American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 9 Perform Again, & Results Show!!

RyanSeacrest

[1]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Voo_Bopo

[2]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 9
    Crystal Bowersox - 9/10
    Andrew Garcia - 6/10
    Tim Urban - 8/10
    Lee DeWyze - 9/10
    Aaron Kelly - 7/10
    Siobhan Magnus - 7/10
    Michael Lynche - 8/10
    Katie Stevens - 7/10
    Casey James - 7/10

KamakaLo

[4]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 22
    my favorites
    Casey
    Lee
    Aaron

Tim and Mike were pretty good. Siobhan is fading fast....I was a big fan of hers but I don't know I'm just not feeling her anymore.

I don't understand these idiot judges either? they think Casey's song was bad but yet Crystal is awesome doing the same thing each week? please tell me what is so amazing about this bland chick? I'm still not amused. zz

I'm thinking Andrew might be one to go though since he wasn't so good but who knows... maybe Katie? Aaron

Voo_Bopo

[5]Apr 13, 2010
    KamakaLo: The reason Crystal Bowersox is a fan favorite is because she's a real artist. She knows what she's good at and sticks with it while still changing things up each performance. Every week she gives a solid performance. She might not be up to par with previous favorites, such as Adam Lambert, but she's still good enough to make a successful career, although she may not be everyone's style.

Edward_Nigma

[6]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 54
    Ugh I'm still so disgusted that they'd pick Lamebert to be a mentor. 1) He didn't win (which doesn't dictate talent...but they're asking him to appear on Idol, so you'd think they'd ask a winner) and 2) He just competed last year. If I was any winner, especially one of the actual successful ones (Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood) I'd be offended.

Or maybe they're just getting desperate, and asking whoever to mentor.

angeldeb82

[7]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 12
    After an Elvis-themed night, the pecking order remains unchanged.

All Shook Up?

haldrey

[8]Apr 14, 2010
    Very good night, mainly because it was Elvis night. Garcia have to go, Graceland shook after his massacre of one of Elvis iconic songs. Who else? Please not Siobhan, she deserves another opportunity.

Voo_Bopo

[9]Apr 14, 2010
    Aaron Kelly might be in trouble tonight, but we'll see.

RalphWiggumFan

[10]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 14

I actually thought Adam Lambert was a good mentor, he was better than Smiley Cyrus.

Anyway, on to the performances (I only saw Crystal/Andrew in the last part, so I'll just put them where I think they would go based on that).

1. Michael Lynche - Beautiful performance. I'm glad he was saved.
    2. Tim Urban - Yeah, that's right. Number two for Tim. It was really good tonight.
    3. Crystal Bowersox
    4. Lee Dewyze - He's showing more personality each week and he remains consistent. Go Lee!
    5. Siobhan Magnus - Pretty good performance, though the second half was way better than the first.
    6. Casey James - This one was okay, I guess. I hope he steps it up next week.
    7. Katie Stevens - Whiny little ####. I'll tell you what I want you to do: Get your rear end kicked off this show.
    8. Aaron Kelly - Really bad tonight. The song choice was bizarre, and the performance was even more bizarre. I won't be sad to see him go.
    9. Andrew Garcia - No comment.

Larexx

[11]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 11

I've had several conversations today about this years contestants. We all agree NONE have the wow factor! I think this bunch might be the most talented they've ever had instrumentally. They all seem to play the guitar & Crystal also plays the piano & harmonica. They all have good vocals but none of them have given us a real Wow performance which is a huge disappointment. Tim Urban is just adorably cute with a beautiful smile & he was really good last night. I agree with Simon who said he has gone from zero to hero in 2 weeks. Crystal Bowersox may be the overall most talented of the bunch but I hate those dreadlocks & her missing & brown teeth. She has a style & sticks to it but after listening to a couple of songs on an album I'd be bored with her. Not one stands out as the winner this year so who stays or goes doesn't matter much to me this season which makes it a dull one overall. Too bad!

Voo_Bopo

[12]Apr 14, 2010
    Larexx wrote:

I've had several conversations today about this years contestants. We all agree NONE have the wow factor! I think this bunch might be the most talented they've ever had instrumentally. They all seem to play the guitar & Crystal also plays the piano & harmonica. They all have good vocals but none of them have given us a real Wow performance which is a huge disappointment. Tim Urban is just adorably cute with a beautiful smile & he was really good last night. I agree with Simon who said he has gone from zero to hero in 2 weeks. Crystal Bowersox may be the overall most talented of the bunch but I hate those dreadlocks & her missing & brown teeth. She has a style & sticks to it but after listening to a couple of songs on an album I'd be bored with her. Not one stands out as the winner this year so who stays or goes doesn't matter much to me this season which makes it a dull one overall. Too bad!

There was one real "wow" performance this year, and that was Siobhan Magnus' rendition of "Paint it Black". But other than that, you're right.

taillow22

[13]Apr 14, 2010

Oh, I'm a little late to the party...

With two people leaving in less than 50 minutes there's no point in writing, so I'll just say that I think Andrew and Aaron are gone. OH NOEZ!!

KamakaLo

[14]Apr 14, 2010
    I figured Andrew would go...

Then as soon as Ryan said one person wasn't in the bottom 3 I knew Mike was safe... Dial Idol was right. lol Katie went. Yay!

Voo_Bopo

[15]Apr 14, 2010
    It wasn't too hard to predict those two. It's a shame to see them go though, really. And I can only imagine how it must be with the contestants. Lee DeWyze seemed to be good friends with Andrew Garcia, and I can tell he was really upset.

Still, two people had to go. And I would say that, in the end, it was the right two. Congratulations to both Andrew Garcia and Katie Stevens for how well they did. I hope they both have a great future ahead.

mksystem74

[16]Apr 14, 2010

Never liked Andrew, thought he didn't have that good of a voice and the "Straight Up" song he did wasn't that good to begin with. Too over hyped. But that's just me. Knew Katie was out the door this week or next. People just don't care for her for some reason, but she's got a voice. Just needs some experience.

angeldeb82

[17]Apr 14, 2010
    The moment I saw all of the people in the bottom row come to the center of the stage, I figured that Katie wasn't doing so well, and then Crystal, Siobhan, Lee and Tim (boo!) are safe. Then when I saw Michael and Katie standing there, I figured that I didn't want Michael to go emptyhanded, and in the end Katie's dreams had to be sacrificed for Michael to move on. At least she did her best, though.

Pet_Petra

[18]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 17

I really wanted Big Ego to go home

angeldeb82

[19]Apr 15, 2010
    And here's a recap: Two Is the Loneliest Number

haldrey

[20]Apr 15, 2010
    Andrew was a no brainer. Katie ok, but I kind of liked her, but she is young a I am sure, a bright future ahead.