American Idol Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOXBetween Seasons

Voting Poll: Should Matt have been saved?

Should Matt have been saved?

Bjbler2396

[1]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 21

I know that this will be discussed in the episode thread, but I thought it would make an interesting poll. Personally, I'm sort of torn on saving Matt. He deserved to survive this week, especially against Lil. However, this now endangers TWO people next week. Though Lil and Anoop are talked highly about going next week, I worry there will be a shocker vote. That would suck with no save. Plus, I sort of side with Simon that Matt doesn't have a chance at winning. I can see final 4 or so at most, but when it comes down to it, I see Adam, Danny, Allison, and Kris all ahead of him. Thoughts?

-BJ

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

imthemediagirl

[2]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    well, if they had to save someone, let's face it: the bottom 3 in the last 3 weeks the save is viable would consist for the most part of anoop, lil, and whoever's unlucky enough to get in with them. the third person obviously deserves to last longer. i personally predicted we would go without it, even with matt up there. but if they had to save someone, it wasnt gonna be lil or anoop. plus, now they BOTH get to go home next week! heck yeah for killing two birds with one stone!!!

stellarchick86

[3]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 32
    I think Matt should be saved yes because I believe he should get a second chance and all that stuff BUT I feel like whats the point because it seems now that those 3 are always in the bottom 3 except for a shocker like Allison being in it or something. I just felt like if it was Allison, Kris, even Adam happening to be in there they should totally be saved but Matts sort of like the male Lil in the sense that he always picks weird song choices and the judges never seem to like it (or at least Simon doesnt, and he usually makes the final call on these saves issues, so if you can get him to like you, the other 3 are already in the bag). So next week they will more than likely will be in the same situation again and itll probably be Matt AND Lil going next time. Unless someone majorally screws up, which could be a possibility since it is disco night and that seems to be a hard week for contestants in the past. Bottom line: Im going to vote no, it shouldve been saved.

Butterflyagirl

[4]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 8
    I think the only people who deserved the save in this show are Adam, Danny, Kris and Matt. So I'm glad they used it on Matt.

kikimarie593

[5]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 27
    I voted no. I don't think they should have because there isn't really much chance of him winning anyway. And do the judges actually have to use the save? I thought the save was for someone who actually has a chance at winning. If no one that great is eliminated though, they wouldn't have to use it. I think they just wanted to use the save so they could "make American Idol history".

ebony_kunoichi

[6]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 13

The save thing is a bunch of BS. The only reason they used the save is cause they know time is running out to use it and AI has to be all dramatic in order to get more ratings and not to waste the save on no one this year. If they would have waited then for sure I believe that Merkin would have went home next week and they aint saving her. Then I think Anoop would be next, they aint using it on him either.

I am gonna die laughing if Allison is the 6th one to leave and dont make the top 5. They will have wasted a save on someone as boring as Matt. He has an identity crisis from week to week. One week he is Justin Timberfake and the next he is Third Eye Blind and then next he is a footfaced Ray Charles clone. Give me a break.

SonicRenegade84

[7]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 12
    I vote yes. Matt did an excellent job this week and he didn't deserve to make it all the way to being voted out. Though the save thing, I agree, is total BS. It's only for ratings since everyone's getting bored with the same old process. But I see Matt and Danny in the final two now. I am going to die laughing if Matt wins it all after being saved.

TreeHill_89

[8]Apr 16, 2009
    I'm happy that Matt was saved hopefully he comes back next week with a great performance as 2 people are going home next week

Larexx

[9]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    I voted that he shouldn't have been saved. He doesn't have a chance of winning so I believe it was "wasted" for the sake of using it. What if Danny, Kris or Adam ends up as the bottom 2 next week? Then they will regret having used it!

heroesfan07

[10]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 21
    I'm over the moon now they can't use it on Danny or Lil!

