American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 8 Perform & The Results Show

amaryllis88

[61]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    It was good that they gave Adam his chance for responses at the beginning of the show. I was hoping for another group song that was better than the one they performed, it was just awful. I enjoyed me some Adam though, he looked good, and Danny looked a bit goofy while dancing, Lil sounded terrible though.

Anoop, Scott, & Lil. Each week Lil tells us that she's going to get better, if America votes her in & lets her stay, she'll prove to us that she's got what it takes. I'm still waiting. She sure has that powerful voice, and I'm sure she's a great singer, but she falls flat each performance.

I loved the Ford commercial, it's about time they did something theatrical like that, and it was right up Adam's alley. He looked HOT in his costume, everybody looked really good too. I didn't really see Scott or Anoop, except at the very end for the final shot. I liked their behind-the-scenes montage of putting it all together, I love watching stuff like that.

What is Flo Rida's song about? I'm thinkin' one thing, but I ain't sure..and yeah, my mind is in the gutter. Who was that lady singing with him, because I think she stole his show!? I really liked her voice. Now..was he intentionally muted? Did anybody else catch that? My sis and I rewound that just to make sure...Also, now I don't want to come off as dumb or rude: How blind is Scott? Because while he was talking to Ryan he said that he needs to *watch* the tape again of him singing, how can he? I also liked when he asked the wardrobe person if his outfit was pink...gotta love the humor.

Kellie's performance sounded really high pitch and squeaky...had to mute it. Frankie Avalon looks good for his age, he must Botox.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KamakaLo

[62]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 22
    Yay Kris is safe! I almost thought they were going to save Scott.

Scott is such a nice guy and I felt bad for him but I'm glad they didn't save him. So they have all been in the bottom except Adam,Danny and Kris. Kris needs to be amazing next week so he can stay at top and so does Matt. Anyone know what the theme will be?

amaryllis88

[63]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 20
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    don't get some of the nicknames these people have...And I don't get Merkin Rounds either.

If you look up the word "merkin" either on dictionary.com or wikipedia it, you'll have an understanding of why that nickname has been chosen, and I believe it's got something to do with her hair. With wikipedia they give you a nice picture to go with the description..so that may be better.

Edward_Nigma wrote:
    And that is beyond funny. They weren't singing though, so I dunno if you could tell, since Kris's mouth is only sideways when he sings.

That's true, it is only when he's singing...as witnessed by Anoop's impression of him just last week.

kdtfiles

[64]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 23
    I can see a smaller label putting Scott on contract to put out a CD. Several weeks back, he was at the level where he could have made top 5, maybe even top 3, but each week he just seemed to slip down. So for the last few weeks it was clear that he wasn't going to win.

yaminion

[65]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 23
    scott is an inspiration without question. he is nice and funny and it was so great to see him on the big stage and knowing he will be on tour. it was his time though. it seems like the vote is always close between anoop and the guy he is standing next to. mike beat anoop by only 20000 votes and anoop beat scott by only 30000 votes. this is where the competition is gonna get intense. everyone needs to perform very very very well next week. danny adam and kris are clearly the most popular. they are the only 3 that were never in the bottom. anoop does not have as big of a fanbase that people think. he was in the bottom the last 2 weeks. this week he even did pretty solid. lil has not had a good performance since mj week and her performance mj week was not that good.
    she needs to raise her game. she has tough competition and could be gone very soon if she doesnt do something. allison was in the bottom 2 times already and she needs to connect with the audience and have great performances to stay in the competition for a long time. if she can not connect with the audience soon she will leave early. matt is on a roll. he has been consistent. the only bad performance he had since the top 13 began was you found me which just did not compare to the frays version. he chose a great song but did not deliver but he did great last night. the producers have been kind to him because they place him near the end of the show. you know what happened the one time they put him in the beginning of the show during the top 10 week. if they put him near the beginning again he may be in trouble. kris is VERY popular. it shows just how big his fanbase is when you see him avoiding the bottom 3 after he had a not so good performance and went near the beginning of the show. he will go far unless he messes up. adam is clearly the strongest contestant this year by country mile. he has never been in the bottomn before and if he keeps up the great performances he will go far. the thing is i think he still has a chance of winning but i feel like he wont. i will tell you why because he is up against danny gokey. danny has a HUGE chance of becoming the american idol. he is a great singer and he connects with the audience more than any other contetant this year. unless adam absolutely crushes him in the finale, danny gokey will be the american idol. i think adam could crush danny in the finale since he has almost every week.

