American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Thread For The Top 7 Perform & The Results Show!

dool_girl

[41]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 27
    VERY happy Matt was saved. I wish Lil would have gone home instead tho!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KamakaLo

[42]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 22
    Yay, Simon liked Kris

I can't believe it Lil is safe ..seriously?!

Poor Matt, he looked sad. I'm glad they saved him but next week is going to be interesting.

Adam,Kris,Danny and Matt will all have to really bring it next week.

Disco..o man! I'm sure Adam will do great though

and hopefully they don't go first or 2nd.

I hope Lil goes next ugh

amaryllis88

[43]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 20
    I was really hoping Lil would go home, either her or Anoop, it's their time, or passed their time. I was rooting for them to save Matt, he deserves it, plus the audience thought so too, so I'm glad Simon appeased everyone.

Loved the opening to AI tonight, they did a good job with it. Interesting that they went and saw 17 Again's movie premiere, that must've been a fun evening! The Ford commercial was cute, I love that song, "Freeze Frame," although I wasn't too happy with their musical number, it seemed like the camera had to pick them up and it was scatter-shot, kinda made me dizzy with the switching. Oh well, can't please everybody!

Not a Jennifer Hudson or Miley Cyrus fan. Cyclops Matt is here for another week, although it's kind of ingratiating to hear that next week's theme is Disco, plus two more have to leave, so my predictions for next week are: Lil, Matt, and Anoop. Or they could have killer performances and prove me wrong...

angeldeb82

[44]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    Bad news: Anoop and Lil did not go home. Boo! Bummer!

Good news: Matt's not going home either... because of the Judges' Save! Sweet!

buffyangel4evr_

[45]Apr 15, 2009
    I think it was really obvious that Matt was going to get saved. Nonetheless, it was the right decision, since the wrong person was being sent home. We can only hope and pray that next week Lil is one of the 2 to be sent packing. The other, Anoop. He's just plain boring.

spideynerd3

[46]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 29

I am beyond saddened that America is stupid enough to keep Lil Rounds in this competition. This isn't, "Keep, Keep on trying Idol", it's American Idol, and it's like that for a reason. Lil has shown NO improvement from Week 1, and probably should have even gone then. I figured Matt would be eliminated, but I knew the save would be used, because he's one of the better performers. Next week TWO people go home, and I can only hope that it's Lil and Anoop.

By the Way, Miley's performance was outstanding. I don't know why people think she's so horrible, she has an amazing voice, that not even her parents knew she had. Miley may be a "role model" for the tween girls of today, but that doesn't mean everyone has to hate her. Sure she's done some stupid things in her life time, but she's only 16 years old, and who didn't do anything stupid when they were that age? I'm her age, infact, I'm a year older then her, and I know how the teens of today are, since I am one. Miley has really tried to be a positive role model for the tweens as of late, and I thank her for that, because I am sick and tired of hearing that the generation I am apart of is pathetic, and yes I've heard that. The song "The Climb" is a very good song with a very good story to it, and I know Miley didn't write it, but she sings it, and understands what it means, and she shows it everyday.

*Sorry about the rant... I'm just tired of all the Miley haters*

kal915

[47]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 11
    Why do Anoop fans not like Matt?

buffyangel4evr_

[48]Apr 15, 2009
    spideynerd3 wrote:

I am beyond saddened that America is stupid enough to keep Lil Rounds in this competition. This isn't, "Keep, Keep on trying Idol", it's American Idol, and it's like that for a reason. Lil has shown NO improvement from Week 1, and probably should have even gone then. I figured Matt would be eliminated, but I knew the save would be used, because he's one of the better performers. Next week TWO people go home, and I can only hope that it's Lil and Anoop.

