American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Official Thread For Top 8 Girls, Top 8 Guys Perform, & Results Show!!

TvCrazy

[21]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 10
    I'm extremely upset with the results. I thought this starting to become a great season, but now my hope is gone apart from like a few of the Top 12.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeldeb82

[22]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 12
    I thought I was sure that Katie would be eliminated, for sure. It's another miracle she survived again!

CJ42090

[23]Mar 11, 2010

Incredibly disappointed with the results tonight. INCREDIBLY.

Lilly > Katie

Katelyn > Paige

Alex > Tim

The whole guys vs girls system doesn't work.

TvCrazy

[24]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 10
    Completely agree. I never understood why they felt the need to have an equal number of each gender. Its a talent competition, and this does not give equal opportunity for talent.

Edward_Nigma

[25]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 54
    UGH does anyone else think it's really annoying that every single time Seacrest did results for this year's Top 24, no one got eliminated until there were only two people left waiting (like if he told the top row of 4 guys to stand up -- the first two whose name he called were safe). It left no suspense! We knew that duh, if you call his/her name and they're not one of the last two standing...they're safe!

He better change it up as we get to the Top 12...cuz I know in the past it was more of a surprise, not always the last 2 people standing.

KamakaLo

[26]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 22
    I just began trying to get into this season so I watched what I missed on the Idol site. I started to get my picks so I watched this week and I thought for sure Lilly and and Alex would make it but nooooooo and now my need to watch is sorta gone.

I do like a couple other girls and guys but I'm not sure its enough to watch. Very upset with the results. Lilly and Alex stood out to me ugh!

buffyangel4evr_

[27]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 20

I'm actually disappointed to see Alex go. He was the most improved guy in the past three weeks. IMO Tim should have left. Todrick, no surprise even though he had his best performance to date. I really wasn't a fan.

What is Paige still doing on? I would take Lilly over her any day of the week. I wasn't the biggest fan of Katelyn,not surprised to see her go, but I thought it would have been Katie. Maybe now Katie will kick it into high gear and figure out who she is and establish her own stlye.

On another note, I completely agree with Simon the other ight when he said stop confusing the contestants. It seems that this season the judges are too quick to hand out advice (sometimes bad or conflicting) than in the past. It's becoming detremental. Case in point, poor Katie. She takes the judges advice and then they slam her for it when it backfires. Hopefully she takes this opportunity to start off on a clean slate.

Matt and Scott had a great performance. I wasn't a huge fan of the group performance. Haven't Met You Yet is one my favorite songs and no one can beat Michael Buble.

Pet_Petra

[28]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 17

WOW!! This is really ridiculous. Alex and Lily really deserved to be in the top 12. Why the #@!!%^&%$$ is that Tim Urban still on the show? Ellen keeps saying how adorable he is... HE'S NOT. Plus he can't sing. Lily going home was also a big shocker.

I'm really scared to watch this season because I totally love Lee Dewyze. But seeing as the weaker singers in my opinion keep getting voted through I won't be surprised when he gets eliminated next week. That would be such a shame. America, get your act together and vote for the ones that deserve to go through.

Ugh, the results tonight were horrible.

And Scott McIntyre... still creepy. I loved Matt Giraud though

Just one more thing: Ryan Seacrest was very annoying this week, I don't know what his problem was. Simon on the other hand was actually kinda nice, I liked it.

Okay, rant over

makemeapologise

[29]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 9
    Paige and Katie GO! NOWWWW!

Wish the producers would introduce a twist and have a wildcard show so Lilly and Alex can come back.

angeldeb82

[30]Mar 12, 2010
    Well, here's the recap: Really?!?

Mr_Ozzy

[31]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 35

America... what is WRONG with you??

I am so mad after just watching the results. In my opinion 3 of the 4 who went home shouldn't have at this stage of the game.
    My picks for home would have been four out of: Todric, Tim, Aidan, Paige, Lacey, Didi.

Alex Lambert was my favorite of the guys, and even though I like Andrew Garcia (who was my early favorite b4 the live shows) when it was between them, I hoped so bad he would go home over Alex.
    So MAD!!

