American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 7 Perform & The Results Show!

KamakaLo

[21]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 22
    ^ Yeah, 2 judges give an opinion and they still manage to go over
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bjbler2396

[22]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 21

THOUGHTS ON IDOL:

Allison Iraheta- I hate when she starts the night because I know that puts her in trouble. Tonight, I thought she did a very decent job. There were parts that were vocally superb. I did feel however that she whispered the beginning, but I still thought it was a good performance, though I LOVED her last week. If she goes home, than I will smash every Lil voter's phone in the country. (Not really, but I will be pissed.) Stars: 8.8/10

Anoop Desai- Vocally: Great. But he was just really boring again, and I wanted to sleep again. He was really great this past week, but now he just seems very one trick ponyish. At some point, maybe now even, he's just going to have to go. Stars: 7.6/ 10

Adam Lambert- His performance was smoking hot! I thought flames were going to rise from the stage. I love the way he puts his spin on songs, and this week absolutely nailed everything. I thought that he still was really showing how he is in his own league. Stars: 9.4/ 10

Matt Giraud- I feel like he is becoming a yo-yo in this competition, unlike Anoop who Simon refered to last week as. Last week Matt was stupendous, but this week it wasn't overly great at all.It was just very plain, and the key changes were awful. Stars: 8.0/ 10

Danny Gokey- I compare him to Anoop tonight. He was vocally flawless, but I didn't think it was extraordinary or special. It felt very safe to me. Still, he sang it amazingly. 8.6/ 10

Kris Allen- It was an improvement, but vocally, he seemed to struggle. IMO he picked a good song for himself, but it still lacked awesome vocals that I know he has. Stars: 8.2/10

Lil Rounds- I REALLY wished she didn't have the pimp spot tonight. I thought she was all over the place and just... bad.The thing is though, that she will be safe because she ended, even thoguh she sucked. She now is endangering Allison and Anoop when she deserves the boot. SHE NEEDS TO GO. Stars: 6.6/10

RANKINGS:

Adam

Allison

Danny

Kris

Matt

Anoop

Lil

PREDICTIONS FOR HOME:

It SHOULD be Lil, but it may be Allison (NOOOOOOO!), Anoop, or Matt. There is an outside chance though that it may be Kris.

goodridd

[23]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 17

I'm not an Adam fan, but I liked this performance tonight. I'll keep it short and just post my list.

7. Lil

6. Anoop

5. Kris

4. Danny

3. Matt

2. Adam

1. Allison

myintermail

[24]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 7
    Can this season sucks more than it was? The 2 judges comment thing is stupid and it DID NOT save any time. Don't get me started with the song choices, the song list is just so darn limited and most of all more than HALF of the songs have been sung on the show.

Safe:
    Adam Lambert (Thank goodness that he apparently didn't get the memo that it is actually slow ballads week)
    Anoop Desai (He's good, which means he could be in danger. Nooo!)
    Allison Iraheta (She wasn't that great. But hey she deserves to stay longer than the ones below her)
    Kris Allen (Even he starts to become meh.)

Bottom 3:
    Matt Giraud (It was a mess IMO)
    Danny Gokey (Ugh, you can't sell a cheesy song to me. Just can't) Lil Rounds (Just go away!)

bonjovichick

[25]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 16

I think they filled up any time the judges took with extra commercials. There was one less singer and my DVR at 1:01 still cut Lil off when she was addressing the judges. Doesn't make sense to me.

Allison Allison Allison. That is a song that people just shouldn't try to sing. David Cook last year was the best I ever heard it besides the orginal but I really wish even he didn't try to. I love David Cook but to me that song is untouchable because nobody can do it as well. The only positive thing I can say was that it didn't suck as bad when that dreadful Antonella did it. However in both cases I wait for Steven Tyler to strut out onto the stage and b*tch slap them for doing that to his song.

