American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Scott - why is he still on the show?

sylent_asassin

[21]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 26
    gchata wrote:

oh me too. God forbid that we not hurt the blind man's feelings! i am so disappointed in simon this year! he should know better than letting mediocore talent in because a sad story. scott's going to be the obama in this competition.

The Obama of the competition? So the state of American Idol is so screwed up that the producers will allow Scott to win the competition? Sure...

This was the only week that I actually found Scott's performance tolerable. Vocally, it still wasn't strong enough but it might be enough to pull in some more sympathy votes to keep him on the show for at least another week; especially considering Paula and Simon's theatrics on Scott using the Piano as a crutch. That act alone probably bought Scott a few thousand votes.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amaryllis88

[22]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 20
    The piano is like his walking stick, if I could use it, hell why not, use the durn thing! He can most definitely play the piano, so he should use it to his advantage. I know, I'm not a fan of Scott, but he seems to be in the tour, and he's done an alright job stickin' with the competition even though it's harder for him than the others. This means they're going to have to tailor their musical numbers around his disability, poor guy.

diable666

[23]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 2
    Scott is still in there because he puts emotions in his songs. When he performed Mandolin rain, i told my wife, he doesn't have a great voice , but i feel what he is singing. We see to many great voice with no connection with the song that they are singing (Carly Smithson comes to mind). He won't win, there is a lot of talented people on the show, but i enjoy his soft and emotional take on songs. So i would vote for him, if i vote,lol.

EdgeOfThorns316

[24]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 8
    I still say they need to chuck that mofo a pair of aviaters or something.

imthemediagirl

[25]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 12
    QUOTE="gchata"]

oh me too. God forbid that we not hurt the blind man's feelings! i am so disappointed in simon this year! he should know better than letting mediocore talent in because a sad story. scott's going to be the obama in this competition.

[/QUOTE]

let's not get into politics!

EdgeOfThorns316 wrote:
    I still say they need to chuck that mofo a pair of aviaters or something.

LMAO i was thinking that! albeit less funnily than you. but what i say is if he REALLY wants to stay in this competition, get the stevie wonder look on and you will be GOLD.

stellarchick86

[26]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 32
    His smile actually kinda creeps me out more than the eyes do....Im going to hell.

Pet_Petra

[27]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 17

stellarchick86 wrote:
    His smile actually kinda creeps me out more than the eyes do....Im going to hell.

You're totally right!! He looks creepy to me too, I don't like looking at him.

heroesfan07

[28]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 21
    I know me too he's not that great he reminds me of Mika for some reason.He is really kamp aswell is he gay

90210rox

[29]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 14

You know, I loved him in "Mandolin Rain", but his performances so far since then have been lacking. I think his voice shakes too much, he doesn't have good control of his voice, that's the main problem for me. I hope he picks it up in Motown, or else if he doesn't, he should finally be in the bottom 3 this week. In my opinion, he should've been in the bottom 3 last week instead of *Allison*. He really needs to pick it up, because he's got a good voice, he just hasn't done well in his last two performances.

I pretty much agree with all of you (only I'm a little nicer in saying it ). Come on, the man's blind.

tbys1980

[30]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 15
    I find this topic very offensive. I am in a wheelchair due to Cerebral Palsy. I love to sing and would love to try out for American Idol. But are you saying that because I am in a wheelchair that I can't be good enough to win and would only be chosen due to sympathy. A blind or any type of disabled person should be able to sing and not get on a show due to sympathy. I don't think American Idol would do a thing like that. I think that Scott is very talented. I don't think he'll win, but he deserves to make it far.

stellarchick86

[32]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 32
    tbys1980 wrote:
    A blind or any type of disabled person should be able to sing and not get on a show due to sympathy

Ive totally been saying that since day 1. The original poster is the one saying "this competition isnt one for a blind guy" and I rebuttled it saying it shouldnt matter, its the voice behind it. I just dont think Scott should still be in this competition still because he doesnt have the best voice not because he is or isnt blind. Ive been saying that about Megan, Michael and others as well. I think that OTHERS may be voting for him because of that feeling sympathy for him but I just look at his voice which doesnt say 'star' to me. I just said his smiling kinda creeps me out and I felt bad for that not because of him being blind but just a person. I say if you want to try out for AI regardless of your situation, go for it!

