American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

So whos not on the Danny Wagon?

ebony_kunoichi

[41]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 13
    kikimarie593 wrote:

myintermail wrote:
    My goodness, we only got a break of Danny dealing with death for one week. Now he's back though not about his dead wife, but singing a song about a woman died in a car crash. His performance wasn't great this week. Really Paula? Carrie would BUY Danny's album? For what? As paperweights?

Okay first of all, Jesus Take The Wheel is not a song about death or a woman dying in a car crash. Did you even listen to the lyrics? And I agree that Carrie wouldn't buy Danny's album, but I think she would have liked his performance.

this is too funny! Jesus take the wheel and drive Danny off a cliff! oh im sooooo bad.....

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EdgeOfThorns316

[42]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 8
    Danny is a snoozer.

ebony_kunoichi

[43]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 13

I like Danny's voice, but his image is horrible. American Idol yes, singing star umm...I dont know. His voice is very mainstream so pop/rock music would be his forte. He is wholesome enough to get all the haus fraus, but to me Adam is more marketable regarding his look and is versatile. Wth that said, I still don't like his voice for a singing competition and find nothing amazing about it at all. If they put some good songs to it maybe.

I just hope Danny doesnt become the next Taylor Hicks. Screw you voters for making him AI! You know who you are!

24Ashan24

[44]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 6

this is too funny! Jesus take the wheel and drive Danny off a cliff! oh im sooooo bad.....

[/QUOTE]

Ah ha ha I second that. I don't understand why he always picks these girly songs?

wodonnell102992

[45]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 11
    I can't stand Danny. During "Jesus Takes the Wheel" I felt no emotion from him, it was just a very arrogant performance.

all4dogs

[46]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 6
    Jury is still out on Danny. He's good, but not the best.

amaryllis88

[47]Mar 19, 2009
    • level: 20
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    I'm not on the danny wagon, but I'm certainly trotting next to it. I love his voice, but he dont hav any swagger. He is kinda dorky and I dont like his glasses, yuck! I find him kinda cute in an art museum sorta way or maybe like a horny lost puppy

This is going to sound uber funny, but as I was reading the other people's comments, I kept thinking to myself, "Well, I'm not on his wagon per se, I'm more like on the side of his wagon," and here I come and read your post, and it's nice to see a fellow poster who thinks like I do.
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    I should start muting the tv when Paula starts critiquing as she rarely says anything of substance.

I actually look forward to what Paula says, more for entertainment purposes than anything else, because not only does she "critique" them, she gives them fashion advice as well. And who can forget her lovely word screw ups, like: "authentic," "authenticity," and "honesty." lol

Bjbler2396

[48]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 21

Personally, I am not on the Danny Wagon and will never be on it. First off, I don't think he is all that amazing. I would pick a lot of people over him to sing a song, including Adam, Allison, Kris, Matt, Lil, every past AI winner (besides Taylor and Fantasia) and his friend Jamar. Secondly, his songs that he is picking are all starting to sound corny and the same. These past two weeks he has not been very good at all, and his song choices haven't helped. Thirdly, he is starting to get a little arrogant. I SOOO think he thinks he is way better than he is. Even this week I noticed it as Simon told him that that his performance was "clumsy", Danny totally looked away as if what Simon was saying was just some BS. Fourthly, (I'm making up words I think) I can't stand the judges (besides Simon) and many voters who have already declared him the winner too. GIVE ME A BREAK! I LOVE this show and it would take me alot to stop watching. But, I considered it when Taylor Hicks won, and I probably would again if Danny won. I can't blame him for the praise, but I just can't stand the fact that all he has to do is take two steps onto the stage and everyone wants to kiss the floor he is walking on without him doing anything. He is starting to remind me of Archie from last year because of it. No matter what, good or bad performance, Danny will always get praise from at least 3/4 of the judges. Fifthly (finally too), Kara is even the one who mentions artistry, but Danny is severely lacking in that department. I find him very ordinary and I don't see anything special. I don't see him as an artist, but more so as just a singer. BTW, there is a difference. I don't mean to rant, but I just can't stand the fact that people think he has won before its even over. I just get that vibe of if he wins it will be a huge mistake. Ruben, Fantasia, and Taylor's careers have never done anything after they have won, and I just feel like Danny would fit in with them.

-BJ

sunnystarz

[49]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 1
    matt giraud is very similar but better than danny gokey! danny comes out almost too cocky at time, he's been anointed early on the show for front runner, and i think he have decline ever since...

imthemediagirl

[50]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 12
    i think danny actually does have artistry, unlike people who sing songs just to try and make it technically good. he really connects into it and gives it his own flavor. i think he tells the story better than a lot of people that the judges say connect to the audience but i just dont get it.

ShyXena

[51]Apr 2, 2009
    I didn't read the other posts but I have to say that I do NOT like Danny. It's gross to see him every week with snot in his nose or too much saliva in his mouth. I don't even know what's special about him and why everyone likes him and Matt Giroud so much. Lil' Rounds and Adam Lambert are my favs.

simpsonian100

[52]Apr 2, 2009

Danny is a solid singer who only got my vote during group 1 week. No, I don't do sympathy votes. I think he's the fourth best singer in top 9, behind Matt, Allison, and Adam, who is out of everyone else's league with his amazing performances!

fr95

[53]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 3
    I like both Danny and Adam. I'll be completely shocked if either of them get voted off any time soon. http://tvmoviesmusiclife.blogspot.com/

Monarch117

[54]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    ShyXena wrote:
    I didn't read the other posts but I have to say that I do NOT like Danny. It's gross to see him every week with snot in his nose or too much saliva in his mouth. I don't even know what's special about him and why everyone likes him and Matt Giroud so much. Lil' Rounds and Adam Lambert are my favs.

Lil is the most overrated person on the show. Just edging out Danny.

ShyXena

[55]Apr 5, 2009

Monarch117 wrote:
    ShyXena wrote:
    Lil is the most overrated person on the show. Just edging out Danny.

Danny's the most overrated, ugh. Second is Matt G.

Edited on 04/05/2009 7:06am

JAKandDAX123

[56]Apr 5, 2009
    he pimped his dead wife for sympathy votes. i cant stand him.