American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For The Top 9 Perform & Results Show!!!

RyanSeacrest

[1]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 2 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KamakaLo

[2]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 22

LOL Earl yelling BOO to Simon through out the show was hilarious.

My favorites - In Order.

1. Casey ~ He is just getting so good week after week, wow! love him!

2. Lee ~ not my favorite of his but he's still good enough to be in 2nd.

3. Mike ~ I disagree with Simon. I liked him.

4. Siobhan ~ I really liked her but I miss the old her and her screams. she should just listen to herself and do what she wants.

5. Aaron ~ He's such a cutie. I thought he did good but I'm still waiting to be blowed away..

I was really surprised in Katie tonight. She didn't suck and her attitude wasn't bad so I'm sure maybe she'll stick around ? and poor Tim I guess since he got some sorta good comments he'll go next? lol He is not the worse Idol has had. And then theres Crystal yeah yeah surprise surprise the judges loved her she'll be safe.

Edited on 04/06/2010 7:19pm

Voo_Bopo

[3]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 9
    Aaron Kelly - 6/10
    Katie Stevens - 9/10
    Andrew Garcia - 6/10
    Michael Lynche - 7/10
    Crystal Bowersox - 9/10
    Tim Urban - 6/10
    Casey James - 9/10
    Siobhan Magnus - 9/10
    Lee DeWyze - 8/10

bellesister

[4]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 8

My favorite performances of the night are:

1. Casey James -- great...

2. Lee DeWyze -- I've always been a fan of Lee's

3. Crystal Bowersox.

haldrey

[5]Apr 7, 2010
    First episode where I like basically all of them. Maybe because I like all of the Beatles music. Hard one to vote on.

angeldeb82

[6]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 12
    Lee Dewyze, Casey James and Michael Lynche continue to close the gap on Crystal Bowersox.

Coming on Strong

RalphWiggumFan

[7]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 14

Wow, what a night!

1. Casey James - It actually almost put me in tears. That's NEVER happened before.
    2. Crystal Bowersox - Always a crowd pleaser, this girl never disappoints.
    3. Tim Urban - That was probably his best performance to date.
    4. Andrew Garcia - It was pretty good, IMO.
    5. Siobhan Magnus - It was good, but the whole performance seemed a little off-tone and awkward to me. I dunno, maybe it's my ears.
    6. Michael Lynche - Pretty good.
    7. Aaron Kelly - Not great, but it was better than the others.
    8. Lee DeWyze - Good until the bagpipes player stepped in - then I stopped taking the performance seriously.
    9. Katie Stevens - What was everyone else hearing? All I heard was wrong notes, and she practically did the same thing as Aaron. He gets blasted and she gets praised? What is that?

Hard to say who's going home tonight, because most of them were good and the ones that weren't either got the pimp spot (last) or were praised by the judges. I'll cautiously say Aaron Kelly.

taillow22

[8]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 11

1. Siobhan - My dearest Siobaby never ceases to amaze me with her pre-performance interviews, her costumes, and her performances...

2. Lee - This is based off of his PERFORMANCE, because the actual singing was waaay off. But, how did you not love/fear that performance?

3. Katie - All this time I've been predicting that Aaron will be the one who surprises us and gets far... now, it might be our dearest Katie!

4. Crystal - Like usual, she doesn't disappoint. Not my favorite performance from her, but she still sticks out in the crowd like a red thumb. Bonus points for "Danny Gokey babies" and the didgeridoo!

5. Casey - Sure, it was good, but everyone is saying he took a huge risk... what risk?! There are countless past contestants who did an acoustic performance like that...

6. Tim - I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually look forward to him the most out of everyone. I really hope he gets through another round xD

7. Aaron - There's now way he's avoiding the bottom 3 tonight I didn't think he was bad though, and I still really like him though. I hope he's not eliminated.

8. Mike - zOMG BEST PERFORMANCE IDOL HAS EVA SEEN LOL!!!!!!11111 Sorry Big Mike fans, but I just don't get him D;

9. Andrew - I know he's not leaving, but I can't help getting my hopes up...

Edited on 04/07/2010 12:33pm

charmed4eva112

[9]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 20
    1. Casey- He is really, really improving for me. I mean, seriously, for a couple of weeks in between, he started losing his swagger I fell in love with at the beginning, but he's really stepping it up. He's almost definately in the Top 3!

