We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

American Idol Forums

FOX (ended 2016)

Official Thread For The Top 5 Perform & The Results Show!!

stellarchick86

[21]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 32

Wow..Jamie Foxx? Thats all they could get? I understand alot of those people are probably dead from way back then but isnt there SOMEONE other than Jamie Foxx who couldve done it? Someone who was inspired by that type of music and is a singer themselves? Anyway..Also, I think everyone brought this A-game tonight.

Loved Allison as usual, and she was my number 1. I just thought that with her raspy voice she does a good job at sticking to whatever the theme is yet making it her own and those notes at the end were fantastic. I voted for her over and over from the time she went until around 2 hours later or so. She better stick around because I dont do that for anyone! lol. Loved that Randy said she reminded him of Brittany Murphy, Ive been saying that forever now and I felt like I was crazy for thinking it by myself. I guess Randys as crazy as I am lol.

Adam was my 2nd fave..this was my favorite fast song of his and my 2nd song of his overall after "Mad World". Whether it was copied from Muse or not, eh (couldnt you say 'Mad World' was copied from Gary Jules instead of TforF?), I still liked it regardless.

Danny was my 3rd, I never usually like him but tonight I really did especially towards the end where I actually felt like he was feeling it and not just singing a song. This is a Danny I could get on board with.

Kris was next for me, I didnt hate it or anything but I didnt sit back and think "wow this is so different than anything else hes done!" I feel like it was just like everything else hes done just set to a standard (thats the word I couldnt think of before tonight when I used to categorize this type of music and not 'jazz'!)

Matt was last for me..I felt like he was a little offkey or pitchy or something wasnt right about his performance in parts (Im horrible with musical knowledge) plus I really dont like that song and I just think hes done way better in the past where as Adam and Allison just keep getting better (as well as Kris and Danny for that matter).

Sidenotes: Are they not doing Idol Gives Back this year? And why not? They do it like every year. Also, dont they usually have them sing TWO songs once they get to the top 5/6/7 or so? It just seems like everythings off this year...Im going to predict Matt and Allison in the bottom 2, with Matt going home (I HOPE!!). Until next time..

Edited on 04/28/2009 10:31pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

InlovewADnK

[22]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 1

Adam was amaizing as usual tonight!!

Allison was superb!

There was only one contestant who ruined a song tonight.

He sang another previous Idol fave that you shouldn't sing because that Idol sang it so much better. Constantine sang this song and was amazing!! MG ruined it!

myintermail

[23]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 7
    stellarchick86 wrote:

Sidenotes: Are they not doing Idol Gives Back this year? And why not? They do it like every year. Also, dont they usually have them sing TWO songs once they get to the top 5/6/7 or so? It just seems like everythings off this year...Im going to predict Matt and Allison in the bottom 2, with Matt going home (I HOPE!!). Until next time..

Idol Gives Back is not held this year, recession and all.

2 songs per contestant format is usually starts at top 5. I dunno they do that this year, maybe they think they want to fit everything in one hour perhaps.

This Week is just... okay. Not feeling a jazz/swing week without Anoop around.

Safe:
    Adam Lambert (yeah it is a Muse's arrangement. I like it regardless, except the last screeching note)
    Allison Iraheta (She is fabulous tonight. Oh, Shut up Simon for asking such a loaded question. Allison dear, when someone ask you "do you think you can win?" just say "Yes!")
    Kris Allen (Eh, He was just okay... )

Bottom 2:
    Matt Giraud (Ugh it was off, I don't understand why the judges praised him)
    Danny Gokey (Go away!)

Something tells me that Kris and Allison might be in danger, which worries me.

stellarchick86

[24]Apr 29, 2009
    myintermail wrote:

Idol Gives Back is not held this year, recession and all.

2 songs per contestant format is usually starts at top 5. I dunno they do that this year, maybe they think they want to fit everything in one hour perhaps.

Ah, okay. Thanks, myintermail!

