American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 7 Perform - Again & The Results Show!

FCBarca

[21]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 15

I thought this last week during the Top 7 performances and it was echoed by Randy last night...Best final 7 in AI, ever...Extremely strong group of finalists...They each have their own style etc. and each are likely to have large followings of fans.

Bottom 2 among a strong 7, for me, would be Anoop & Lil.

Strong performances all around, really solid night, IMHO...Everyone could nearly make a case for being the best.

Kris Allen may not win but I realized last night that he's going to be one to watch in the future...Just super super super talented kid and as a fan of music, he's someone I will definitely get behind and be a fan of...Someone with more than just a voice but is truly an artist...Fewer and fewer artists out there...You know, those artists that you know whatever they put out, it's got 110% of their efforts and will not be some carbon copy of something you've heard before...That's Kris Allen for me...I'm going to listen to whatever he has to sing...Great stuff...THIS, for me, is what AI is about

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bonjovichick

[22]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 16

Ok random thoughts

Allison... you have to be kidding me with that outfit. Looked like she was wearing a bedazzled wet suit. Mostly the leggings bothered me but also didn't like the shoes. They would of been fine but she can't walk in them. Nothing makes killer heels look bad faster than not being able to walk in them.

Lil was the worst plain and simple.

Matt couldn't even watch it though I do want to give him the nod for the hat so I didn't need to see the third eye.

I hope Anoop makes it until next week as he was better than the other two but then know he should go.

Adam I really didn't like his look or his song at all. I really like him but that was by far his worst performance for me.

Disco pretty much was a bad bad choice for a theme night.

Kris was awesome. Though I have to say for the first time his facial expressions bothered me a little. I have heard people complain about it or mention it for weeks but never really bothered me... last night they did. Still love him though.

Kris-Adam- Danny final three for me!

Larexx

[23]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 11

Week 7 featured not so Disco night!

Lil Rounds-Bad song choice, bad performance, all around bad!

Kris Allen-He turned "She Works Hard For The Money" into a Santana sounding song with the bongo drums. He played his guitar & was vocally perfect. Still my favorite!

Danny Gokey-A great choice, well done!

Allison Iraheta-Again hated the black pleather/spandex outfit! She rocked out "Hot Stuff" in her McGruff style...which I don't like!

Adam Lambert-Wore a black suit, Blues Bros style for disco night?! Started out mellow, screeched through the middle, girled out the last high note! I'd never buy his music but think he does have talent, if you like that style which many do, and deserves to be in the top 3.

Matt Giraud-He tried to rock out to "Stayin Alive". I thought he did ok but still believe it was a wasted save. I do like his hat. I just got my son a similar hat but nicer, imported from Ireland made from Irish wool in a brown tweed. Very classy!

Anoop Desai-"Dance The Night Away" sounded totally different. I thought it was an ok performance but do like the tone of his voice. Always have!

Bottom 3: Lil, Anoop & Matt with Lil & Matt going home tonight!

amaryllis88

[24]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 20
    I'm guessing the contestants must've missed the memo that it was Disco week, because what we saw last night, wasn't Disco, I was expecting something else entirely, unless loads of generations of people just have misconceptions about the whole genre of music! Anyway, it was quite interesting to jump right into the singing, and have no intro. Guess nobody needs an intro when it comes to disco.

Lil was a mess, I forgot her, and the judges were pretty right about her too, it's time for her to go. I'm glad Matt wore a hat, but he just looks so odd with it on, almost like really feminine in a way, but I'm glad we were put out of our misery because it blocked that mole/third eye.

It did seem like Danny forgot his lyrics towards the end of his song, my sister and I rewound that a few times to see it again, and it was live, poor guy. I liked Adam's performance, but I was expecting something more glamorous, and more out there, Disco was an era of unexpected fashion, and I was wanting something like a full-body glam/ABBA rockin' suit, but yeah, I think I was wanting too much.

Kara messed up when she was critiquing Adam, told him he was from Saturday Night Live rather than Saturday Night Fever. She was just trying to see how much more her words can get jambalaya than Paula's Pool of Abdul mismatched analogies and spew of commentary. Liked that all four judges contributed, but I did kinda miss the lil intro's to each of the contestants.

taillow22

[25]Apr 22, 2009

Kris is so good! IDK why the judges spend their time worshipping Danny when Kris is sooo much better????