2. Lee- He was amazing, as usual. Terrific voice, terrific performance. The scottish player made me laugh though

3. Crystal- Do I really need to even say anything about her? Didn't disappoint

4. Katie- She surprised me the most. Go Katie! She is definately making it another week! Maybe she'll make it to the Top 6, maybe

5. Tim- He REALLY surprised me. Alright, so he wasn't the best, but he's improving and tonight proved to me why he made the Top 24. Not quite the top 12 yet, but top 24, even though technically he didn't the first time. But if he just sticks to playing the guitar, he might make it another week or two

6. Siobhan- It was a great performance; nothing show stopping but it was good. 7. Aaron- I have hope that he makes it another week. I mean, he'll probably be in the bottom 3, but he won't be eliminated. He does have the potential.

8. Mike- I dunno, he's not really standing out to me anymore. He's kind of died down for me. He needs to take a huge risk next week, because he's a little dull to me currently.

9. Andrew- I know, I know, he's starting to rise again, but I'm hoping he leaves soon. He's not American Idol material; stick to Youtube dude; you'll get more support that way.

Voo_Bopo

[10]Apr 7, 2010
    I remember me or someone else mentioning that either Aaron Kelly or Katie Stevens are going to wow us. Well, it turns out that Katie Stevens has done just that. It was indeed about song choice for her. I doubt she will make it to the top 5, but she will probably stick around for a few more weeks... But I do have a vague idea of what the top 5 will be for sure.

taillow22

[11]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 11

Charmed and I completely nailed the bottom. If only they switched Andrew and Mike, because they're going so save Mike :/

I typed this while Mike was performing... so let's see if I'm right!

KamakaLo

[12]Apr 7, 2010
    woohoo Mike was saved but I just hope the other good guys do their best from now on

Voo_Bopo

[13]Apr 7, 2010
    It's good that Michael Lynche was saved. He was a good choice to use it on. But now he has to prove himself, because it would be disappointing to save him tonight, only to have him eliminated next week.

And with there being two people eliminated, you can only wonder.

charmed4eva112

[14]Apr 7, 2010
    YEAH! THEY SAVED MIKE! Wow, I can't believe I figured out who the bottom three were... two of them I hoped would be. But Mike almost leaving? Wow... I can't believe that Tim didn't get in the bottom three, but I'm really surprised about Mike. He's such a crowd favourite... but he's still there and I'm glad because I do want him to go home, just not this early.

Voo_Bopo

[15]Apr 7, 2010
    I might say, before the episode started, I threw out three guesses. They were Aaron Kelly, Andrew Garcia, and Tim Urban. But once it was announced that there would be a shocker, I did consider Michael Lynche. He's not the favorite that he once was, but it's good that he's staying for now. He seems like "the man" of the group, the one that keeps everyone together, so I can only imagine how happy the contestants must be.

haldrey

[16]Apr 8, 2010
    Great and deserved save. Mike, use it wisely.

RalphWiggumFan

[17]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 14

Yikes, didn't see that coming. I'm glad Big Mike got saved, now maybe we can send the two teen wannabes home at once.

charmed4eva112

[18]Apr 8, 2010
    RalphWiggumFan wrote:

Yikes, didn't see that coming. I'm glad Big Mike got saved, now maybe we can send the two teen wannabes home at once.

My predictions for next week's going home? Tim and Andrew, if they do a terrible job. Or at least, I'm hoping it's them. If it's anyone else, I'll be shocked and angry.

Voo_Bopo

[19]Apr 8, 2010
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    My predictions for next week's going home? Tim and Andrew, if they do a terrible job. Or at least, I'm hoping it's them. If it's anyone else, I'll be shocked and angry.

It will probably be at least one of them.

angeldeb82

[20]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 12
    Well, I'm glad that Katie Stevens didn't land in the bottom three, but I'm still ticked off that Michael received the lowest votes, leaving the judges to use a Save on him! What's with all the Michael Lynche haters lately?! Anyway, here's a recap: Saving Big Mike