American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 7 Perform - Again & The Results Show!

stellarchick86

[41]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 32
    Cant believe Allison is in the top 3 but not Matt. I hope the show didnt skew that so they didnt look foolish for saving Matt and then sending him home the next week. Oh well, at least she didnt go home. Anoop looked pissed as hell to be leaving I was cracking up. I think he takes himself way too seriously. Other than that, I predicted Anoop and Lil so nothin new there and I liked their group performance, even if it was on the cheesy side. I figured it was lipsynched because there were no mics and there was a lot more dancing required than usual. Didnt care about the past-their-15-minutes-of-fame-disco-singers and Archie sounded pretty bad tonight, like offkey or something..I used to love him. I still think hes adorable though. Guess thats it till next week..would love to know the theme next week though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Butterflyagirl

[42]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 8

KamakaLo wrote:
    Nice Top 5 Exactly how it should be.

I totally agree. But I'm still not sure about Alison. For me she's very overrated.

I was so happy they got rid of Lil so fast. Seriously I couldn't have put up with another week of her horrible performances.

It was sad to see Anoop go. Despite the fact he's very talented he's not in the same level as the others.

I can't wait for next week! The competition is going to get tough.

Edited on 04/22/2009 10:52pm

Javon8

[43]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 1

[QUOTE="RyanSeacrest"]Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!![/QUO

Anoop sings very well and he's off the show. Lil sings very well and she has been her own women and she's off the show. Kris can't sing and he still on the show. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Lil, Anoop, Danny, and Allison will sell alot of music So it really don't matter that it's already in the basket Adam will win. Adam really is not all that good.........

bonjovichick

[44]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 16

Is there any question after last night that the right person won American Idol last year? That song by Archie was awful and he sang it even worse than the song probably is.

If the final two is Adam and Kris then it will be the two most talented. It looks promising for that to be the case but one bad week and you never know.

OrSoIThought

[45]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    It's hard to tell, but I stand here with eliminations thus far next to go is either Allison or Matt. Then Danny or Kris. It depends on who has the stronger fanbase here. Kris's fans aren't as obsessive (thank God you guys are so cool), so its hard to tell how strong the fan base is. And Danny's appear to be slipping, but he's still doing well despite the fact that he doesn't seem to care. I'm disappointed to see Anoop leave so soon (Matt should have left. How the crap was he safe) and I'm a little mad that they're having Jazz week (apparently) the week after Lil leaves (probably would have been a comeback for her). That said, these guys are all so talented, I don't see how any of them will do badly after this. And Anoop wasn't angry last night, lol, he was disappointed. The expression was clearly sad and disappointed not angry. You just laughed because the poor guy's heart broke.

oldsage

[46]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 9

Jazz week next week? I really hope not. This is a pop music talent contest. What's next, Opera week?

They really need to dispense with the theme weeks. The show is painting the contestants in a box and then criticizing them for not "being themselves" or because they picked the wrong song.

They should simply have the "song that best showcases your talent" week...

ebony_kunoichi

[47]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 13

Alright peeps results time:

Right off the bat merkin gets the boot. I knew this was coming and VFTW couldnt even save her, but did anyone notice that she sang like 10x better last night than she did on Tuesday!?!? What is with her? She actually was on key for most of the performance. Just odd.

Then they trot out Disco Mamma #1, who looks great since she is like in her 50's or 60's. Then Disco Mamma #2 struts her stuff in yellow. I thought they both looked great. KC is next and he looks like he ate the original KC Wow has he changed over the years.

Then out trots the midget Gaspy the Great...He sings some weak a** ballad about holding hands or some nonsense and parts of the song was off key. Gaspy smiles and moves with robot like percision, I swear he isn't human. I agree with BJC, we all knew that Cook was the better singer and I am still shocked that Gaspy made it that far. Gaspy's star is fading. What happened to the rabid Archuleta fans? Now he is performing at malls and county fairs? Great career move kid. He'll hit puberty and his voice will change and no one will care next year.