7. Anoop (I completely forget what he sang)

6. Um Danny the Messiah, and I'm being serious

5. Little

4. Matt

3. Alli girl

2. Adam

1. Kris 'deserves more worship' Allen

yaminion

[26]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 23
    it was overall a pretty good night actually. lil did not do very good at all. i think she knows the end is near for her but she made the final 7 and is going on tour. i thought she would be doing so much better in the competeiton. she really messed up big time in the competition and she should go home. kris was one of the strongest of the night probably even the strongest. he is the most improved in the competition. it is like lil went down and kris went up. kris gave us an original performance as simon said. if you told me at the beginning of the competition kris would make the final 5, i would be like i dont think so. kris has improved every week and now i would be shocked if he did not make the top 5. he is brilliant. i thought danny gave a good vocal. he is like taylor hicks a lot when he sings upbeat songs. i agree with simon though. he did not have a moment last night. he is safe though and he is probably gonna be the finale because he has a huge fanbase. it was a pretty good night for him last night. allison is great. i really like her. these contestants seem like a nice and fun group. allison is only 16 but her vocals are incredible. her perfoamnce last night was not her best but i thought it was in the top 4 best performances of the night. adam is brilliant. thed only bad performance he gave was ring of fire which atleast got people talking. his performance last night was not my favorite of his. his vocals were great and he is safe for sure but i thought the whole rock thing in the middle was just weird. the judges gave matt giraud another chance and he gave a very good vocal. matt probably wont win and the save could cause a shocker since 2 people leave. i thought it was a little desperate but he performs good with that hat but it was certainly desperate. anoops performance was in the top 2 worst performances of the night. it was really dull. i thought it was horrible. he finally sings last on the show and he could have ended the show with a great performance but he messed up. i think anoop and lil should go. other possibilities are matt and allison. i really dont see kris danny and adam going home or eeven being in the bottom 3 but as i said the save could cause a shocker. matt could have gotten a lot of votes last night.
    Edited on 04/22/2009 4:18pm

simpsonian100

[27]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 12

I was dreading last night because I hate disco, but it didn't feel like disco to me. Half the disco songs had a non-disco spin to it, while I always considered "Earth, Wind, and Fire" to be more of a soul-funk group and not disco.

Lil: She's a talented contestant who just cannot go any farther. At this point, someone fails and someone has to go. At this point, I don't think Lil, the judges, or any of us know what she needs to do to win. I don't think she can go any farther. The performance was karaoke and just desperate. Hopefully she has a good tour this summer.

Kris: I've never been a big fan of him because I'm a guy and we don't generally go for ladies' men, but last night he was brilliant! That was easily his best performance and it was creative. He deserves to make it through tonight.

Danny: I wasn't into it. It was all over the place. He sounded well, but he seemed to totally disregard the melody. I don't mind him tweaking things, but it has to match a little more. I think he makes it through, but I seriously think he could go anytime.

Allison: Her edgy voice goes well for a song about getting hot stuff. She was hot stuff, vocally and that outfit, which makes me hope to see her in the finale.

Adam: As always, it's Adam vs. the field. He shouldn't be here proving himself. He should already be selling platinim albums and selling out stadiums across the country. Last night was no exception. I was not surprised to see him do a ballad. Usually, his songs sound nothing like the original, unless he does a rock song. The battle for 2nd should be interesting.

Matt: That was quite the comeback performance for him. He deserved to be saved and I hope he makes it for at least two more weeks. The problem is, he is so inconsistent. He's always either one of the best or one of the worst. He had a smooth sound to it.

Anoop: Eh. That peformance was getting pretty boring. His performance was beautiful last week and he went in the bottom three. This week's was his worst peformance since "Caught Up" and I think we've seen the last of him for this season. I don't think he was as bad as Simon said, but I would call it mediocre. I got sidetracked about other things I could've been watching. That's never a good sign!

