American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Simon Leaving Idol for X Factor

SPDShadowRanger

[1]Jan 11, 2010
    • level: 72
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100111/..._tv_fox_cowell

According to articles posted by the Associated Press and The Times, Simon Cowell will be leaving American Idol following the conclusion of Season 9 this upcoming May. The reason being is that he plans to launch a U.S. version of the The X Factor in the U.S. either Fall 2010 or Fall 2011.

There are rumors that Paula Abdul and Cheryl Cole could be judges on the U.S. version, but no reliable sources back those up.

What are your thoughts on all of this? Too me it seems rather pointless since the shows are very similar.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angeldeb82

[2]Jan 11, 2010
    • level: 12
    You beat me to it. Anyway, it will be sad to see him go.

taillow22

[3]Jan 11, 2010
    • level: 11
    Shovel in its hand, Idol has dug itself a hole. I really hope it doesn't end after this, but the chances are high. I will be watching X Factor US though

jenjen64

[4]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 1

Found a good example of the X-Factor from the Uk, if the singers are like this it could be a good show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j7c4HNX3TU

From what ive seen of his youtube videos and the comments, hes now an ambassador for Autism.

Edited on 01/12/2010 11:09am
    Edited 2 total times.

ebony_kunoichi

[5]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 13
    i wont watch without simon. Ellen annoys me and no Paula??? Oh the humanity!

simpsonian100

[6]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 12
    This shall be my last season watching this show. After that, I will watch X-Factor. Poor Randy. He lost Paula and now he'll lose Simon.

stellarchick86

[7]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 32
    What is X-Factor? Basically another AI? Anyway, Im still not sure if I will watch without him. Probably not. AI has run its course and going downhill a bit (I think anyway), I mean it has been 9 years its not like they are just starting out. So I may give his new show a chance then instead. I say they just end it after this season. You cant have AI without Simon!

TreeHill_89

[8]Jan 25, 2010
    • level: 32
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    What is X-Factor? Basically another AI? Anyway, Im still not sure if I will watch without him. Probably not. AI has run its course and going downhill a bit (I think anyway), I mean it has been 9 years its not like they are just starting out. So I may give his new show a chance then instead. I say they just end it after this season. You cant have AI without Simon!

basically yeah! lol the only difference is that each judge mentors a category ( over 25, the groups, girls and boys). This depends on how many judges are going to be on the us version. On offence to any Cheryl Cole fans, but i don't want her to be in the US version Why does Simon have to leave Al. I much prefer AI to x factor

Antique22

[10]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 11

I have heard about Howard Stern replacing Simon Cowell on American Idol from Mom and to me what I see what will happen if Howard Stern replaces Simon Cowell it will cause American Idol's ratings to go down and why I think Howard Stern wants to replace Simon Cowell is because he planned a secret deal with FOX to host a talk show but the deal fell through and so replacing Simon Cowell on American Idol was the only chance he could get. If Howard Stern is indeed chosen to replace Simon Cowell on American Idol I can see FOX canceling American Idol after Season 10 is finished because of low ratings due to Howard Stern. As for Simon Cowell's new role as judge on the new American version of X Factor the only reason he wants to bring X Factor to America is because he is hoping to have another successful show that's sure to make him just as successful as American Idol did by making him a household name,

Tiki

EdgeOfThorns316

[11]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 8
    ^ holy cow...or holy cowell i should say, what a wall of text!

Peggy_Porcupine

[12]Feb 11, 2010
    • level: 13

You know, I think that Neil Patrick Harris will be a great replacement for Simon. Why? The small bit between him and Ryan showed him as very supportive of the type of critiques that Simon gives - realistic.

Howard Stern - We'll have the American Idol logo over his mouth so often that maybe it should be glued on him...

~Peggy Bendell

aka Peggy from Porcupine

Edited on 02/11/2010 8:15pm
    Edited 2 total times.