My bottom three are Allison, Lil and Matt and I really hope Lil goes home. She is wasting a space on that show with her perfomances.

ebony_kunoichi

[26]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 13

I think Intermail and Kikimarie are related to me cause I agree with everything they say!

This show felt rushed and weakened by just two judges commenting. If they would stopp all the yackking and bs'ing during the show then maybe all 4 judges could comment. I love Tarantino, but I don't know why he was a mentor. he didn't really add anything! Why couldnt they have gotten a great composer such as James Horner? oh well. Oh and Randy looked like he got into a fight at a home depot with 4 cans of paint, just an ugly shirt! Paula looked smokin!

Treasure Troll --Once again, I dont know why Allison gets the short end of the wardrobe stick. She looked like an extra from the Pat Benatar music video, "love is a battlefield" or some 40 year old 80's reject. The arrangement on this song was nice, but Allison started out shaky, but overall I thought my girl did justice to a boring song.

Anoop Slumdog --WTF was with that outfit and who stole his sleeves?? Poor Anoop. His shirt and tie didnt match anything. He looked like he was auditioning for clown school. The song was boring and overplayed so many times, but Anoop worked it on out. He did good.

Glambert/Flamebert --At least Adam was wearing a good outfit. It fit his style and it wasn't tacky. I didn't see what movie this song was from cause I fast forwarded too much. I agree with Simon. You either loved or hated that performance. I wouldnt say I hated it, but, it was over the top, pretensious, indulgant, and the end note was a ear bleeding high note screech fest. I don't like Adam at all. He seems like a real sweet guy, so I really want to like him, but the weird dancing and handbanging all over the stage brings back horrid flashbacks of hair metal bands of the 80's and 90's. I HATE hair metal I HATE Axel Rose. Sorry I loved The Cure and Morrisey as a kid.

Cyclops--*sigh* Why does it seem like every other week he is wearing the same vest, shirt and tie? Another boring a** over used crap song. The vocals were pitchy and kinda all over the place, however I could barely concentrate on his singing. I have a widescreen HD TV and all I could see was his huge third eye staring at me, taunting me, talking sh** about how it hates my dog. I think at one time it even winked at me!! God help us!

Danny Jesse Raphael -- I'm sorry, but am I the only one that thinks Danny comes accross as a smug jerk? DWD was wearing some horrible Miami Vice inspired Don Johnson outfit. My gawd, I thought Colombian drug dealers were gonna storm the stage and the band would start playing the Miami Vice theme song or Don Henley would show up. Danny was sans glasses last night and for some reason I think he was kinda cute. I was kinda distracted by his total cuteness. I don't dig guys in glasses, so this was an improvement. The version of the song he did wasn't unique, but Danny has a voice that I really like so he was solid as usual.

Krissy Kermit/Hal Sparks-- Why do they keep putting him in bland color? Every week he looks like he is wearing a grey cloud. Yeah I know Kris is boring as heck, but sheesh. Another sappy ballad by Kris, what a shock... He was off key, kinda pitchy and sounded like a howling dog in some parts. The song choice was just strange anyway. Kris bores me to death, he needs some kinda spunk or personality. Half the time I forget about him.

Merkin Rounds -- First off, She is not wearing extension. She is wearing different wigs. No one liked her short hair do. It was so 1996. I loved her wig this week! Her outfit was good too. She sang her butt off, well not really. She would have to sing for 10 years straight to do that, but I thought she did good. it was shrilly in some parts, but it was better than it has been for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Merkin should have never made it into the top 13 I told all of you so They put her in to fit a demographic and she had a nice story. There were much better singers than her in Hollywood.

I think Merkin, Slum Dog and Allison will be in the bottom. Most don't vote for allison cause she's not pretty enough. Anoops cult following is waning and Merkin just sucks.

Edited on 04/15/2009 6:16am
    Edited 2 total times.

RGO03

[27]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 9
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

I think Intermail and Kikimarie are related to me cause I agree with everything they say!