InlovewADnK

[25]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 1
    ninjasquirrel19 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

hesonlylonely wrote:
    OrSoIThought wrote:
    I'm not sure I'm watching tonight. I don't think I can bear what they're going to do to Frank Sinatra songs. I adore Frank Sinatra, and I don't want to hear the final five ruin some of my favorite songs by changing things that do not need changed. I like them as artists, and I would hate to have something to hold against them.
    You've always got to be excited to see what Adam does, though, right? The trick is simply trying not to think about where the song came from - cut the umbilical cord from the mother that is Frank Sinatra who is feeding this young Adam Lambert. Adam Lambert's stuff is so original and captivating, he is better than all seven of the previous winners. A ninth season with twelve contestants of his caliber would be fantastic.

You're acting like Adam Lambert is God or something. Not all of the previous winners are that good, but there's no way he's better then Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson. And originality doesn't always mean good.

I agree with you. Adam is alright, but there's no way he's better than Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, or David Cook.

The judges even say that this season has the most talented contestants in our top 7 now top 5 than any season BEFORE.

So Adam is absolutely better than Kelly, Carrie, and David. Don't get me wrong I love both David's from last season and Carrie is one of the very few country singers I like. And Kelly will alwayse be remembered as the first American Idol and for her song "Since You've been gone" Which is amazing.

hesonlylonely

[26]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 10
    InlovewADnK wrote:
    ninjasquirrel19 wrote:
    kikimarie593 wrote:

hesonlylonely wrote:
    OrSoIThought wrote:
    I'm not sure I'm watching tonight. I don't think I can bear what they're going to do to Frank Sinatra songs. I adore Frank Sinatra, and I don't want to hear the final five ruin some of my favorite songs by changing things that do not need changed. I like them as artists, and I would hate to have something to hold against them.
    You've always got to be excited to see what Adam does, though, right? The trick is simply trying not to think about where the song came from - cut the umbilical cord from the mother that is Frank Sinatra who is feeding this young Adam Lambert. Adam Lambert's stuff is so original and captivating, he is better than all seven of the previous winners. A ninth season with twelve contestants of his caliber would be fantastic.

You're acting like Adam Lambert is God or something. Not all of the previous winners are that good, but there's no way he's better then Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson. And originality doesn't always mean good.

I agree with you. Adam is alright, but there's no way he's better than Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, or David Cook.

The judges even say that this season has the most talented contestants in our top 7 now top 5 than any season BEFORE.

So Adam is absolutely better than Kelly, Carrie, and David. Don't get me wrong I love both David's from last season and Carrie is one of the very few country singers I like. And Kelly will alwayse be remembered as the first American Idol and for her song "Since You've been gone" Which is amazing.

His skill on the stage is just incredible. He's obviously not God, and it's always subjective... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I think that his delivery is always immaculate, he does something different with every overdone song, he's making music. In the end, that's what they're all there for, to demonstrate they can be successful in the music industry.

ebony_kunoichi

[27]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 13

Finally this is one Idol episode where I liked all of the songs and the wardrobe! Jaime Foxx was the mentor and I love, love, love him. I met him last year at a club in Dallas. He was very funny and sweet. He was the best mentor I've seen in years. Jaime foxx is a singer!! and he was classically trained in jazz music. So yes, he was a great choice. Also, he has a movie out so yeah cross promotion. I dont get why Flamebert and DWD seem to always be the last singers every other week. I cant remember when Adam or Danny have gone first or second.

This one is for you sylent_assasin, RIP buddy....

Krissy Kermit: He was dressed in a grey suite, wow, that's shocking....not He looked great though. I loved the song he picked. He did a good vocal and everything, but Kris is STILL boring as watching paint dry. He seems a bit nervous too, which is o.k. but his image is like a wet puppy. He was actually kinda cute last night(cringe) when he isnt dressed like a hobo like previous weeks. Jaime Foxx had a man crush on Kris, yuck. He was good, but not that good. Tap the breaks Jaime.

Treasure Troll: My girl looked so great last night! Loved the dress and the hair. She rocked the song as usual. I don't agree with Simon for once. She could easily be the best of the night.

