American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Theme for this week ep?

90210rox

[21]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 14

Actually, even Carrie is a member of the Grand Ole Opry. We'll probably be hearing a Carrie song tomorrow night, or maybe not.

In case anybody wants to know, here are the members of the Grand Ole Opry. I think these are all of them:

Tracey Adkins
    Bill Anderson
    Ernie Ashworth
    Dierks Bentley
    Clint Black
    Garth Brooks
    Jim Ed Brown
    Roy Clark
    Terri Clark
    John Conlee
    Wilma Lee Cooper
    Charlie Daniels
    Diamond Rio
    Jimmy Dickens
    Joe Diffie
    Gatlin Brothers
    Vince Gill
    Billy Grammer
    Jack Greene
    Tom T. Hall
    George Hamilton IV
    Emmylou Harris
    Jan Howard
    Alan Jackson
    Stonewall Jackson
    George Jones
    Hal Ketchum
    Alison Krauss
    Hank Locklin
    Charlie Louvin
    Patty Loveless
    Loretta Lynn
    Barbara Mandrell
    Martina McBride
    Del McCoury
    Mel McDaniel
    Reba McEntire
    Jesse McReynolds
    Ronnie Milsap
    Craig Morgan
    Lorrie Morgan
    Jimmy C. Newman
    Osborne Brothers
    Brad Paisley
    Dolly Parton
    Stu Phillips
    Ray Pillow
    Charley Pride
    Jeanne Pruett
    Riders In The Sky,
    Jeannie Seely
    Ricky Van Shelton
    Jean Shepard
    Ricky Skaggs
    Connie Smith
    Mike Snider
    Ralph Stanley
    Marty Stuart
    Mel Tillis
    Pam Tillis
    Randy Travis
    Travis Tritt
    Josh Turner
    Carrie Underwood
    Steve Wariner
    The Whites
    Trisha Yearwood

No Taylor Swift this week, kids. I imagine some Martina and Trisha, at least. Randy Travis will be the mentor, and I just heard that Brad Paisley will be performing, along with Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis performing together. I don't really think this will be that bad of a week. Just no Dolly Parton, please.

Edited on 03/16/2009 12:48pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[22]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 32
    Alright so I was confused as to whats considered what so I went on their website. I guess they made it more modern on who can be accepted because they had a part on the website about idols that have sang on the stage and Kellie Pickler, Phil Stacy, Bucky Covington, Kristy Lee Cook, Josh Gracin(who?) and of course Carrie Underwood have all sang there I guess. I couldnt find songlist spoilers I guess Im just lame and cant find it and dont really have the time to look at the moment (lol) but I get the impression that they are just trying to promote past Idols being on the stage and it doesnt really matter whos going to sing what as long as its considered country, it can be someone like Dolly or more like Carrie or someone more modern. I did find a spoiler on what the theme is for next week though:
    ***SPOILER***

90210rox

[23]Mar 16, 2009

stellarchick86 wrote:

***SPOILER***

What? What is Idol DOING this year?

stantonyse

[24]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 2

i wish there is punk rock on idol xD But yeah.."Family" show :S

imthemediagirl

[25]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 12
    stantonyse wrote:

i wish there is punk rock on idol

agreed! lets write a petition lol

90210rox

[26]Mar 21, 2009
    They should have at least one rock week this year. They had one last year, why not this year, eh?

myintermail

[27]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 7
    Last year's rock week is just not "rock" at all. It's the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame week. I didn't enjoy it at all, cause David Archuleta, Syesha and even David Cook! decided to veer off the genre and pick pop/soul/whatever artists that are inducted into the hall of fame.

Okay maybe you can count the 2 weeks of Beatles as the rock weeks. Even though I like the songs from the Beatles, too much of a good thing is just too much.

I want an INDIE night (Rufus Wainwright, Adele, the Weepies, Franz Ferdinand etc.). Of course that would not happen.

Motown? (Well it isn't really a spoiler since Ryan announce it during the results) Expect Lil has a "comeback" performance, Adam doing something weird (that I would end up liking it, maybe), Danny all mourning and "soulful" and Megan doing her weird dancing.

Not looking forward to the next show.

stellarchick86

[28]Mar 21, 2009
    ^^I think the indie week sounds really cool especailly since I love the bands you mentioned (mainly FF and I dont really know what Adelle sings but I hear shes cool) and it would be something different. I get sick of having the same thing every year: MJ week, country week, motown week, Billboard top 40 week, The Beatles week, etc. I mean I love TB as much as the next guy and Im sure they will have a week of them but do I really want to hear Megan butcher 'Help' or 'Strawberry Fields Forever'? Not so much.

amaryllis88

[29]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 20
    Last year was more focused on mentors, but this year it's all about the themes, is that correct? So, from each "theme" they pick a person to help/coach the contestants? Do they have somebody in mind for MoTown? I'm curious about MoTown week...especially to hear the vocalists' renditions of songs.

taillow22

[30]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 11
    Anyone know what the week after this is? Please, make it... not drab...!

90210rox

[31]Mar 23, 2009

amaryllis88 wrote:
    Last year was more focused on mentors, but this year it's all about the themes, is that correct? So, from each "theme" they pick a person to help/coach the contestants? Do they have somebody in mind for MoTown? I'm curious about MoTown week...especially to hear the vocalists' renditions of songs.

The mentors are the founder of Motown (Berry something, forget his name) and Smokey Robinson. The contestants went to Detroit last Thursday to meet up with the mentors.