This show felt rushed and weakened by just two judges commenting. If they would stopp all the yackking and bs'ing during the show then maybe all 4 judges could comment. I love Tarantino, but I don't know why he was a mentor. he didn't really add anything! Why couldnt they have gotten a great composer such as James Horner? oh well. Oh and Randy looked like he got into a fight at a home depot with 4 cans of paint, just an ugly shirt! Paula looked smokin!

Treasure Troll --Once again, I dont know why Allison gets the short end of the wardrobe stick. She looked like an extra from the Pat Benatar music video, "love is a battlefield" or some 40 year old 80's reject. The arrangement on this song was nice, but Allison started out shaky, but overall I thought my girl did justice to a boring song.

Anoop Slumdog --WTF was with that outfit and who stole his sleeves?? Poor Anoop. His shirt and tie didnt match anything. He looked like he was auditioning for clown school. The song was boring and overplayed so many times, but Anoop worked it on out. He did good.

Glambert/Flamebert --At least Adam was wearing a good outfit. It fit his style and it wasn't tacky. I didn't see what movie this song was from cause I fast forwarded too much. I agree with Simon. You either loved or hated that performance. I wouldnt say I hated it, but, it was over the top, pretensious, indulgant, and the end note was a ear bleeding high note screech fest. I don't like Adam at all. He seems like a real sweet guy, so I really want to like him, but the weird dancing and handbanging all over the stage brings back horrid flashbacks of hair metal bands of the 80's and 90's. I HATE hair metal I HATE Axel Rose. Sorry I loved The Cure and Morrisey as a kid.

Cyclops--*sigh* Why does it seem like every other week he is wearing the same vest, shirt and tie? Another boring a** over used crap song. The vocals were pitchy and kinda all over the place, however I could barely concentrate on his singing. I have a widescreen HD TV and all I could see was his huge third eye staring at me, taunting me, talking sh** about how it hates my dog. I think at one time it even winked at me!! God help us!

Danny Jesse Raphael -- I'm sorry, but am I the only one that thinks Danny comes accross as a smug jerk? DWD was wearing some horrible Miami Vice inspired Don Johnson outfit. My gawd, I thought Colombian drug dealers were gonna storm the stage and the band would start playing the Miami Vice theme song or Don Henley would show up. Danny was sans glasses last night and for some reason I think he was kinda cute. I was kinda distracted by his total cuteness. I don't dig guys in glasses, so this was an improvement. The version of the song he did wasn't unique, but Danny has a voice that I really like so he was solid as usual.

Krissy Kermit/Hal Sparks-- Why do they keep putting him in bland color? Every week he looks like he is wearing a grey cloud. Yeah I know Kris is boring as heck, but sheesh. Another sappy ballad by Kris, what a shock... He was off key, kinda pitchy and sounded like a howling dog in some parts. The song choice was just strange anyway. Kris bores me to death, he needs some kinda spunk or personality. Half the time I forget about him.

Merkin Rounds -- First off, She is not wearing extension. She is wearing different wigs. No one liked her short hair do. It was so 1996. I loved her wig this week! Her outfit was good too. She sang her butt off, well not really. She would have to sing for 10 years straight to do that, but I thought she did good. it was shrilly in some parts, but it was better than it has been for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Merkin should have never made it into the top 13 I told all of you so They put her in to fit a demographic and she had a nice story. There were much better singers than her in Hollywood.

I think Merkin, Slum Dog and Allison will be in the bottom. Most don't vote for allison cause she's not pretty enough. Anoops cult following is waning and Merkin just sucks.

I agree with you about Quentin Tarantino being a guest judge. I pretty much said the same thing on my post. Imagine Elton John on a show coaching aspiring directors. It just doesn't make any sense.

Edited on 04/15/2009 9:54am
    Edited 2 total times.

angeldeb82

[28]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    Well, I hate it when MSN misnames the Bryan Adams songs (e.g., "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" is misnamed "To Really Love a Woman"!)!