Is it muh HDTV or does Adam look a bit bloated this week? I dont know if it was the camera angle or what. Danny Jesse Raphael looks like such a douche and he seems like he is really disinterested. He did take off his glasses and I was once again distracted by his uber cuteness. He goes from Seth Rogen to Robert Downey Jr.

Allison in the bottom 3? I'm not surprised. Unless Allison pulls off a stellar performance than she is cannon fodder. I love Allison, but her fan base is not that large. It's gonna be a sausage fest for the top 4 IMO. Once again, it's a popularity contest and Allison may be a great singer but she isnt attractive enough to catch the adoring tween crowd and she's a chick, so the frau's aren't voting for her. It doesnt help that she is kinda thick too. Matt got more votes? Are you kidding me! I was all for Matt in the beginning, but now he is just a mediocre cyclops.

My poor sweet Anoop Slumdog, I think he was a bit pissed and disappointed with a mixture of sadness, but Anoop will have a great future either in singing or his education. I like that anoop was a little bitter. He has a backbone, now that is sexy.

Edited on 04/23/2009 7:02am
    Edited 2 total times.

davidanddavid

[48]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 3

This week was no surpise as the 2 less talented and more importnatly the 2 least likeable contestants were voted off. The danger is that Alison, who should be one of the last 3 left standing was in the bottom 3 again this week. She is too good to be in the bottom 3 and my guess is that only little girls vote on Idol.

You can see the songs each contestant sang each week, listen to clips from the original artist and download here:

http://www.whatisthatsong.net/idol/am-idol.html

SludgeVohaul

[49]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 7
    I wasn't necessarily sorry to see either Lil or Anoop go; I never really thought they had a chance of winning. But after tonight's episode I started hating the whole save rule more and more. The reason it's bothered me more is because it's not just a "save" it's also a humongous wake up call for all the fans of Matt Giraud and probably vftw.com too. I'm sure vote-for-the-worst wants Matt to win it all because that will really make American Idol look bad. Now, I know am really biased too because that wart that just happens to be right in the middle of Matt Giraud's forehead bugs the heck out of me, but he is not top five material. His version of Staying Alive was so terrible. The Bee Gees were at home just writhing in pain, I'm sure!

So anyway, not that I thought Lil and Anoop had a chance either way, Matt Giraud not only got saved, but any contestant who got saved would have received a huge bump. I'm not a huge Allison fan, but she does deserve to go farther than Matt.

FCBarca

[50]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 15
    Not a big surprise really...A very strong final 7 and someone had to go...And despite it looking 'odd' that two minorities got the boot (all 3 in the bottom), it's the right call, IMHO.

amaryllis88

[51]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 20
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    Right off the bat merkin gets the boot. I knew this was coming and VFTW couldnt even save her, but did anyone notice that she sang like 10x better last night than she did on Tuesday!?!? What is with her? She actually was on key for most of the performance. Just odd.

That was a quick send-off, wasn't it? And she did sing a lot better than she did on Tuesday night, so she's got the vocals, but she doesn't seem able to harness them correctly. As soon as they finished their choreographed routine, she was up and gone...like they couldn't get rid of her fast enough.

ebony_kunoichi wrote:

Then out trots the midget Gaspy the Great...He sings some weak a** ballad about holding hands or some nonsense and parts of the song was off key. Gaspy smiles and moves with robot like percision, I swear he isn't human. I agree with BJC, we all knew that Cook was the better singer and I am still shocked that Gaspy made it that far.

Not really surprised to see him back on the Idol stage, however I surely did NOT miss listening to him sing, especially after hearing his raspy, gaspy voice again. He sang, "Pull my finger," or was it "Hold my hand?" lol His voice seems to have suffered within the last year, or maybe I'm choosing not to remember how horrid he sounds.

ebony_kunoichi wrote:

Allison in the bottom 3? I'm not surprised. Unless Allison pulls off a stellar performance than she is cannon fodder. I love Allison, but her fan base is not that large. It's gonna be a sausage fest for the top 4 IMO. Once again, it's a popularity contest and Allison may be a great singer but she isnt attractive enough to catch the adoring tween crowd and she's a chick, so the frau's aren't voting for her. It doesnt help that she is kinda thick too.

