do not need changed. I like them as artists, and I would hate to have something to hold against them.

You've always got to be excited to see what Adam does, though, right? The trick is simply trying not to think about where the song came from - cut the umbilical cord from the mother that is Frank Sinatra who is feeding this young Adam Lambert. Adam Lambert's stuff is so original and captivating, he is better than all seven of the previous winners. A ninth season with twelve contestants of his caliber would be fantastic.

kikimarie593

[6]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 27

hesonlylonely wrote:
    OrSoIThought wrote:
    You've always got to be excited to see what Adam does, though, right? The trick is simply trying not to think about where the song came from - cut the umbilical cord from the mother that is Frank Sinatra who is feeding this young Adam Lambert. Adam Lambert's stuff is so original and captivating, he is better than all seven of the previous winners. A ninth season with twelve contestants of his caliber would be fantastic.

You're acting like Adam Lambert is God or something. Not all of the previous winners are that good, but there's no way he's better then Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson. And originality doesn't always mean good.

KamakaLo

[7]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 22

They were all good considering but I hated that Kris went first. He did good, not my favorite of his though.

Allison was also good but of course Simon has his picks.

Matt was great! This imo was his best and Simon was right, Brilliant.

Danny was good but not the best and clearly they have their picks.

Adam, was good but that's one of my favorite songs 'feeling good' and imo it should only be done by a woman. still not as good as Nicole does it from PCD LOL Oh, and of course he got the pimp spot again still love the guy though. I guess it could be anyone going home.

Edited on 04/28/2009 6:08pm

oldsage

[8]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 9

I haven't done the official count yet, but I would say that approximately 10% of the songs the contenstants have been forced to sing because of various "theme nights" have been from a time any of them were born, and that's taking into account the week they sang songs from the year they were born.

Oh well, you've gotta love the standards.

Kris was good but not what I would call memorable. Going first is tough, though. I think he's safe.

Am I the only one who thinks Allison is a superstar? It's not like me to gush, and I've always been partial to female vocalists, but wow, that voice is haunting no matter what she sings. Once again, I believe she hasn't given her best performance. I do agree with Simon, though.. she lacks the swagger that Danny and Adam have. I also agree with Simon that she's vulnerable. Well, she's a girl. Unless she inherits ALL of Lil's votes (did ANYONE vote for Lil at the end?) AND Anoop's votes, I won't be surprised to see her go, as much as it would break my heart.

Matt performed well. He has a great voice and this was one of his better performances in spite of a couple of rough patches. It's to be forgiven though because that is a tough song to sing. He may survive another week.

I was losing faith in Danny. His last few performances were not memorable and were beginning to sound the same. Tonight he made me a believer again. I really think this was one of those Idol moments. He got me on my feet when he changed to the up-tempo. There was that one far-shot with the back-up singers in the foreground that just looked amazing. I think he would be safe regardless, but wow, he really gave his best today.

Adam is Adam. I know some people hate the theatrics, and I know some people hate the high notes, but those sorts of things never seemed to hurt David Bowie and Freddie Mercury. I think Danny had a slight edge tonight, but Adam delivered once again. No flaws there.

Safe: Adam, Danny.

Maybe: Kris, Matt.

In trouble: Allison

I still think Matt might be gone, but I don't think the millions of voting tween girls are going to keep Allison another week.

Edited on 04/28/2009 6:28pm
    Edited 2 total times.

rocker3250

[9]Apr 28, 2009

Tonight was one of the better night, one of those nights where everyone does decently. I'm not gonna go too in depth this time.

Kris starts it off well, i really liked it. HThats all i have to say

Allison goes next, why cant they save her for last, JUST ONCE, the last time she went last was Motown week. She's looked beautiful sounded amazing. She's the one I'm voting for the whole 2 hours because I have a feeling like Simon said that she maybe in trouble. What the hell was he talking about, no confidence?! I was cracking up when he said that. All Allison fans will prove him wrong. So VOTE VOTE VOTE

Matt goes next. Ive never really been a big fan of him. To me it wasn't all that great more like bleh. I have a feeling he may go home, no offense to the Matt fans.

Danny goes right after Matt. Ive never really been a big fan of his either, but i liked his performance, even if it was just a little.

Adam sums it up. Wow I'm speechless, jazz with a rock edge- nice! Great vocals, though i didnt relly want to see him wear a tux two weeks in a row but hey after all it rat pack standards week.

My Bottom 3- Matt, Danny, and uhthe 3rd spot really hard to pick bcuz i like the rest so ill leave that blank.

Nobody has a guarenteed spot to be safe, but those are just my opinions, lets hear yours.

My_Dog_Misty

[10]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 13
    Allison looked her best tonight and sang one of her best tonight.

If she goes home, I don't think i'll be able to bring myself to watch the show until the finale.

TBMSFriday

[11]Apr 28, 2009
    I think Matt or Danny are going home...

simpsonian100

[12]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 12

After this week's performances, it's a duel for which fans vote the most. All of them were good enough to come back if you ask me. I think Adam, Matt, and Danny were the best, with Kris and Allison being the ones who should stand together when Ryan delivers the results. I somewhat like all of these contestants, but I have to wish someone home. Based on this week's show and the track records, here's how I say it is:

Will go home: Allison

Should go home: Kris

Also, does anybody else think the categories are being made to suit Matt on purpose so the judges look better for saving him? I like Matt, but I know a lot of fans disagree with the move.

simpsonian100

[13]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 12
    kikimarie593 wrote:

hesonlylonely wrote:
    OrSoIThought wrote:

You're acting like Adam Lambert is God or something. Not all of the previous winners are that good, but there's no way he's better then Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson. And originality doesn't always mean good.