simpsonian100

[66]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 12
    I was relieved the judges didn't waste their save on Scott because I think the save should be used on someone with a shot at winning and I don't think Scott had a shot at winning.

stellarchick86

[67]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 32

90210ROX I hope you didnt take what I said in a bad way, I was just stating that I knew you thought Adam was hot, so I was someone you, for ex, would think AL is hot where as I think KA is more my type. You were just the first person I thought of because you had told me once you like more of the makeup wearing/rockstar types like Jared Leto and the guy from MCR (name escapes me for the moment). So I wasnt trying to like look down on you or anything like that if thats what you were thinking and sorry if you did. But thats cool you think KA is hot too.

Ok, so I wasnt expecting Scott to go home since so many people like him but Im kinda glad he did and Simon stepped up on that and didnt use the save. You know it was Paula/Kara against Simon/Randy on that one! I just didnt think Scott had a good voice really, regardless of vision or no vision, song choice, how nice he was, etc. Speaking of not having a good voice, I didnt like Kellie Pickler back then and I sure as heck dont like her now. The versus were ok but the choruses were just plain annoying and..IDK offkey or something. I did like her dress though and shes gotten prettier too lol must be the hair. Same with the girl singing with Flo Rida, it was just too loud and scream-y than it is on the actual song, I dont know I cant describe it. I didnt like her dress either, reminded me of someone from Night At The Roxburry or something. Hehe, can you imagine Flo Rida and Kellie Pickler getting into a discussion backstage? haha. Anyway, I wasnt surprised about Lil being in the bottom but I figured Kris wouldve been over Anoop. Im glad neither of them went home though and I hope next week they step it up with no imitations and not being offkey. That Ford music video thing was pretty short, I thought, I was like they went through all that work for that?? I dont know, I just didnt find it that great but then again I never find most of those too intriguing. I already have a Ford, they arent that great, so I dont care to have one pimped out to me. The Kylie Minogue song in the beginning was kinda eh too. I like the song itself just not really as a group thing. You can tell some of them were forgetting alot of the words too because the bridges were always quieter than the chorus lol. Alright so I guess thats it for me until next time..

Edited on 04/08/2009 9:36pm

90210rox

[68]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 14
    stellarchick86 wrote:

90210ROX I hope you didnt take what I said in a bad way, I was just stating that I knew you thought Adam was hot, so I was someone you, for ex, would think AL is hot where as I think KA is more my type. You were just the first person I thought of because you had told me once you like more of the makeup wearing/rockstar types like Jared Leto and the guy from MCR (name escapes me for the moment). So I wasnt trying to like look down on you or anything like that if thats what you were thinking and sorry if you did. But thats cool you think KA is hot too.

Ok, so I wasnt expecting Scott to go home since so many people like him but Im kinda glad he did and Simon stepped up on that and didnt use the save. You know it was Paula/Kara against Simon/Randy on that one! I just didnt think Scott had a good voice really, regardless of vision or no vision, song choice, how nice he was, etc. Speaking of not having a good voice, I didnt like Kellie Pickler back then and I sure as heck dont like her now. The versus were ok but the choruses were just plain annoying and..IDK offkey or something. I did like her dress though and shes gotten prettier too lol must be the hair. Same with the girl singing with Flo Rida, it was just too loud and scream-y than it is on the actual song, I dont know I cant describe it. I didnt like her dress either, reminded me of someone from Night At The Roxburry or something. Hehe, can you imagine Flo Rida and Kellie Pickler getting into a discussion backstage? haha. Anyway, I wasnt surprised about Lil being in the bottom but I figured Kris wouldve been over Anoop. Im glad neither of them went home though and I hope next week they step it up with no imitations and not being offkey. That Ford music video thing was pretty short, I thought, I was like they went through all that work for that?? I dont know, I just didnt find it that great but then again I never find most of those too intriguing. I already have a Ford, they arent that great, so I dont care to have one pimped out to me. The Kylie Minogue song in the beginning was kinda eh too. I like the song itself just not really as a group thing. You can tell some of them were forgetting alot of the words too because the bridges were always quieter than the chorus lol. Alright so I guess thats it for me until next time..

