American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 8 Perform & The Results Show

Butterflyagirl

[81]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 8

I loved the Ford commercial! It was the best so far and the top 8 performance was great.

A the beginning I loved Scott but he just lost it and started giving average performances every week. I think now with him gone, the show has a very close competition. Lil needs to start giving excellent performances or she's going to get voted off next week. I don't like her that much but I admit she's really talented. I can't understand why she keeps making awful choices.

ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    Kelly Pickler was a hot mess. Who in the world buys her CD's and survive is beyond me. And why does she look so damn old? I swear she is younger than me, i'm 32, but poor Kelly looks like she is 40 and my man swears she has had work done to her face. When she was on AI, she was so cute. Kelly, what happened?

When she was on Idol she was so beautiful. I think it was bad plastic surgery. She looks much older than she really is. I think her performance was ok and I love her personality.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

all4dogs

[82]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 6

I'm thrilled that Scott went home. Honestly, I liked him early on, but each week since, he's been working my last nerve. Nice guy, but just not up to par with the rest.

Lil needs to get her act together. As others are improving, she seems to be getting worse. She needs to let loose and have a little fun. What the heck, at this point she has nothing to lose.

Anoop, well he just needs to stay consistent. He's had some good performances, and some bad ones. Another bad one will throw him out of the competition for good.

Matt should stick to his R&B style. When he departs from R&B, the audience puts him in the bottom.

Adam & Allison should just keep doing their thing. I'm fully expecting them to be the top 2. Sure, it would be great to see more of Allison's personality, and Adam needs to balance his rock-and-roll screech (which I absolutely love), with something a little more toned down that American can stomach.

Danny bugs me for some unknown reason. Maybe it's the way he's pimped out, or maybe because everything he sings sounds the same.

I haven't made up my mind on Kris yet. I started out not liking him, but I'm starting to like him (sans this week's performance). He should just keep doing his thing too.

Edited on 04/09/2009 4:49pm

buffyangel4evr_

[83]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 20

OK. I pretty much only tuned into the end of the show. I caught a few seconds of the group performance. "Can't Get You Outta My Head"? Wasn't feelin' it. There are soooooooo many better songs. Then came Flo Rida butchering "You Spin Me Round". Ugh! Kelli Pickler, I actually like her, but she sounded really, I don't even know how to describe it. Squeeky, screechy? I dunno, her voice was wierd. My horrible luck, I kept hitting the show on the bad parts.

The results. I was kind of surprised to hear that Anoop was in the bottom three, Im glad that Kris' fans didn't let one bad performance affect the votes. He's growing on me. Scott and Lil, no surprise there. I actually would have preferred Lil to go home this week. She's just not getting it. How many times do the judges have to tell her about song choice and to make her performances current? Do they need to hit her with a club or actually choose a song for her and tell her how to perform it? I know she has fans out there, I'm sorry, but that's how I feel. Scott going home, not a huge surprise, I kinda thought that he may have held on for another week. Still, all in all, --broken record--he's an insperation. He can do a singer/songwriter kind of record, that's his vibe.

Edward_Nigma

[84]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 54
    Hey thanks ebony for all the explanations. Very nice. I agree Kermit wasn't too good last week, but he was not quite as bad as Merkin has been, and Slumdog isn't a top person in general. So maybe Kermit was 4th-lowest? I also don't like Girl Scarf (sorry I love that name too much, gotta stick with it), but other people seem to.

I agree Kellie Pickler looked old and sang terribly.

The group songs are always so corny, but this one was just plain bad. Kylie was probably gouging her eyes out and ripping off her ears if she was watching. Oh and the Ford "commercials" are always cheesy too.

I wonder if the contestants read this ahaha...or make accounts to support themselves. I really doubt it...but it'd be funny.

DILLIGAF7

[85]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 4
    Lil' needs to go next. She hasn't done well at all. Can't pick a right song choice, and it's ready the Top 7. Ridiculous.
    After her it will be Anoop for sure. Or maybe the other way around.

Danny, not too sure. I like him and then I don't like him. Matt, love when he sings his type of genre, R&B. When he ventures from it, he just flops. Kris, I love him! He's amazing! I want him to win!!

Allison, if Kris doesn't win, I would want her. She's so young and with a voice like that. Wow.

Adam, I would prefer if he didn't win. But looks like American Idol, already decided he has, right? He's not that great in my opinion. His screeching has got to go. But when he doesn't screech, he just sings falsetto and his high notes, and those aren't all that great to hear either.

Xannie

[86]Apr 11, 2009

When Adam started to sing I got excited immediately because the song is one of my all time favorites.

It's also my ring-tone.

When he was done for the first time since I've watched the show I thought:"I would buy tickets for this guy if he came to play in Holland."

I'm in love (musically speaking ofcourse)

anita

stellarchick86

[87]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 32
    Xannie wrote:
    When Adam started to sing I got excited immediately because the song is one of my all time favorites. It's also my ring-tone

Yeah, I love that song too, but I had no idea who sang it. So when Ryan mentioned it was from TforF I listened to it on playlist.com and I was like thats not really the version I remember but ok. Then someone mentioned the Gary Jules version and I was like yes! this is the one I like! So even though TforF mayve sang it first, I like GJ's version better because its supposed to sound slow and depressing and TforF's version is too fast for me.

Xannie

[88]Apr 12, 2009

stellarchick86 wrote:
    So even though TforF mayve sang it first, I like GJ's version better because its supposed to sound slow and depressing and TforF's version is too fast for me.