I gotta back the Lambert fan. I say he's better than all the previous winners except maybe David Cook. Carrie Underwood, to me, is just another average country singer, while though Kelly Clarkson has talent, a lot of people probably look at her as so amazing because she'll always be remembered as the first American Idol. Of course, I can't argue her success and her massive fanbase, but I wouldn't consider her music to be anything special; I only consider her voice special.

buffyangel4evr_

[14]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 20

Jamie Fox as this week's mentor, I wouldn't have guessed it.

Kris--The Way You Look Tonight. One of my favorite songs and Kris hit it out of the park. I thought it was amazing. He started of "ballady" and then threw in a jazz vibe. Hopefully going first doesn't hurt him.

Allison--Someone To Watch Over Me. Wow. Allison really surprised me. I would have thought she would have sang a rock version. She sang a traditional rendition and really showed great versatility.

Matt--My Funny Valentine. I don't know. Maybe it's because I really hate this song, but I didn't like it.

Danny--Come Rain or Come Shine. My Danny! Amazing! I love his bluesy side.

Adam--Feeling Good. As we all could predict. Adam completely changed up the arrangement. I thought it was excellent. Adam has really grown on me as the competition has progressed.

I would choose Matt and Allison for the bottom two. Not sure on who should go home, or will go home. Matt, he's just really inconsistent, IMO.

ninjasquirrel19

[15]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    kikimarie593 wrote:

hesonlylonely wrote:
    OrSoIThought wrote:

I agree with you. Adam is alright, but there's no way he's better than Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, or David Cook.

Bjbler2396

[16]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    OPINIONS:

Kris Allen- Vocally, this was one of his best ever. I don't think he put too much of his own spin on it like he does just about every other week, but it was still superb. One of his best this season. Stars: 9.3/ 10 Allison Iraheta: By far this was her best performance this season period, IMO. I would even go as far as saying it was the best of the night. I don't know what Simon was talking about, because she more than deserves the right to survive this week. I love Allison to death, and this side of her tonight was beyond brilliant. WOW! BTW, I have voted for her more than 50 times tonight, no joke. If she leaves, I will be furious. Stars: 9.9/10

Matt Giraud- I thought it was good, but his runs are starting to KILL me. He had a ton of pitch problems while attempting way too many of the runs. I do believe his song was difficult, but Melinda Doolittle was way better and even Constantine Maroulis had one of his better weeks with this song. I'm just surprised that Matt wasn't THE best of the night, considering this was HIS week. Stars: 9.0/10

Danny Gokey- The beginning: BORING The end: NEW AND FANTASTIC. Finally, finally , finally he actually convinced me by just a pinch that he is worthy of his praise in this competition (Still not a fan though!). His ending was full of "umph", though I will have to say he wasn't the best of the night mainly because his beginning was typical Danny boringness. OVERALL: Good, but not the best STARS: 9.6/10

Adam Lambert- Just like every other week: Incredible. His long note for the word "feeling" was spectacular. I don't think it was as extraordinary as last week, but he still was totally superb. Awesome job, Adam! STARS: 9.7/10

RANKINGS:

1. Allison Iraheta
    2. Adam Lambert
    3. Danny Gokey
    4. Kris Allen
    5. Matt Giraud

PREDICTIONS FOR HOME:
    This is the first week where I feel like my number one is in potentially the most danger. If Allison leaves, I will be sooooo P.O.'d at Simon for throwing her under the bus. I think that Matt has a good chance of going however, and though I hate to say it, so does Kris Allen. I predict that Matt or Allison will most likely go. I pray it will be Matt!
    Edited on 04/28/2009 7:50pm

PattiP0414

[17]Apr 28, 2009
    I had to work until 9 tonight, so I didn't get to see the performances and the judges' critiques. Was anyone able to catch each judge's critique??

UNsweetT

[18]Apr 28, 2009

Yes...Adam changed the arrangement...but more like COPIED it from the Matt Bellamy from the band MUSE version. IDENTICAL. Check out the music video by MUSE on you tube. It's the same. Not that I am complaing...cuz I like Adam. I just love love LOVE....MUSE. So I don't want people assuming that Adam did this all by himself. Matt Bellamy is a friggin' genius and should be given his due.

goodridd

[19]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 17

1. Allison

2. Kris

3. Matt

4. Adam

5. Danny

UNsweetT

[20]Apr 28, 2009

Adam's version "Feeling Good" was CARBON COPY of Matt Bellamy (from MUSE) version. Go to you tube and check it out! The arrangement is identical! I was quite surprised that Simon didn't call this to attention as this is a extremely popular band in the UK. And their cover of Feeling Good was one of their biggest hits. They just peformed it in 2007 in a sold out Wembley Stadium for God sakes! And it's an awesome video...one of my favorites by them. I love..love...LOVE... MUSE...and don't want somebody thinking that Adam came up this version/arrangement all by himself because he didn't. Don't get me wrong...Adam is my favorite this season...but I just think that MUSE should be given their props.

p.s. I created an account on American Idol site...and posted this in the forum. Funny how within 10 minutes, my posting was gone and my account deleted!! I posted what I stated here...with no disrespect or anything! Makes you wonder.....!!!!! I think they are scared of lawsuit. MUSE sued and won lawsuit against Nestle years ago for using this song version without permission...