While my sister and I were talking about Allison last night, and the camera kept giving us shots of her mom & dad, we finally figured out who she looks like. Does anybody recall that 90s sitcom called, "The Dinosaurs?" There was a baby dinosaur whose catch phrase was "Not the momma," whenever he was on his father's back, and he'd hit him with a frying pan or somethin'. Allison looks like that baby dinosaur, but cute too!

ebony_kunoichi wrote:

Matt got more votes? Are you kidding me! I was all for Matt in the beginning, but now he is just a mediocre cyclops.

I am so surprised that Matt pulled enough votes to stay in the competition! Wow! That was a definite shocker, and I think he was shocked as well.

So I liked their choreographed number, definitely showed that they could at least follow enough direction to pull something off. Now did anybody catch what Paula said when she introduced them? It was all mixed & jumbled up...and I guess Ryan chose not to bring up Kara's mistake on live t.v. either. Loved how Ryan asked Simon to explain "clumsy," apparently Simon's definition is different than Webster's definition.

ebony_kunoichi

[52]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 13

FCBarca wrote:
    Not a big surprise really...A very strong final 7 and someone had to go...And despite it looking 'odd' that two minorities got the boot (all 3 in the bottom), it's the right call, IMHO.

Hey FC don't forget my brown sistah Allison, but yeah it's kinda "odd" that Anoop and Lil got the boot and poor Allison at the bottom. Lil deserved to go for sure, she sucked, but Anoop to me has the same voice as Danny or Kris and how is Anoop any more disinteresting than Kris or Danny? I swear they all could form a boy band and call it stiff and boring. Kris interesting? In what way? I can't even name anything he's said during the whole competition. He sings ballads and play the guitar. Anoop sung a lot of boring ballads as well. I swear if Anoop was some hot white stud who looked like...lets say, Robert Pattinson then Allison would for sure have went home. Anoop or "bob" would have the fans squealing about how interesting he is and how much his voice is sooo wonderful...oh the hypocrisy, gag....

Whoever said that little girls are voting on idol, you are correct sir! It the Miley Cyrus crowd and the over 35, house frau. And I would love to see the demographics of American Idol. I'm sure its mostly caucasian. It's like saying tons of white people watched flavor of love or from G's to gents. We all know mostly black folks watch that mess. Sad, but so true. Allison does look like the baby dinosaur! I think Allison is cute though. Her personality roxx!

Edited on 04/23/2009 10:33am

Butterflyagirl

[53]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 8
    oldsage wrote:

Jazz week next week? I really hope not. This is a pop music talent contest. What's next, Opera week?

They really need to dispense with the theme weeks. The show is painting the contestants in a box and then criticizing them for not "being themselves" or because they picked the wrong song.

They should simply have the "song that best showcases your talent" week...

LOL I thought the same when I read that they were going to do Jazz week. Seriously they could come up with better themes. I wish they did again an artist week like they did with Michael Jackson this season.

Larexx

[54]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    I'm glad Lil Rounds is finally gone! And they didn't torture her the whole show! I will miss Anoop Dog though! I was expecting Matt in the bottom 3 but was just as happy to see Allison there. I was hoping she'd go home instead of Anoop. She'll be next to go, then Matt, Danny, Adam & Kris to win!!

baygond_ties

[55]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 2
    i'm really gonna miss anoop. all the ballads gives some variation for AI this year. also his sweet and wonderful vocals. plus he has personality! haven't seen a lot of personality from the other contestants. i hope it'd come out. i still think anoop's the best (for soulful songs)! well, it's just too bad..

