American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 8 Perform & The Results Show

ebony_kunoichi

[42]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 13

I was being sarcastic when I said that no one should vote. My point was that if you believe that this is a singing competition then I have a bridge to sell to you. I think it has been watered down to a looks/popularity contest. That's how the entertainment business has always been and always will be. So many "singers" out there can't truly sing. The have great stage presence, pimping, marketing, and looks. Talent is overrated. U think my beloved treasure troll Allison is at the bottom cause she can't sing? No. To me it's cause most of voting for kris, adam, and Danny. The chicks on this show are there are fodder and Allison isnt pretty enough. Sorry.

Also, there are those out there that believe that AI is fixed and that the producers manipulate the audience or even worse prepick the winners. I may not agree, but I do have to say that the show does manipulate people into voting one way sometimes. Its ironic that some contestants get no air time or little while others *cough* *cough* Danny, gets tons of camera time just because they have a great story or fit into a certain image that AI is trying to manufacture.

As for the CD's. Of course I don't expect people to crank out an album in a short time. It depends on the artist and the album. It's not the speed I was talking about. I can be patient. I was just saying that to me your not a true success unless you can pass the test of longevity and to me Kerry Underwood and Clarkson are the only two I truly give credit as reall AI success stories. The rest need time to tell or are spares who are trying to grasp onto their 15 seconds of fame *cough* *cough* Constantine....Jason cashho...err Castro.

Edited on 04/08/2009 1:51pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[43]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    ^^Mmm, now I agree with you Ebony. Its hard to tell tone of voice on the internet, so I thought you were being serious. I was like uh what lol. The only time I think they (the judges/audience/whoever) woke up and saw the light was Megan being voted off. Yes she was pretty, but couldnt sing and I thought "oh great shell make it far because of her looks" but nope. Gives me a little hope that Allison can make it farther. And I never thought Allison was too bad, she reminds me a little of Brittany Murphy with her actions/mannerisms/her looks a little/and her voice a little and BM is pretty cute. I dont think shes a spitting image but does remind me of her, especially in this pic: http://www.poster.net/murphy-brittany/murphy-brittany-photo-brittany-murphy-6206507.jpg
    (Im too lazy to upload right now lol).

90210rox

[44]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 14

stellarchick86 wrote:
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    Honesty, I dont see what u guys see in Kris. He is a bit bland and has no charisma. He is really hot by default cause compared to the other guys on the show he is super smexy! I dont like Flamebert, but he has charisma, looks, can sing and has the potential to be a star... I dont know why people even bother to vote cause we all know Adam has been pimped since day one and the final two will be him and Dopey Gokey. We need a real star to come from AI and to me Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Fembot Underwood are the only two to really have success commercially and artistically..
    I think KA is hotter than AL but someone like 90210rox will say AL is hotter than KA. It all depends on your taste.

Someone like me? Heh, OK thanks...
    Actually, stellar, I think both of them are hot, thank you very much. Definitely not the only reason why I like them, of course. And hey, they're roomies, too! (Sorry this is a little big)

op7czl-1.jpg picture by TWariner

Just so this post wasn't completely worthless, I'll just say that I really hope Kris isn't in the bottom just because last night's performance was only OK for some people. I think it's the same problem with Allison. Last week's performance from her wasn't a favorite for most people so she ended up in the bottom. Voters should take in account past performances and know that they are talented even if they weren't at their best that night. Kris and Allison don't have bad streaks like Scott and Lil, who I think should be the bottom 2. I hope neither of them are in the bottom tonight, because like I've said a bajillion times, they don't deserve it. Less likely for Allison to be in the bottom, but you know what I mean. Most of both their performances have been really great so far this season.

And don't listen to DialIdol on the bottom/elimination predictions; I never do, they are not always so accurate on it. They also don't count text votes. I vaguely remember last season in the Top 8 that David Cook was in the bottom 3 (pfft! Like that could ever happen. And it never did happen) while Michael Johns was 4th, but Michael ended up going home and Cookie wasn't in the bottom. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really remember what the exact predictions were. Don't always believe what DI says.

Edited on 04/08/2009 3:22pm

Butterflyagirl

[45]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 8

My favorities were Adam, Danny & Matt. Matt is starting to grow on me because he's not only a talented guy but also really likeable. I really wanted to know what the judges thought of Adam. I know he was great but I wanted to hear their opinions anyway.