FCBarca

[29]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 15

Very unusual night for me...The whole concept of having the judges but to simply split them off in pairs not only seemed disorganized but disjointing the show as well...And perhaps it was just me but they seemed to have a decidedly negative spin on their criticisms for performances that didn't deserve it - perhaps trying to create some separation?

I have to say that there hasn't really been a performance where I have found Adam Lambert much of a favorite...I've been saying for awhile now that I find him just to be a theater performer but last night's performance was pretty impressive for me...Not sure if it was the best of the night but I felt like, for the first time, I understood some of the hype on him.

In fact, I was thinking that among the performances last night, I'd pay to see all of them in concert - they were THAT good, IMHO...Best final 7 I can recall for the show.

If I had to choose who was the bottom, it'd be hard but surprisingly I'd go with Alison...She wasn't poor to me but on a night where everyone was great, she was a little less great for me...A bummer because I reeeeally like her.

What a night though

TreeHill_89

[30]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 32
    I haven't watched the epsiode but i still want either Lil rounds or Annop to go! . I really hope Matt stays from reading people's comment it wasn't the best
    Edited on 04/15/2009 9:39am

sylent_asassin

[31]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 26
    First of all, I have to say that the producers did the show an extreme injustice by only having two of the judges critique during separate intervals. How about cutting down the interview times and all of the extracurricular nonsense at the beginning of the show? How many adjectives do the judges need? Say their names and move on! It's a very simple solution when you think about it... and even with their supposed solution, the show STILL ran over its alotted time.

As far as Quentin, I think was chosen as a music mentor because of his eclectic style and work he's done with the Rza in the Kill Bill movies. In addition to that, it's well-documented that Quentin is a huge fan of music in general, particularly old school R&B. Still, it doesn't give him the credentials to be a music mentor. *shrugs*

As far as the competition, I'll just briefly review the noteables:

Adam- I thought it was a good vocal although it was kind of screechy in spots. I liked the performance but HATED that arrangement. He took a classic rock song and performed it with a trashcan arrangement. It just sounded like random, simultaneous music. Aside from that, whenever he opened his mouth wide to belt out this patented power notes, that image of him tonguing down another dude kept popping in my head. *Barf!*

Anoop- I've finally figured it out! When he sings, he exudes zero charisma. It's strange how he can be full of life and personality during a conversation and void of life while he sings. Still, he had a really good vocal and seems to be coming into his own.

Lil- Poor girl can do no right. She looked good and her vocal wasn't too shabby, but she's fallen into a rut with the judges. At this point, she could give the performance of her life and the judges would still say it she's choosing the wrong song. Honestly, I'm surprised she's lasted this long.

Matt- I don't honestly remember what he sang because I was hypnotized by his third eye. Half-way through the boring performance, I deduced that Matt is really Despero from Justice League Unlimited.

Allison- I love this girl, but I wasn't feeling her performance last night. Compared to her other performances, this vocal was mediocre and shaky like she was out of breath. She just might be in trouble tonight. Even so, I think the judges will execute the "Save" for her. Does anyone else think this "save" is a cheap ploy to extend the show for another week? There's no way they let a ratings juggernaut go by the wayside and NOT use it.

Bloodbath_87

[32]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 16
    Allison is horrid. She sounds like a 60 year old with lung cancer who has just had a dying rat (also with cancer) stuffed down their throat.