Cyclops: Tonight footface had another hat on his head to hide his third eye. WTF? is he gonna wear hats for the rest of the season? Come on cyclops show us the third eye! I don't know what the judges were smokin when listening to his perfromance. He picked a very difficult song. It was a hot, hot mess. The riff's were all over the place and sometimes off key a bit.

Danny Jesse Raphael or DWD or Goatkey: I'm sorry but Danny seems like a smug p**** more and more every week. When Jaime was trying to mentor him he kinda scoffed and looked like he was gonna p*** himself, get over yourself you douche! He started off good, but the ending was a bit over the top, but I liked what he was trying to do. He was trying to bring it. So he gets an A for effort and a B for performance.

Flamebert or Screechy Mcqueen: Adam looked good in a white suite. Not many can pull off that look, but Adam is like a cool drink of water with all that tallness. I don't know if it's the new hair cut or what, but Adam looks a bit pasty and pudgy in the face. Not a good look Adam. I liked his intro except for all the dark lighting. It was like he was performing in the dark in the beginning. I didn't like the song at all, yuck. The vocals were on key and everything, but all over the place. It was up, down and up and down. Way too theatrical for me too. The only part I liked is when he hit the high note in the middle of the song(yes, I said it! who knew?) which is odd since I hate when Adam goes high. And yes, he ripped off the arrangement from a Muse song.

I think the bottom three will be Allison, Kris, and Matt. Allison will be going home.

Edited on 04/29/2009 8:00am
    Edited 4 total times.

hesonlylonely

[28]Apr 29, 2009
    ^

You speak with great criticism. Adam has always been pudgy. He needs to scream more... makes his face look longer.

I think Allison will stay. It's Matt's time to go. What a waste of a Judge's Save.

TreeHill_89

[29]Apr 29, 2009
    I don't want any of the Top 5 to go, as the five of them have been my favourites

kdtfiles

[30]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 23
    I'd have to say the next to go should be either Kriss or Mat - although they both did slightly better this week than last they weren't as good as Danny, Adam, or Allison.

amaryllis88

[31]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 20
    Loved reading your post ebony!! Great dedication too.

It was an ok night for me, nothing really did it for me until I heard Adam's song at the end, but what I didn't understand was why all the songs had to be s-l-o-w !!!! It was not as entertaining as previous weeks. I love how Simon can throw a wrench into the comments and throw everybody's else's comments off...

Jamie Foxx, interesting choice for mentor, I don't think Idol will have a mentor that says anything bad about any of the contestants, they literally slobber over them with goodness and praise, and possibly tweak their arrangements slightly, but all in all, it's saccharin.

Was Paula wearing wrapping paper? I couldn't figure it out..or tissue paper, like she was plonked in a gift bag surrounding her with red tissue paper. Kris wasn't too bad, at least he kept his mouth near the mic so that we wouldn't be distracted by his kermit mouth. Looking forward to tonight's elimination, I'm thinking Matt & Allison will be in the bottom, as to who goes home, it's a toss up.

Larexx

[32]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 11
    PattiP0414 wrote:
    I had to work until 9 tonight, so I didn't get to see the performances and the judges' critiques. Was anyone able to catch each judge's critique??

I have the judges comments but they are not verbatim quotes!
    1)Kris Allen-"The Way You Look Tonight" Randy:Your best performance 2 date. R&B. Mad, nice vocals. Kara: You have set the standards so high this everning. You are the dark horse in this competition.
    Paula: A near impeccable performance.
    Simon: A little "wet". Yes, he said wet explaining it was "safe".

2)Allison Iraheta-"Someone 2 Watch Over Me"
    Randy: You look dope-better than Pink-loved it.
    Kara: Gut wrenching rendition.
    Paula: Alluring & tender. I'm proud of you.
    Simon: Do U think u can win? I don't feel that belief in you.

3)Matt Giraud-"My Funny Valentine"
    Randy: Pitchy-didn't come together.
    Kara: Not emotinally connected.
    Paula: Pure, simple, excellent.
    Simon: Only believable, authentic song. Absolutely brilliant!

