American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 6 Perform & Results Show!!!

RyanSeacrest

[1]Apr 27, 2011
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeldeb82

[2]Apr 27, 2011
    • level: 12

Well, here's a list of the songs these Top 6 sang:

Jacob - "Oh No Not My Baby"

Lauren - "Where You Lead"

Duet #1: Haley and Casey - "I Feel the Earth Move"

Scotty - "You've Got a Friend"

James - "Will You Love Me Tomorrow"

Duet #2: Lauren and Scotty - "Up on the Roof"

Casey - "That Old Sweet Roll (Hi-De-Ho)"

Haley - "Beautiful" (Carole King)

Duet #3: James and Jacob: "I'm Into Something Good"

What do you think?

And here's a recap: Some Kind of Wonderful

Edited on 04/28/2011 7:43am

Mich_Mari

[3]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 4

Only two words for tonight - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I have absolutely no idea, who's gonna go home tomorrow. I mean, in previous weeks it was predictable, obvious even (well, except for Pia, of course). Well, it is probably quite clear this week, too - either Jacob or Haley. It will be shame either way, so... surprise me, America!

Edited on 04/28/2011 9:56pm

Larexx

[4]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 11

Week 9 featured Carole King songs.

1- Jacob Lusk: "Oh No Not My Baby" Oh no, not him again! What the hell was he wearing? He had on a gray plaid blazer, purple plaid bowtie, yellow shirt, blue vest & jeans-wow! LOL!! I love color but I don't try to wear EVERY color at the same time!! Just horrible! Out of ALL the fabulous songs to choose from he picked one I never heard of before & after hearing him sing it, I hope to never hear it again! I hate everything about this guy! Steven thought it was "beautiful" & Randy told him he was "sharp in a couple of spots". Well, he's not a sharp dresser, that's for sure!

2-Lauren Alaina: "Where You Lead" Another song I never heard. She had on HUGE earrings. I thought it was an ok performance. She was upset because she missed a high note. Steven told her she "shined when your voice broke". She also got to meet her idol, of all people, Miley Cyrus.

Casey & Haley Duet: "IFeel The Earth Move" I love this song. Casey did his bluesy, jazzy thing & she did her growly thing. I'm not a big fan of the blues or jazz so I'm starting to get tired of Casey's "style". I do agree with the other contestants who called him a genius because he can play any instrument, apparently, and is very talented but I don't see myself buying his music in the future. Also, speaking of fashion, I hate his low, baggy crotch pants.I kept thinking,"somebody take that boy shopping for a pair of proper fitting pants!". I did like Haley's black & silver dress.

3-Scotty McCreery: "You've Got A Friend" He sang in a mellow, softer & higher voice & I liked it! Randy liked his "tenor tone" & declared Scotty wants to win it!

4-James Durbin: "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" An oldie but goodie! And I LOVED his version! I can see myself buying his music in the future. JLo said it was "totally magical" & he'd be the "star of the night" and he was! Randy said, "This guy just might win the whole thing!".

Lauren & Scotty Duet: "Up On The Roof" I liked her dress but not with the fringed boots. Their version of the song was soo different I barely recognized it. JLo told Lauren, "you sing your brains off" & to Scotty, "you did really good too".

5-Casey Abrams: "Hi-De-Ho" He played a few notes on the piano. It was very bluesy with lots of mmm's & I didn't enjoy it! JLo told him to "loosen up". I'm not sure that's a good idea!!

6-Haley Reinhart: "Beautiful" It was just ok for me. Steven said, "I heard God. You nailed it." Randy said the beginning was "boring". More along my line of thinking!

Jacob & James' Duet: "I'm In To Something Good" To close the show. I like Peter Noone's (Herman's Hermits) version so much better. Jacob just ruins EVERY song he sings! Steven agreed with me asking them, "Where were you going with all that?" Funny!

I'd hate to lose one of the girls but I think they will both be in the bottom 3 tonight along with Jacob. I pray he goes home!

pamhalpert

[5]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 14

I give up. I have no clue how Casey and Pia are gone, but Scotty is still there. The judges Always say "You can't play it safe and expect to continue", yet Scotty has played it safe from Day 1, and he is still there. He basically sounds like he plays the same slow country song week after week, but he just changes the words.

mksystem74

[6]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 11

WHY is Scotty still here? I was so glad to see him in the bottom 3, I've been wanting him gone since the beginning. I really hope this is the beginning of the end for him. America needs to stop voting for this guy.

