American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For Top 12 Guys, Top 12 Girls Perform & Results Show

RyanSeacrest

[1]Feb 28, 2012
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 3 episodes here & no where else in the forum

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Larexx

[2]Feb 29, 2012
    • level: 11

I thought the men started off the show well. My least favorites are some of the judges favorites. I don't like Reed Grimm. He's way to "quirky" for me. I don't really like Deandre & his falsetto. Sorry, but if I wanted to hear high notes I'd listen to Celine or wait for tonight's show when the ladies perform. Also not a big fan of Phillip Phillips. I'm not into that gravely sounding voice. Steven Tyler said he had his "growl on". I prefer singing! And seriously, who would name their child Phillip when your last name is Phillips?! We got to see his parents & his Dad is Phillip too so I guess the Grandparents are responsible for that nonsense!

I do like Eben Franckewitz even though his rendition of Adele's "Set Fire To The Rain" wasn't perfect. I also like Heejun Han although I'm still on the fence about his personality. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I don't! I was glad they brought back "gentle giant" Jermaine Jones & are giving him a 2nd chance. I thought his rendition of "Dance With My Father" was moving. I hope these 3 make it into the male top 10.

Nordan123

[3]Mar 2, 2012
    • level: 6

Larexx wrote:

I thought the men started off the show well. My least favorites are some of the judges favorites. I don't like Reed Grimm. He's way to "quirky" for me. I don't really like Deandre & his falsetto. Sorry, but if I wanted to hear high notes I'd listen to Celine or wait for tonight's show when the ladies perform. Also not a big fan of Phillip Phillips. I'm not into that gravely sounding voice. Steven Tyler said he had his "growl on". I prefer singing! And seriously, who would name their child Phillip when your last name is Phillips?! We got to see his parents & his Dad is Phillip too so I guess the Grandparents are responsible for that nonsense!

I do like Eben Franckewitz even though his rendition of Adele's "Set Fire To The Rain" wasn't perfect. I also like Heejun Han although I'm still on the fence about his personality. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I don't! I was glad they brought back "gentle giant" Jermaine Jones & are giving him a 2nd chance. I thought his rendition of "Dance With My Father" was moving. I hope these 3 make it into the male top 10.

I agree with most of this.

Wouldn't be surprised if Phillip had a sister called Phillipa and one called Phillipine...he's more a performer than a voice to me,same with Reed.I could see myself at a concert with them but not listening to their album,they're in that category for me.

All in all America picked a good top 10 I think.

Edited on 03/08/2012 3:11am

TreeHill_89

[4]Mar 4, 2012
    • level: 32
    I did like Reed but i can understand what you guys mean i would love to see him at a concert for his wildcard song he should of sang more, I think he would have gotten through because he was giving it all performance wise. And sorry to disagree but i love Philip!!!!! His great and i hope he does really well, I have few favourites this season I love Heejun I do think he can sing but he hasn't had that performance yet where it's wow!! and I think he is funny. Out of the girls I love Skylar, Shannon Jennifer!! Deandre still not sure about him yes he can sing, but i think some of the other guys were better than him. I do like the wildcard concept but I think that the public should decide and Judges should just pick the top 6 that they want to sing again
    Edited on 03/04/2012 12:50pm

Nordan123

[5]Mar 6, 2012
    • level: 6

TreeHill_89 wrote:
    I do like the wildcard concept but I think that the public should decide and Judges should just pick the top 6 that they want to sing again

Yes I also liked the concept but cutting 12 of 25 in one big sweep was way over the top for me,maybe it would have been better and more fair to do it over 3 nights losing 4 each time?