American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For Top 12 Girls Perform, Top 12 Guys Perform, & Results Sho

RyanSeacrest

[1]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 30
    Post anything to do with these 3 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeldeb82

[2]Feb 23, 2010
    • level: 12
    I think that when Ryan Seacrest said "Here are the numbers one more time" at the end, I noticed that the video seemed to be having technical difficulties, because the music was playing, but I couldn't hear the ladies sing, because no sound was coming from their mouths. I had to mute the whole "numbers" video. It was embarra$$ing!

wanda0742

[3]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 1
    i think we should to vote on the computer too , some people dont havecell phone.and i think they are mean to sam too. ryan is cute but gay thank

angeldeb82

[4]Feb 24, 2010
    Well, anyway, the top 12 females kick off the semifinals with cautious fashion.

Ladies' Night

ebony_kunoichi

[5]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 13
    this has to be the worst group of ladies ever. They were horrible. All out of tune and off key. Ellen added nothing too BTW.

taillow22

[6]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 11

This wasn't a good opening night..

I suppose the best thing to do at a time like this would be to rank them according to how much I liked them.

1. Lilly Scott - She's so different and I was really surprised at her.

2. Siobhan Magnus - I LOVED that performance! I can't be the only one who thinks she is similar to Allison Iraheta (quirky young teen), can I??

3. Didi Benami - I don't know what the judges are talking about... it was one of the few standouts of the night, shut up about not making a first impression.

4. Paige Miles - I just like this girl. PLUS I can actually remember her performance!

5. Katie Stevens - At least she was actually interesting.

6. Crystal Bowersox - Everyone says it was so amazing... it was better than most but it was far from the best.

7. Janell Wheeler - I was sorely dissapointed because I know this girl can be amazing.

8. Michelle Delamor - The reason I rank her low is because I remember she was very good, but I don't remember her performance...

9. Katelyn Epperly - Same as above, except I can't even remember what she looks like!

Now I think any of these people will be voted off...

10. Ashley Rodriguez - It's obvious she wants the diva spot, but can she please not be so predictable?

11. Haeley Vaughn - How I wish the judges had said no to give her more time to practice, because I really liked this girl...

12. Lacey Brown - Hardly knew ya.

Larexx

[7]Feb 24, 2010
    Wow, what a poor start to Season 9! I wasn't impressed by any of them! I joined the tv.com pool & picked Lacey Brown to win for the girls because she almost made it into the top 24 last season but they chose Megan Joy over her & she made it to the top 24 this year so she must be good, right?! Wrong! I didn't like her voice at all. I didn't like her song choice & I'm not even a fan of Fleetwood Mac so you can imagine what I thought of her interpretation of the song. Alot of the girls had that bluesy quality to their voices which I just don't like-Katelyn Epperly, Lacey Brown, Lilly Scott & worst of all, Didi Benami. Any of them can go! I guess the best last night were Michelle Delamor, Siobhan Magnus & Katie Stevens. But as of last night, none of them have what it takes to be the next American Idol. I sure hope the guys are much better tonight or we're in for a really bad season.

haldrey

[8]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 22
    Not a great start but at least it was watchable, unlike all the previous ones.

charley28

[9]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 66
    I couldn't agree with you more. I was sorely disappointed with the ladies last night. I mean they were so much better than this in the previous weeks...

I could only say that I really liked what Lilly's performance. Crystal, Didi, Siobhan, Janell & Lacey did good jobs. Most of the others were okay but I gotta say buh bye to Hayley & Ashley..

I'm just wondering what the guys are gonna be like.. I hope to hell that they do better than there counterparts...

Voo_Bopo

[10]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 9
    charley28 wrote:

I'm just wondering what the guys are gonna be like.. I hope to hell that they do better than there counterparts...

They most likely won't, because the guys are strangely lacking this year.

yaminion

[11]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 23
    i will say this right now. this week was so dreadful and you have to admit that taylor hicks and sanjaya would have put on a better show. they need an idol all stars season because they are gonna lose viewers if the show continues like this and if the show continues like this, i know for a fact this will be the worst season of idol ever.

Voo_Bopo

[12]Feb 24, 2010
    Until Casey, this episode was basically bad performance after bad performance. The girls this year are much better, and they aren't exactly fantastic either.

CJ42090

[13]Feb 24, 2010
    Tonight I realized why the judges were putting so much emphasis on the girls: the guys are abysmal! And that's saying something cause the girls weren't so good either... I pray that this group gets better or I might have to tune out early.
    Edited on 02/24/2010 9:15pm

taillow22

[14]Feb 25, 2010

1. Lee DeWyze - I strangley predicted somewhere in the back of my head that he would be a breakout contestant this year (along with Siobhan) and I think I'm right! For me, that performance was equivalent to Allison Iraheta's Alone or Kris Allen's Man in the Mirror, as in a contestant with no screen time delivers an awesome first performance (Yes, I'm still talking about Allison )

2. Casey James - What else is there to say that the judges didn't?

3. Tyler Grady - The only performance out of all 24 that I can clearly remember, without even having to look up the song title.

4. Aaron Kelly - He was obviously nevous but I love his voice.

5. Andrew Garcia - I'm a litle disapointed, but it was still good.

6. Joe Munoz - Curse me for I liked it!

7. Micheal Lynche - It was good, but can anyone really see him getting past eight place?

I think any of these guys are in danger tonight...

8. John Park - Meh...

9. Alex Lambert - I likehis voice but he just has no star quality.

10. Todrick Hall - Not a smart move taking a former Idol's song and singing it horribly, dude :/

11. Tim Urban - No, you are not good enough to sing a song like that.

-100. Jermaine Sellers - I remember screeching, booing, and my cat having a spaz attack.

haldrey

[15]Feb 25, 2010
    I was disappointed with girls until last night, compared to the guys they are bright stars. The guys all selected uneventful and somewhat flat songs, none took a risk. The only one deserving a mention was Casey James.

angeldeb82

[16]Feb 25, 2010
    Poor song choices make an underwhelming opening night for the top 12 men.

Ho Hum

Man, this is one truly messed-up MSN article, in that it keeps calling last night "Tuesday night" instead of "Wednesday night"! So annoying!

Voo_Bopo

[17]Feb 25, 2010
    Of the girls, so far the most impressive to me have been Lilly Scott and Crystal Bowersox. Of the guys, none have really been impressive, although I think Casey James was quite good.

KamakaLo

[18]Feb 25, 2010
    Sadly, no one has blown me away or even made me go wow yet. I sure hope it gets better than this.

Voo_Bopo

[19]Feb 25, 2010
    Eliminations were okay. I agree with 3/4 of them.

zdude52

[20]Feb 25, 2010
    • level: 6

Voo_Bopo wrote:
    Eliminations were okay. I agree with 3/4 of them.

Who was eliminated?