American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Official Thread For Top 8 Girls, Top 8 Guys Perform, & Results Show!!

RyanSeacrest

[1]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 30

Post anything to do with these 3 episodes here & no where else in the forum!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RalphWiggumFan

[2]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 14

What a night.

I liked:

Siobhan - I believe that she is the one to beat this season. I find her very unique.
    Crystal - Favourite of the night. Keep it up!
    Katelyn - Not sure what all the hate was about, I thought she did a great job.

Meh:

Lilly - Maybe it was because she followed Crystal, but overall it was a little disappointing for me.
    Didi - I'm just not really feeling it with her. At all. Adequate performance tonight, I guess.
    Katie - First of the night + mediocre performance spells doom. Goodbye.
    Lacey - Not sure what the judges were raving about here, it sounded like her performance of "Landslide", IMO.

I disliked:

Paige - How the mighty have fallen, it seems! She just slips further down every week.

Edited on 03/09/2010 6:15pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Edward_Nigma

[3]Mar 9, 2010
    • level: 54
    Anyone else think Lily Allen would be good for Lacey? Or Norah Jones maybe?

I love DiDi too, but all the way back from that one song she sung during Hollywood week -- she needs to step it up! I think Dido's "Here With Me" would be great for her voice, and a good song to bring people in instead of bore them!

Oh and Lilly could kill doing Marilyn Monroe's "I Wanna be Loved By You." Really weird...but so fits her voice somehow I think.

Also super-weird but I think Siobhan could pull off some Cher.

FCBarca

[4]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 15

RalphWiggumFan wrote:

What a night.

I liked:

Siobhan - I believe that she is the one to beat this season. I find her very unique.
    Crystal - Favourite of the night. Keep it up!
    Katelyn - Not sure what all the hate was about, I thought she did a great job.

Meh:

Lilly - Maybe it was because she followed Crystal, but overall it was a little disappointing for me.
    Didi - I'm just not really feeling it with her. At all. Adequate performance tonight, I guess.
    Katie - First of the night + mediocre performance spells doom. Goodbye.
    Lacey - Not sure what the judges were raving about here, it sounded like her performance of "Landslide", IMO.

I disliked:

Paige - How the mighty have fallen, it seems! She just slips further down every week.

Top for me were Crystal, Lilly, Didi & Siobhan - the women are better than the men right now

Bottom 3 were Paige, Katie & Katelyn - agree on the mighty falling as all 3 of these ladies seemed like frontrunners earlier

angeldeb82

[5]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 12
    Crystal Bowersox further distances herself from the rest of the competition.

Crystal Lights It Up Again

taillow22

[6]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 11

Continuing my world-renowned set of reviews...

1. Siobhan - Shut up Simon! Best of the night!

2. Didi - Welcome back girl! I think this was her best performance besides maybe 'Terrified'.

3. Crystal - Listen, I like her. I don't know why people say she's the best!

4. Lilly - Call me crazy, but I found this performance FUNNY... I know right?

5. Katelyn - Uh, I liked it?

Any of these girls are in danger...

6. Katie - Sucked the life out of the room

7. Lacey - This was my favorite performance of her's. Still can't stand that she survived the first two weeks.

8. Paige - Buh bye

haldrey

[7]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 22
    Agree completely with taillow22.

Larexx

[8]Mar 10, 2010

Katie Stevens was the worst of the night. I actually cringed on a few notes. Following close behind her was Paige Miles who made Smile a depressing song-go figure! Best of the night was Crystal Bowersox. Although she has horrible, brown, missing teeth & messy dreadlocks, she is by far the most naturally talented including the men. I could listen to one of her CD's as long as I didn't have to look at her! What a mess! Goodbye to Katie & Paige. Themen need to step it up tonight if they want to beat Crystal.

haldrey

[9]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 22
    Last night the guys delivered one of the better nights. I can almost assure that the following will be in the top twelve, of the rest Garcia I doubt that he will advance and the remaining anything can happen.

Those advancing in my opinion are:
    Michael Lynche - best performance of the night
    Tim Urban - second best
    Todrick Hall
    Aaron Kelly

angeldeb82

[10]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 12
    Michael "Big Mike" Lynche jumps in the lead of an ever-changing pack.

Game Change

P.S. Again with the MSN blog always calling last night "Tuesday night" instead of "Wednesday night"! Why does it always fall victim to the guys night and confuse the dates again?!

Larexx

[11]Mar 11, 2010

None of the guys wowed me last night until the last man to sing, Michael Lynche! I thought he was the best performer & voice from both girls & guys nights. His performance didn't bring me to tears like it did to Kara though. I didn't get that! Simon thought his performance was the best of all the live shows so far this season. That is saying alot. I tried to call in votes for Michael & found that the local lines were so overwhelmed with calls that they were "out of order"! I guess Michael is safe tonight! I think Alex Lambert is a safe bet to go tonight. I'm not sure who the 2nd guy leaving will be. Andrew Garcia was 1 of my early favorites but he keeps choosing women's songs, which I think is weird, and he just hasn't had good performances. I think Todrick Hall has a better chance of getting the boot tonight. I didn't like his version of Somebody to Love & he got mixed reviews from the judges so I think he should be #2 to go. We'll see!

taillow22

[12]Mar 11, 2010

You guys will find that my rankings get more and more biased as the season goes on... so don't get mad when that happens (if it already hasn't xD )

1. Fat Mike - Ugh, as much as I don't like him...

2. Lee - It wasn't the best vocal, but it's one of the ones I remember clear as day!

3. Casey - I remember I really liked it, but I can't remember the actual performance.

4. Tim - o.0

5. Aaron - I liked it! A lot of people predict he will be voted off though.

6. Alex - I remember it... but for the wrong reasons. I hope that 'Everybody Knows' won't be his only good performance.

7. Todrick - Mike was an exception. I can't stand Todrick and it wasn't as standout as Mike's was. So low rank.

8. Andrew - Seemed like a copy of Straight Up... After this, it's confirmed he's a one trick pony. Will he be the 'shock' elimination?