FCBarca

[33]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 15
    Forgot to even mention anything about the choice of Quentin as the musical muse....Bizarre...Iget it in some ways but it is still a singing competition and as far as I know, Quentin is no singer, just a fan like the rest of us...Were they hard up for someone to mentor the contestants or was this an intended tie in for some cross promotion of one of his films?...Felt, honestly, like AI whored themselves out last night

nickel2006

[34]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 48
    I gonna go with Dial Idol's prediction of the bottom 3

ebony_kunoichi

[36]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 13

sylent_asassin wrote:
    First of all, I have to say that the producers did the show an extreme injustice by only having two of the judges critique during separate intervals. How about cutting down the interview times and all of the extracurricular nonsense at the beginning of the show? How many adjectives do the judges need? Say their names and move on! It's a very simple solution when you think about it... and even with their supposed solution, the show STILL ran over its alotted time. As far as Quentin, I think was chosen as a music mentor because of his eclectic style and work he's done with the Rza in the Kill Bill movies. In addition to that, it's well-documented that Quentin is a huge fan of music in general, particularly old school R&B. Still, it doesn't give him the credentials to be a music mentor. *shrugs* As far as the competition, I'll just briefly review the noteables: Adam- I thought it was a good vocal although it was kind of screechy in spots. I liked the performance but HATED that arrangement. He took a classic rock song and performed it with a trashcan arrangement. It just sounded like random, simultaneous music. Aside from that, whenever he opened his mouth wide to belt out this patented power notes, that image of him tonguing down another dude kept popping in my head. *Barf!* Anoop- I've finally figured it out! When he sings, he exudes zero charisma. It's strange how he can be full of life and personality during a conversation and void of life while he sings. Still, he had a really good vocal and seems to be coming into his own. Lil- Poor girl can do no right. She looked good and her vocal wasn't too shabby, but she's fallen into a rut with the judges. At this point, she could give the performance of her life and the judges would still say it she's choosing the wrong song. Honestly, I'm surprised she's lasted this long. Matt- I don't honestly remember what he sang because I was hypnotized by his third eye. Half-way through the boring performance, I deduced that Matt is really Despero from Justice League Unlimited. Allison- I love this girl, but I wasn't feeling her performance last night. Compared to her other performances, this vocal was mediocre and shaky like she was out of breath. She just might be in trouble tonight. Even so, I think the judges will execute the "Save" for her. Does anyone else think this "save" is a cheap ploy to extend the show for another week? There's no way they let a ratings juggernaut go by the wayside and NOT use it.

What about Danny Jesse Raphael Sylent???? Or Krissy Sparks? Come on don't get lazy on us

Edited on 04/15/2009 1:04pm

taillow22

[37]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 11

Just so you guys know, this was probably Kris's best, and he was best of the night.

2. Danny (I normally HATE him!!!)

3. Adam

4. Allison

5. Anoop

6. Lil

7. Matt

^ Unlike Matt, I can actually remember what Lil sang

amaryllis88

[38]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 20
    Allison Iraheta -- What can I say? I kinda wanted and expected more from her, I like Aerosmith's version a whole lot better, and it wasn't such a great start to the evening. She definitely looks a lot like her father...

Anoop Desai -- Didn't interest me with his song at all, and you can only sing this song the way Bryan Adams sings it, in its format and style, doing anything different just seems off. One of those untouchable songs...plus it's a snooze-fest for me with Anoop.

Adam Lambert -- Wow what a performance! This is what I'm wanting from my American Idols! It had the sparkly, the snazzy acting/singing, and it was an overall great job. Last week's was better, imo, but he definitely rocked the stage tonight. And great song choice too.

Matt Giraud -- This seemed like the kind of song he'd do, we finally get Scott off the piano, and now Matt brings back onto the stage. I have nothing against it, but it seems like you can do so much more with yourself during a performance (ie: Adam) then sitting behind a piano and singing. He didn't stand out, imo.

strong>Danny Gokey -- I prefer him with glasses, even if he seems to have a matching pair with each outfit. I wasn't blown away by his performance, it was pretty much the same as last week's, or rather what I'm trying to say is that he sounds the same week in and week out. Plus he does throw in some dance moves here and there, so that's something different.

Kris Allen -- Glad he went without playing an instrument, he would've seemed clunky up on stage. Now I usually have a hard time listening and watching Kris perform because of his mouth, but he wasn't that bad as he usually is with his mouth movements during his performance. I will also say that I did enjoy his rendition of the song he sang, also going out on a limb since people didn't recognize the movie. They should've given us little previews of the movie so people would know, like a snippet, didn't have to be that long. He did a nice job, the only *slower* song that I enjoyed of the evening.

