American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Theme for this week ep?

sylent_asassin

[41]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 26
    Oh, ebony. The way you speak of AI contestants, you must be the picture of perfection. Please PM me a photo. You don't remember the beauty that is Antonella? Well, allow me to refresh your memory...

Madre de Dios! The things I would do to that woman... She had a horrible attitude and a mediocre voice (like Almond Joy), but was very pleasing to ogle and drool at... and Jordin actually lost weight and looks pretty good.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stellarchick86

[42]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 32
    Antotella..wasnt she the one who got in trouble or some crap for a nude photo that surfaced in a fountain or something? No wonder why you like her. And you say youre not a perv.

amaryllis88

[43]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 20
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    Hopefully for motown week we will see some nice wardrobe and good song choices
    That certainly fell flat didn't it? Matt did look like Mr. Rogers, Scott looked like he just came out of an antique roadshow, Almond Joy looked like a rejected Skittle...and who could forget Kris' prison guard uniform Just a few honorable mentions.
    Edited on 03/26/2009 10:47am

imthemediagirl

[44]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    ebony_kunoichi wrote:
    Hopefully for motown week we will see some nice wardrobe and good song choices
    That certainly fell flat didn't it? Matt did look like Mr. Rogers, Scott looked like he just came out of an antique roadshow, Almond Joy looked like a rejected Skittle...and who could forget Kris' prison guard uniform Just a few honorable mentions.

also, anoop wore a baseball jacket over a sweater over a shirt to croon "ooh, baby, baby"... and came off looking a little warm. lmao

sylent_asassin

[45]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 26
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    Antotella..wasnt she the one who got in trouble or some crap for a nude photo that surfaced in a fountain or something? No wonder why you like her. And you say youre not a perv.

Heh heh. Technically, there were some photos of Antonella that surfaced where she was shown performing acts of an *ahem* oral nature on someone else. That's not the reason I found her attractive though. I just happen to think she's super-gorgeous. I also think Kat McPhee and Syesha Mercado are very attractive. Does that make me a pervert?

myintermail

[46]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    Oy, please guys, stay on topic. I personally don't care about Atonella and I don't even miss her.

Next week is Itunes Top 100. Geez the title is ridiculous by itself. Why don't they name it 2000s songs? Since Ipod is around this decade.

Would be nice to hear some current songs (hopefully there are NO repeats from previous seasons) and also there is potential for some major train wrecks (Megan, Scott)

amaryllis88

[47]Mar 27, 2009
    Here's a re-cap kinda article, but it also mentions next week's slated American Idol performer along with the musical guest:
    Next Week's Performers

If you don't want to read the whole thing, the performers are listed at the very bottom of the article.

90210rox

[48]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 14

Well, SOR-RY if I couldn't remember Berry Gordy's last name. It escaped my memory for a second, is that so wrong? Sheesh!

Anyway, I have to say that next week's theme is crap. If they mean the current Top 100 on iTunes, it is. If they mean of all time, then that could be OK. Someone clear that up for me? Current Top 100 or of all time?

David Cook and Lady GaGa performing in the same show? Yay for the first, nay for the second. Can't wait to hear Cookie, I've been waiting for him to perform all season!

imthemediagirl

[49]Mar 27, 2009
    myintermail wrote:

Next week is Itunes Top 100.

really? that actually really excites me! because theres so few song choices and theyre all going to be VERY relevant, which is something idol hasnt been so good at accomplishing in the past. i cant wait to see what will be sung.

so im on itunes right now and i wanna hear:

maybe "gives you hell" from kris allen, if he does "come on, get higher" i may throw up
    can totally see someone doing "im yours"
    "you found me" or "1,2,3,4"
    please no taylor swift
    "mad" by ne-yo for lil?? no, actually "single ladies". NO, "CHASING PAVEMENTS"
    "lucky"!! DANNY
    "gotta be somebody"
    it would ROCK to see allison do "untouched" and adam do "use somebody"- ohh i think i might swoon for that lol. actually if he did "lollipop" by framing hanley it would be sweet, but no way on a family show.
    "bad girlfriend"

stellarchick86

[50]Mar 29, 2009
    Yikes..Im not sure about next weeks theme so..I guess Ill just have to see it to believe it lol. I bet out of anyone who will be busting out with Lady Gaga it will be Megan.

Butterflyagirl

[51]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 8
    I think that the theme could bring some great performances. I can't wait to see what songs they choose.

I love the performances they are going to have. I adore David Cook and I love Lady Gaga's music.
    Edited on 03/29/2009 9:43am

OrSoIThought

[52]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 11
    Well, at least this week Adam won't have to weird anything out so he'll be able to sing it. I liked seeing him look different last week. Even if it did look like a tornado couldn't shake that do up.

dool_girl

[53]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 27
    lol it seems im the odd one out that I actually like this next weeks theme! I think top 100 could be interesting IMO

Bjbler2396

[54]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 21

Honestly, I really don't think this is a good theme. I have a feeling there will be very copycat performances snd such. Another bad thing is even though there is absolutely some great music out there in today's world, the top 100 songs are sometimes TERRIBLE because they are heavy on rap or pop crap (Hannah Montana, Britney Spears, Jo Bros, and even some of Taylor Swift's stuff, even though she is country). There is potential for a good week because not every top 100 song is bad, but sooo many can be that I really worry things could go bad.

-BJ

stantonyse

[55]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 2
    Is it Itunes top 100 downloads of all time or just current?

stellarchick86

[56]Mar 30, 2009
    Bjbler2396 wrote:

Honestly, I really don't think this is a good theme. I have a feeling there will be very copycat performances snd such. Another bad thing is even though there is absolutely some great music out there in today's world, the top 100 songs are sometimes TERRIBLE because they are heavy on rap or pop crap (Hannah Montana, Britney Spears, Jo Bros, and even some of Taylor Swift's stuff, even though she is country). There is potential for a good week because not every top 100 song is bad, but sooo many can be that I really worry things could go bad.

-BJ

Thats exactly why Im afraid for this one too. I just cant see some of these songs being made into their own which will make copycat performances and the songs arent that great to begin with.
    stantonyse wrote:
    Is it Itunes top 100 downloads of all time or just current?

I got the impression it was current BUT then wouldnt it just be like Billboard top 40? And didnt we already have that week? So this is going to be weird.

amaryllis88

[57]Mar 31, 2009
    I'm not sure where to put this article, but I found it a good read for anybody who wonders what it's like to be in the audience while AI is filming. I think it's surprising what we see on screen as opposed to what really happens behind the cameras. What You Don't See On Camera

imthemediagirl

[58]Mar 31, 2009
    i was very disappointed that it was all-time itunes top 100, although matt did my pick of "you found me". in my opinion they just keep getting worse as the categories get broader, because they have too MANY conflicting choices. they need to go old-school, back-to-basics, and do such a limited category that the contestants have to make do. they'll sing something, and they'll LIKE IT lol.

myintermail

[59]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    Is it "Top Downloads" this week? I refuse to believe that some of the songs are actually downloaded by tons of people. It sounds more like "Any kind of music ever recorded".

Man this week was bad, worse than both Grand Ole Opry and Motown combined.

stellarchick86

[60]Apr 1, 2009
    myintermail wrote:
    Is it "Top Downloads" this week? I refuse to believe that some of the songs are actually downloaded by tons of people. It sounds more like "Any kind of music ever recorded".

It sounds more like one more way to pimp out itunes, since its a sponsor Im assuming because of this and the "you can download this on ituness.." after every performance from Ryan, sort of like the Coca Cola redroom.

Whats the next weeks theme, does anyone know?