American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 7 Perform & Results Show !!

RyanSeacrest

[1]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

oldsage

[2]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 9

Wow, I can't believe I am the first one to reply to this thread.

Here's my take of tonight's performance.

Scotty - Scotty was Scotty. He was in his comfort zone and I hope his fans don't get complacent. He should be safe.

James - Another great performance and J-Lo was right in calling it the best one of the night. If he's in the bottom three I'd be shocked.

Haley - Good vocal but there was something missing for me. She's always on the bubble but I hope she lasts another week.

Jacob - I felt bad for him when his track was mis-queued. He rallied though and sang beautifully but I think he's in the bottom three.

Casey -I think Steve Tyler said it best if you could read his lips. This guy has talent. He's safe this week.

Stefano - I wasn't impressed. Great voice, but very shallow as a performer. He'll get the teenie-bopper vote. Bottom three is in the cards.

Lauren - Not a good night for her. I think she'll be in the bottom three based on her performance, but I don't think she'll be eliminated.

Stefano, Lauren and Jacob are my predictions for bottom three (though I was wrong last week). Haley is always on the bubble. If both the remaining girls are in the bottom I won't be happy.

Jacob's most likely to go, I think... but he's squeaked by, I hope he does again.

pryl18

[3]Apr 20, 2011
    • level: 14
    Can you post the numbers to vote for the contestants? I missed the show but I still want to vote for my faves. Thanks!

angeldeb82

[4]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 12
    Here's a recap so far:

Scotty - "Swingin'" (he claims it's "by LeAnn Rimes", but it's NOT her original song, and it's from 1983, not 2010!)
    James - "Uprising"
    Haley - "Rolling in the Deep"
    Jacob - "Dance with My Father"
    Casey - "Harder to Breathe"
    Stefano - "Closer" (Ne-Yo)
    Lauren - "Born to Fly"

Sparking an "Uprising"

pamhalpert

[5]Apr 21, 2011

Scotty - I am getting really sick of this kid! He used to be humble; but now you can tell he Thinks he is a Sex Symbol. I hate the way he stares into the camera and sings out of the corner of his mouth. He has played it safe every week, and how many times did he sang the same Josh Turner song?

James - I think he is already a star! Win or Lose; he already has a long career ahead of him.

Haley - I think she is very pitchy, and I could really do without the growling in every song.

Jacob - probably the most powerful singer in the group. I think he will record a Gospel Album.

Casey - The most original singer ever in this competition. He too is going places.

Stefano - Not sure why he is there. I feel he butchers most songs, and like Scotty' he thinks he is a sex symbol.

Lauren - Not sure how she ever got this far. I think she sounds like a run of the mill Karoake Singer.

Bottom 3 - Scotty, Stefano, Lauren.

Larexx

[6]Apr 21, 2011
    • level: 11

This week was 21st Century Songs & being these are the songs THEY grew up with I expected better choices!

Scotty McCreery-"Swingin"Leeann Rimes. Not his best! JLo "expected more" & Randy said it was "so safe" & "boring".

James Durbin- "Uprising" Muse. I like this song & loved his performance. The judges agreed. Steven told him to stay out of his closet! LOL!

Haley Reinhart-"Rolling In The Deep" Adele. I liked the softerbeginning before the growling started! JLo told her it took guts to take on such a well known song.

Jacob Lusk-"Dance With My Father" Luther Vandross. It had personal meaning for him but I still don't like him...at all! Randy told him he was "vocally just ok" & he needed to "gofor it". His worst criticism to date.

Casey Abrams-"Harder To Breathe" Maroon 5. Good choice for his voice. He threw some scatting in there for orginality & ended with a kiss on the cheekfor JLo who said, "Casey's not playing fair! I loved it! The performance!!"Meaningshe loved the performance not the kiss although she did comment he had "softlips"! Definitely the most talented contestant both vocally & instrumentally.

Stefano Langone-"Closer" Ne-Yo. I thought his backup singers sang more of the song than he did! The judges called his performance "good".

Lauren Alaina-"Born To Fly" SaraEvans. I thought shedid a great job. Randy told her "you can sing any...thing!" & to "challenge yourself".

I likedhowall the contestants described each other.

Scotty sings out the side of his mouth, which Ihad noticed, & held his mic like aflute which I didn't really notice.

JamesDurbin-everyone made fun of his "scarf" which annoys me tono end! That is NOT fashionable!

Haley Reinhart-theymentioned her "growling"again confirming what I'vebeen saying every week!

Jacob Lusk-was described as a "diva". I believe it!

