American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 9 Perform & Results Show

angeldeb82

[41]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 12
    Well, the MSN guys had to call her "Megan Corkrey" one last time. At least she's voted off.

Eight Is Enough
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amaryllis88

[42]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 20
    Loved when they impersonated one another, especially Anoop's weird mouth twisty thing for Kris, that was perfect, at least they notice that too! Scott got his chocolate cake, how did he know it was quadruple? They could've just told him it was triple layers, he wouldn't have known the difference. The Ford music video was interesting, at some point you could tell each of the tiers were colliding with each other, and it looked silly, but there aren't a whole lot of options of what they can do.

I liked the Journey song, but what was Lil wearing? If you thought Megan had melons drooping from her prom dress a couple of weeks ago, then Lil had somethin' else going entirely. Was she even wearing any kind of support? I was too distracted. Couldn't stand Megan and her dorky-ness, quirky-ness, and all around dumb-@ss-ness last night. Her facial expressions were awful, the way she was so flippant annoyed me, and I'm glad the judges didn't give her a chance, she proved how much she cared to stay on the competition from her words, "I don't care."

Oh Ryan, I love how he can be so sneaky! Foolin' poor Matt into thinking he made it in the bottom 3. Anoop & Megan deserved the bottom 3 spots, but not Allison again, she's a really good singer/performer. Lady GaGa's performance was strange, the dancing kind of threw me, I wasn't sure if she was channeling Ashley Simpson's hoe-down from her debunked SNL performance, or if she was inventing something all her own. I of course rewound and watched it several times, it had me in a trance. I'm hoping for some good 80s/90s songs next week!

ebony_kunoichi

[43]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 13

I like 2 songs on lady GAGA's album, but I love her. She is like a glam rock Disco Gwen Stefani. I love her style, stage performance and all over uniqueness. David Cook was alright, but there is something about his looks that repel me. I think its the pubs on his face or something. usually he is my type, but I was seriously checking out the drummer when he was singing.

I have no clue what Merkin Rounds was wearing! All white is not flattering at all and it made her bubble butt look huge! I thought she had a sheep attatched to her backside. I was about to call the SPCA on that lady. American Idol you are wrong for that!

Megan was totally gone last night. I seriously felt she is on something or she is bipolar. She was acting more nuttier that usual. Simon told her ditzy a** where to get off. She acted like she didnt care then cried like a two year old who got punched in the face when she realized that she was gone. I didnt get it. I wouldnt be surprised if she jumps from a building and caw cawing all the way down.

Edited on 04/02/2009 10:06am
    Edited 3 total times.

FCBarca

[44]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 15
    After a quick google, I saw that David Cook's brother is named Adam which I figured was the source of the 'AC' on his guitar last night...Tough stuff

stellarchick86

[45]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 32
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    I wouldnt be surprised if she jumps from a building and caw cawing all the way down.

LOL! Me either! "Fly Megan..fly into the abyss!" "Caw...caw.. **** *thud* haha.

FCBarca wrote:
    After a quick google, I saw that David Cook's brother is named Adam which I figured was the source of the 'AC' on his guitar last night...Tough stuff

Hehe yeah we noticed that last season

webizoid345

[46]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 16
    If Anoop doesn't wow us like the week before,than he may be going home

sylent_asassin

[47]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 26
    Twas' a good night. I got to hear one of my all-time favorite Rock songs in "Don't stop believin," Almond Joy showed me some of that sweet flesh and the judges finally saw through the smoke and mirrors and didn't even consider saving her, especially after the whimsical, thoughtless remarks... and what the heck was that whole "caw-caw" act about? Was she toking from Tatiana's private stash? For a spell, she seemed completely nuts; from the wing-flapping nonsense to the jaw-dropping, bug-eyed stare just before Ryan announced the results. I thought her eyeballs were going to jump out of her skull and bounce off the stage into Kara's lap. "Hit the road, Jack... and don't you come back no more..."

Lil is my girl and all, but white is NOT her color. Her hind quarters looked so big that if you put a tarp over it, kids could use that thing as a jumper for a Birthday party. Dark colors, babe!

I kind of felt for Allison being in the bottom three again. Like I said before, if she had Megan's physical appearance, she'd be getting more votes than Kris and Adam combined. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but typically that's how these popularity shows go. Anyway, let's hope Scotty boy is next on the chopping block. The odds of Scotty sacking up and belting out a vocal masterpiece are as slim as Megan winning American Idol.

Lady Gaga's performance was all over the place. I'm thinking she took a hit of the good stuff before her performance... and what the hell was she wearing? She looked like a bootlegged Kiss character. Gene Simmons would be rolling in his grave... Err. (Charles Barlkey reference) Anyway, Gaga strikes me as a hybrid between Pink and Christina Aguilera. The only reason "Just Dance" and "Poker Face" are getting any airplay is because of the remixes with Akon, Colby O'Donnis, Cardinal Official and the power of Konvict Music. If it weren't for the aforementioned, she'd probably be giving $20 lap dances in some raunchy, smoke-filled strip joint. The girl does have talent, but sheesh! Tone it down a bit.