Going Home: Lil and Anoop

Should Be Going Home: Lil and Anoop

7. Lil

6. Anoop

5. Danny

4. Allison

3. Matt

2. Kris

1. Adam (Can we just crown him already?)

myintermail

[28]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 7
    Not really a disco night but whatever, it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Safe:
    Kris Allen (Very different take on the song and I love it!)
    Adam Lambert (Not my favorite performance but it's good enough than most of them)
    Allison Iraheta (I know there is a genre call disco punk, I blame the arrangement and the band for not investing a better electric guitar)
    Annop Desai (Except the last note, his vocals are pretty good)

Bottom 3:
    Matt Giraud (Don't like it at all. Should be in trouble)
    Lil Rounds (Funny I didn't find hers the worst, but she is still bad. bye!)
    Danny Gokey (He dropped the lyrics, sings karaoke and the majority of the judges did not say anything)

Losterrific

[29]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 9
    They lip synced their voices tonight when they did their little dances.

buffyangel4evr_

[30]Apr 22, 2009

Losterrific wrote:
    They lip synced their voices tonight when they did their little dances.

Yeah, that was really obvious. But Paula did a great job choreographing. Even Danny had rhythm.

buffyangel4evr_

[31]Apr 22, 2009

Thank you AI for not torturing us all with anticipation. Lil is eliminated. At least now she doesn't have to be tortured the whole show wondering if she was gone.

angeldeb82

[32]Apr 22, 2009
    Lil is eliminated, and Adam is safe yet again!

buffyangel4evr_

[33]Apr 22, 2009

Lip-synched group number, that was a bit disappointing. One plus, great choreography by Paula.

Getting down to business, Lil is eliminated. Smart move producers.

Disco medley...Didn't catch the first lady's name, Ryan was mumbling again. Look, it's Big Bird! Oh wait, that's Thelma Houston. Oops. KC minus the Sunshine Band.

Anoop and Allison in the bottom three. Wait, isn't it really bottom two at this point? Lil was already eliminated, or are they being technical? *shrugs*

David Archuleta. Cute little pop song. Not bad. It's not really my cup of tea.

Elimination time.............Drumroll............Anoop.

IMO, the right ones were eliminated. Yeah Danny!!

I switched the station when they started showing the montage. Next week's theme? Any one catch it?

My_Dog_Misty

[34]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 13
    ^^ They definitely lip synced lol.

If Allison and Lil would've left, I don't think I would've watched the show the rest of the season..

angeldeb82

[35]Apr 22, 2009
    Ha! I knew that Lil and Anoop would be eliminated! It seems the Judges Save really paid off for Matt! Oh, and Allison was in the bottom 2 again! But it doesn't matter, she's still safe!

oldsage

[36]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 9

Tonight's results show...

Haven't all the group performances been lyp-sync'd?

Lil and Anoop being eliminated... I suppose the voters got it right, though I think there's going to be some controversy with respect to the elimination.

I was surprised that Matt wasn't in the bottom three, and I was furious that Allison was. I had thought that should would have earned most of Megan's votes once she was eliminated, but Matt made a miraculous comeback after what could easily be characterized as a mediocre performance. 45 million votes is crazy... isn't that like 8 million votes more than last week? Did they keep the phone lines open longer this week?

Allison being in bottom three is driving me nuts. Am I the only one who thinks she's finals material? I imagine that the fact that she's female is a big strike against her... the AI voter demographic is heavily skewed towards the cute and the male.. still... you're think the tweens would identify with Allison...

It would have depressed me to see her eliminated this week, on a theme that's clearly not her strength. I hate theme week's... is next week judge's choice?

OrSoIThought

[37]Apr 22, 2009
    Hey, I'm with you on Allison. I was furious she was in the bottom 2 rather than Matt. He should have gone home last week in my opinion. But Simon only saved him because he was afraid he might have to save Anoop. He even said so in an interview. And I would like to know what everyone has against Anoop. His performance wasn't his best but it wasn't enough to get sent home. He has an incredible voice, what's the problem?

kdtfiles

[38]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 23
    From some article I read back near the begining of the season they said they'd do all the group performances via lip-sync, because last season there were sooooo many issues with mics not working, and volume issues. So this season they pre-record the song to ensure there isn't any problems.

KamakaLo

[39]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 22
    Nice Top 5 Exactly how it should be.

goodridd

[40]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 17

I'm with you guys on Allison, she's no worse than top 3 material IMO. I get frustrated that she is in the bottom 3 so frequently. I would be voting for her, but I work nights and I get off right at the cut-off time for voting.

Unless Danny has an amazing performance next week, I think he should go next. But we all know it will be Matt or Allison going home.

Also, Archuleta(sp?) sounded terrible as usual.