If it wasn't for Crystal I'd probably stop watching the rest of this season....

Edited on 03/12/2010 11:39am

Voo_Bopo

[32]Mar 12, 2010
    I actually believe the right guys were eliminated. I only disagree with Lilly Scott going home.

TygrHawk

[33]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 2

Gotta remember, at this point, everyone is really talented, so it's a shame no matter who goes home. I was satisfied with the results last night. Lily was the only one I'd question, but I think Katie will do just fine if she stops listening to the judges telling her she "sounds too old" -- that's just the way her voice sounds, and it sounds great when she doesn't try to change it like she did this week.

I gotta say though, what happened to Aaron this week? And what did everyone else hear in his performance that I missed? He's been my favorite of the guys since the beginning, but I thought he was awful this week -- bad case of the nerves or something. I couldn't even recognize the song at the beginning, sounded pretty good in the middle, but then fell apart again toward the end. But, everyone else seemed to think he sounded pretty good for the most part, so maybe it's just me?

As for the girls, it's consistently been Crystal and Siobhan, and to a lesser extent Didi and Lacey. The guys really haven't been very consistent at all. It will be interesting to hear them all attempt the Rolling Stones next week.

BiniBeans

[34]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 21
    Well, Crystal amd Mike were definitely the best female and male performers respectively so great they are in. Big Mike really convinced me with his last two performances. Before I thought he seemed like a really great guy but did not feel like a real contender. He still seems like a terrfic guy but now I think he actually has a shot at it and at least will make a career out of it in some way.

But Tim Urban with his way of opening his eyes in such apparent fake surprise everytime he somehow succeeds where more talented guys do not. Not all that cute to me.

And Lily getting kicked off when Katie continues? Not cool man. I thought Katie was gone for sure and was actually surprised when the judges didnt call her on her off notes. Well, I can only say I'll be on the lookout for any recordings by Lily.

And a quick note about Scott and Matt. I thought their performance varied between fun and amateurish with Scott having a tendency of going over the top vocally and Matt as before trying to appear too cool.

Voo_Bopo

[35]Mar 12, 2010
    I'm not saying Katie Stevens is or is not better than Lilly Scott. In fact, in general I try not to make a point at all. I just believe that the "two guys and two girls" idea should have stopped by now. Hopefully it will since there aren't many people left.

From the looks of things, I expect Crystal Bowersox and [most likely] Michael Lynche to get quite far. I'll try not to pin point who I believe will be in the top five yet. Maybe I will after a few weeks.

TreeHill_89

[36]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 32
    I just watched the results now and came straight here to vent! WTF?! Lily and Alex not it the top 12! I thought that they would both do really well . I think that Lily should of stayed over Lacey and Alex or Tim or Aaron I liked the beginning half of the top 12 but the final 2 results spolied it
    Edited on 03/12/2010 3:13pm

RalphWiggumFan

[37]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 14

Mr_Ozzy wrote:
    My picks for home would have been four out of: Todric, Tim, Aidan, Paige, Lacey, Didi.

Who is Aidan?

Anyway, I was very shocked/disappointed to see Lilly Scott go. The others... meh. Though I would have preferred Katelyn over Paige in the Top 12.

angeldeb82

[38]Mar 12, 2010
    RalphWiggumFan wrote:

Mr_Ozzy wrote:

Who is Aidan?

Anyway, I was very shocked/disappointed to see Lilly Scott go. The others... meh. Though I would have preferred Katelyn over Paige in the Top 12.

That's not Aidan. That's Adam. They just misspelled his name, that's all.

charmed4eva112

[39]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 20
    angeldeb82 wrote:
    RalphWiggumFan wrote:

Mr_Ozzy wrote:

Who is Aidan?

But there's no Adam this season. Are you sure they're not referring to Aaron? Or Alex?

angeldeb82

[40]Mar 13, 2010
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    angeldeb82 wrote:
    RalphWiggumFan wrote:

Mr_Ozzy wrote:

Who is Aidan?

But there's no Adam this season. Are you sure they're not referring to Aaron? Or Alex?

Sorry! I meant Alex.