The best advice was the one Simon gave to Alison. She's really talented but she needs to show more of her personality and her real personality, I hate those teenage stars who don't act like teenagers.

Anoop was good and I hope he keeps improving.

Kris is starting to anoy me.

Lil & Scott are going to be in the bottom three for sure. Who is going to join them? Probably Alison. Scott should go home.

Edited on 04/08/2009 3:36pm
    Edited 2 total times.

buffyangel4evr_

[46]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    aquamarina16 wrote:

i hope the week eight thing doesn't happen like it did last year with michael johns. for some reason, i have a bad feeling about kris allen going home, especially now that scott is the new VFTW pick. which if kris did, i would cry. hysterically. because this guy is top 3 material. just like michael johns was imo. hopefully if this is his week, the judges aren't stupid and give him the save.

otherwise, i hope it's scott or lil.

oh, and seriously. don't trust dialidol. it said ju'not was going to be in the top 12. so yeah. give up people.

Michael Johns was one of the reasons AI brought in the judges save. It's supposed to be the best singer, not just who's popular one week. And if Kris was eliminated, he should get the save. Of course, that means no more saves for the rest of the season.

diable666

[47]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 2

l

ninjasquirrel19 wrote:
    I now officially can't stand Adam Lambert. Mad World is one of the most amazing songs ever, and he completely ruined it.

LOL

Wich Version was so Amazing? Tear for fears or Gary Jules? Tears for fears sang the original version , then Gary Jules sang it for the OST of Donnie Darko. The original wasn't that amazing, but the cover of Gary was incredible. Adam did a great job on his cover. You just don't like him , admit it, LOL.

gchata

[48]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 6

i personally like gary jules better but tears for fears is good too. my old roommate and i would just call every tears for fears song "donnie darko".

diable666 wrote:

l

ninjasquirrel19 wrote:
    I now officially can't stand Adam Lambert. Mad World is one of the most amazing songs ever, and he completely ruined it.

LOL

Wich Version was so Amazing? Tear for fears or Gary Jules? Tears for fears sang the original version , then Gary Jules sang it for the OST of Donnie Darko. The original wasn't that amazing, but the cover of Gary was incredible. Adam did a great job on his cover. You just don't like him , admit it, LOL.

gchata

[49]Apr 8, 2009

if they save kris, i'm not watching this show again. kris, scott and anoop are not worth saving.

buffyangel4evr_ wrote:
    aquamarina16 wrote:

i hope the week eight thing doesn't happen like it did last year with michael johns. for some reason, i have a bad feeling about kris allen going home, especially now that scott is the new VFTW pick. which if kris did, i would cry. hysterically. because this guy is top 3 material. just like michael johns was imo. hopefully if this is his week, the judges aren't stupid and give him the save.

otherwise, i hope it's scott or lil.

oh, and seriously. don't trust dialidol. it said ju'not was going to be in the top 12. so yeah. give up people.

Michael Johns was one of the reasons AI brought in the judges save. It's supposed to be the best singer, not just who's popular one week. And if Kris was eliminated, he should get the save. Of course, that means no more saves for the rest of the season.

amalaldafari

[50]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    Hey gies who's safe so far?

kdtfiles

[51]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 23
    Who got kicked off? - please let it be Scott...

kal915

[52]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 11
    kdtfiles wrote:

It was...

90210rox

[53]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 14

-- Is Simon really going to be 50? I kinda thought maybe 46 or something.

-- Best thing about the group performance: Adam's kick at the camera. AGAIN, I say, hot. And his singing as well. Allison was also one of the best in the performance.

-- The Ford commercial and its behind the scenes were fabulous! I was waiting for something like that. It was really fun to watch. Enjoyed that song for the first time ever.

_____

- First off, I'm glad that they took the time to finish up Adam's critiques. Pretty obvious that it only would've been more praise, but it's only fair for all the judges to give him their comments as well. He is another contestant, remember? Happy that he's safe, of course, although I'm elated that Kris is safe! I was a bit worried there after what everyone was saying. My two favorite guys are safe, all I need is for Allison to be safe, and I'll be a happy camper.
    - Eh, I don't agree with Anoop being in the bottom 3. I liked him last night. I don't think he'll make it to the Top 5, but he shouldn't go before Lil and Scott.

-- Flo Rida. Ew. It just got stinky up in here! MUTE.
    I can't hear a damn thing, thank God, but what I'm seeing... HA! What a prat.