By the Way, Miley's performance was outstanding. I don't know why people think she's so horrible, she has an amazing voice, that not even her parents knew she had. Miley may be a "role model" for the tween girls of today, but that doesn't mean everyone has to hate her. Sure she's done some stupid things in her life time, but she's only 16 years old, and who didn't do anything stupid when they were that age? I'm her age, infact, I'm a year older then her, and I know how the teens of today are, since I am one. Miley has really tried to be a positive role model for the tweens as of late, and I thank her for that, because I am sick and tired of hearing that the generation I am apart of is pathetic, and yes I've heard that. The song "The Climb" is a very good song with a very good story to it, and I know Miley didn't write it, but she sings it, and understands what it means, and she shows it everyday.

*Sorry about the rant... I'm just tired of all the Miley haters*

We can only hope Lil and Anoop will be sent packing next week. As for Miley, I also thought she was good. I almost switched the station, but didn't, i kinda like the song. I like the live performance much better than the radio version. Although-----I thought the dress was wayyyyy to old for her. She's what, 16? It looked like an old lady's dress (by the way, I'm 37).

kikimarie593

[49]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 27

Anyone besides me extremely disappointed that Matt was saved? No, Anoop and Lil aren't that good either, but what the heck? Matt's not that good and he has no chance of winning anyway. I can tell Simon voted against saving him, so good for him. I am really hoping Matt goes home next week just because of that. I'd also rather have Anoop go then Lil next week. Lil hasn't been good lately, but I prefer her over Anoop. But seriously, I hate the thought of seeing Matt's forehead thing for another week. I have nightmares about it every week! It just gets bigger and bigger until it grows fangs and eats me! Aaaah! Help! And Anoop always looks so smug every week like he knows he won't go home. I just want to wipe that grin right off his face!

As for the two performances, JHud's was a little boring. She's a good singer and all, but that song didn't do her any justice. If she sang songs like that when she was a contestant she wouldn't have made it as far as she did. And I was pleasantly surprised by Miss Milky Citrus' performance. I am a fan of her, but even I will admit that when she sings live she usually doesn't sound very good. I thought she was excellent tonight though! She sounded better live then she does on the radio version of the song!

Edited on 04/15/2009 8:07pm

KamakaLo

[50]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 22
    Imo Matt has had better weeks than both Lil and Anoop. Anyone notice on results night they usually show the person that goes a lot? I always can figure out who's going and tonight Matt was shown a lot.

90210rox

[51]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 14

KamakaLo wrote:
    Imo Matt has had better weeks than both Lil and Anoop. Anyone notice on results night they usually show the person that goes a lot? I always can figure out who's going and tonight Matt was shown a lot.

I never noticed that, but he was shown as the star of tonight's group performance. I agree.

goodridd

[52]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 17
    I'm glad Matt was saved. He is way better than Anoop or Lil'. It was pretty obvious that they would save him because there are only two weeks left that the judges could use it, and it's unlikely they would have saved Lil' or Anoop who will probably be going home in the next few weeks. Matt better bring it next week though, or it was all for nothing.

stellarchick86

[53]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 32

I was so excited at first because this was my first week over on the pool and everything I said happened would UNTIL they announced Matt over Lil. Ugh! Oh well, at least I got the B3 right. I can not believe more people have liked Lil all this time more than Matt, it just doesnt seem logical. Im also surprised they used the save on him since I figured that Matt would more than likely just be in it next week. And I gotta say whats the point of the save because then 2 people get eliminated next week. Bet those 2 people will just be Lil and Matt again.

I dont mind Mileys music on her cds/on the radio but she sounds HORRIBLE live. Has nothing to do with who she is or whatever, it seriously sounded like cats being banged against a wall. Just awful. Id much rather listen to Britney Spears live than Miley.

The "music video" was pretty lame this week. And poor Matt didnt even get to be in it! lol. It seems like somethin they wouldve done with Scott when he was on or something rather than have Matt do it, when he can dance and move around. Oh boy..next week disco week? Adam will get through, and I bet Lil will be something like "On The Radio" by Donna Summers (thats disco right?), and I am going to get a kick out of seeing what the guys + Allison pick

imthemediagirl

[54]Apr 15, 2009
    well, i'm pretty much a love junky so the fact that every song last night was a love song was very sweet. didnt mind adam changing it up one bit though, he can do whatever his little heart wants as far as im concerned "falling slowly" is one of my favorite songs, once is an incredible movie, and kris' rendition of it made me want to cry it was so beautiful.

