American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 5 Perform & The Results Show!!

amaryllis88

[61]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 20
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    ^^Ew gross..can anyone say jailbait? Also, someone said something about Adam maybe getting a big head but I sort of think its Danny. The OLD Danny wouldve just laughed off the bill for $6 grand and be like yeah ok..where as last night he was like "what?! with all the money this show makes?!". I was laughing at the bluntness of it, because I was thinking the same thing, but jeez Danny take a joke, they arent going to SERIOUSLY make you pay for it!

I know!! Did you see the sparkley envelope they handed the bill to Danny in? I mean if they can go all fancy shmancy with the envelope, they can certainly afford to pay the clean up/maid bill. But really, 6 grand? They just needed some mobs, buckets, paper towels, and sham-wows...that would've handled the job, and that seriously ain't no 6 grand mess! Unless they did a whole lot more than what they showed us on camera. Which could very well be a possibility, I don't expect the entire filming of the party scene to be shown.

I did like Matt patting Danny on the shoulder with his floured hand, that's a classic! I seriously almost had a heart attack when I found out Adam was in the bottom 3, omg, and then to see him standing next to Matt, as the seconds ticked by...omg!! Didn't Adam give Matt a little peck on the cheek? It looked like it, or maybe he just whispered somethin' into his ear.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

goodridd

[62]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 17
    Xannie wrote:
    goodridd wrote:

I would have rather seen Adam or Danny go.

People used to say that Scott was riding the sympathy vote, now I think it's Danny.

There is no sympathy votes in the top 5

If you can't sing you are not going to be in the top 5 of American Idol.

It's ok not to like someones singing, I really can't stand Allisons voice with her adding an H to every other word but I respect other people liking her.

Stop using this sympathy vote term it's just not true.

Someone could have their entire family killed by a chainsaw killer but if they can't sing they don't get to be in this top 5.

I didn't phrase that very well. I believe that Danny has been getting sympathy votes all season, and I think it's led people to think he's been better than he really has.

I believe that sympathy is affecting peoples opinion of his talent. I'm not saying he's bad, but he's going to get farther than he should because of how they showcased his dead wife "situation" earlier in the season.

kikimarie593

[63]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 27
    goodridd wrote:
    Xannie wrote:
    goodridd wrote:

I would have rather seen Adam or Danny go.

People used to say that Scott was riding the sympathy vote, now I think it's Danny.

There is no sympathy votes in the top 5

If you can't sing you are not going to be in the top 5 of American Idol.

It's ok not to like someones singing, I really can't stand Allisons voice with her adding an H to every other word but I respect other people liking her.

Stop using this sympathy vote term it's just not true.

Someone could have their entire family killed by a chainsaw killer but if they can't sing they don't get to be in this top 5.

I didn't phrase that very well. I believe that Danny has been getting sympathy votes all season, and I think it's led people to think he's been better than he really has.

I believe that sympathy is affecting peoples opinion of his talent. I'm not saying he's bad, but he's going to get farther than he should because of how they showcased his dead wife "situation" earlier in the season.

I have to agree with Xannie on this one. I seriously don't think that Danny is getting sympathy votes. Scott's blindand he didn't make it to the top 5, but that's because he's not a good enough singer. It's not like he can't sing at all, so he did deserve to get as far as he did. He's sill a really good singer. And I've liked Danny from the very beginning, his dead wife does not effect my vote at all. In fact, I forgot all about his wife until you mentioned it in your post.

buffyangel4evr_

[64]Apr 30, 2009
    ^ Danny's been my favorite since the original auditions. And his dead wife hasn't been mentioned in what, almost two months? No sympathy votes there anymore, IMO.

goodridd

[65]Apr 30, 2009

Well, I could be wrong. But I feel that he probably gained a lot of loyal fans early on because of his story and how emotional he was over it. Hell, I felt for the guy and was rooting for him early on. But with every passing week his charm is wearing off of me. I was very surprised that he was not in the bottom 3 this week. It was the same with Scott. I felt for the guy and was a fan early on, but his performances wore on me a little each week until I thought it was his time to go.

Agan, I don't think Gokey is bad, It's just that I don't think he's that great. I like his voice, just not his performances. It's just my opinion.

Edited on 04/30/2009 8:25pm

oldsage

[66]Apr 30, 2009
    • level: 9

amaryllis88 wrote:
    I know!! Did you see the sparkley envelope they handed the bill to Danny in? I mean if they can go all fancy shmancy with the envelope, they can certainly afford to pay the clean up/maid bill. But really, 6 grand? They just needed some mobs, buckets, paper towels, and sham-wows...that would've handled the job, and that seriously ain't no 6 grand mess! Unless they did a whole lot more than what they showed us on camera. Which could very well be a possibility, I don't expect the entire filming of the party scene to be shown.

Um... you did realize that the whole maid bill thing was a joke, right?

sunnystarz

[67]May 1, 2009
    • level: 1
    oldsage wrote:

amaryllis88 wrote:

who knows? i remember when one of the real world cast member went nuts on some furniture, MTV certainly didn't pay for it... they billed the guy for like thousands..

kikimarie593

[68]May 1, 2009
    • level: 27
    sunnystarz wrote:
    oldsage wrote:

amaryllis88 wrote:

who knows? i remember when one of the real world cast member went nuts on some furniture, MTV certainly didn't pay for it... they billed the guy for like thousands..

