American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Simon Cowell leaving

ILoveDemi4ever

[1]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 11

How much do you think the shows ratings will decline after Simon's departure? And how many audience/viewers do you think American Idol will lose after Simon leaves?

Edited on 03/04/2010 8:30pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Aussieh

[2]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 5
    I think only 1-2% really watches because they want to see Simon..
    Alot of people are interested in what he has to say but I doubt they will leave the show for that reason.

He seems to gone soft the last 2-3 years , replacing him with someone whos as harsh as Simon was in his first years will do the show good and I expect an increase in ratings.

Nobody misses Paula, few will miss Simon.

Fuhgeddabouditt

[3]Apr 1, 2010
    • level: 2

it will drop a lot. Simon made Idol, really. When you think of it, in the beginning, people only tuned in to see what rude comment Simon will spit out. They still do to this day and he makes the auditions more watchable. Once he leaves, you will only have one good judge, this is saying a lot, and that is Randy. With Kara, she seems too stuck up and absorbed in her own success to be there or even care and usually goes for the looks of an individual instead of vocal talent. Ellen, cant say much because shes only been there for a few but from what i've seen so far, shes cool.

RalphWiggumFan

[4]Apr 2, 2010
    • level: 14

The guy's username above me sums up what I will think of the show once Simon Cowell leaves.