Monarch117

[32]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 2
    I'd like to see an Aerosmith week. It's not like I'm a huge fan of them, but I think it could work and is realistic in terms of the producers thinking it could work (I mean, Aerosmith have their own special Guitar Hero game, I doubt they'd be opposed to pimping themselves out to Idol). Plus it could be the "kina-sorta-not-quite Rock week" for this season.

Also, it would be a gift to Adam. Which is fair, country and motown are hardly his kinda thing.

amaryllis88

[33]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 20
    90210rox wrote:
    The mentors are the founder of Motown (Berry something, forget his name) and Smokey Robinson. The contestants went to Detroit last Thursday to meet up with the mentors.

Thanks for your answer! And on a side note: In case anybody missed it, I think Jay Leno has clips from his shows online, or you can even watch his entire show online, but last night, the 23rd, he had on Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, & Ryan Seacrest on his couch, at the same time. Which was actually kinda funny and interesting to listen to.

PropsToRyan

[34]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 3
    they shuld sing some of those thar classics liek "ya aint nothan but a hownd dawg"

sylent_asassin

[35]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 26
    90210rox wrote:

Berry Gordy. They should throw everyone for a loop and have a Metal (aka Trainwreck) week. It would be funny to watch everyone struggle.

I'm only looking forward to seeing what the contestants wear, Megan Joy in particular. In addition, I want to see how much skin she's revealing. I'd wager that no matter how dreadful her vocals are, the judges will say, "You made that song your own and put your own little 'Megan' spin on it" and tell someone else "You destroyed the arrangement."

stellarchick86

[36]Mar 25, 2009
    sylent_asassin wrote:
    In addition, I want to see how much skin she's revealing.

Ugh, gross. Just pick yourself up a Playboy or something and at least then you wont have to sit through her dreadful vocals lol

sylent_asassin wrote:
    I'd wager that no matter how dreadful her vocals are, the judges will say, "You made that song your own and put your own little 'Megan' spin on it" and tell someone else "You destroyed the arrangement."

Now I totally agree with this!

sylent_asassin

[37]Mar 25, 2009
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Ugh, gross. Just pick yourself up a Playboy or something and at least then you wont have to sit through her dreadful vocals lol

You don't think she's attractive?

I think she's pretty cute in a Marsha Brady sort of way. She should sing "Bright Sunshiny Day." Too bad her singing and dancing are horrendous. I just want to see how much flesh she reveals. Not a fan of her tattoos though. When I see tats on a female, I see this:

Edited on 03/25/2009 9:34am

ebony_kunoichi

[38]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 13

I'm looking forward to Motown week, but the song choice that they have is vast, but somehow each year they keep picking the same lame a** songs. There are plenty of Motown music that isnt just all old R&B or soul. The Motown Catalog has plenty of indie and rock stuff too. I wish I knew what they had to pick from. And OMG I did not read some call the music legend Berry Gordy, Berry something? Sheesh, I'm not a music dork by any means, I actually hate music. I dont even listen to the radio, but I would have to sell my soul to the devil if I didnt know who the legends of music are. Its like not knowing who Elvis, aretha, carl pickens, buddy holly, or the funk brothers are. The 50-70's were the peak of musical creativity. Every modern rap, country, rock, metal etc has borrowed, stolen, or copied from this era. I'm 32 and knew about great music when i was a child. From the temptations and the platters to Led Zepplin and black sabbath. Please dont take my comments wrong, i'm just givin the youngsters on here heck, my tongue is firmly in my cheek O.k. i'm off my soap box now!

Sylent you are perv Meagan is NOT my type, she kinda has square jaw man face. Also, blondes are not my thing really. I prefer my chicks with a bit more edge to them and not so perky sweet. I'm not gay or anything. There nothing, nothing wrong with tattoos. I have some and I'm gonna get my tongue pierced this summer. So there!

sylent_asassin

[39]Mar 25, 2009
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:

Sylent you are perv Meagan is NOT my type, she kinda has square jaw man face. Also, blondes are not my thing really. I prefer my chicks with a bit more edge to them and not so perky sweet. I'm not gay or anything. There nothing, nothing wrong with tattoos. I have some and I'm gonna get my tongue pierced this summer. So there!

"Hold it! HOLD IT! HOOOOLD IT!!!" (Fred Flinstone) I'm a perv because I find Megan attractive? Why? She's cute. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give her a solid 7 and certainly wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers. That said, I'm typically not into blondes. My lust is with petite brunettes with dimples that have the girl-next-door look to them. I thought Antonella Barba was one of the prettiest girls ever on AI, but that's just me... and I didn't say there was anything WRONG with tattoos. Being an old-fashioned soul, they just don't do anything for me. I would rather see smooth, bare flesh than an ink job. I view a woman's body as a temple and tats are graffiti and tagging, but again. That's just me.

Now apologize to my Megan for saying she has a square-jawed man face.

ebony_kunoichi

[40]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 13

Antonella Barba? that root? She has man face too and a big pointy nose, I think. Or am I thinking of someone else? hmmm... I cant think of any really hot guys on AI. There was that Chris richardson(?) guy that was on the same season as Jorbacca the hut. Last year all the chicks were crazy over David C. and gaspy the great. David C is a bit too scruffy for me. I like emo rockers or real pretty boys. Gaspy was just annoying and pitiful, like a wet suckling puppy. The hottest guy to ever grace the small screen in a long time would be Ben Browder, oooh lord, but I digress...

Hopefully for motown week we will see some nice wardrobe and good song choices.