Casey Abrams-as a genius. Again, I believe he is too!

Stefano Langone-as a flirt. Not impressed by that!

Lauren Alaina-has a strong accent. Yep, country all the way!

I'd like Jacob, Haley & Stefano in the bottom 3. Stefano will probably go home sincehe is almost alwaysat the bottom!

angeldeb82

[7]Apr 21, 2011
    Larexx wrote:

Scotty McCreery-"Swingin"Leeann Rimes. Not his best! JLo "expected more" & Randy said it was "so safe" & "boring".

Hello! "Swingin'" is NOT a 2010 LeAnn Rimes song! It's a 1983 John Anderson song! Do you understand?

pamhalpert

[8]Apr 22, 2011
    angeldeb82 wrote:
    Larexx wrote:

Hello! "Swingin'" is NOT a 2010 LeAnn Rimes song! It's a 1983 John Anderson song! Do you understand?

Thank you for bringing that up. Scotty has to say "I'm A Country Boy" at least 10 times in each sentence, and he obviously knows nothing!!

angeldeb82

[9]Apr 22, 2011
    Anyway, Stefano is the one sent packing last night.

How Do You Spell Relief?

I know, just a Rolaids pun!

firefairyangel

[10]Apr 25, 2011
    James was by far the best that night. Miles above everyone else. Casey was good too, but they made way too big a deal about him kissing Jennifer Lopez. Who cares? Those are pretty much the only two contestants I even remotely like anymore.

Not surprised Stefano went home, he obviously wasn't clicking with the audience given how often he's in the bottom 3. In the newspaper this morning, they actually reported that he'd said he never intended to win the show and had purposely held back some of his abilities (ie. playing the piano).

pamhalpert

[11]Apr 26, 2011
    firefairyangel wrote:
    James was by far the best that night. Miles above everyone else. Casey was good too, but they made way too big a deal about him kissing Jennifer Lopez. Who cares? Those are pretty much the only two contestants I even remotely like anymore.

Not surprised Stefano went home, he obviously wasn't clicking with the audience given how often he's in the bottom 3. In the newspaper this morning, they actually reported that he'd said he never intended to win the show and had purposely held back some of his abilities (ie. playing the piano).

I agree with you for the most part, except I don't think Stefano had any other abilities, or he would have already used them since that hack was always in the bottom 3.

TreeHill_89

[12]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 32
    I wanted to Stefano too stay longer (i like the underdogs) although i do agree his backsingers were singing for the most part. But he always in the bottom 3 which says something, I do prefer him to Scotty though i like his overrated
    Edited on 04/26/2011 1:43am

firefairyangel

[13]Apr 26, 2011

pamhalpert wrote:
    firefairyangel wrote:
    James was by far the best that night. Miles above everyone else. Casey was good too, but they made way too big a deal about him kissing Jennifer Lopez. Who cares? Those are pretty much the only two contestants I even remotely like anymore. Not surprised Stefano went home, he obviously wasn't clicking with the audience given how often he's in the bottom 3. In the newspaper this morning, they actually reported that he'd said he never intended to win the show and had purposely held back some of his abilities (ie. playing the piano).
    I agree with you for the most part, except I don't think Stefano had any other abilities, or he would have already used them since that hack was always in the bottom 3.
    I don't think he had anymore either, but he says he does. So I guess we'll see if/when he puts out an album. I wish they had put Jovany through as the wild card instead of Stefano, I always thought Jovany had the better voice by far.

TreeHill_89

[14]Apr 26, 2011
    • level: 32
    firefairyangel wrote:

pamhalpert wrote:
    firefairyangel wrote:
    James was by far the best that night. Miles above everyone else. Casey was good too, but they made way too big a deal about him kissing Jennifer Lopez. Who cares? Those are pretty much the only two contestants I even remotely like anymore. Not surprised Stefano went home, he obviously wasn't clicking with the audience given how often he's in the bottom 3. In the newspaper this morning, they actually reported that he'd said he never intended to win the show and had purposely held back some of his abilities (ie. playing the piano).
    I don't think he had anymore either, but he says he does. So I guess we'll see if/when he puts out an album. I wish they had put Jovany through as the wild card instead of Stefano, I always thought Jovany had the better voice by far.

I loved Jovany as well i've always said they should of chosen 2 girls and 2 boys as wild card.

pamhalpert

[15]Apr 26, 2011
    firefairyangel wrote:

pamhalpert wrote:
    firefairyangel wrote:

I agree. Jovany was 10 times better.