as for the results, kikimarie, if you want all of the bottom 3 this week to go home who exactly are your picks for next week?

andd, as always, miley cyrus was a disgrace to my age bracket. my utter contempt for her probably stems from the fact that i actually sing and want to smash her face every time she is off-pitch. i swear that girl is dyslexic with notes. rant over

Edward_Nigma

[55]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 54
    kikimarie593 wrote:

Anyone besides me extremely disappointed that Matt was saved? No, Anoop and Lil aren't that good either, but what the heck? Matt's not that good and he has no chance of winning anyway. I can tell Simon voted against saving him, so good for him.

Oh I agree. Simon was right...he's not gonna win. Fine, he shouldn't have gone this week maybe, but he'd just be gone next week, or at the most in two weeks. The save isn't for a loser, it's for a potential winner. Simon just gave in because all the judges were freaking out, as well as the audience. When he goes home next week we'll all know the save was worthless.

Butterflyagirl

[56]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 8
    Lil was safe? WTF! I can't believe she was safe, when was the last time she gave a great performance? Like two months ago! At least Matt have delivered several times so I'm happy they used the save on him. Next week Lil and Anoop need to go. Or Alison. I wouldn't mind any of those three people going home.
    Edited on 04/15/2009 10:19pm

sunnystarz

[57]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 1
    if they keep this "pair-up" judges thing going I will probably tune in to watch adam sing only... 1 of the main reason ppl watch (i think) is to watch simon speak, simon's the show!! and obviously he's the main man that decide who stays and who goes!.................OH AND the fact that matt got saved just mean any stupid votes will get the top contestant OUT!
    Edited on 04/16/2009 12:43am

mksystem74

[58]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 11

So, Matt got saved. Good for him, don't like him much but whatever. Lil NEEDS to go, I've had enough of her already and she's seems to just get worse and worse. Can't believe she was safe this week.

Miley's performance was pre-tapped for those who didn't know. They did a good job with camera magic but you can still tell if you look at it again. People have a lot of hate for this girl, I don't have any feelings towards her but she did a good job.

Well the week is over, 2 go home next week. Hopefully they get it right and someone like Allison or even Danny don't get eliminated next week cause of the save. Disco, gonna be brutal.

angeldeb82

[59]Apr 16, 2009
    "She's a maniac, maniac on the floor, / And she's dancing like she's never daced before." Nice performance from the Top 7, BTW.

ebony_kunoichi

[60]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 13

O.K. *sigh*

First off, once again Allison gets the short end of the wardrobe stick. She looked like she was wearing a really bad 1980's work out gear minus the headband and leg warmers, just sad.

Jennifer Hudson sounded great. I didnt like the song she sung and her outfit looked a hot mess! Big folks should never wear shiny material it makes them look like a disco ball or in jennifers case, tacky.

Up next was goat girl...err....Miley Cyrus. She looked awesome, but the singing was screechy during the chorus and you could tell that she knew it! I like Miley, but this just proves that anyone can have a career with the right looks, management, hype, and backing. In all fairness Miley does have some talent, but we will see if she can pull of a long standing career when her fan base is all grown up.

I smell a rat! I am really starting to think Idol is rigged. Lil for sure got the least amount of votes. I know she is a VFTW candidate, but even those on that website weren't 100% behind her(no pun intended!). I agree with you Kikimarie, Matt didnt deserve to be saved. His performance was boring and I think the judges were hypnotized by his third eye into giving him another chance. If he was so great then why didnt more people vote for him??? Then Matt was in the pimp spot in the Ford commercial and the group singing number? Come on! Then all the contestants grouped hugged Matt like he was jesus when he was saved, barf!!! Its a singing competition. I'm sure they all wanted Matt to stay

Why save him when we all know he has NO chance of winning. Next week 2 will leave. I think unless Lil pulls off the performance of a lifetime she is gone. The same for Anoop and possible Matt.

Edited on 04/16/2009 9:25am