4)Danny Gokey-"Come Rain or Come Shine"
    Randy: The only 1 tonight who can have an alblum of these songs.
    Kara: Rat Pack swagger.
    Paula: Stellar.
    Simon: Swagger & confidence. Your best in weeks.

5)Adam Lambert-"Feeling Good"
    Randy: Too dramatic, too broadway.
    Kara: Shocking. But I like you.
    Paula: Better than good. You're our Michael Phelps.
    Simon: You want to win. You're the best entertainer.

Matt Giraud should go home tonight!!

haldrey

[33]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 22
    Top five was the best so far, but I was expecting two songs. guess that the fourth judge took up the time, no likyy. I guess the Matt is in trouble and he is one of my favorites. My guess is that the finale will be between Adam and Allison. Adam personality I do not like but I have to say the is the best voice.

CJ42090

[34]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 12
    InlovewADnK wrote:

I'm an Adam fan too but the judges say that EVERY season. It's how they get people to watch. And because of a generic statement like that you deduce that Adam is automatically better than the previous winners? By that logic the other four contestants must also be better than the previous winners. And do you believe that everything the judges say is 100% fact?

Like I said, I'm an Adam fan but let's be realistic.

Edited on 04/29/2009 4:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.

hesonlylonely

[35]Apr 29, 2009
    CJ42090 wrote:

I'm an Adam fan too but the judges say that EVERY season. It's how they get people to watch. And because of a generic statement like that you deduce that Adam is automatically better than the previous winners? By that logic the other four contestants must also be better than the previous winners. And do you believe that everything the judges say is 100% fact?

Like I said, I'm an Adam fan but let's be realistic.

lol. What you said is correct. A statement like that wasn't justified.

I rarely care about what the heck the judges say because it's their opinion, and most of the time, as you said, their mouths don't speak what they really think, since they are judges on a reality show that needs to keep being the highest rated show.

In the end, it is all subjective. To me, it is because Mr. Lambert sings with mad skills, to my ears, that I reckon he is better than all of the previous winners. Realistically in my opinion, I like Adam Lambert's performances more than those of any of the previous winners, not because TV.com, EW.com, or the judges, or any network say so, but because I like his music best - it really suits my taste. I would buy an album with his crazy, fast-paced, classic rock songs.

Jordin Sparks is my second-favorite, but I find that Adam's virtuoso is a lot more difficult to achieve. But they both make it sound like they were naturally born with such fabulousness. Carrie Underwood and David Cook were pretty awesome too. But I don't think any of the past winners can beat Adam in entertainment value. Adam is always highly anticipated, since he sang Satisfcation in the Top 36.

Edited on 04/29/2009 5:04pm
    Edited 2 total times.

KamakaLo

[36]Apr 29, 2009
    Adam and Kris both landed in the bottom 3 before Danny?? So unbelievable lol

thesuitelife44

[37]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 13
    Even though Allison is my fave, and i am super super SUPER happy she is saved, i cant believe adam is in the bottom 3. i bet he will be the first one sent back to alli and danny.

KamakaLo

[38]Apr 29, 2009
    I'll miss Matt. I thought he did great last night. He even sounded great going out tonight. I'm sure he'll do well..

YAY rock is next week. Should be good!

kikimarie593

[39]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 27
    Oh my gosh tonight was so awesome! Both contestants that I hate were the bottom 2 with Matt going home! Yay! I love Allison, Danny, and Kris though, so I'm a little worried about next week. Now that Adam was in the bottom 2 his fans will probably step it up a little. I'd love for him to go home next, but I know that he won't.

kal915

[40]Apr 29, 2009
    • level: 11
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    Oh my gosh tonight was so awesome! Both contestants that I hate were the bottom 2 with Matt going home! Yay! I love Allison, Danny, and Kris though, so I'm a little worried about next week. Now that Adam was in the bottom 2 his fans will probably step it up a little. I'd love for him to go home next, but I know that he won't.

That is exactly how I feel! No Joke