American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Rings Of Fire

heroesfan07

[21]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 21
    alirk wrote:

One word: scary

Haha totally agree it was like a scene from a really bad horror movie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jazy0221

[22]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    i hated it. but this weeks was good. almost too good

SludgeVohaul

[23]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    I think the show Supernatural should contact Adam about performing his version of Rings of Fire while Sam & Dean are excorsing a demon. It would fit perfectly!

I'm a huge Adam fan, which doesn't mean I ever want to hear his version of this song again, but at least his making huge splashes in the water. Love it or hate it, this song will not be forgotten and I think in the long run will help him go far in the competition.

imthemediagirl

[24]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    I think it SHOULD sound like country since it was country week or whatever just like next week is motown week but if you make the song too much like the original the judges would say you werent make the song your own and comparing it to the original and bla bla. So thats why even though they may sing a song under the coutnry category they dont make it that way. I dont really think its that far. If you have a contestant who already sings country like Carrie Underwood and then someone like Adam, people are going to gravitate more to whats different and pick him vs the person whos already singing country to begin with. Thats why I think they should just pick a week and if it falls into what you want to do already than great and if not then you better study and hope you get through till next week and hope its your theme then. It has nothing to do with those who made the songs their own like Adam specifically, I just think thats what they should do. If its country week, make it sound country. If I was in the contest I would know offhand they are going to make me sing these different categories to see how I do and see different tones/ranges of my voice and Id feel like I was cheating if I made it sound different. I dont know I cant explain. Maybe thats just me though.

but what if they never call your chosen category? some people would get an unfair chance at their element. besides, if a person that already sings country does amazingly at country week, theyll be just as good as someone who did amazingly flipping it around. the problem is if they sing their OWN genre badly, theyll be more critized than someone that tried to change it, but thats kind of their fault cause they SHOULD know what to do.

sunnystarz

[25]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 1
    it was a country week.. he didn't do country ... he was lucky he wasn't cut loose.. its obvious the judges havent heard this version before, but it was done by this supposedly another reality singer from the show "the rock star"?...heck just wiki the songs you'll see

sunnystarz

[26]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 1
    the song was about love. love = fire, back when johnny cash sang it, but it have different meaning now that many many singers have cover it

heroesfan07

[27]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 21
    WOW this week was such an improvement he was amazing another good week and he will become a fave of mine first he has to undo those first two bad ones lol.