Haha, no it's OK, I laughed when you said "someone like 90210rox would like him". I understand. (Guy from MCR's name is Gerard Way) And actually, I have many different types, it's the just the rockstar ones are more likely to catch my attention.

Alright, so I DID hear a little from Flo Sucka's performance, it was coming from my mom's room; I heard that girl's voice, and I couldn't stand it! Yeesh, quiet down, girl, you can't sing! Who the hell was she, by the way?

I noticed them forgetting the lyrics. I guess they didn't really lip-sync tonight then, eh? Maybe some of them should. About half of them were good, the others (namely Lil) should lip-sync. Think that can work? lol I'm just sayin'. I never really cared if they lip-synced those performances, anyway.

stellarchick86

[69]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 32

^^Oh, ok good. Because the way you were like "uh, ok, thanks, stellar" I was like oh no she thinks Im probably making fun of her or thinking shes stupid for liking AL as her type of guy and I didnt mean to say it like that! lol. Glad thats resolved then!

And yeah, I do like hip-hop/rap so it wasnt so much Flo Rida himself I was like ugh about (I can pretty much listen to anything seriously, as long as its not opera or like really heavy metal where the guy screams throughout the whole thing like hes dying because they both give me a headache, otherwise Im good) but the girl singing with Flo Rida was pretty bad (I have no idea who she is, rappers like to pimp-out up-and-coming female singers with them on choruses of their songs alot). Shes ok on the single but live not so much. I kinda wish they wouldve just had the track going on in the background so when the girls part came up it would just be the single version and he couldve just danced around or something during that part lol.

Edward_Nigma

[70]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 54

[QUOTE="amaryllis88"]

Edward_Nigma wrote:
    don't get some of the nicknames these people have...And I don't get Merkin Rounds either.
    If you look up the word "merkin" either on dictionary.com or wikipedia it, you'll have an understanding of why that nickname has been chosen, and I believe it's got something to do with her hair. With wikipedia they give you a nice picture to go with the description..so that may be better. [QUOTE]

Ewww okay gross lol.

Grrr I'm even more mad though that I looked at this thread before the episode aired here, because the judges were so close to bringing Scott back it was intense (or would have been if I didn't know haha)! And Paula talking right into the end of the credits lol...that's Paula!

ebony_kunoichi

[71]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 13

Edward_Nigma, you are a tad bit late sweetie. Kris is Hal Sparks cause he bears a striking resemblance to the actor who was on the wonderful show called Queer as Folk and his roommate is Adam. Kris is Krissy Kermit cause someone said his mouth looks like kermit the frog. Also he is monkey boy cause someone has said that he resembles a monkey due to his height. See the Allison thread for the treasure troll reference. Her hair is pink and her nose is wide like a treasure troll. Merkin is Merkin because, well, her busted *** wig is horrible at times, but last night it was looking great! Scott: see the scott thread, but its about his hair. Wolverine or Annie, you decide.

Speaking of dressing. Last night must have been Dixie Dinner curtain night cause almost everyone was wearing some fugly checkerboard printed hot mess. I really felt for Allison and Merkin. They had them in some busted clothes that looked more appropriate for cleaning house instead of singing on AI. Their clothes were not flattering either. With all that silver poor Merkin looked like a satellite in space with her big *** as the homing beacon!!

O.K. I loved that Frankie Avalon showed up. he looks great and I still have a soft spot for him since he was in Grease. Yes Simon is 50! WOW He looks great!

I cant stand that Flo Rida song and I couldnt understand what he was mumbling about. On the flip side I have heard several interviews with Flo Rida and he seems like a real nice guy

Kelly Pickler was a hot mess. Who in the world buys her CD's and survive is beyond me. And why does she look so damn old? I swear she is younger than me, i'm 32, but poor Kelly looks like she is 40 and my man swears she has had work done to her face. When she was on AI, she was so cute. Kelly, what happened??

Scott was voted off, thank god, but I am forever the cynic and I smell a rat with the voting. I am a loyal devotee of Dial Idol and I know they arent 100% accurate, but I still find it weird that Kris wasnt in the bottom 3. I know he has a fan base, but something just aint right. Let me also take this time to say something to Matt, my hometown homeboy. Matt, please tame the third eye that is growing on your forehead. It's really, really REALLY, starting to creep me out!!