i wonder why the judges didn't talk to anoop after he was eliminated? like what they did to lil rounds. ryan told him to sing right after the elimination. what's wrong with them? it's like they don't even care. please don't tell me it's about the screen time..

danny, matt, kris looks the same to me. they all could be commercial but doesn't really stand out. matt is my least favourite between all 3 of them. he's talented but his vocals aren't that good. i thought he would go before anoop (wasting the judge's save. lol), but now i think i'll just have to wait for him to leave next week. xp (no offense to matt's fans)

danny is getting kinda boring now, don't you think? he keeps bringing the same stuff every week. he'll have to come up with something more fresh to stay in AI.

kris: this week's performance was wonderful! i think i'll be rooting for him from now on. (plus allison too)

allison and adam: wow! they're just good. i wonder why allison has been in the bottom 3 for so many times? america doesn't seem to like her. (they liked matt better?)

if next week is jazz week. i think allison would have a chance. however, i think it would be tough for the others, except adam lambert offcourse.. he seems to be able to sing anything! hahaha

FCBarca

[56]Apr 24, 2009
    • level: 15
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

FCBarca wrote:

Hey FC don't forget my brown sistah Allison, but yeah it's kinda "odd" that Anoop and Lil got the boot and poor Allison at the bottom. Lil deserved to go for sure, she sucked, but Anoop to me has the same voice as Danny or Kris and how is Anoop any more disinteresting than Kris or Danny? I swear they all could form a boy band and call it stiff and boring. Kris interesting? In what way? I can't even name anything he's said during the whole competition. He sings ballads and play the guitar. Anoop sung a lot of boring ballads as well. I swear if Anoop was some hot white stud who looked like...lets say, Robert Pattinson then Allison would for sure have went home. Anoop or "bob" would have the fans squealing about how interesting he is and how much his voice is sooo wonderful...oh the hypocrisy, gag....

Whoever said that little girls are voting on idol, you are correct sir! It the Miley Cyrus crowd and the over 35, house frau. And I would love to see the demographics of American Idol. I'm sure its mostly caucasian. It's like saying tons of white people watched flavor of love or from G's to gents. We all know mostly black folks watch that mess. Sad, but so true. Allison does look like the baby dinosaur! I think Allison is cute though. Her personality roxx!

Nah, I mentioned the bottom 3 were all minorities (Including Alison)...Demographics are definitely caucasian and probably younger females...Each season a very annoying couple of caucasian country women or poor singers advance to the Final 7 except this one, IMHO...I continue to contend, this had been a very impressive Final 7...Best ever, IMHO.

That being said, it didn't surprise me that Lil and Anoop weren't getting the 'love'...Same for Alison, which is a shame because I think she's a legit contender...16??!!...Still can't get over that part.

As for Kris Allen, he's my favorite - win, lose or draw...It's not just his singing, it's his artistry and versatility...I'd buy his music and know he wouldn't put out something unoriginal or substandard...I think the same goes for the remaining contestants as Archuleta eluded to the other night, there's a big future ahead for all of them regardless of the 'winner'

fr95

[57]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 3
    Out of the 5 that are left, I hope that Kris goes next. I like Matt a little more than Kris. http://tvmoviesmusiclife.blogspot.com/

nickel2006

[58]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 48
    You people are so critical jeez.

InlovewADnK

[59]Apr 28, 2009

Why did they save Matt? HE wasn't worth it. Simon should've stuck to not saving him. I totally agreed with Simon about Matt's perfomance being terrible.

If you sing a song like the one Matt chose you go home. It's just the way it is. Aoop did much better than Matt did this week and last.

InlovewADnK

[60]Apr 28, 2009

Why did they save Matt? HE wasn't worth it. Simon should've stuck to not saving him. I totally agreed with Simon about Matt's perfomance being terrible.

If you sing a song like the one Matt chose you go home. It's just the way it is. Aoop did much better than Matt did this week and last.