- I guess it's not a surprise that Danny is safe, although I had him as a pick for the bottom 3. It's just that his performance was only OK this week, and he went first. And an only OK performance as the first of the night is never a good thing. I might've underestimated the voters a bit, then. I just hope he brings it next week!
    - Aww, why does Ryan keep picking on Matt? He looked like he was going to have a heart attack! lol Safe, rightfully so.
    - Scott is in the bottom 3. Like I've said before, he is my pick for the elmination. If he is eliminated, I hope the judges don't waste a save on him. It's not worth it.
    - Lil over Allison in the bottom, FINALLY! Lil needs a good dose of the bottom over here. If she gets through, she only has one more week. The only thing that'll save her next week from elimination is an exceptionally good performance.
    - Overall Bottom 3: Anoop Desai, Scott MacIntyre, and Lil Rounds.

-- The first week to actually consider a save, Simon? Hello, Alexis? She wasn't worth a consideration? Yes, I'm still bitter about that.

-- I might be one of the only ones, but I like Kellie Pickler. Her voice was kinda annoying in this performance, though. I still like her, just not good live. Yeah, OK, she's still a little (very) nutty.

-- Lil is safe. You only have ONE MORE WEEK, Lil! Make it good next week. (Ryan was a little unnecessary telling Anoop to stay where he was, then sending Lil to the couch. Why did he do that?)

_____

-- Scott MacIntyre is eliminated. Scott is performing at this moment, and Paula's tearing up. It's obvious she's discussing saving him. Scott is a very inspirational guy, but he is the weakest vocalist. Don't save him, there are better contestants to use the save for. Don't waste it!

__

Paula won't budge. Kara is the other person who wants to save her. Come on, Kara, be smart for once...

__

... Scott MacIntyre is officially eliminated.

Believe me, I'm not jumping up and down with happiness that he's eliminated. I keep saying that he's very nice and funny and inspirational, and I mean it. But, everyone else are just BETTER. Gotta focus more on who's got the most TALENT in this point of the competition. Bye, Scott.

Next week: Lil, if she doesn't STEP IT UP, for cryin' out loud!

Edited on 04/08/2009 7:08pm

kal915

[54]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 11
    I guess now the competition for actual singer starts!

gchata

[57]Apr 8, 2009

PRAISE GOD!! *does happy dance*

kal915 wrote:
    kdtfiles wrote:
    It was...

kdtfiles

[58]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 23
    To (not putting user's name) you know who you are.

First off, You don't have to be RUDE!!! I just stated that I think he was the one who should go this week, as NOT EVERYONE likes him, I know plenty of people who don't care for him, sure he has talent, but he ISN'T the best singer in the competition. Second, just because I stated my opinion you don't need to tell me to Shut up. If you don't like a person's opinion you don't need to use a rude come back for it. Third, I happen to be a girl not a guy. Forth, not Jealous, I am an artist not a singer. Fifth, You should read through the TOS as it states that the use of the "R" word is unacceptable and will result in the Mods giving you a Violation. As it is a disparaging comment targeted at the mentally handicapped.

*Edit. Looks like they saw your post before I could even respond to you.
    Edited on 04/08/2009 7:50pm

myintermail

[59]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 7
    FINALLY, what took it so long to realize that? He's a great guy and all, but he isn't a singer. Sorry.

Next it's Lil who never impress us, not even a lil.

Edward_Nigma

[60]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 54

Hmm....so I went back and don't get some of the nicknames these people have (reading off of ebony_cunoichi's post). I got Dead Wife and Anoop Slumdog, all three Scott ones, and Pig Nose, but not the rest. Treasure Troll sounds funny, but what's the story? And Hal Sparks Monkey Boy? Eh? And I don't get Merkin Rounds either. I like No More Rounds myself. And I saw someone say Flambert, that's good. I personaly like Madam though hehe. And for Matt I call him girl scarf, based on that hideous thing he wore in one of the rounds (wildcard?).

Anyways...this hasn't aired for me...but I was dumb and didn't realize this thread was for Tues and Wed so now I know Blind Scott is out. Good call though I'd say, he was quite boring. I still and always will hate Madam though I think, he's just to showy and thinks he's so cool and different. *sigh*

amaryllis88 wrote:
    I was paying attention to Kris' parents to see which one gave him his mouth, but I couldn't quite tell.

And that is beyond funny. They weren't singing though, so I dunno if you could tell, since Kris's mouth is only sideways when he sings.