**Removed Censor Bypassing.

Edited on 04/09/2009 7:33pm
    Edited 4 total times.

FCBarca

[72]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 15
    Too bad we couldn't have seen both Anoop and Scott go home last night

sylent_asassin

[73]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 26
    Oh, ebony! Stop being so mean! Don't make me spank you. Lil does not have pubes on her head although her due is slightly askew sometimes... and Allison does NOT look like a Troll doll.

Well...

Regarding the show, Frankie was kind of cool. A cool, funny throwback would have been seeing one of his older concerts where girls shouted, "Oh Frankie!" Threw their panties on stage and fainted. The group performance was terrible. I love that Kylie Minogue song, but that rendition by the Idolites was dreadful. Of all the songs, couldn't they have chosen something else?!?

I thought Flo Rida was okay, but I didn't get the jumping around on stage like he had crabs. Most of his songs get airplay because of the hooks, not the actual lyrics. Most of Flo Rida's lyrics make very little sense. The only reason "Low" got airplay was because of T-pain's hook. "Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur..." I honestly can't remember what else is in that song.

Kelly Pickler looked okay, but did she climb the Mountain and walk onto holy ground to see the burning bush? It looked like she aged 10 years. Must be the botox shots and boob job... and she sang like she just got through running the mile. Her voice was off the entire song and she sang out of breath. Anyone that buys her CD must be doing so for the cutesy picture on the cover because she's a cute girl and all (with nice legs) but a great vocalist, she is NOT. The ONLY reason she got as far as she did in Season 5 is because she was a pretty face and had the naive act working. I wish I could have heard Simon critique that performance. "It was nonsensical, indulgent rubbish!"

Scott FINALLY got voted off. I wonder who VFTW is going to endorse now that there are no underdogs or misfits to support. It seems whenever VFTW backs someone, their pick get axed the following week... and like I've been saying all along, Scott is a great guy and guiding-light for those with disabilities, but he's not a great vocalist. It has nothing to do with his disability. I'm glad Simon pointed out that the other remaining contestants are more talented vocally. That's what EVERYONE needed to hear.

angeldeb82

[74]Apr 9, 2009
    Are you kidding me? That "Can't Get You Out of My Head" rendition by the Top 8 is sweet (even with Adam! ); and so is the Ford video for their rendtion of Britney Spears' "Circus" (love how they imitate the judges behind the scenes! ). Even Flo Rida's song kind of feels like a mediocre version of "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)".

imthemediagirl

[75]Apr 9, 2009
    angeldeb82 wrote:
    Also, "Mad World" is also used as one of the tunes for the "Donnie Darko" movie, did you know that?

omg, i couldnt think of where i knew that song from! hah thanks for the flashback.

Hungry_Homer111

[77]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 26

Well, since I'm late to comment on the performance show, I'll just give my overall opinion. Most of them were bad, I wouldn't mind if the majority of them went home after those performances, and I'm getting worried about Lil, who I like, but she just can't choose a song that fits her even if her life (or in this case her career) depended on it. The best of the night, again, was Adam, who had his "worst" performance, mainly because it was all just high notes, and didn't have the range that his songs usually have, but he was still really good. But the rest... Meh.

I think that there were worse people this week, and in general, than Scott (although his performance this week wasn't that great, it wasn't as bad as some of the other bad performances IMO), but I'm not that upset that he left. I liked him, and wish that he would have been on longer, but he would was going to be voted off the show eventually anyway, and didn't stand up to the best of the competition, so it's not a huge loss.

Edited on 04/09/2009 2:17pm

Larexx

[78]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 11
    As I predicted, the bottom 3 were Anoop Desai, Scott MacIntyre & Lil Rounds. It was Scott's turn to go home. I think he does have some sight but has no peripheral vision, meaning he has tunnel vision. He can only see what's directly in front of him. I think that is his problem but I'm not 100% sure on that! I think the biggest surprise last night was that the judges even considered saving him last night. He is a good singer but is clearly not the best!

kikimarie593

[79]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 27
    I still think it should have been Anoop to go home last night. Scott wasn't that good, but I would much prefer him over Anoop!

Aussieh

[80]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 5
    feels like this show has been decided already for ages....
    to bad for a few other guys they didn't enter previous weaker seasons as i felt like they would have won those.. but this year there is nobody coming near Adam, he sings in another league, one that has never been seen on Idol.