Mich_Mari

[7]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 4

Not really the surprise I wanted. I would definitely sacrifice Jacob rather than Casey. Fortunately for me, I read who went home before I watched the result show by mistake - if not, I guess I would have even believed, that Scotty goes home, interesting to see him in the bottom three. Well, what should I say? - it's a shame, but they're all great, so it's tough every week.

angeldeb82

[8]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 12
    Well, anyway, here's a recap: Exit Jazzman

haldrey

[9]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 22
    Who is going to win this season is almost set. Glad Casey is gone and I believe that the next ones will be Jacob and Scotty. Where I believe America went wrong was with Pia, still missing her and waiting for her first CD.

pamhalpert

[10]Apr 29, 2011
    haldrey wrote:
    Who is going to win this season is almost set. Glad Casey is gone and I believe that the next ones will be Jacob and Scotty. Where I believe America went wrong was with Pia, still missing her and waiting for her first CD.

I heard a rumor that Pia's CD isn't allowed to be released until after the bull$&!t Idol Tour is over.

Also, As much as I hate it, I'm predicting Scotty wins the whole thing. There are to many "Family Values" families, Grandmas, and wholesome parents voting for this Hack!

Even if he wins, he will never make it. Anybody remember last years winner Lee Dewyze? I wonder which Wal-Mart he is bagging groceries at?

Nordan123

[11]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 6

pamhalpert wrote:
    Also, As much as I hate it, I'm predicting Scotty wins the whole thing.

I guess that's possible but I hope not.I really don't know why the judges are so fond of him while they come down on others for playing it "safe".

Scotty hasn't challenged his voice once,not really gone out of his safe zone at all.

For me it's James Durbin all the way,he seems to master everything and he puts on one hell of a show every time!!

He may be "too rough" to win it all but he makes me smile every time and he's already a star.

pamhalpert

[12]Apr 29, 2011
    Nordan123 wrote:

pamhalpert wrote:
    Also, As much as I hate it, I'm predicting Scotty wins the whole thing.

I guess that's possible but I hope not.I really don't know why the judges are so fond of him while they come down on others for playing it "safe".

Scotty hasn't challenged his voice once,not really gone out of his safe zone at all.

For me it's James Durbin all the way,he seems to master everything and he puts on one hell of a show every time!!

He may be "too rough" to win it all but he makes me smile every time and he's already a star.

I could not agree more. Team James all the way!

bkyle2429

[13]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 15

the top six were all very good Casey going home was no surpise to he was living on borrowed time aka the judges saved, next to go home will be Haley she is good but she has been in the bottom three many times, I have saying that the Final Four would be Scotty, James, Jacob and Lauren since top 13 and every week since they have been pulling away, Scotty this week was very boring that is the reason her was in the Bottom three, if he does not next week it could leave the door open Haley, out of my final Four Scotty is the most vulnerable, my prediction for teh finale is Lauren and James with Lauren winning, James is the most consistent but Lauren is coming on Strong, Don't worry Jacob and Scotty fan they will have records no problem!! I have heard the Pia has a deal right now, she was awesome on DWTS

pamhalpert

[14]Apr 29, 2011
    bkyle2429 wrote:

the top six were all very good Casey going home was no surpise to he was living on borrowed time aka the judges saved, next to go home will be Haley she is good but she has been in the bottom three many times, I have saying that the Final Four would be Scotty, James, Jacob and Lauren since top 13 and every week since they have been pulling away, Scotty this week was very boring that is the reason her was in the Bottom three, if he does not next week it could leave the door open Haley, out of my final Four Scotty is the most vulnerable, my prediction for teh finale is Lauren and James with Lauren winning, James is the most consistent but Lauren is coming on Strong, Don't worry Jacob and Scotty fan they will have records no problem!! I have heard the Pia has a deal right now, she was awesome on DWTS

I love the way the Judges criticized Casey for "Growling" in his songs, yet Haley does an annoying growl in every performance.

TreeHill_89

[15]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 32
    I can't believe that someone has talented has Casey has gone. Why is Scotty still there? I mean he plays it safe every week where you never knew what Casey would do next and that's what made him a performancer. I really hope James wins followed by Lauren, if Scotty wins then it won't be long before he fades aways. JAMES TO WIN!

SandyHolland

[16]May 2, 2011
    • level: 1

Scotty, if you want to make it to the finale, then sing, 3 wooden crosses by Randy Travis. Please learn ALL the words. Thank-you, a big time fan in Florida. It is crunch time right now. Bring it home for all your millions of fans!