I didn't say who I think will be eliminated because I honestly don't know. I want it to be Todrick and Andrew. Dialidol says Todrick and... Lee :'(

dianemartin111

[13]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 1

Ryan

HELP US PLEASE ..... Kara DioGuardi must be stopped now she is ruining our viewing here in Bonnie Scotland. We love the show and thousands of us watch it every Wednesday and Thursday night loyally for years but this series is driving us mad ........ why does she have to sit next to Simon please put Ellen their ........ Kara flirts with him, pouts at him constantly making us all sick to our stomachs, and sits so close she looks like she is rubbing on him all the time. This series is going to loose a lot of viewers unless she is moved to the other end where Randy sits as it is becoming increasingly worse week by week ......... please RYAN for your viewers move her move her. I,m gonna give it one more week as are thousands of others then we are gone no more viewing unless she is moved.

A very serious and annoyed fan of Idol. Diane from Scotland. (Love you by the way your great) .... my favourite this year is hmmmm not decided yet xx

Voo_Bopo

[14]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 9

Lead Female: Crystal Bowersox
    Lead Male: Michael Lynche

Female's Average: 8/10
    Male's Average: 7/10

Edited on 03/11/2010 6:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Voo_Bopo

[15]Mar 11, 2010
    I am quite disappointed that Lilly Scott went home. She wasn't one of the weaker ones, although I'll admit I was always slightly unsure of her chances.

charmed4eva112

[16]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 20
    Just watched the episode. Here's who got eliminated and my thoughts:

Katelyn: thought she wasn't that bad, not as bad as Paige at least. I was sad to see her go. I guess I was just hoping Paige would leave, but maybe Paige will step it up.

Todrick: Well, he went out with a bang at least. I was happy to see him go. He was the one I predicted wouldn't make it, but his last performance was his last resort. Too bad it didn't work.

Alex: Ok, so I must admit, when Ryan called Andrew's name instead of Alex's, I cried. Yes, I cried. Alex was simply amazing. He had- has the most unique voice out of the guys, and I am really, really going to miss him. Andrew was alright, but I think it's only because of his popularity that he got through. I know I'm being harsh, but I LOVED Alex.

Lilly: Again, I do not agree with the voter's choice of female to go. I liked Lilly and thought she deserved to make it. But I guess the fans/voters didn't agree. Overall, kind of disappointing group that got eliminated. Three out of four I definately did not agree with, but that's only my opinion. Thinking about the last two eliminations still make me very, very sad.

taillow22

[17]Mar 11, 2010

The night began with a rather strange choice of song, seeing as I had just listened to/downloaded the song half an hour prior and predicted someone on Idol would cover it...

It continued with the shock elimination of Katelyn, easily one of the top 4 girls. Paige, meanwhile, gets through. Thankfully, Toddrick was eliminated next, proving America wasn't insane yet.

Matt and Scott's performance was awesome. I started to think it would be a good show.

But then went Alex. I have a few choice words to say about this... but I will not.

And the night topped off with Lilly leaving us and Sourpuss continuing on in the competition.

These results were fail D:< There are about 5 or 6 contestants left who I don't have a personal problem with. How sad.

nothatsabsurd

[18]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 5

Wow. Katie over Lilly? I'll admit, I liked Katie, I voted for Katie, but I didn't think Lilly had anything to worry about. I'm shocked! And I think it's obvious they were too. Couldn't believe Katelyn went over Lacey. She's one of the weaker ones, though Katelyn had a bad night last night. I'm glad Paige went through and I hope she steps it back up. I didn't know why (up until this week) why they hated on her so much. I thought her performance of Walk Away was great, but Smile was not the right song for her. As for the guys, I really hope Andrew steps it back up. I LOVE him and he's got a lot of potential. I was surprised Alex went home, but not so much for Todrick. Top 12 should be interesting overall. I think Lacey, Katie, Andrew, Paige, and Didi will really need to step it up (though this week Didi was the only one other than Crystal who didn't bore me).

Voo_Bopo

[19]Mar 11, 2010
    I honestly think they should have stopped this whole "two guys and two girls" deal by now. Lilly Scott may have been one of the weaker girls, however there are guys in the top twelve that aren't too great, and don't deserve to be there more than Lilly Scott.

charmed4eva112

[20]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 20
    God, America possibly made the worst choices tonight. Alex was incredible, Lilly definately deserved to stay, and Paige was actually worse than Katelyn. Why, America,why? They should have gotten rid of the two guys/two girls for the Top 12. If they did, they would have made better choices for the Top 12. I'm sorry, but...wow, I'm still in shock over the list that left...