Larexx

[48]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 11

Yeah, Megan's gone! Enough said!

Lady GaGa was just a no,no! What was with that zipper eye? Too weird! The only thing I liked about her was the cool pink bubble piano!

Ebony: Lil's sheep butt....had me laughing to tears!

imthemediagirl

[49]Apr 2, 2009
    it seemed to me like megan suddenly got fed up with corporate idol and decided to be a jaded jerk-o**. and i liked her. but it seemed like she knew she was going down and she wasnt going down without making a scene! preferably one somehow exposing idol as the bunch of wackjobs it is/can be.

anyway... i really liked lady gaga singing pokerface slowly at the beginning, proved being on the radio doesnt disqualify you from being talented (as some artists seem insistent on proving). her over-the-top-ness was a great show.

and woow david cook's drummer with that crazy hair almost stole the show. makes me think he should be seen on tv a lot more often lol.

stellarchick86

[50]Apr 2, 2009
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    The only reason "Just Dance" and "Poker Face" are getting any airplay is because of the remixes with Akon, Colby O'Donnis, Cardinal Official and the power of Konvict Music. If it weren't for the aforementioned, she'd probably be giving $20 lap dances in some raunchy, smoke-filled strip joint. The girl does have talent, but sheesh! Tone it down a bit.

Remember Britney Spears? You dont have to have good vocal ability as long as you entertain well enough in todays world. Thats why she lipsynchs so much because shes worried more about dancing and entertaining with putting on a show than actually singing (since she cant really). And I thought she had a good enough voice at the beginning when it was slower, not Whitney Houston but not bad. And most people on here have at least said shes entertaining if nothing else. Most people in todays pop world arent great talent-wise they just arent as...David Bowie-ish as her lol
    Edited on 04/02/2009 8:46pm
    Edited 2 total times.

amaryllis88

[51]Apr 3, 2009
    I re-watched Lady GaGa's performance, and I'm going to admit to everybody that I really liked it, even her jazzy, hip dance routine with her robotic back-up dancers, and her violinist too.
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    For a spell, she seemed completely nuts; from the wing-flapping nonsense to the jaw-dropping, bug-eyed stare just before Ryan announced the results. I thought her eyeballs were going to jump out of her skull and bounce off the stage into Kara's lap

That's great! I hated her facial expression thru out this moment, I wanted to blind her, or knock those suckers from her sockets, what a dumb blonde beeotch, she really made me hate her in that second. And how poignant was Simon's "And neither do we," comment about not caring. I'm sure she'll be back for the finale, undeniably, with her caw-cawing, and her large wing span too.

sylent_asassin

[52]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 26
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    The only reason "Just Dance" and "Poker Face" are getting any airplay is because of the remixes with Akon, Colby O'Donnis, Cardinal Official and the power of Konvict Music. If it weren't for the aforementioned, she'd probably be giving $20 lap dances in some raunchy, smoke-filled strip joint. The girl does have talent, but sheesh! Tone it down a bit.

Remember Britney Spears? You dont have to have good vocal ability as long as you entertain well enough in todays world. Thats why she lipsynchs so much because shes worried more about dancing and entertaining with putting on a show than actually singing (since she cant really). And I thought she had a good enough voice at the beginning when it was slower, not Whitney Houston but not bad. And most people on here have at least said shes entertaining if nothing else. Most people in todays pop world arent great talent-wise they just arent as...David Bowie-ish as her lol

It's been that way since the beginning. Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul and Jennifer Lopez can't sing a lick, but all had successful careers as pop artists. It just illustrates that all you have to do to be successful in the music business is have a pretty face, a catchy hook and a bunch of talented background dancers for your music videos and tours.

kikimarie593

[53]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 27
    This is kind of random, but I'm wondering when they're going to get rid of that picture of Michael Sarver on the main page. He's long gone, nobody wants to see his picture anymore.

angeldeb82

[54]Apr 3, 2009
    David Cook got a platinum album now! I bet his heart is still doing fine. Believe me, he had chest problems over a year ago during Dolly Parton Week, and became hospitalized for good condition. Nothing can stop him now!

buffyangel4evr_

[55]Apr 3, 2009

stellarchick86 wrote:
    sylent_asassin wrote:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Some one who agrees that Britney Spears can't sing for crap.

stellarchick86

[56]Apr 3, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:
    This is kind of random, but I'm wondering when they're going to get rid of that picture of Michael Sarver on the main page. He's long gone, nobody wants to see his picture anymore.