Lil Rounds -- This girl is a mess, there's something in the way she speaks/talks that's been irritating me about her. Also, the song, definitely not up to par for what she can sing, not a great song choice, and her ending, "Ro" and that's it. She needed to keep that mic closer to her mouth. I think she's given up, because this "If America keeps bringing me back next week, I'll show them what I can do," isn't panning out for her.

Edward_Nigma

[39]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 54

Ha, ebony yea some of those outfits are ridiculous...but at least usually better than some of the stuff the contestants wore (like Girl Scarf and that hideous girl scarf...now he tries to be Justin Timberlake...except you need to look at least somewhat attractive to do that so I dunno what's going on there) when they didn't have people to pick outfits for them.

And sylent_assassin, agreed with Madam Lamebert's annoying, random arrangement of the song. Reminds me of Britney Spears -- just a bunch of flashiness and fluff.

Anyone else remember when No More Rounds was actually good? She had that great performance so long ago...but now she's such a waste. I'm wondering though...even though Idol supposedly doens't do it, might they keep on No More Rounds just so Treasure Troll isn't the only girl left? She'd be the little 16-year-old with a bunch of older guys...just sayin, that'd be sorta weird.

Edited on 04/15/2009 2:01pm

90210rox

[40]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 14

-- Very dramatic opening. I know who's going home, too, Tarantino. (coughlilcough)

-- Ha, fun ford video! I loved Adam & Allison screaming together. And an interesting group performance (gotta point out Adam's last note was very clear at the end, so lovely). I liked most of the contestants in it.

_____

- Allison: Safe! YES! That is what I like to see. Her performance last night was my least favorite from her so far, but come on, one off night don't do nothing. Aww, I love her and Adam hugging. Allison looks really pretty tonight, by the way.
    - Adam: Safe! Fo sho.
    - Anoop: Bottom 3. Ouch. Three weeks in a row. I was expecting it, of course, like everybody else, but I feel bad. Don't know why.

_____

-- Jennifer Hudson performs. It was alright, wasn't too crazy about her performance. She could've made it a little more interesting, though. She didn't seem too passionate.

_____

- Kris: (Nice, Simon! Thank you for thinking his performance was brilliant! Ho-yah!)
    Shut up, Lil, you talk too much...
    Kris cont'd: Safe! Yes, my Top 3 is safe. Yet another week I am happy.
    - Lil: Bottom 3. Bye-bye.
    - Matt: (He looks very worried. I remember when he was in the bottom a few weeks ago, he looked frickin' depressed) Bottom 3. Not really a surprise, though I like him a lot.
    - Danny: Safe. I liked him last night, so I agree with him being safe.
    Hardy-har-har, Ryan and all his 'bottom 3' tricks.
    ... Anoop Desai is safe. Damn, I lost a point in the roundtable, I was hoping Matt would be saved first. Oh well.

-- Miley Cyrus = Mute #3 of the season. Ugh, I hate seeing her ugly face everywhere I turn around with a burning passion. It's mostly why I avoid Wal-Mart.

_____

-- Matt Giraud is eliminated. WHAT THE F*CK??? That. Was. Stupid. I'm not sure if they should save him, but he was definite Top 5 material. I didn't like his performance last night, but he's still really good. This is the first contestant since Alexis they really DO need to consider saving. ... Um, actually, I think they really should save him.

(Wow, listen to that crowd!) ... MATT GIRAUD IS SAVED! I'm actually really glad they saved him, he definitely did not deserve to go. I just hope he does well next week with... uhh... ahem *cough* disco. Yeah, sure. I'm still pissed Lil seems to just glide through; next week LIL and ANOOP go home, PLEASE!! Then, we'd have a real Top 5.

G'Night.