Pet_Petra

[33]Mar 23, 2009
    No one is saying no blind people or disabled people should be on Idol. I just think that this particular blind guy is not fantastic and I think he's gotten this far because of sympathy votes. They're are lots of disabled people that can sing and be stars, for me Scott just isn't that great

sylent_asassin

[34]Mar 23, 2009
    tbys1980 wrote:
    I find this topic very offensive. I am in a wheelchair due to Cerebral Palsy. I love to sing and would love to try out for American Idol. But are you saying that because I am in a wheelchair that I can't be good enough to win and would only be chosen due to sympathy. A blind or any type of disabled person should be able to sing and not get on a show due to sympathy. I don't think American Idol would do a thing like that. I think that Scott is very talented. I don't think he'll win, but he deserves to make it far.

That's not at all what anyone is saying... or at least what I said. I'll reiterate. His disability is not why he's not good enough to win. It's his vocals. I think Scott at his peak is a DECENT vocalist and a fantastic pianist. Unfortunately, this isn't Musical Instrument Idol. His vocals aren't good enough to win this competition and the sympathy vote, not his vocal talent is what's keeping him in the competition. He seems like a really nice guy and all, but let's face it. All of his songs were safe choices that didn't blow anyone away. He IS talented, but vocally, he's not good enough to make it to the finals... at least that's how I see it.

taillow22

[35]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    He's not as bad as everyone is saying. I think that he deserved to make it this far. He probably won't last much longer, but I think he earned a spot on tour.

sylent_asassin

[36]Mar 23, 2009
    taillow22 wrote:
    He's not as bad as everyone is saying. I think that he deserved to make it this far. He probably won't last much longer, but I think he earned a spot on tour.

He's not bad by any stretch, but vocally, he's amongst the weakest in the competition. Still, he's a nice guy and I like to see good things happen to good people so it's all gravy. I would just hate to see someone more deserving (like Alexis) get axed because Scott is receiving sympathy votes... and I know. Alexis' performance was brutal. Still, she has more potential than just about half the remaining contestants.

ebony_kunoichi

[37]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 13

Sylent, you need to man up and don't be such a wuss! I dont care if the person is "good" people or not. If your curly headed A** cant sing then get off the show. I don't care if he is handicap or what. This is a singing competition and people should find it insulting that people would vote FOR him because he is blind. He should be judged like any other non-hanicapped person and not want to garner pity votes. No handicapped person I know whats to be pitied. This is a competition and not a charity show, sheesh.

sylent_asassin

[38]Mar 24, 2009
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

Sylent, you need to man up and don't be such a wuss! I dont care if the person is "good" people or not. If your curly headed A** cant sing then get off the show. I don't care if he is handicap or what. This is a singing competition and people should find it insulting that people would vote FOR him because he is blind. He should be judged like any other non-hanicapped person and not want to garner pity votes. No handicapped person I know whats to be pitied. This is a competition and not a charity show, sheesh.

Me? A wuss? He's not bad, he's just not great and the show is about the cream of the crop which CLEARLY Scott is NOT. The fact remains that Scott is receiving sympathy votes... aw crap! Darn photobucket!

Pet_Petra

[39]Mar 27, 2009

People have got to stop voting for him, please.

In a way he's this year's Sanjaya...

Dulcinea1978

[40]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 13
    Oh my god please tell me why people are voting for this guy? How can Matt have less votes than him?? That is just so wrong, Scott may be one of the nicest guys in the competition but come on, it's time to get serious now and that version of Can't hurry love was just torture.