Lol I always wondered the same thing, they went from having the judges which made sense to that, which doesnt! lol

sylent_asassin wrote:
    It's been that way since the beginning. Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, Paula Abdul and Jennifer Lopez can't sing a lick, but all had successful careers as pop artists. It just illustrates that all you have to do to be successful in the music business is have a pretty face, a catchy hook and a bunch of talented background dancers for your music videos and tours.

Totally! Britney Spears was just the first person I thought of and it seems like the past 2 years or so have been REALLY bad for not havin to have talent so I just thought of her first.
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Some one who agrees that Britney Spears can't sing for crap

Yeah, totally! Youre welcome! I do like her songs as just sort of fun to drive around to or dance to or whatever (like Lady Gaga) but I dont take them seriously for talent like say Mariah Carey or someone like that!

JAKandDAX123

[57]Apr 5, 2009

i loved the way megan went out, the flying and cawing to her chair was hilarious. she knew she was going out, and was just having fun (did you notice allison and all the other contestants cawing and flapping at the end of the show?). and if you read her interviews, she didn't mean that she didnt care about the show, she just didnt care that simon didnt like her song. im going to miss her. she will probably still get a recording contract.

and allison being in the bottom 3 was crazy. sence megan is gone, all my votes are going to allison. hopefully scott or anoop leave next.

esenjay334

[58]Apr 5, 2009
    • level: 1

This is the order of my favorite performances:

9. Megan- I really liked Megan, but she didn't do well with this song. I agree that she should have done Adele's Chasing Pavements. It was better than last week's though. I think she was ready to leave.

8. Lil-I'm glad that she did a ballad this week, but i just don't get why the judges keep saying she's one of the best when she clearly isn't. Sure, she has a powerful voice, but she hasn't had a good performance since top 36.

7. Anoop- I actually didn't think it was that bad. What I'm really confused about is that in the beginning of the season, the judges were telling him to do faster songs, not ballads. Now they are telling him that he's better at ballads and shouldn't sings faster songs. What??????

6. Scott- His best performance "by a country mile," but I don't think he should stay much longer, like leave next week. He's only still here because people feel bad for him because he's blind. He doesn't have a great voice.

5. Matt- I think this is probably one of the most underrated performances i have ever seen, although i only started watching last year. the judges didn't even give him a chance! they just heard the song choice and immediately didn't like it so they talked through the whole performance, not paying attention. I thought it was great. so what if it was a little sound alike?

4. Allison- I also was really mad at the judges for this one. They hardly said anything about how good the performance was. All they talked about was her outfit, which i thought wasn't that bad. I liked her performance, although it wasn't as good as last week's. Can't believe she was in the bottom 3!

3. Adam- He is one of my favorite contestants this year. he has the most incredible range i have ever heard. I really liked his performance this week, but it wasn't as good as last week. Anyway, love Adam!

2. Kris- His best performance this season. I thought it was incredible. I had never heard the song before, so afterwards i listened to the original. I didn't even recognize it! He did such a great job this week. He is becoming one of my favorites.

1. Danny- He was so amazing, and he is my other favorite. This was definitely his best performance this season. I love that song, and he just made me love it al the more. he put so much emotion into it, i was almost crying by the end. He has had such a hard year, with his wife dying before his audition, and his grandfather dying last weekend. So all of you people saying he put too much emotion into it, which he did not, just give him a break!

I loved the impersonations! especially Anoop's and Kris's reaction! I was cracking up so hard the whole time!

Also, I loved David Cook at the results. It was so nice to see him on the idol stage again. oh, and i love his new video for Come back to me! much better the Light on.

One more thing about Megan: Everybody who thinks that Megan was being rude and immature at the results; she was having fun because she knew she was going home! Give her a break for ONCE! she wanted to go home because she wasn't serious about singing; her family forced her to audition, and she missed her son.

Edited on 04/05/2009 7:12pm

ebony_kunoichi

[59]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    I have no sympathy at all for Meagan. She missed her son? Well duh! she knew she was gonna be away from him if she continued on in the competition. Her family forced her to audition? What is she 4 and Jon Benet Ramsey? This isnt a kids pageant. She could have said no or just dropped out if it was too much for her. For her to not take it seriously is horrible when someone else could have been in her place that really wanted this opportunity. don't defend Megan ditzy nuts! You're better than that!

stellarchick86

[60]Apr 6, 2009
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    I have no sympathy at all for Meagan. She missed her son? Well duh! she knew she was gonna be away from him if she continued on in the competition. Her family forced her to audition? What is she 4 and Jon Benet Ramsey? This isnt a kids pageant. She could have said no or just dropped out if it was too much for her. For her to not take it seriously is horrible when someone else could have been in her place that really wanted this opportunity. don't defend Megan ditzy nuts! You're better than that!

Exactly! I feel the same exact way. Mishavonna essentially COULDVE been in that spot, who sings 10000x better.