Though I agree Gary Jules version is also the one I loved (right now I prefer Adams version), Tears for Fears did not only sing it first, one of them (Roland Orzabal) also wrote it so without him we would never have heard any version.

Besides TforF was in the 80's and thats what it sounds like.

anita

stellarchick86

[89]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 32
    Xannie wrote:
    Tears for Fears did not only sing it first, one of them (Roland Orzabal) also wrote it so without him we would never have heard any version.

Lol, yeah I figured it was something like that, thanks! And yeah I do like the TforF version, I just think it should be slower and sadder sounding, like the GJ version. But since it came from the 80s thats not usually the case lol (and I like 80s music that sounds like that just not for that particular song).

jogleason

[90]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 2
    if there was a show with any less plot and give me a break simon codpiece cowell not even the British like him

imthemediagirl

[91]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    Xannie wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:
    So even though TforF mayve sang it first, I like GJ's version better because its supposed to sound slow and depressing and TforF's version is too fast for me.

Though I agree Gary Jules version is also the one I loved (right now I prefer Adams version), Tears for Fears did not only sing it first, one of them (Roland Orzabal) also wrote it so without him we would never have heard any version.

Besides TforF was in the 80's and thats what it sounds like.

anita

i actually like the tears for fears version best, i like the song being uptempo and melancholy at the same time

Javon8

[92]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 1

1st of all Paula only stands up for the men and she always has something negative to say to the Lil and Alison she neva stands or clap like she does the men especially Adam. Why is it Anoop gets put on the bottom three HE SINGS GREAT! ADAM CANT SING FOR ALL YOU PREJUDICE WHITE WOMEN WHO THINK HE SEXY HE CANT SING! THE ONLY REASON THAT ANOOP KEEPS GETTING PUT AT THE BOTTOM 3 IS BECAUSE HE AINT THE RIGHT COLOR. LIL DOES'NT NEED TO BE AT THE BOTTOM EITHER IM SICK OF THIS BULL......IM GONNA THANK YOU PREJUDICE PEOPLE FOR PUTTING THE NON WHITE PEOPLE ON THE BOTTOM 3. ALL THE PEOPLE AT THE BOTTOM 3 ARE NOT WHITE. Hmmmmmmm................ain't thAt interesting! Its good singing we choose from not good looks. Jennifer Hudson was eliminated and won a Grammy so for all YOU PREJUDICE PEOPLE AMERICAN DON'T MEAN SH!T......................

aislingxireland

[93]Apr 16, 2009

ye the show is doing well this year.i think Adam Lambert is the best by far.hes voice is amazing.i love him 2 bits.the only thing i hate about American idol is the way other countries cant vote so not fair.imagine all the money they would make if Europe could vote but i guess thats not gonna change.well i think if Adam Lambert does not win then its a huge joke because he has never made Any mistakes picking songs that go with his voice.if he doesn't win (but i think he will) he will still do extremely well and someone who has brains will help him to get a cd out.

aislingxireland

[95]Apr 16, 2009

First off all im writing another comment because Ive just after reading javon8s comment.i 100% disagree with him.Annop is in the bottom 3 each week not because of colour or Any other stupet reason that he said, its just beacue he picks wrong songs and hes not on the same level as every one else.i like Adam Lambert not because of him being a guy or hes looks, i like him because off his amazing voice and the way hes been really smart picking songs that go with his voice.Paula it not being sexist standing up and dancing when the guys she likes come on.i think she stands up because she likes there choice of song so what the hell is wrong with that javon8? i know that you like annop and im sorry that hes not doing well its hard luck but for the love of god get a grip you stupet annoying person and stop trying to think of any silly annoying dingus excuse possible for him not doing well

love aislingxireland

ebony_kunoichi

[96]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 13

To Javon. I don't totally agree with you, but I do have to say looks has something to do with Anoop not being as popular.

Sorry folks, but Anoops voice is just the same as any other male singer in the industry that is pop or R&B. If Anoop was some hot guy black or white then the voters would be all over him. Kris is as boring as a tree stump and he and Anoop both have good voices but Kris is constantly in the top 4. Now according to my Indian friends, Anoop is cute, but in America we don't see many Indian leading men on TV or otherwise. I can only think of 2 on Tv and that is Mohinder on Heroes and Sayid on Lost who is British and Indian and not Middle Eastern, I think.

Lil, just sucks Javon. She has went down since the competition started. But Like I have been saying since day one. This competition ceased being about singing since season 4 I think when Mantasia won. Most people that are voting now are young white chicks and middle age white haus Frau. They are the ones that buy the CD's and go to the concerts of the winners and go to the Idol tour concerts. If you don't appeal to either one of these groups then you don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. I don't know when or why this has happened, but I just don't know that many black folks that even watch Idol anymore much less vote. The same applies to men. Most guys just watch it to see a hot chick or cause their girl watches it. Its alll a dog and pony show now. Yeah you have to sing, but a pretty face can take you a long way.

As for me, I'm an equal opportunity chick. I love men of all colors and backgrounds. I've dated them all. So one day I pray I will get some hot asian guy up there!

imthemediagirl

[97]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

I've dated them all. So one day I pray I will get some hot asian guy up there!

here's to that sister! the best guy i ever had was filipino, and i am a young white gal. i just think it'd be cool to see someone of asian background win idol, period, male or female.

coutterhill

[100]Apr 22, 2009
    • level: 14
    Last night, they were too hard on Lil. They just don't want her to win.