American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXIn Season

Theme for this week ep?

sylent_asassin

[61]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 26
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    I'm not sure where to put this article, but I found it a good read for anybody who wonders what it's like to be in the audience while AI is filming. I think it's surprising what we see on screen as opposed to what really happens behind the cameras. What You Don't See On Camera

None of that surprises me. AI is a controlled environment. I'd even go further by saying they probably request a younger demographic for the audience because they're prone to cheer louder for the contestants.

Paula and Kara not speaking doesn't surprise me in the slightest. They're both pretty women that crave attention and the spotlight. I'd be willing to bet that they each feel threatened by the other's presence.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

matia_arana

[62]Apr 1, 2009
    • level: 2
    Popular iTunes Downloads and next week Year They Were Born

ebony_kunoichi

[63]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 13
    I tunes week was sorry and it was just pick whatever song you like week. I have heard that Idol producers pick the songs for the contestants or give them a choice of 4 or 5. That would explain horrible song choices and stuff. I've always thought it was a bit fishy. Next weeks theme should be good. Sylent, you're a prev!

paperlugi

[64]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 4

I'm liking the idea of "Year they were born" week.

Allison is the only one who will be singing songs of the 1990s (92), I have a feeling she'll be doing something like Nirvana or the Cure.

Adam is 1982, I hope he does 867-5309 or I Ran!!

Kris has 85, great year. Wake me up befroe you go-go...enough said

imthemediagirl

[65]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 12
    i'm excited for allison's because i was born the same year as her!! please no whitney houston, but i'd LOVE perhaps "nightswimming" by r.e.m.! fan since i was a kid.

myintermail

[66]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 7
    Well it is pretty much 1980s except for Allison it's 1992. According to mjs blog, We'll expect a lot of songs from 1985 (3 of the top 8 born at 1985).

Really hope for less wonky song choices in that week.

amaryllis88

[67]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 20
    Billy Joel had some good songs during that era, wonder if Scott will put one of those to a piano, yet again. When did "we didn't start the fire," come out? I'm sure it was early 80s. I'm hoping for some good R.E.M. songs, some Clash perhaps, something to bring me back to my good ole 80s. Maybe some songs from The Breakfast Club, or any John Hughes' movie.

stellarchick86

[68]Apr 4, 2009
    • level: 32
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    Maybe some songs from The Breakfast Club, or any John Hughes' movie.

Didnt Michael Johns sing "Dont You Forget About Me" during that week or am I thinking of something else? I love that song and TBC. Actually I just love 80s music in general, even the cheesy synthesizer keyboard pop stuff lol. So Im excited for this week.
    Edited on 04/04/2009 7:10pm

myintermail

[69]Apr 8, 2009
    Anyone knows what's next week theme is? Some rumors say Disney theme last week. It is pushed to this week.

If it is Disney... then this week will be utter cheesy. But hey, some of the songs are pretty okay FWIW. I can't imagine Allison doing something from any Disney movies. Adam, Kris and Matt maybe, Danny? Ugh.

As always Lil will disappoint. A predictable season, isn't it?

stellarchick86

[70]Apr 8, 2009

Oh jeez I really hope its not a Disney week. That would just be a trainwreck on so many levels.

If I had to just guess, Id say its probably a week devoted to 1 band or artist, like The Beatles or something, because they havent done that since MJ and theyve had 3-4 since then of just one type of music rather than 1 type of artist. And they usually do a Beatles week every year. But Im sure Im wrong because like I said its just a guess and Id think they wouldve said by now if it was for such huge artists.

90210rox

[71]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 14

ULTIMATE CHEESE! *thud*

Say it ain't so. Please.

taillow22

[72]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 11
    Wait... DISNEY WEEK? I'm not saying that I hate Disney, most of the music is tolerable, some even good, but... I don't think any contestant would pull off a great performance. Adam would probably surprise us again, though.

90210rox

[73]Apr 9, 2009
    Forget about Disney, guys. The theme is Song from the Cinema. Songs from movies, which I think is a stupid idea for a theme, actually. A big vague; WHICH movies? Just movies in general? Well, that is a vast list. It'll pretty much be 'sing whatever you want' week, then.

Butterflyagirl

[74]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 8
    I think it's a good theme. There are some very good soundtracks out there. I prefer songs from movies to disney songs.

stellarchick86

[75]Apr 9, 2009
    Yeah I can deal with songs from movies as long as it isnt Disney or Broadway/musicals week. Im sure someone will try to sing 'I will Always Love You' from 'The Bodyguard' (maybe Lil will? She should she pretty much has the voice) since one person does it, it seems each year. Thanks for the info 90210rox.

buffyangel4evr_

[76]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 20
    Movie soundtracks, that's a pretty good theme. When you think about it, there have been some really great songs featured in the movies. If i hear someone sing "I Will Always Love You" again, I'll probably pour acid in my ears. Used to like it, heard a billion million times, now I can't stomach it. Lil will probably sing it. Can we say, time to go home? I just can't see her making it current in any way.

Butterflyagirl

[77]Apr 9, 2009
    • level: 8
    I think Lil shouldn't sing "I will always love you" because it has been sung in the show like a million times. She needs to do something really good and current to win votes.

90210rox

[78]Apr 9, 2009
    OK, I guess it is a pretty good theme after hearing lots of good song suggestions from another site, but oh well. The song "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse comes to mind for Adam, although I'm going to stop trying to predict songs for him because every time I do, he goes in a completely different direction. lol Wonder what Allison's going to sing.
    Edited on 04/09/2009 8:12pm

stellarchick86

[79]Apr 9, 2009
    Butterflyagirl wrote:
    I think Lil shouldn't sing "I will always love you" because it has been sung in the show like a million times. She needs to do something really good and current to win votes.

I do agree its pretty boring but right now Lil needs something to show off her voice, and what better than Whitney Houston, instead of singing like Fantasia Barrino or imitating Tina Turner. I just figured its a good song to show your talent, its from a movie and it seems every time someone sings that song the audience loves it. If she sings something more uptempo (i.e. "Heat Wave") it just isnt as good so she needs something slow that will be good for her otherwise she will be gone.

myintermail

[80]Apr 10, 2009
    Thanks for the actual theme announcement 90210rox.

Still Disney soundtracks still count right? Hope nobody does it. Lil should NEVER touch "I will always love you" (Bodyguard), She sang a line in Hollywood week and it wasn't impressive. I have no idea what the rest would do though.

May I ask which movie featured "Supermassive Black Hole", 90210rox? I would love Adam to do it. Otherwise I would pick for Adam "Deeper Underground" by Jamiroquai (Godzilla).

Kris can sing something from "Across the Universe", there were so many songs that are from the Beatles that are rearranged to suit his voice.

I would love Allison to sing "Keep Holding On" (Eragon) by Avril Lavigne.