American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Season 8 Allison Iraheta

numbr1alli

[61]May 23, 2009
    • level: 3

I have to say that if Allison had been white, she would have gathered more votes. Her vocals would have gotten her as far as fourth, and the votes the win. ALLISON SHOULD HAVE WON. DARN IT. I love you Allison!!! So much. Americans dont get the picture whole. This girl CAN FRIGGIN SING! And any stage sale or act comes with the person, if they so chose to do so. Allison is the best.

I LOVE YOU ALLISON. YOU ARE THE BEST, AND SHOULD HAVE WON.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bjbler2396

[62]May 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    numbr1alli wrote:

I have to say that if Allison had been white, she would have gathered more votes. Her vocals would have gotten her as far as fourth, and the votes the win. ALLISON SHOULD HAVE WON. DARN IT. I love you Allison!!! So much. Americans dont get the picture whole. This girl CAN FRIGGIN SING! And any stage sale or act comes with the person, if they so chose to do so. Allison is the best.

I LOVE YOU ALLISON. YOU ARE THE BEST, AND SHOULD HAVE WON.

I LOVE Allison too and totally think she deserved to win as well. However, I don't think it was because she was hispanic, but partially because she was a female. The "typical" A.I. voter is a pre- teen girl, who vote for the "hottest" and "cutest" guys. I think this actually contributed to Kris Allen's win in part. I think for these next upcoming seasons of idol, sadly, female contestants will struggle as the pre- teen girl voting crowd grows. So, I wouldn't blame race at all for her early departure, but rather her gender (which is a massive shame!).
    -BJ

stellarchick86

[63]May 28, 2009
    • level: 32
    Bjbler2396 wrote:

I LOVE Allison too and totally think she deserved to win as well. However, I don't think it was because she was hispanic, but partially because she was a female. The "typical" A.I. voter is a pre- teen girl, who vote for the "hottest" and "cutest" guys. I think this actually contributed to Kris Allen's win in part. I think for these next upcoming seasons of idol, sadly, female contestants will struggle as the pre- teen girl voting crowd grows. So, I wouldn't blame race at all for her early departure, but rather her gender (which is a massive shame!).
    -BJ

Exactly!! Thank you. I hate when people pull the race card out. There are plenty of non-white people who have won and plenty of white people who havent won so it all just depends on the person and just how many votes they happen to get. People look way too much into this stuff.

numbr1alli

[64]Jun 13, 2009
    ALLISONNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU !!!, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE BEST.

numbr1alli

[65]Jun 13, 2009
    IT was too obvious for me, and friends and people I know, that if Allison had been white, she would have gathered more votes, and likely to the top two. Look beyond your own narrow path of thinking, and see what others blog at other POST-YOUR-MIND-FREELY media-sites too know that many who watch AI, are race and gender bias. It's High School Musical basics, not Phy 101. I agree with the pre-teens votes for the cute or whatever guy also. But all things come into play. Race and gender held Allison from winning AI. In the real world of Marketting, Allison would/will do great, bcause her talent-her amazing and powerful vocals-will be what people will hear and listen to. Example(to both race and talent)is Xtina Aguilera, who stands on her own with her totally amazing vocals:she sells, but there isn't that many Latino greats out here in N. America. Example. Fact. Case study. Period.

stellarchick86

[66]Jun 13, 2009
    numbr1alli wrote:
    if Allison had been white, she would have gathered more votes, and likely to the top two. Look beyond your own narrow path of thinking, and see what others blog at other POST-YOUR-MIND-FREELY media-sites too know that many who watch AI, are race and gender bias. It's High School Musical basics, not Phy 101.

I hate when people pull out the race card for everything that goes wrong when it has nothing to do with the situation. Yes, Allisons gender has alot to do with it because teen girls vote and they vote for the cute guys, I will certainly agree with that, but I certainly dont think her nationality had a lot to do with it. Jordin Sparks was latina (or whatever) and she won one year, and Allison didnt even look all that latina to me. In fact I usually forgot she wasnt white until someone pointed it out to me because she just looks tan to me and Ive seen a lot of girls who look like her who were white (Ive said here on the board before that she reminds me a little bit of Brittany Murphy by her action and a little by her face). Not to mention, there are AI winners who were not white. Kelly, Carrie, David Cook, & Taylor Hicks were white but Fantasia, Rubin, and Jordin were not. So only 1 more white person won than a non-white person, not including this years winner. It also has to do with the type of music thats popular out now. Slow/acoustic/Jason Mraz/John Mayer and emo type music are really popular which is why people like Adam and Kris got high up because they sing that type of music where as when R&B was a little bit more popular, thats why Latisha Jones, Melinda Doolittle and Jordin Sparks were all in the top 4 during s6. So, yes, people can vote for a black president with no problem and be ok with a female latina supreme court justice but when it comes to their AI winner they MUST be white because its just THAT important!
    Edited on 06/13/2009 8:29pm

Bjbler2396

[67]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 21
    ALLISON NEWS: She has just been signed with Jive Records three days ago, and will be releasing her debut album this Fall!!!!!!!!! YAY ALLISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: http://www.americanidol.com/news/view/pid/1756

-BJ

kikimarie593

[68]Jun 14, 2009
    • level: 27
    Bjbler2396 wrote:
    ALLISON NEWS: She has just been signed with Jive Records three days ago, and will be releasing her debut album this Fall!!!!!!!!! YAY ALLISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-BJ

That's great news! I can't wait for her album to come out!

taillow22

[69]Jun 15, 2009
    • level: 11
    Kris, Adam, and Allison in the fall... the 3 stars from this season

stellarchick86

[70]Jun 16, 2009
    Bjbler2396 wrote:

-BJ

That is great news! I will be first in line to buy! Thanks for the info, BJ!