PUT THE GO IN GOKEY!

sylent_asassin

[11]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 26
    What a complete WASTE of a save! Let's face facts. Matt is NOT going to win American Idol. Why waste the 'save card' on someone you KNOW isn't going to win the competition? It doesn't make logical sense. Now, when Allison or Danny, someone with the vocal potential to win the whole thing miraculously has the lowest number of votes, they'll be S.O.L. and go home with no hope for a legitimate save. This was a stupid move on the judges part and a cheap ploy for ratings.[/RANT]
    Edited on 04/16/2009 12:35pm

nickel2006

[12]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 48
    Yes. He's not my favorite but he's a good singer. He's really underrated.

XxIcingOnTopxX

[13]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    They should have let him leave. Did he deserve to go? No way. Did he have a chance of winning? Not really. I think if they didn't save him, they could have kept the save for another elimination that would be a total shocker, like Adam or Allison. Since now they used up their save, if one of the two people going home next week isn't Anoop or Lil.. they'll regret it.
    Edited on 04/17/2009 1:00pm

bonjovichick

[14]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 16

If the intent was to prevent something like what happened to Daughtry then it was mis-used. Daughtry would of had a complete chance of winning if he had been saved. It would of put those fans on alert who thought that he was safe (like me) and didn't vote for him that they better get their butts in gear and vote for him. I don't really see the same thing happening in Matt's case. He may go home this week or it may be the next couple but he will go home just the same before it gets to the final three.

If they just needed to use it because they felt they had to then using it this week was probably a good bet. A contestant that was going home too early for his performance level. Though if this upcoming week one of the big ones gets voted out there will be a lot of should of's and would of's. So I am thinking they wanted to use it and the odds were this was a good week to do it. If they got to next week and it was Lil or Anoop going home would they really want to use it?

stellarchick86

[15]Apr 17, 2009
    bonjovichick wrote:
    If the intent was to prevent something like what happened to Daughtry then it was mis-used...

Exactly...wasnt Chris the 3rd one eliminated (i.e. Taylor won, Katherine came in second, Chris third)? So if they cant use it beyond the top 5, I dont understand the whole point anyway and why they compare it to Daughtry all the time. If he had been lower than the top 5- totally understand. But he wasnt...I dont think? So right now I just see it as using it for someone whos really good but may not get a lot of votes one time, like Allison. And now they cant even use it anymore just to save someone whos probably going home in the next week or week after at the longest (can we really picture most of them doing good at 'disco'?) so Im annoyed at this whole thing...:-/

TreeHill_89

[16]Apr 17, 2009
    Larexx wrote:
    I voted that he shouldn't have been saved. He doesn't have a chance of winning so I believe it was "wasted" for the sake of using it. What if Danny, Kris or Adam ends up as the bottom 2 next week? Then they will regret having used it!

I don't get it? can't they use the save next week becuase they used it this week?

kikimarie593

[17]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 27

stellarchick86 wrote:
    bonjovichick wrote:
    If the intent was to prevent something like what happened to Daughtry then it was mis-used...
    Exactly...wasnt Chris the 3rd one eliminated (i.e. Taylor won, Katherine came in second, Chris third)? So if they cant use it beyond the top 5, I dont understand the whole point anyway and why they compare it to Daughtry all the time. If he had been lower than the top 5- totally understand. But he wasnt...I dont think? So right now I just see it as using it for someone whos really good but may not get a lot of votes one time, like Allison. And now they cant even use it anymore just to save someone whos probably going home in the next week or week after at the longest (can we really picture most of them doing good at 'disco'?) so Im annoyed at this whole thing...:-/

I forget what place Chris came in, but it wasn't 3rd. I'm pretty sure Elliott Yamin came in 3rd.

TreeHill_89

[18]Apr 17, 2009
    kikimarie593 wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:
    bonjovichick wrote:

I forget what place Chris came in, but it wasn't 3rd. I'm pretty sure Elliott Yamin came in 3rd.

yeah Elliott came 3rd and Chris came 4th

goodridd

[19]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 17
    I agree with it.

stellarchick86

[20]Apr 18, 2009
    Oh right! I forgot all about Elliot! Thanks guys. Okay well still in the top 5 then..IDK the judges are weird.