No, it was a joke. Wrecking furniture is different then throwing around cake batter. Furniture might cost thousands, but certainly not cake.

haldrey

[69]May 1, 2009
    • level: 22
    Natalie is a fantastic performer and a star on her own, no father needed, and she is, in case nobody knows, waiting for Kidney transplant.
    Edited on 05/01/2009 10:50am

amaryllis88

[70]May 1, 2009
    oldsage wrote:

Yeah I got that it was a joke, I'm being sarcastic! I probably should've added several emoticons to profess my sarcasm.

Xannie

[71]May 1, 2009
    • level: 6
    goodridd wrote:

Well, I could be wrong. But I feel that he probably gained a lot of loyal fans early on because of his story and how emotional he was over it. Hell, I felt for the guy and was rooting for him early on. But with every passing week his charm is wearing off of me. I was very surprised that he was not in the bottom 3 this week. It was the same with Scott. I felt for the guy and was a fan early on, but his performances wore on me a little each week until I thought it was his time to go.

Agan, I don't think Gokey is bad, It's just that I don't think he's that great. I like his voice, just not his performances. It's just my opinion.

I respect your opinion and I do see where you're coming from.

A back-story like Danny's grabs you attention from the get go at least it did for me but if he didn't have the amazing voice that he is blessed with he wouldn't still be here.

I listen to his performances every day and his rendition of 'Jesus take the wheel' makes me cry and I'm not thinking of his loss when that happens.

Like you're saying yourself, his story made you root for him early on but now that is wearing off so now he gets most of his votes for his singing.

I truely believe that.

goodridd

[72]May 1, 2009
    Xannie wrote:
    goodridd wrote:

I respect your opinion and I do see where you're coming from.

A back-story like Danny's grabs you attention from the get go at least it did for me but if he didn't have the amazing voice that he is blessed with he wouldn't still be here.

I listen to his performances every day and his rendition of 'Jesus take the wheel' makes me cry and I'm not thinking of his loss when that happens.

Like you're saying yourself, his story made you root for him early on but now that is wearing off so now he gets most of his votes for his singing.

I truely believe that.

That's cool. I'm glad there is someone you can connect with this season. I'm currently rooting for Allison, but I don't really care who wins. Nobody this year has struck me as an artist who's album I would buy.

diable666

[73]May 2, 2009
    • level: 2

sunnystarz wrote:
    (who knew taylor hick was an american idol, the same institution that gave us the wonderful Carrie Underwood?)

I didn't watch that season(5), so i was always puzzled why he won. After watching his live performance , i know why. He is a good live entertainer. Some artist are better in a studio, some on a stage.

So people. let's stop helping people in danger and vote for your true favorite,lol.

Xannie

[74]May 2, 2009
    • level: 6
    goodridd wrote:

That's cool. I'm glad there is someone you can connect with this season. I'm currently rooting for Allison, but I don't really care who wins. Nobody this year has struck me as an artist who's album I would buy.

Actually, much as I love Danny my favorite is Adam

And this year is the first time (been watching since season 5) I WOULD buy someone's album or go see them play.

I would both of them.

buffyangel4evr_

[75]May 2, 2009
    diable666 wrote:

sunnystarz wrote:
    (who knew taylor hick was an american idol, the same institution that gave us the wonderful Carrie Underwood?)

I didn't watch that season(5), so i was always puzzled why he won. After watching his live performance , i know why. He is a good live entertainer. Some artist are better in a studio, some on a stage.

So people. let's stop helping people in danger and vote for your true favorite,lol.

Season 5 was when the "real" American Idol was voted off during the top 4, Chris Daughtry. So the choices were--Elliot Yamin-good singet but not really superstar material. Katherine McPhee-boring pop songs all the time. Taylor Hicks-not THE best singer but a terrific performer. Not much of a selection, that's what happens when people get complacent and figure someone else will vote for the good ones and vote the ones you feel sorry for.

DowntownChick

[76]May 2, 2009
    • level: 1
    Although all the performances were good, I really felt Adam stood above the rest. How could the fans have become so complacent leaving him to hang with the bottom 3. And tell us, was he really second from the bottom? Was it necessary to make him choose to join winners or losers? I think the tension boosted ratings. I was happy with the outcome.

TreeHill_89

[77]May 4, 2009
    • level: 32
    I was so surprised when Ryan said that Adam was in the bottom 3. I'm sad that Matt left and he was one of my fav's

ebony_kunoichi

[78]May 5, 2009
    • level: 13

about danny's fans, I think he gets the Frau and the Fundie vote. The Church going fundies love him. They have praery thread for him over on the whacko AI site that will remain nameless. So yeah Danny has fans. They may not be the screaming kind, but they are out there

Yeah and I thought I was the only one that noticed that danny was a little grab boob with Allison.

Edited on 05/05/2009 7:29am

imthemediagirl

[79]May 8, 2009
    • level: 12
    haldrey wrote:
    Natalie is a fantastic performer and a star on her own, no father needed, and she is, in case nobody knows, waiting for Kidney transplant.

im sorry, and i really feel for her in that case, but this is the second time she has performed on american idol and the second time she has had almost zero singing ability.